Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (92353 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by baum1: 12:05am On Mar 26, 2016
sontoly:
I agree with the guy that said ighalo was predictable, I noticed it, little wonder why Hus goals has dried up, when we had emenike, if was just the same, trying to shield n muscle defenders.
most of our shot where wayward, most where either directed to the keeper or shot into the croud, ( ahmed musa was a culprit, he need to train himself on goal scoring)
mosses simon was fantastic, skillful and trouble the egyptins
iheanacho was more like the only guy who knows what he wants, two shots on target, not just to get a shot but an eye for goal which resulted in goal as well.
Mikel didn't do bad either , since he played where he love most.
but our defence was pathetic.

It's great more people are noticing that guy, Moses Simon..Very skillful kid..Nigeria's football future is bright..Iheanach, Iwobi, Moses Simon and all the other young lads still have many more years to play for the Eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:05am On Mar 26, 2016
Qmerit:

Slap ur face at once ok.
U re not talking about the offside wat u can see is second goal. Rubbish
Eyya e pain you? Things of pass.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Mekyno(m): 4:51am On Mar 26, 2016
dominique:

Debut means first time you're doing something. Saying first debut is an unnecessary repetition. All the commentator should have said is 'he's making his debut' chikena
ok, u coming frm d grammatical aspect, I tot it was d info itself b4
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Goke7: 6:15am On Mar 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The boys played well and with time, the team will gel. The NFF needs to give Coach Siasia chance because his philosophy and pattern of play fits our current emerging talents.

I totally disagree with the idea of bringing in a foreign Coach. Coach Siasia and his crew will soon get it right. Dropping Siasia will take our development backwards.

Dropping siasia is my worry too especially with amaju pinick saying no local coach will tinker the eagles again cos of the oliseh debacle which amaju caused himself. It was too evident oliseh almost destroyed our national team. He was the biggest mistake ever in our football.

An experienced enyeama would have coordinated our defence better on the day but oliseh thought otherwise. Siasia has a philosophy which suits our football that the average Nigerian loves which is attacking football, with the defence sorted out, no matter the group we find ourselves for the world cup qualifiers we will qualify but can they allow siasia be? That's my concern

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by seaga: 6:21am On Mar 26, 2016
mikaael:

seems u are drunk..are they representing delta or nigeria?

No! He is just a dragonfool.very ridiculous
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Seun360(m): 7:02am On Mar 26, 2016
Goke7:

Dropping siasia is my worry too especially with amaju pinick saying no local coach will tinker the eagles again cos of the oliseh debacle which amaju caused himself. It was too evident oliseh almost destroyed our national team. He was the biggest mistake ever in our football.

An experienced enyeama would have coordinated our defence better on the day but oliseh thought otherwise. Siasia has a philosophy which suits our football that the average Nigerian loves which is attacking football, with the defence sorted out, no matter the group we find ourselves for the world cup qualifiers we will qualify but can they allow siasia be? That's my concern

Can you hear ursef?

Siasia will set a new record with the super eagles, the first manager that failed to qualify Nigeria to the AFCON twice.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by yinkeys(m): 7:07am On Mar 26, 2016
That number 6 guy should never be in the Super eagles

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by adeboi1991(m): 7:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Ebenezerk2:
it was offside
he isn't off side efe ambrose kept him onside
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by adeboi1991(m): 7:34am On Mar 26, 2016
mikaael:

seems u are drunk..are they representing delta or nigeria?
victor moses wasn't even in d pitch when d goal was scored
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Walelavender(m): 7:45am On Mar 26, 2016
Still rueing the draw. Just like a loss to me. Turning the table around would be a miracle. The Egyptians were not that special though. ....Yes we can!
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2016
Seun360:

Can you hear ursef?

Siasia will set a new record with the super eagles, the first manager that failed to qualify Nigeria to the AFCON twice.

