Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating (26149 Views)

Childish Ways Most Guys Behave That Has Got To Stop / Ladies, Guys, Have You Ever Been Caught In This Position Before? Speak The Truth / What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Abbeyunique2(m): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:
I'm waiting for the fool that would say he owns me

even if every single soul in my world choose u love u

Till i breath my last i wont undecided get d facts ryt aint scared of dying

I just never want u i choose death over u a billion trillion million times
Lol. i understand
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
naijaboiy:
Na why I dey ask na.
Nice write-up by the way. smiley
Thanks bro cheesy
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by halfricanadian(f): 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

Lol. i understand

smiley sadly im over it completely

Thank u cheesy name sake me pelu unique toh sure ju
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Abbeyunique2(m): 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:

smiley sadly im over it completely
Thank u cheesy name sake me pelu unique toh sure ju
Oya, come pay money for oruko. lol
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by halfricanadian(f): 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

Oya, come pay money for oruko. lol

Im older dan u oya drop first while i dab tongue
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Abbeyunique2(m): 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:

Im older dan u oya drop first while i dab tongue
who says u are older? while i makossa
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by halfricanadian(f): 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

grin see u i wasnt born last night u kno cheesy

While i konko below
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

U will soon be reported. You are derailing this thread!
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by olac21(m): 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
ronald4lif:
Please can anyone explain what the poster above the one above me is saying or am I the only one who always finds her incomprehensible and inscrutable

She writes out of sense all times!you are not alone in comprehending her in this bro.
Btw,its been a long time here,anything?
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rapmoney:
U will soon be reported. You are derailing this thread!
Sorry sir, i was elated at seing my namesake.
i can relate with ur write up. during my undergraduate days, i had a housemate that beats the crap out of his gal, he instilled so much fear in the gal that u would think he is her uncle/father. the guy calls the gal his wife. he was so possesive with the gal and the funniest thing is that they are still dating.

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by ronald4lif(m): 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
olac21:

She writes out of sense all times!you are not alone in comprehending her in this bro.
Btw,its been a long time here,anything?

Ahh thought I was the only one who have noticed it. Fair enough there are others like me.

Nothing really bruv, just been occupied lately
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

Sorry sir, i was elated at seing my namesake.
i can relate with ur write up. during my undergraduate days, i had a housemate that beats the crap out of his gal, he instilled so much fear in the gal that u would think he is her uncle/father. the guy calls the gal his wife. he was so possesive with the gal and the funniest thing is that they are still dating.
It could be that she likes being beaten and treated like an animal! cool
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by ifeajikap(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
BumBae:
Ekaitte pls give op one cold beer n lap dance for this smiley

Nice topic Rapmoney, alot of guys do this without knowing ..
I want lap dance
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rapmoney:
It could be that she likes being beaten and treated like an animal! cool
some gals are like that. that's why the bad guy always win

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 11:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
ifeajikap:
I want lap dance
Ehn!!! Brother Johnson, even you?
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by tosyne2much(m): 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
rosalieene:
Nice one Op
The only point guys would pick up is the issue of spending on girls. Trust me! they know themselves.
Go ahead and mention their names cheesy
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by NemzySeries(m): 2:19am On Mar 17, 2016
ronald4lif:
Please can anyone explain what the poster above the one above me is saying or am I the only one who always finds her incomprehensible and inscrutable
d unpleasant weather is already enuf problem......honestly I dunt wanna put ma mind & brain under pressure ......I bliv even d lady hersef av no idea of her comment
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 17, 2016
OP you are a true son of your Father
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 7:03am On Mar 17, 2016
MrsPhyno:
OP you are a true son of your Father
Seriously? grin
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Rapmoney(m): 7:04am On Mar 17, 2016
tosyne2much:
Go ahead and mention their names cheesy
You know she won't!
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
CHAI, THAT NUMBER ONE I SABI AM WELL WELL. I SABI THE WORK PASS POLICE. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by richidinho(m): 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
BumBae:
Ekaitte pls give op one cold beer n lap dance for this smiley

Nice topic Rapmoney, alot of guys do this without knowing ..

hope you noticed the last one

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by LilNetty(m): 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
Its like Op really knows what am passing tru.....Emmanuel shey u they hear now...??
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Ghost447(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rapmoney:
It seems so many guys are so confused on dating to an extent where they erroneously equate it with marriage! Dating is just a period where two persons who find themselves attracted to each other try to know themselves better; it could even happen in a way where either one of them is not 'too interested' in the other person but as time goes on, good attitude, genuine love and care, coupled with clear understanding shown by either the guy or the lady could make both of them 'click' for good.

On a serious note, some guys can actually go the extra mile by portraying some unnecessary and irrelevant attitude that can cause them emotional pains in return cool

Below are some common misconceptions guys have about dating which is not supposed to be a 'do-or-die' affair!!!

1) Policing a girl: Dating period shouldn't be a time for you to police a girl as if you work for the FBI! When a girl agrees to date you, it means she has interest in you and would like to know you better. It is not a period to show your skills in detective operations and start snooping around her, trying to know her every whereabout...how she eats, who she talks to, who she calls or who calls her. You might just end up selling yourself out as a desperate and jobless fellow who has nothing serious to attend to in life! Give yourself some self-worth, Inspector Idemudia!!! angry

2) Exercising ownership over her: This is one big misconception that most guys have! Remember you have not paid a dime on her...so why exercise ownership? Isn't it funny that as soon as she agrees to date you, you want her to cut off every raport she has with everyone? You erroneously think that when you claim ownership, it gives you a strong ground in her life! Wrong! You could even trigger hatred. Allow her to study you and other admirers to see who has the desired traits! This is far from her playing 'hard to get' because at this stage, she has already showed interest in you! A woman hardly respects a man who act as if his life is tied around her.

