Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

#corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members (38566 Views)

EDO: PDP Campaign Of Calumny Backfires On Facebook / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members / 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by SycophanticGoat: 7:55am On Mar 13, 2016
raker300:
facts speak for themselves. Stop attaching igbos with political parties, we don't care for those neither. Focus should be on the individual.

If people like you kept this government on their toes by criticising them from the start, maybe they would've sat up and work harder. Nigeria has no patience right now.. 35years of misrule is what left us here.

Finally when things are getting normal with agricultural revolution, sure p, nysc, youwin etc, this government comes in and scraps things that are working just so they can make it there's.

Point of correction, 50 years of misrule my brother..
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 13, 2016
TheArchangel:
In two years time you are either dead from
Starvation caused by hunger
Meningitis caused by excessive heat
95% burn injury caused by buying fuel and storing.
Dehydration due to lack of water.
Then mental death as a result of accumulated and a frustrated form of illiteracy where you won't have enough money to subscribe to nairaland to gain informations talk more of paying your school fees.

[size=18pt]
Wait, hold up.....
You can't just litter NL with a dung of nags and scuttle back like a frightened ram into ur owners cage; I suppose u need a befitting reply.
1. I assume you lack two simple optical - neural gift called "foresight and hindsight" you see while physically you might b okay but you might nt so b okay in making fundamentally sound judgement with good insight.
Am a very realistic person and I don't blieve in dwelling over past mishaps so I won't even mention d sixteen wasted yrs of dis demographic nation and neither am I immune to this trying time in this nation nor apologising for anyone in govnmnt.
That said. Now to my point which is nt far fetched.
2.In d last 9mnth power has dwindled yet its in private hands -- all the government can do is engage d Gencos n Discos on ways to get it better.
3. This government is focusing on ways to domesticate the distillation of crude.(In a frame of 18 mnth we will b refining our own oil locally as projected).Yet you expect some importers not to fight back and make it impossible for d government Cos d last time I checked more than 400billion naira was paid 2 d marketers last mnth.
And jst stop saying meningitis,starvation and whatsnot cos if that's d case we wld have died of smtn much worse like say zombiegitis cos you n I knw well intellectually ripped we have been as a nation by our political class.
Maybe you will say this admnstratn has focused too much on ammending multinational relations or she is hell bent on reviving the transparency in government accountancy because of her corruption fight. Yes jst so you can b clear at d end of the four yrs of this admnstratn we'll all count our losses and gains and what will matter is how much we as an economical nation have been able to rise up d ladder of equal wealth distribution n intellectual reconnaissance.
[/size]
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by guywitzerogal(m): 7:57am On Mar 13, 2016
mideactive:
But right now,we'v got to wait..

when people Like u talk it means u re comfortable and stingy cos u re ok u don't care if ur fellow broada has eaten, we all voted buhari and his gang to power over wat d promise, d didn't say give mi 2year tinz will b better, u wan people to b suffering and smiling rite wat sort of human 're u cos if I say animal am riskin and might b ban.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by SycophanticGoat: 7:57am On Mar 13, 2016
Goddex:
[size=14pt]Nigeria has never faced this kind of hardship since independence[/size]

Talk about Buhari breaking his own bad record of 1983/84!!! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by Nbote(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2016
Wailing is now a new anthem.. From wailing na open cry remain. It's even more annoying dat wen people complain about the state of things, some others tag dem Ipob/ipod and blame dem and I ask, are Nigerians suppose to cross their legs, fold their arms and chill with a bottle of hot origin and watch as things unfold?? While working towards long term goals there is always short term measures to alleviate the hardship. D govt dat talked about diversifying the economy is still planning on expending millions of dollars dat dey claim we don't have in oil exploration?? Now dey are claiming sabotage on efforts made and I ask again, what efforts?? There's been lingering fuel scarcity for weeks now but there's nothing wrong with dat so long as no one is complaining abi?
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by bishop4life(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2016
[quote author=oweman post=43724702][/quote]

ĸnow wнaт yoυ wιѕн yoυrѕelғ. are yoυ ιnѕιnυaтιng oυr preѕιdenт ιѕ тнe preѕιdenт oғ ғederal repυвlιc oғ...... (wнιcн ιnclυdeѕ yoυ вy тнe way)
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

And you won't blame them for multiplying our electricity tariff by 2 inspire of this hardship? When other citizens of another country are facing hardship, the presidents try to drop down their taxes in order for them to survive but in Nigeria, the opposite is the case. They're introducing taxes that PDP didn't bother to implement because of the hardship it will cause Nigerians (#50 bank charge) and others like doubling our electricity tariff while still maintaining the fixed charges they promised to eradicate

The tarrif is PDP's ''fault''.

