Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,785 members, 7,844,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring (734 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by ekoboy: 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2009
peeps, need opinionĀ  from your learned selfs. There is a girl am interested in, and intend proposing and meeting her people soon. So question is am i expected to give a ring as am proposing?
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by ekoboy: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2009
:-x
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by MissyB1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
For me, Yes . . . .It must!!
The ring is an emblem of commitment. Talk is very cheap, there has to be something substantial to give it value and an iota of trust.
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by sparta(f): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
yeah, makes you look more serious tongue
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
Well it musnt. But I guess it makes everything more formal and real. So get her a ring.
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by biola44: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2009
simple! wink
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by sweetpie23: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2009
what must it come with?
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
no, its all in the head. . . . . . . .
the ring is a token to show your commitment but if you are secure about yourself and your spouse dont need to go around showing it/bragging to everyone else then its all good.

there are many reasons why you could do without a ring(and even BIG wedding):
- save the cash to spend on a new home etc to get you started in marital life (you can even save on the honey moon destination if you are that strapped on cash)
- you dont believe in all this BS and just want to be married without all the circus BS
- its better to have no ring than one that she wouldnt like or doesnt fit
- if the marriage doesnt go through then you have no need to go and fight with the supposed future bride trying to get your ring back.
-
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by iice(f): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

no, its all in the head. . . . . . . .

Like many other things.

Personally no. Even though i love rocks. . .i can do without so long as we watch plenty movies grin
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2009
most women like having engagement rings to show their friends and associates. Maybe its an overseas thing sha.
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by jimoh2: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2009
it can come wth anything even sugercain
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
welcome to nairaland, jimoh2 undecided

Hope you're enjoying your stay so far. undecided

More posts, plz.
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by jimoh2: 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
thank you jare am enjoying it and who be you
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
jimoh2:

thank you jare am enjoying it and who be you

I'm tpia. a new member like yourself.
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by daduke2k(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
@jimoh, she is som1 u wuldnt lik 2 mit and besids mind ur biz around her
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by jimoh2: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2009
ok i like your name tilapia hahaha! good to meet you. send ur ymail we can chat proper
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
daduke2k:

@jimoh, she is som1 u wuldnt lik 2 mit and besids mind ur biz around her

thanks for the amebo. he didnt know any of this until you kindly intervened.

jimoh2:

ok i like your name tilapia hahaha! good to meet you. send ur ymail we can chat proper

that's the spirit!

No need for faking.

why chose jimoh btw. You want to pretend you're Muslim now? like sherifatou?
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by jimoh2: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
ok no long thing
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by spikedcylinder: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2009
An onion ring is just as cool. Seriously o. grin
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by jimoh2: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
spokecylinder can you explain?
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Hauwa1: 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2009
YES

dont come near me with nothing undecided
Re: Must Marriage Proposal Come With A Ring by Lita(f): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2009
not for me. i see it as a bit of weird relic when women (British) were chattels. but do what you wanna do.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Really Necessary To Play The Hard To Get Game? (girls Only) / I Need A Break! / Cb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.