If we fail then it was Oliseh fault.
He couldn't get us a win against Tanzania..
The worst that can happen is to qualify as best losers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Seun360(m): 8:20am On Mar 26, 2016
Daninya11:

If we fail then it was Oliseh fault.
He couldn't get us a win against Tanzania..
The worst that can happen is to qualify as best losers.

you couldn't beat your direct rival? or your think Tanzania is an easy prey?

You simply know nothing abt footy,i recommend you make a switch to Telemundo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 26, 2016
Seun360:

you couldn't beat your direct rival? or your think Tanzania is an easy prey?

You simply know nothing abt footy,i recommend you make a switch to Telemundo.

You think so bro?.

I don't even know what Telemundo is.

Why is it that when Nigeria is in a Precarious Situation we remember Siasia??.

For a pretty long while, Nigeria have not played as they did yesterday.

What was Oboabona thinking when he feigned injury??.. Carl Ikeme should have kicked out the ball to the other half of the Egyptian..
If Siasia fail, let the players blame themselves..

So called professionals playing like rookies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Seun360(m): 8:39am On Mar 26, 2016
Daninya11:

You think so bro?.

I don't even know what Telemundo is.

Why is it that when Nigeria is in a Precarious Situation we remember Siasia??.

For a pretty long while, Nigeria have not played as they did yesterday.

What was Oboabona thinking when he feigned injury??.. Carl Ikeme should have kicked out the ball to the other half of the Egyptian..
If Siasia fail, let the players blame themselves..

So called professionals playing like rookies
Who cares what happened yesterday, Naija have no business in Gabon 2017.
You lost it all when Oliseh decided to walk away.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Harmony10: 8:45am On Mar 26, 2016
Seun360:

Can you hear ursef?

Your record will be correct if He was the that started and ended the two qualifiers you are talking about. The first Eguavon has lost one and won one. Second one Oliseh has drawn one and drawn one. At both times there was little or no time to organise his team. Please be objective and fair about your assessment of people. Result is not a truth test of people capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by ednut1(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2016
Harmony10:

Your record will be correct if He was the that started and ended the two qualifiers you are talking about. The first Eguavon has lost one and won one. Second one Oliseh has drawn one and drawn one. At both times there was little or no time to organise his team. Please be objective and fair about your assessment of people. Result is not a truth test of people capacity.
not an excuse abeg. Amodu has rescued Nigeria more dan twice in situations lik dis. If not dat he hypertensive hv we hv taken over
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Seun360(m): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2016
ednut1:
not an excuse abeg. Amodu has rescued Nigeria more dan twice in situations lik dis. If not dat he hypertensive hv we hv taken over

Even worse situation sef. Thanks for adding that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Goke7: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2016
Seun360:

Can you hear ursef?

So how does that make oliseh better? A man who ran away cos of Egypt. I think the siasia deserves more credit for his bravery to take up the job for now despite the circumstances. He was just unlucky yesterday
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Goke7: 10:14am On Mar 26, 2016
Seun360:

Who cares what happened yesterday, Naija have no business in Gabon 2017.
You lost it all when Oliseh decided to walk away.
Oliseh is a coward simple though I blame those who gave him the job, they are the culprits

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Harmony10: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2016
Seun360:

Even worse situation sef. Thanks for adding that.

Please analyse the situations where Amodu rescued. Let's judge them side by side. I won't mind venturing into comparison, even though I believe there's no basis for comparison. No two coaches are the same and no two situations are the same.

Siasia is not a firebrigade coach. He is a coach whose team get better as they progresses. We African usually expect miracle when we choose to do things improperly. With the kind of preparation that trailed his two appointments, it would be a miracle if qualified. So if he didn't qualify it is normal and expected result.

The Nigeria team during Amodu time still had the fear factor because of players like okocha, Kanu etc. Please tell me one single player in our team 2day who can spring up magic like these two players. Now Siasia has overseen two qualifiers where we have at least one desperate team in our group and set themselves on proper footing long before the qualifiers started. The first it was Guinea whom we lost to away in out first match. While we playing politics with appointing a Substantive Coach, Guinea was busy strategising for us. In the end we were under pressure at home and we draw that match. Now we have even much more desperate Egypt who has won the title 7times and have not been to the last three tourney. Seeing the draw we should have employed more discretion in the choice of our coach. What did we do? We went for a pundit - someone who has not proven himself yet.