Once power was privatised in 2014....the government, apart from a token sum,essentially stopped funding the power sector. Meanwhile....our power sector needs $1Billion every year to work. Where is that cash going to come from,if not customer's pockets.

Maybe you should ask your PDP why they had to privatise the power sector. Once that happened....tarrif increases were a matter of time.

Even at that, we do not have power at all. Imagine, just under 1 year, APC government has made us experience fuel scarcity 3 furking times. Even the 5 years of GEJ didn't reach that extent. Little wonder the rate of accidents and roasting of Nigerians on highway has increased.

We did have fuel crisis several times during GEJ's time. That is because we did notbuild new refineries....and because fuel subsidy makes it expensive for marketers to import.

GEJ was right to remove subsidy in 2012....but Nigerians did not see the potential benefit. They just saw that fuel at N65 was now N140.So, they protested, and GEJ brought it back partially.

Eventually...we need to increase refining capacity. Don't expect APC to do that now...because oil prices have fallen,and there is no extra cash to build new refineries (Dangote is building one though....with a $6bn loan.).

Will you also not blame him for the over 500 Agatu people that have been killed so far with thousands others displaced? What about the attack on farmers and farmlands in SW, SE and SS by his kinsmen, will you blame it on me? He hasn't declared war on them but is always quick to direct a shoot at site for innocent and armless protesters.

The Fulani-Farmer thing has been ongoing for decades. And it affects everyone, inculding Northern Hausa farmers. But....Buhari still needs to send a Army taskforce to Agatu fast.....

There is no money, there is no money, yet he's maintaining a robust fleet in cars and jets, padded the budget and will feed fly on our wealth by spending over a billion naira on food, pay rent in Aso rock, etc, flying around from one country to another, yet you don't want us to put the blame of the collapsed economy on him? How many times has people advised him on what to do in order to caution the effect of harsh economy on us but he will always be adamant and will never listen. He's not more than a stubborn and sycophantic he-goat if you're already aware of his behavior.

While ol Bubu needs to stop spending too much....ultimately the blame of the mess our economy is in is due to our overdependence on oil. And to get our economy on the right track...we have to increase spending on thigs that would make us a industrial nation....and less of a exporterof raw materials whose prices we do not even control.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by SycophanticGoat: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

You werent around for the 1980's....especially 1984-1990.

He conveniently removed Buhari's disastrous 1983/84!! I just dey look you... grin grin grin
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by yinkslinks(m): 8:02am On Mar 13, 2016
I no blame you. does he look like someone you give time? bros check yourself well b4 you comment abeg. people are suffering and you asking for more time. did we suffer under PDP like dis? you need deliverance.
mideactive:
Very irrational set of people,it's just 9months minus 16 years.give dis man @list 2 years
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 13, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

He conveniently removed Buhari's disastrous 1983/84!! I just dey look you... grin grin grin

You did not read my comment properly son.

I SAID 1984-1990!(Buhari was in power from 31 december 1983 to August 1985 in case you have forgotten your Nigerian history).

Clear your eyes well well, chai!

(Some might even say/extend it back to 1982...when the oil price crashed then).
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by mideactive: 8:04am On Mar 13, 2016
Agreed,I'm a student still under my parents.it still does nt change d fact d u'v got2 wait

Icecomrade:

I guess you are still a student feeding from your parents. That not withstanding you need to ask your Dad how he is able to meet the family obligation.

