Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. (19078 Views)

"Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man / Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by youngprof8787: 1:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
I intend to b a lecturer... and very soon I will come up with my own 7 ways Nigerian students frustrate lecturers!..u think it is easy to b a lecturer.
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by MightySparrow: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Frustrates lecturers frustrate their students simple
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
I once had a lecturer(in 100L) who said that one would never get an A in his course.

I did not pay him attention, just buckled down and worked hard....and passed his course with an A.
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Stanbeto: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
Haha i think say na only me notice am o
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
U need to ask me how frustrating it is aand I will sit u down 4 hours and explain. Oloriburuku ni awon kan ninu won. I sha tank God sha
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by missjahiniekpe(f): 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
I'm an aspirant though, I want to ask,
is this in every school?
can one take the risk of not sorting lecturers and still pass?
can nothing be done to stop this corrupt practice?
have student still survived it?
A friend was telling me about the sorting stuff and I felt very uncomfortable, what if you don't have the money?

It depends on the individual, my parents were only able to afford my school fees and nothing else, so sorting was not in my agenda. I graduated with a second class upper without sorting any lecturer, it didn't Just happen by chance , but by the grace of God, hardwork, dedication , etc. Surely you can graduate without sorting.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by isaacgravity(m): 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

Register/Create account @ http://Www.isaaccheapsms.tk and Buy Bulk Sms Units And Send Messages @ a Very Cheaper Rate to qualify for the PROMO coming up soon STRICTLY for Registered Members
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
henrydadon:
this guy was trying so hard to come up with big grammar but he failed woefully grin grin
spotted on..thank you for your sarcasm..
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by ojuu4u(m): 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=LaRochelle post=43851576]Throughout my four years in a department in the premier university, none of these ever occurred. It's usually unbelievable shocked when people say stuff like the OP.

PS: Who else has noticed that Nairalanders now hide under the pretext of "I didn't proofread" or "I don't know English well" or something similar to dish out posts that can be said to be written by a junior primary school child, who hasn't been taught punctuation marks and whose vocabulary is severely limited

Thank you sir, someone that claimed that lecturers frustrate him i think such student will be above board and must able to write correct grammar . Though with experiences i had in university, i concurred with what he said BUT 80% of what he said, caused by students themself. Many of the so-called students dnt knw ANYTHING. I MEAN ANYTHING. Yet they want to pass. This makes them to be at tight coners, if u are brilliant, and u know ur right couple with ur humility. No lecturer wil fail you
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by AngelJennifer: 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
is this in every school?
A friend was telling me about the sorting stuff and I felt very uncomfortable, what if you don't have the money?

Yes you can graduate successfully without sorting, just attend your classes properly, if possible buy all textbooks, study and write well, then pray to God about it. Even if the lecturer is a devil he will still pass you. Speaking with experience.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
LaRochelle:
Throughout my four years in a department in the premier university, none of these ever occurred. It's usually unbelievable shocked when people say stuff like the OP.

PS: Who else has noticed that Nairalanders now hide under the pretext of "I didn't proofread" or "I don't know English well" or something similar to dish out posts that can be said to be written by a junior primary school child, who hasn't been taught punctuation marks and whose vocabulary is severely limited undecided? The OP is a supposed university student, and cannot even construct a pleasing-to-the-eye article? SMH.
obviously milady,no one is fully perfect in ramification..even some well known authors of books makes vocabularies and diction mistakes..i didn't really do a thorough scrutiny,before posting..i can't really make such catastrophic and immense error,when it is official..anyway,thanks for your criticism.
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by smileysmiley(f): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
is this in every school?
it depends on the school, faculty and department... I studied in unilag and came out with a 2:1 without any trash talk from any lecturer

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Humulity: 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
Most of them are just bluffing. had lot's of them during my time, but only encountered them in year one. Had to read and still find a way around it. No money to buy handout not to talk of sorting.

I made sure I don't miss lectures (signs the attendance shit) do all the quiz and assignment and made sure I attempt three questions to the best of my ability. The once who insist we pass assignment directly to them with a copy of their text book. I deviced a way of coming over it (I collect a friends textbook - without name written- carefully tore of the front page, make a clean photocopy of it and write my name on the photocopied page and carefully paste it on the book. Go pass my assignment looking as innocent as ever)

From second year no such boasting. For third year one senior lecturer dey boast but him never fail any person that did not sort. Both guys and babes we no write anyt thing dey fail o/
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by orobs93(m): 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
is this in every school?