If we keep doing stuff like these, we will keep finding ourselves in this kind of delimma. If we fail to qualify, pls blame every other person (NFF, NFF President, Media, Fans, Players) but the coach in the person of Siasia.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by DVMtuppence(m): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2016
Register and get 60% of your first deposit...it's 100%real
Click here. http://www./registration/affiliate211731
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Harmony10: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2016
ednut1:

Mr Ednut1 we meet here again. I know you have personal beef siasia. You have chosen not to see any good thing about what he is doing.

Maybe I can help stir up a little believe in him. Even though we didnt win or get the desired, a lot of people enjoyed the way we played. That is with a team he never had chance to play any competitive match prior to this game. Every time he coaches our national team there is always this hunger, commitment, urgency, appeal for focus and discipline in the team.

Unlike most other coaches where players hold the nation ransom because there is over reliance on them. He is so bold that he can let go of any player who is feeling bigger than the team. If that has been the attitude national team, we have by now a team that highly committed, professional and disciplined by now. There will a lot of inflows in out team such that only the best will remain. It seems this backfired the last time because he called off Vincent bluff. But the good thing is that Dele deputizing Vincent was not as up to scratch to Vincent and that incident exposed him. That was the time we started shopping for capable replacement for vincent.

Siasia usu perform well against all odds when he has good time to prepare his team. At the last AFCON U-23 tourney, his mum was kidnapped; Clubs didn't release his best legs because the tourney was not recognised by FIFA, The home-based too hardly stayed in camp because the league was closing and clubs need their players (he had to stand is ground before he could get a handful of players - Sokari was shut out the team in the process), NFF owed him and the players. Several challenges. Yet he was focused on the job, organised his team, started slowly but improved as they progressed, dumped the host country and brought back the trophy.

If there is any man for the Super Eagles, Siasia is the man. I pray he get lucky and qualify so that people like you can be easy on him. Since only his qualification will earn him pass mark.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by ednut1(m): 11:05am On Mar 26, 2016
Harmony10:

Mr Ednut1 we meet here again. I know you have personal beef siasia. You have chosen not to see any good thing about what he is doing.

Maybe I can help stir up a little believe in him. Even though we didnt win or get the desired, a lot of people enjoyed the way we played. That is with a team he never had chance to play any competitive match prior to this game. Every time he coaches our national team there is always this hunger, commitment, urgency, appeal for focus and discipline in the team.

Unlike most other coaches where players hold the nation ransom because there is over reliance on them. He is so bold that he can let go of any player who is feeling bigger than the team. If that has been the attitude national team, we have by now a team that highly committed, professional and disciplined by now. There will a lot of inflows in out team such that only the best will remain. It seems this backfired the last time because he called off Vincent bluff. But the good thing is that Dele deputizing Vincent was not as up to scratch to Vincent and that incident exposed him. That was the time we started shopping for capable replacement for vincent.

Siasia usu perform well against all odds when he has good time to prepare his team. At the last AFCON U-23 tourney, his mum was kidnapped; Clubs didn't release his best legs because the tourney was not recognised by FIFA, The home-based too hardly stayed in camp because the league was closing and clubs need their players (he had to stand is ground before he could get a handful of players - Sokari was shut out the team in the process), NFF owed him and the players. Several challenges. Yet he was focused on the job, organised his team, started slowly but improved as they progressed, dumped the host country and brought back the trophy.

If there is any man for the Super Eagles, Siasia is the man. I pray he get lucky and qualify so that people like you can be easy on him. Since only his qualification will earn him pass mark.
u expect me to read this long post ni . Siasia performs only at age grade level. Time and time again dat has always been d case. Hunger nd commitment who he don help. Watch Egypt thrash us nxt week. If not for hypertension Amodu wud hv taken d job nd won ydae. Dat is a fact

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by ednut1(m): 11:08am On Mar 26, 2016
Harmony10:

Please analyse the situations where Amodu rescued. Let's judge them side by side. I won't mind venturing into comparison, even though I believe there's no basis for comparison. No two coaches are the same and no two situations are the same.