Do you know how many people have lost their means of livelihood in what you call JUST 9MONTHS

Please go to romance section that's where children of your age play around

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by BaddieKay(f): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2016
And how has the silent helped?My dear he isn't a monarch but an elected president of a country,so get that...and neXt time u wanna make a point pls state it and dnt use insulting words.Thank u [quote author=oweman post=43724702][/quote]
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by ba7man(m): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2016
anonimi:

Do you understand the meaning of the phrase- STARTED declining in 2013?
Perhaps you should understand that first before you embarrass yourself further, okay
Below is a report from 2013.

BTW, how can a DUBIOUS person create a moral foundation against looting?
Can a man give what he does NOT have?
Is that possible

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpceg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7
You speak of decline in a shallow sense....... you fail to take note of the "Rate of decline " in oil prices and period it either picked up or slowed down.

A 10% decline in a period of 1 year is different from a 50% decline in the same period.

So scrap that your "The decline in oil prices started in 2013" arguement, did it fall 50% in 4 months like it did under PMB back then? You know the answer but you're just selective to suit your point.

Yes on the issue of morality, An Ex president is attacked and his vehicles destroyed. Who's responsible for the replacement and compensation of whatever was destroyed in the attack? The NSA.

It's not PMB that told Dasuki to fund this compensation with stolen funds. Trust me, if PMB had known where they took the funds from to compensate him, he wouldn't have collected it.

"Abacha never stole". Yes, Abacha never stole....... he printed money for himself at CBN.

1 Like

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by mideactive: 8:06am On Mar 13, 2016
Go drag am comot4 office

yinkslinks:
I no blame you. does he look like someone you give time? bros check yourself well b4 you comment abeg. people are suffering and you asking for more time. did we suffer under PDP like dis? you need deliverance.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by cheriey(f): 8:07am On Mar 13, 2016
After reading every comment, d only thing I want to ask is " pls how do I get d wailer abi wailing form?
Its urgent!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by goodgate: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2016
mideactive:
Very irrational set of people,it's just 9months minus 16 years.give dis man @list 2 years
GOD Bless you,go check their lives, you won't find any one of them positively and productively engaged,let them keep complaining instead of taking positive actions to move their lives forward.I know their life issues are not as complex as nigeria's but please ask them what they 've been able to achieve since May 29 2015-DATE,you will be shocked to hear their stories.They keep complaining when others are busy hitting it big,Dr Mike Adenuga was worth about $3.5bn around October 2015 but is presently worth about $9.8bn and some people are still complaining about economy as if others have two heads.Fact is some of these youths today are just to annoyingly physically and mentally lazy.

1 Like

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by mideactive: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2016
Nor be 2day ur problem start,nor be 2day e go end

guywitzerogal:
when people Like u talk it means u re comfortable and stingy cos u re ok u don't care if ur fellow broada has eaten, we all voted buhari and his gang to power over wat d promise, d didn't say give mi 2year tinz will b better, u wan people to b suffering and smiling rite wat sort of human 're u cos if I say animal am riskin and might b ban.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by Icecomrade: 8:17am On Mar 13, 2016
mideactive:
Agreed,I'm a student still under my parents.it still does nt change d fact d u'v got2 wait

I didnt inquire about you before I made my comment. Your comment gave you away that your still been fed and taken care of.

While waiting for your #BrainDeadHungryLookingCluelessDauraCow to find direction, pray that your Dad doesn't loss his job in his place of work like many are. Or his business doesn't crumble while you are waiting.
Pray more your family don't starve before your period of waiting elapse.

While people who understands and feels the effect of this government makes comments here , just remain in romance section and play around with your pears

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by SycophanticGoat: 8:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The tarrif is PDP's ''fault''.

Once power was privatised in 2014....the government, apart from a token sum,essentially stopped funding the power sector. Meanwhile....our power sector needs $1Billion every year to work. Where is that cash going to come from,if not customer's pockets.

Maybe you should ask your PDP why they had to privatise the power sector. Once that happened....tarrif increases were a matter of time.

We did have fuel crisis several times during GEJ's time. That is because we did notbuild new refineries....and because fuel subsidy makes it expensive for marketers to import.

GEJ was right to remove subsidy in 2012....but Nigerians did not see the potential benefit. They just saw that fuel at N65 was now N140.So, they protested, and GEJ brought it back partially.