3) Imposing your personal policies on her: Again, you are not married to her. There is no need for you to impose your policies on her to accept. She has her own life to live and there is no signed certificate anywhere that she is your wife or she is going to be one in the nearest future. Even husbands are not suppose to impose policies on wives talk more of doing that at the dating stage!!! You might end up selling yourself out as an undesirable tyrant!!! wink

4) Taking the role of a husband financially: The dating period is not a time for you start catering for the financial responsibilities of a lady because you neither owe her any duty nor obligation to do that! It doesn't mean you should become mean as Caliban! You should show generosity to the one you are dating but don't make it seem as if you running to get to the finish line and at the same time, trying to carry somebody on your back all along. You sure know what that means wink It is difficult to stop when you have already started; it's better not to start what you cannot end. Never you use money to impress a woman you want to get serious with; instead, let her see the work or essence of the money in your life...then, she would'nt think of 'money' you'd have to spend but the 'success' you have been able to achieve. Don't forget, women love successful men and they are loyal to them and not just a money spender!!!

Good evening everyone wink

Written by Kelvin Ukachukwu (Rapmoney)
Vice versa
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rapmoney:
Thanks sis...but my pastor said I should avoid lap-dancers! grin

My friend, forget ya pastor and enjoy yasef. More lap-dancers for Rapmoney pls
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Life4Varnity: 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rapmoney:
Thanks sis...but my pastor said I should avoid lap-dancers! grin
better you don't let them give you lap dance. Na lap dance dem give my brother for one club for lekky. Naso 20k take waka. Lap dance of 2 minute o and we dey hungry fr house even before he left. End time lap dance could lead to another thing. Say no to anything in form of lap dance.

1 Like

Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by tete7000(m): 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2016
Be generous with a woman you intends to marry but let her know its your choice to do so and you can end it if needs arise. To women, a man stingy to you outside cannot be generous in the home. Generosity ought to be in the character of the man. A generous person gives irrespective of the situation. Love should spur a person to give.
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by macaranta(m): 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
ronald4lif:

You're not alone ..hehe
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by anochuko01(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rapmoney:

4) Taking the role of a husband financially: The dating period is not a time for you start catering for the financial responsibilities of a lady because you neither owe her any duty nor obligation to do that! It doesn't mean you should become mean as Caliban! You should show generosity to the one you are dating but don't make it seem as if you running to get to the finish line and at the same time, trying to carry somebody on your back all along. You sure know what that means wink It is difficult to stop when you have already started; it's better not to start what you cannot end. Never you use money to impress a woman you want to get serious with; instead, let her see the work or essence of the money in your life...then, she would'nt think of 'money' you'd have to spend but the 'success' you have been able to achieve. Don't forget, women love successful men and they are loyal to them and not just a money spender!!!

no4.....very good point. but a guy who can't give during dating might be stingy naturally...perhaps.
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by bughead: 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rapmoney:
It seems so many guys are so confused on dating to an extent where they erroneously equate it with marriage! Dating is just a period where two persons who find themselves attracted to each other try to know themselves better; it could even happen in a way where either one of them is not 'too interested' in the other person but as time goes on, good attitude, genuine love and care, coupled with clear understanding shown by either the guy or the lady could make both of them 'click' for good.

On a serious note, some guys can actually go the extra mile by portraying some unnecessary and irrelevant attitude that can cause them emotional pains in return cool

Below are some common misconceptions guys have about dating which is not supposed to be a 'do-or-die' affair!!!

1) Policing a girl: Dating period shouldn't be a time for you to police a girl as if you work for the FBI! When a girl agrees to date you, it means she has interest in you and would like to know you better. It is not a period to show your skills in detective operations and start snooping around her, trying to know her every whereabout...how she eats, who she talks to, who she calls or who calls her. You might just end up selling yourself out as a desperate and jobless fellow who has nothing serious to attend to in life! Give yourself some self-worth, Inspector Idemudia!!! angry

2) Exercising ownership over her: This is one big misconception that most guys have! Remember you have not paid a dime on her...so why exercise ownership? Isn't it funny that as soon as she agrees to date you, you want her to cut off every raport she has with everyone? You erroneously think that when you claim ownership, it gives you a strong ground in her life! Wrong! You could even trigger hatred. Allow her to study you and other admirers to see who has the desired traits! This is far from her playing 'hard to get' because at this stage, she has already showed interest in you! A woman hardly respects a man who act as if his life is tied around her.

3) Imposing your personal policies on her: Again, you are not married to her. There is no need for you to impose your policies on her to accept. She has her own life to live and there is no signed certificate anywhere that she is your wife or she is going to be one in the nearest future. Even husbands are not suppose to impose policies on wives talk more of doing that at the dating stage!!! You might end up selling yourself out as an undesirable tyrant!!! wink

piece of SHIIT!
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by enoch273: 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
This your topic only applies to 90% nigerian girls and the cheap whores who love jumping from d*ck to harry will take your side.

Above all, only number 4 makes sense as it's realistic and does not discriminate both genders.

PS: don't go opening a new monicker when things go south with you and bae and you decide to write a book of lamentations about how it all started.
Re: Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating by Pope22(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
No. 4 should be made known to girls.

Meanwhile, you didn't meantion se.x, is it also a misconception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Don't Find My Fiancee Attractive Anymore / Things You Should Stop Doing While You Are Still Single / Would You Accept Walk Dates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.