Siasia is not a firebrigade coach. He is a coach whose team get better as they progresses. We African usually expect miracle when we choose to do things improperly. With the kind of preparation that trailed his two appointments, it would be a miracle if qualified. So if he didn't qualify it is normal and expected result.

The Nigeria team during Amodu time still had the fear factor because of players like okocha, Kanu etc. Please tell me one single player in our team 2day who can spring up magic like these two players. Now Siasia has overseen two qualifiers where we have at least one desperate team in our group and set themselves on proper footing long before the qualifiers started. The first it was Guinea whom we lost to away in out first match. While we playing politics with appointing a Substantive Coach, Guinea was busy strategising for us. In the end we were under pressure at home and we draw that match. Now we have even much more desperate Egypt who has won the title 7times and have not been to the last three tourney. Seeing the draw we should have employed more discretion in the choice of our coach. What did we do? We went for a pundit - someone who has not proven himself yet.

If we keep doing stuff like these, we will keep finding ourselves in this kind of delimma. If we fail to qualify, pls blame every other person (NFF, NFF President, Media, Fans, Players) but the coach in the person of Siasia.
stop making excuses abeg he failed to beat an ordinary Guinea. He shud stick with age grade teams
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Harmony10: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2016
ednut1:
stop making excuses abeg he failed to beat an ordinary Guinea. He shud stick with age grade teams

This is not excuses. These are factors that make people fail or pass. Oliseh (the Pep Guadiola of Africa) who started from the scratch and who know how to tell people what to do will not dear continue. He ran for his dear career because he still want to keep the bragging right that he didn't lose or fail.

Anyway my coach will succeed against all odds. And if he he does not qualify us, nothing spoil. He will go back to U-23 and enjoy himself at the Olympics.

He will Live to try another day. Let those who are running keep running - they will never have a chance to win any trophy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Seun360(m): 12:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
ednut1:
u expect me to read this long post ni . Siasia performs only at age grade level. Time and time again dat has always been d case. Hunger nd commitment who he don help. Watch Egypt thrash us nxt week. If not for hypertension Amodu wud hv taken d job nd won ydae. Dat is a fact

You really understand the round leather game.

Kudos.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Oyimzy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Even with 3 Moses' .....
1. Moses Simon
2. Victor Moses
3. Ahmed Musa (Moses)

Nigeria couldn't conquer the Egyptians. A job that just 1 Moses performed before"

Nawa oh�
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Seun360(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
He couldn't even play mind games, was busy running his mouth that he's gonna beat Egypt home and away. He better stick with his usual age grade teams. We all know 85% the players we use for age grade compo are over aged players.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by Harmony10: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
Seun360:
He couldn't even play mind games, was busy running his mouth that he's gonna beat Egypt home and away. He better stick with his usual age grade teams. We all know 85% the players we use for age grade compo are over aged players.

Are u blaming him for systemic issue?

You can as well blame him for the corruption in the country.
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by DVMtuppence(m): 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
Register by clicking this link
http://promotions.naijapredict.com/ref/438793
Promo season,earn 120% on ur first deposit and 80%bonus on subsequent ones
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by mikaael(m): 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
cooltobex:

Thank you for that response (not the 'drunk' part though). I don't understand why people feel the need to be so tribalistic. Forgetting that we're first of all Nigerian, before we're yoruba, igbo, hausa and the likes. Again, apt response.

yeah bro...I detest such attitude...lets fight tribalism
Re: Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 by HRich(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
spartanobad:
olodo what was d score undecidedolodo what was d score
You guys should thank the ref

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Mama Arsenal: Hassan Nasimot Amoke Awarded N250, 000 For Her Passion (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Hushpuppi: Who Wore It Better? / Kinsey Wolanski Invades Liverpool Vs Tottenham Champions League Final Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.