Eventually...we need to increase refining capacity. Don't expect APC to do that now...because oil prices have fallen,and there is no extra cash to build new refineries (Dangote is building one though....with a $6bn loan.).

The Fulani-Farmer thing has been ongoing for decades. And it affects everyone, inculding Northern Hausa farmers. But....Buhari still needs to send a Army taskforce to Agatu fast.....

While ol Bubu needs to stop spending too much....ultimately the blame of the mess our economy is in is due to our overdependence on oil. And to get our economy on the right track...we have to increase spending on thigs that would make us a industrial nation....and less of a exporterof raw materials whose prices we do not even control.

How will the tariff be PDP's fault when you are clearly seeing that the useless budget is padded? If all the padded money were removed from the budget of 2016, enough money will surface and be available for the power sector but no, they rather steal thru the budget and put blames on PDP.

How come the power sector wasn't supported by PDP back in 2015 but there was power? Also, why will the government meddle into private firms? Why? If they needed to fund the power sector, then they should meet banks for loan. If banks won't grant them loans then they should fold the f up. When we're talking power, they just bought it and can't think of innovative technologies to utilize in bringing forth power to the people, they just came in to sit on old technologies and make profits. Get loans from banks, build power stations and solar systems, supply power, make money, pay back your loan.

How many times did we have fuel scarcity in five years? Now compare it to 3 times in 9 months..

See what I was saying, an innovative business man borrows $6billion to build refinery while our power companies that numbers more than 20 if I'm not mistaken cannot borrow $1billion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by anonimi: 8:18am On Mar 13, 2016
ba7man:
"Abacha never stole". Yes, Abacha never stole....... he printed money for himself at CBN.

I thought that I could have a reasonable discussion with you that leaves people enlightened even though we may still disagree on interpretation.
However I see that you are only keen to distort our recent history as a nation. I have no option than to wonder what could have transformed you into such a state.
Really, I wonder.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by mideactive: 8:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Go wash u eyes wit ogogoro may be u go fit see clearer

bishop4life:

вυнarι and нιѕ nιgerιa are alwayѕ on мy prayerѕ. coѕ wнaт ι ѕaw coмιng тo nιgerιa, нeaven ғorвιd ιт ever caмe тo вe.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by Johnrake69: 8:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Queues at gas stations are due to two things

1.Refusal to remove the subsidy...which makes it difficult for markerters to import fuel (and which is why many of them engage in the scam of writing fake invoices for oil they did not import....it is the only way to make cash).

2.Refusal to build more refineries. We need more refineries because even if all our current ones were working at full capacity, we still need at most 40 million liters of refined fuel to meet demand. That is why we are importing fuel in the first place.(Dangote is building one refinery)

As for our economy, Nigeria is oil dependent. When times are good....we import, imports are cheap, and we have dollars to buffer the naira. When times are bad...we can no longer import, the value of the naira falls because we do not have dollars to keep it buffered and prices rise.

Still back to leadership.
For the the refineries, its on record that even the biafran led govt by Ojukwu refined its own fuel during the war. And till date we still hear about illegal refineries all across the niger delta region. My point is, a good leader will look into the operations of this local refineries and bring in capable hands to make it mini refineries and issue licences to the operators. Since we dont have dollars to import this is what we cant achieve and people will be employed.

For the economy, are you aware that the agricultural sector contributes more to our GDP that oil? And what has the current govt done? Even with this obvious fact, the current govt reduced the funding for the sector from 1.6% under GEJ to 0.48% according to 2016 budget.

1 Like

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by ba7man(m): 8:19am On Mar 13, 2016
Johnrake69:

I beg to disagree. The drop in power generation and the fuel scarcity that is bitting hard on us cant be attributed to the dwindling oil price. Since 2011, the oil sector has been experiencing negative growth. The major challenge we are faced with is lack of purposeful leadership. Last year alone about #2.2trillion of foreign investment portfolio left our economy simply as a result of lack of policy direction.
Right now as we speak, there are people somewhere in this country boasting that we'll never have power.

