Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. (29947 Views)

Stephanie Hegarty Reacts To Magu's Rejection By Nigerian Senate / Senate Fails To Screen Magu, EFCC Boss / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
marlockj:

Am happy for the insult....provided d Senate is There to send d bill to sambisa...

Tnk u so much I really appreciate....

I will love to apply for more insult...I will b grateful is my application is gvn Crious consideration.. tnks

You are welcome. As long as you keep the ugly mindset about women in words and attitude, you will be getting much justfied insults.

Haba, when its not that u dont have women around u.... Despicable!
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
freecocoa:
Why do you people behave like like people with no brains whatsoever? I'm sorry but I can't afford to be all courteous right now.

What do you know about me to know I haven't/ can't walk up to a guy to ask him out? You people should get an education please, it's for your own good o.
majority of Ladies, don't do it, u may be excluded, buh the rest are not, oya ask me out grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by lastpage: 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
Mordyb:
Am surprised Remi Tinubu et al couldn't do shege for this bill to go through. Women are the cause of their own problems when the likes of Oduah and ekwunife can't even protest or use the womanly charms to convince the colleagues to push the bill but how can they when they will never like to see another woman reach their level

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Unfortunately, Women like Remi Tinubu did not get to where they are..... simply because they have "Female Instruments"! grin grin grin

Her types got there because they've got brains, intellect, capacity, competitiveness and they makes use of it.

she expects other women folk "who have it", to also use it...... not try to take advantage of their Instruments because it makes mockery of the hardworking and intelligent woman that abound in this country.
The world is always at the feet of any intelligent woman

It is the lazy, indolent, unintelligent, Gold-digger women who wants to "reap where they have not sowed" or attain positions that they dont deserve, through "Quota System" for women! undecided undecided

I thought we all agreed that Quatia system breeds mediocrity?
okay, if its only women that benefits, its okay, right?.

BTW: Women like you ridicule fellow women when you say they should use "womanly charms" to get what they want!
So, you are saying it is those "Instruments charms" that women have to offer......... yet you want them to be considered equal to men who dont use such "charms" to gain undue advantage?
You see why women like you make women lose their deserved respect?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by postmann: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
Akfakorede:

@ postmann
what do you think about this??

i really like your threads...o make sesnse..

It's cool. It puts the activities of the upper chamber of the national assembly at the figure tips. But I have a passive interest in Nigeria politics. The current crop of politicians are not worth it. Just my opinion.

I'm sincerely grateful for your commendation.

****modified ****

Now I get your drift. The link you sent me led me to a twitter handLe of the NS.

My comment will be brief:

I love my northern brothers for one thing : Westernization i.e satanization will never prevail in Nigeria. My northern are brothers immovable rock. Left for southerners, we are open and porous to whatever garbage satan cooks for humanity through the West.

EQUAL RIGHTS IN MARRIAGE shocked shocked shocked TELL ME ABOUT THE DEVIL, AND I'LL TELL YOU THE WHYTEMAN IS HIS CHIEF OF SERVANTS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by freecocoa(f): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
marlockj:

This Wat u get wen u hit them on their g...spot....

Haha!!!!u end up insulting me Cuz I hit u hard wit clear points.....

This is Hw to knw a clear losing and a well pissed person...

Try get dikkk

Tnks....one dwn..Nxt...
I was right and I knew it, you need to get sense before addressing me, never forget that.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by mccoy47(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
daretodiffer:

You are 100,000,000,000 me!

[s]If no be for God o, why else would cockroaches and ants claim superiority over women[/s]

I can see the mods hv sent u to gv me a ban! Jump and pass
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
gcode123:

Im no christian either. But i dont see christians pushing for marriage to 11 year olds. I dont see em marring kids, i dont see em enslaving their wives. I care less about religion but islam is without a shadow of doubt non progressive, no matter how they embelish it.

Bla bla bla bla

I don't see Muslims supporting it either and I don't like people who cannot read and comprehend

It is an opinion,
YOUR OPINION grin
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by mccoy47(m): 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
lastpage:

Unfortunately, Women like Remi Tinubu did not get to where they are..... [s]simply because they have "Female Instruments"! grin

Her types got there because they've got brains, intellect, capacity, competitiveness and they makes use of it.[/s]

[size=13pt]She got there because she married a powerful man!
Get your facts right!
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
mccoy47:

I can see the mods hv sent u to gv me a ban! Jump and pass

Do you know how much I hate losers with complex issues? embarassed

I might be willing to elevate the way I see you, if only you would be willing to get some English lessons
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by MarieSucre(f): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
marlockj:

1St black is a man....

Are you now saying that opportunity is not given to women to contest for governors.. are u aware that women are given free forms.....Cuz men knw they cn Neva win....

I wnt to let u knw that america is not Africa.... we are blacks n africa.... we Hv nothing to do with America.....

Yes they Hv girls now go to school fine..Bt Wat effect do they Hv in challenging positions xcept nominated.....

For you to think that women are not given level playing ground u lie....governors,senatorial, counselors etc gives forms for women free at mst low cost....yet nothing....