My dear you have know worries

Read yoour books wen you are very sure of your performance you can simply demand for the remarking of your script if you believe you were underscored

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by cartoonday(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lmao!! True yarn...... Hapi cakeday 2 u!!!

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by shepherd77: 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
LaRochelle:
Throughout my four years in a department in the premier university, none of these ever occurred. It's usually unbelievable shocked when people say stuff like the OP.

PS: Who else has noticed that Nairalanders now hide under the pretext of "I didn't proofread" or "I don't know English well" or something similar to dish out posts that can be said to be written by a junior primary school child, who hasn't been taught punctuation marks and whose vocabulary is severely limited undecided? The OP is a supposed university student, and cannot even construct a pleasing-to-the-eye article? SMH.

Tell them. In U.I, through out my 5 years, I didn't witness such.
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by oc2fish: 4:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
My lecturers were not like that and as a lecturer i will never do such.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Oche211(m): 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
sholikay:
i dey tell u bro..that is too sardonic..it really shows they are incompetent in their lecturing duty.
true talk. so many of our lecturers are incompetent and lazy coupled with the fact that majority of them are sadists.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by lobiologs(m): 5:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
OP.... this should be for students in government schools not private.
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
@ least no be C dem giv u. My lecturer dey ready 2 nack d whole class C, only crs rep go get AB or B.
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
lobiologs:
perhaps so.but i'm quite intuitive,some of the characters are being exhibited by some lecturers in some privately owned institution..
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by cheriey(f): 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
LaRochelle:

Calm down guy, english nor be by force. The most important thing is understanding, n I'm sure u understood the post.pls wia is premier uni sef?

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by lukency(m): 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
sholikay:
(please dont really castigate me with the way i composed my english.because i believed we have some eagle eye peeps here,that will scrutinize out my errors.lol)
conspicuously,i'm not generalizing here.but majority of our lecturers, in higher institution are so lackadaisical,sarcastic and so corrupt.despite the way most student try to study hard,so as to excel immensely.
i'm so sure many people here,that is still in school or perhaps graduated,can really affirm this.without further ado.the things i so dislike about some of them are;

1.boasting to their student,that they cant score a certain high mark,in their course.(chai!.like make i break bottle for engr babalola head,when him dey yarn us like this..why i come dey attend class then?.mtchew!).

2.if you dont buy my handout or textbook,you have automatically failed my course..(chai!.mogbe.me wey be say na 001 level i dey take chop.okay now).

3. if you dont pay me a certain amount of money(bribe), i wont score you well. (your fada!.after i don read sotay,i promise myself say even advert or signboard,i no go read am when we don finish exam.) Nigerian lecturers are noting but copy nd paste marchants

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by LaRochelle(f): 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
cheriey:

Calm down guy, english nor be by force. The most important thing is understanding, n I'm sure u understood the post.pls wia is premier uni sef?

Hi. I'm a female. The premier university is the University of Ibadan. Do you need me to give you step by step directions on how to get there?
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by ifeomaekol(f): 3:38am On Mar 18, 2016
So true, sm ll tell u dt d A is for them thus no mata hw u read u cnt get an A. 5 n 6 vry, vry true. Used to think those who graduated frm the university n came bck home jubilating afta dia finals bck then wia jux tryn to show off(always wondered y my brothers ll shout n act like they won a lottery) till I entered sch, dt was wen I knew dt graduating frm sch without any issues @ all-,,,,,,,no be beans. God bless every students hustle. Bt the best way to pass thru sch is to avoid such lecturers, cos we still hv very good ones. Read ur books, do ur CAs, n attend class n prayyyyy, bck ur prayer up wt hardwork u see urself coming out to without stress. Sometimes students cause dia woes too.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by ifeomaekol(f): 3:42am On Mar 18, 2016
lobiologs:
yes o, u r correct n fed schs too. Dnt think such things happen in d private universites.
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by seanwilliam(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2016
sholikay:
yes ke..na my baiday ooo..na ajebuta dey call am "birthday." lol
u dey yab ursef curse u tink it's funny

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laspotech School Fees 2018/2019 And Laspotech Acceptance Fee / Ola-Gbadamosi Ridwan Oladotun, LASU Best Graduating Student Speaks / Download Research Project Topics & Materials Here Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.