On fuel scarcity, it was free for all to loot in the oil sector during the past administration. Under PMB, less people are handling the responsibility so it will take time to iron out supply and clear bottle necks in the system. The only good thing is that outrageous looting has been greatly reduced thus saving the Nation money to cope with the times. It will get better.

Investors leaving? Let them leave for now. We need to sanitize the Nigerian system. They'll be back when we sort ourselves out.

These people will pay good money to ensure that every gain in power generation is lost to vandalism...... irrespective of administration.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by dmexy33: 8:20am On Mar 13, 2016
fowlyansh181:
some APC members went on twitter to trend the hash tag #corruptionfightingback but it backfired on them when angry Nigerians stumbled across the hash tag and started voicing out their displeasures. here are some screen shots of the trend backfire on twitter..

Lol WHO WILL LIKE TO WATCH ONE OF THOSE APC campaign videos?

Igbos never liked this buhari. they no vote am .

Yorubas voted and now fulani herds men are killing them like cockroaches in their region , even inside Lagos. the video is on YouTube. for the first time I heard yoruba men shouting angrily that "we don't want one Nigeria". coupled with all the economic and political wahala in the region. even APC KINGPINS DAUGHTER IS CRYING OUT.

Buhari problem in the north will begin when he convicts Dasuki. that's is why he is afraid of going down that road. Dasuki himself has powerful friends and well connected in the north. he is "royalty" and fulani as well.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by SycophanticGoat: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2016
goodgate:
GOD Bless you,go check their lives, you won't find any one of them positively and productively engaged,let them keep complaining instead of taking positive actions to move their lives forward.I know their life issues are not as complex as nigeria's but please ask them what they 've been able to achieve since May 29 2015-DATE,you will be shocked to hear their stories.They keep complaining when others are busy hitting it big,Dr Mike Adenuga was worth about $3.5bn around October 2015 but is presently worth about $9.8bn and some people are still complaining about economy as if others have two heads.Fact is some of these youths today are just to annoyingly physically and mentally lazy.

This should go to Buhari and Lie Mohammed that has been complaining of one thing or another and blaming the past administration for their ineptitudes. If I may ask, I hope you got not less than $1 billion richer within this same period?
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by mideactive: 8:22am On Mar 13, 2016
Okay sir!hw do u want me2 help ur situation?

Icecomrade:

I didnt inquire about you before I made my comment. Your comment gave you away that your still been fed and taken care of.

While waiting for your #BrainDeadHungryLookingCluelessDauraCow to find direction, pray that your Dad doesn't loss his job in his place of work like many are. Or his business doesn't crumble while you are waiting.
Pray more your family don't starve before your period of waiting elapse.

While people who understands and feels the effect of this government, just remain in romance section and play around with your pears

Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by ba7man(m): 8:23am On Mar 13, 2016
anonimi:

I thought that I could have a reasonable discussion with you that leaves people enlightened even though we may still disagree on interpretation.
However I see that you are only keen to distort our recent history as a nation. I have no option than to wonder what could have transformed you into such a state.
Really, I wonder.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
Drop a counter point. I repeat it.

"Abacha never stole"...... he usually ordered CBN to print money for him which is a fact...... not hearsay.

I'm sure you're just hearing this for the first time.
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 13, 2016
drey076:

Don't mind them, they are yet to recover from Jonathan's lost
Stupid set of people
I won't blame u buhari juju is working on u ND dats why u ar too blinded nd stupid to see the unbelievable hardship Nigerians are going through
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by mideactive: 8:26am On Mar 13, 2016
Der's a light @ d end of d tunnel,don't loose hope..

yinkslinks:
Re: #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members by emymeeky: 8:28am On Mar 13, 2016
mideactive:
D country has always been like dis,we can only hope n pray.ur rant won't a thing,no matter how depressed u'r feelin right now.just work harder n pray!

My advice for you . Do not scold your child nor punish him ( do not criticise your government when it goes wrong ) until he matures into adulthood ( until their 4 year tenure is complete)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria's 2022 National Award: List Of Awardees / Ibe Kachiukwu Assumes Office As Minister Of State For Petroleum Resources (Photo / Children In Mabai, Katsina Feed On Grass Over Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.