Okk look at d ones who still find them self in Senate or Rep..how many tyms Hv u heard of the....be it for good or bad reasons...

All d news in Senate is Jst abt men....all tru whether for good or bad reasons..

I am yet to see a woman challenge a man to a stand still....

U talk of does days...Dat parents will b telling their daughter u will marry a governor etc...it still happen..invaded u Dnt knw women this days are after two thing.,job and marriage....

Once a woman cn caught a man to marry is a jackpot.... I knw u will Nt agree to this...Bt this forum will affirm to dis...

The crux of my point is mentality. A mentality that asserts that someone is unfit to be in a position or perform and action because of their gender or skin colour. Mind you Obama wasn't voted in because he is a man but because he is black.
Do you know how many black men ran for the position of presidency before Obama. Ever heard of Jesse Jackson? Why do you think they were not successful? At the moment there is only one black man in the presidential race, that is Dr. Ben Carson. For years black men have been told that they were incapable of ruling because of their race. All they're good for is being slaves and gangsters. Later they said "se slavery is over, why aren't the black men content with being free and living free" "If we let black men rule they will make we whites slaves".

Don't you see the parallel with women. "women can't do this because of their gender". "Women are incapable because they're always confused". "If you give a woman small power she will put all the men under her feet". "why can't women be content with what they have".

Its the same. The same hell. Different Devils.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
marlockj:

Check I Jst blast one girl.....I need you to quote and blast me too....

Push let's goo....

You cant blast shiii. You need to get smarter first for your words to carry some weight cos you are blasting blanks.....
Dude grow up, read, look beyond your religious perception and hav a balanced worldview not this trash you speak..... Enjoy your evening mahn.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by lastpage: 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
MarieSucre:

Pls stop evading. I am conversing with an adult. Do you support slavery and stoning of fornicators?? Simple!

Anyone with sense would not support that but l am sure we both know that Slavery has been abolished (there are pockets of people who sue was is similar to slavery ...like paying too little for labour or using "House-Boy/Girl).
Govt can make Laws to proscribe such Acts so that if covers both genders, instead of women alone. undecided

Stoning fornicators is curently still being practiced as an Islamic/religious injunction and as such, only those who present themselves as adherents of such religion, have a problem with it.
Nigeria is not an Islamic country (we are secular) and as such, it is the Constitution of Nigeria, which does not have such clauses, tha govern a Nigerian in cases like fornication.
It is Muslims that must seek to either leave that religion if they dont want to be bound by such obnoxious rules or seek to change the tenets of their religion.
Remember, Christians to have to change a lot of "bad things" in their religion, to get ot the level they are today (as a religion).

Finally, let me point out that these thing shave nothing to do with Feminism or Equality of Women and Men.
*Men have been enslaved just as women
*Men have fornicated and got stoned, juts like women.
*Fornication itself is an act between both Genders........ so women should stop trying to take advantage of such things as if it applies only to them

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by MarieSucre(f): 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
marlockj:

I knw a shameless bitch Lik you can do Dat....

U cn evn Lik a man's anus Jst Cuz of money.....

Pls cn you do d forum a Favour by telling us....Hw many men fckked you?

U cn do all Dat...wen u cn get a dikk in place of d wound u Hv between legs call me...

You see why men like you should not go anywhere near power. You can't even hold a discussion for 3 minutes, JUST 3 minutes!! without resulting to invectives. You're not even her intellectual equal. Your diction speaks for itself. It is you who should be begging freecocoa for equality. Shame!
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by iriskiki(f): 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hmmmmmmm... *deep sigh* Nigeria!!! Smh... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by iyb(m): 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Women don't handle power well giving them more of what they have already is disastrous. This Gender bullshit didnt work well with white people it certainly won't work well with us. Divorce rates will shoot up,gold diggers will increase

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by quivah(f): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
This marlockj is a confirm mumu illiterate, just imagine all the crap he has been writing and some group of guys will come here to shout their usual nonsense : men are superior If that dude is the average man you are clamouring to be superior than I am sorry.. I'm far superior, intelligent, smarter, better than him.. Its a fact!! I'm more 'man' than him.. No reasonable woman(a wife) should even submit to such dead brain else, her life is ruined.
This aboki marloclj no even fit reach 1/3 of me and he's claiming 'Man'..
Funniest thing is, he's even proud about his stupidity.. Just imagine!!

Worthy of note. I am equal to any man, no man is superior than I am...however, I can only submit to my husband. So all those jargons about men being superior is utter nonsense and a pile of shit..
Accept this and start being a man 'beyond your third leg '..
You men and any other women out there are EQUAL. You can only claim leadership in your marriage not socially ..
Just imagine this one particular rabid dog ,,marlockj... Gosh!! I feel sorry for superiority, it has been rubbished!
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
mccoy47:

Cc. Seun
Mynd44,
Lalasticlala.
Farano

A litmus test to show equality in banning on nairaland!

Let me tell why I am smarter than you

1)That was simply a question
2) A question that does not tell a sane mind that iI was referring to you
3)Do you consider yourself a loser with complex issues? If not, why else would you think that it was directed to you
4) It was a question about me not you
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by MarieSucre(f): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
lastpage:

Anyone with sense would not support that but l am sure we both know that Slavery has been abolished (there are pockets of people who sue was is similar to slavery ...like paying too little for labour or using "House-Boy/Girl).
Govt can make Laws to proscribe such Acts so that if covers both genders, instead of women alone. undecided

Stoning fornicators is curently still being practiced as an Islamic/religious injunction and as such, only those who present themselves as adherents of such religion, have a problem with it.
Nigeria is not an Islamic country (we are secular) and as such, it is the Constitution of Nigeria, which does not have such clauses, tha govern a Nigerian in cases like fornication.
It is Muslims that must seek to either leave that religion if they dont want to be bound by such obnoxious rules or seek to change the tenets of their religion.
Remember, Christians to have to change a lot of "bad things" in their religion, to get ot the level they are today (as a religion).

Finally, let me point out that these thing shave nothing to do with Feminism or Equality of Women and Men.
*Men have been enslaved just as women
*Men have fornicated and got stoned, juts like women.
*Fornication itself is an act between both Genders........ so women should stop trying to take advantage of such things as if it applies only to them

Lastpage!

Nowhere in my post did I imply that only women suffer from stoning. Pls point it out for me, if not it is irrelevant and just another evasion.

Now slavery was abolished by man not the bible. Are you saying that it is OK if man decides to abolish inequality between man and woman?

Stoning is still practiced by Islamic countries. But it is also mandated in the bible. It means that if I support that inequality in the bible and act it out by saying a woman has no right to a man. I can also drag you and your girlfriend out and stone both of you? Afterall they're both mandated by the bible. Very simple.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by quivah(f): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
If a man gets to a position; its hard work
Of a woman gets to the same position; its pussi work.

Smh...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by freecocoa(f): 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
mccoy47:

[size=13pt]She got there because she married a powerful man!
Get your facts right!
[/size]
Oh! Really? Please tell me more about it, seeing that you've been there through it all.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Gerrard59(m): 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
I'm not surprised by the majority of comments I see on this thread. Nigeria nay Africa has a fvcked up mentality, which is why a nation's parliament will be against a bill that will, hopefully, eradicate violence against women(their wives, sisters, daughters)

Moreover, the comment that women aren't participating is as a result of the fvcked up mentality I talked about. Is it not on Nairaland working class ladies are advised against buying a car even when they NEED it? When they subconsciously make ladies develop low self esteem?
When they tell ladies not to dream big as if dreaming big is the right of men only?

Nevertheless, with increased awareness and most importantly, education, I see more women rising up to the challenge. 20 years ago, who would have thought that we would have female professors? Female engineers? On the other hand, we need to groom our lads out there to respect women and not think because you possess a D I C K then you have the right to r@pe a lady. It's ensuring that boys cook, wash clothes, sweep etc that we can entrench gender equality.
If we are to wait for the olodos we have in the NASS, na grey hair things oh.

Changing the fvcked up mentality of Nigerians is a task that must be done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by naptu2: 8:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
[size=14pt]Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999).[/size]

42. (1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-

(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or

(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

(2) No citizen of Nigeria shall be subjected to any disability or deprivation merely by reason of the circumstances of his birth.

(3) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law by reason only that the law imposes restrictions with respect to the appointment of any person to any office under the State or as a member of the armed forces of the Federation or member of the Nigeria Police Forces or to an office in the service of a body, corporate established directly by any law in force in Nigeria.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by Missy89(f): 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
SirShymexx:
Hmmm. That's effed up.

Then again all fingers are equal and even the two ti.ts on every woman are never equal.

But as asserted in the post that 70% of the lawyers in naij are women, they can always take solace in that cos that is inequality against men lool.

Cc missy89

What does ti.ts have to do with a gender equality bill?

Typical you.
Re: Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. by orakao8: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
STORY FOR THE GODS
Gerrard59:
I'm not surprised by the majority of comments I see on this thread. Nigeria nay Africa has a fvcked up mentality, which is why a nation's parliament will be against a bill that will, hopefully, eradicate violence against women(their wives, sisters, daughters)

Moreover, the comment that women aren't participating is as a result of the fvcked up mentality I talked about. Is it not on Nairaland working class ladies are advised against buying a car even when they NEED it? When they subconsciously make ladies develop low self esteem?
When they tell ladies not to dream big as if dreaming big is the right of men only?

Nevertheless, with increased awareness and most importantly, education, I see more women rising up to the challenge. 20 years ago, who would have thought that we would have female professors? Female engineers? On the other hand, we need to groom our lads out there to respect women and not think because you possess a D I C K then you have the right to r@pe a lady. It's ensuring that boys cook, wash clothes, sweep etc that we can entrench gender equality.
If we are to wait for the olodos we have in the NASS, na grey hair things oh.

Changing the fvcked up mentality of Nigerians is a task that must be done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Spotted In Economy Class While Travelling From Abuja To Lagos / Fayose Inspects Multiple Projects By 1:25am In Ikere(photos) / Akwa Ibom APC Prepares For President Buhari's Visit [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.