Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,003 members, 7,956,719 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened (3268 Views)

Man Pays For Hotel Room For A Lady In Lagos. She Refuses Sex & This Happened / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left / Pregnant Nigerian Girl Abandoned By Babydaddy Shows Off Her Baby Bump (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by jennyswt(f): 11:11am On Mar 17, 2016
Good day all. I've always read good stories about the wonders of shea butter especially in fading stretch marks. So I decided to try it out on my thighs n butt. (NB:I only have a few lines of stretch marks on my thighs. I guess I just wanted it to b flawless). So I researched about it n only found positive tales and testimonies from people. I didn't see no side effect or allergy o. In fact, I wouldn't have believed if someone tells me it can have side effect cos of the way people praised it. So I abandoned my cream and commenced using shea butter last yr Dec. After about 3wks,i broke out in hives. Very itchy. I ran to the hospital immediately cos I don't joke with my health and the doctor initially thought it was an infection. After the test he found out it was an allergy. He prescribed loratadine. I still have the hives after taking it. I now bought benadryl ( an OTC drug). I can't deny the fact that there were some positive changes anyway but I can still see those ugly scars from the hive and it itches too. I don't know if anyone have experienced a similar allergic reaction due to shea butter, pls should tel me how you cured yours completely because I'm really uncomfortable with the itches and it's very embarrassing.
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Cutehector(m): 11:15am On Mar 17, 2016
Befor and after pic pls

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 17, 2016
^^^^^^
Ode cheesy
But how is this a romantic Topic? Move to health please!
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by jennyswt(f): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2016
Cutehector:
Befor and after pic pls

Is that necessary?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by jennyswt(f): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2016
Fabulocity:
^^^^^^ Ode cheesy But how is this a romantic Topic? Move to health please!
If you can't procure a solution to it, why don't you disappear from my thread?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Nova15: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2016
jennyswt:

She's right u knw, you'd get reasonable comment in the health section. Not here
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by dastudent(m): 11:57am On Mar 17, 2016
jennyswt:
Good day all. I've always read good stories about the wonders of shea butter especially in fading stretch marks. So I decided to try it out on my thighs n butt. (NB:I only have a few lines of stretch marks on my thighs. I guess I just wanted it to b flawless). So I researched about it n only found positive tales and testimonies from people. I didn't see no side effect or allergy o. In fact, I wouldn't have believed if someone tells me it can have side effect cos of the way people praised it. So I abandoned my cream and commenced using shea butter last yr Dec. After about 3wks,i broke out in hives. Very itchy. I ran to the hospital immediately cos I don't joke with my health and the doctor initially thought it was an infection. After the test he found out it was an allergy. He prescribed loratadine. I still have the hives after taking it. I now bought benadryl ( an OTC drug). I can't deny the fact that there were some positive changes anyway but I can still see those ugly scars from the hive and it itches too. I don't know if anyone have experienced a similar allergic reaction due to shea butter, pls should tel me how you cured yours completely because I'm really uncomfortable with the itches and it's very embarrassing.

I have the same challenge right now.
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Cutehector(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
jennyswt:

Is that necessary?
yes. To ascertain d proximity of ur case and to profer dosage cool
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sorry bout ur itches. Sometimes,it isn't all too advisable to use purely unrefined products directly on the skin. I was using 100% virgin coconut oil and it was making me dark. Had to discontinue usage immediately and went back to my lotion.
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
Baby girl calm down undecided
Incase you thought I was calling you an ode, it wasn't you. It was the fella above me
And this thread should have been opened in the health section.
You'll get more matured and useful replies there.
Not romance.
jennyswt:

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
If what you are using is steroid based, it will help with the darkening of the affected area too.
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by royal231(m): 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
you need a steroid cream for the itches .. as for the spots you can use eucerin cream.. dont know if its availaible in Nigeria... it happened to me all over my body cos i used it all over.... but within 3 weeks people were admiring my skin.. try this and dont worry.. withz time those dark spots will peel off
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oliviaarims:
Sorry bout ur itches. Sometimes,it isn't all too advisable to use purely unrefined products directly on the skin. I was using 100% virgin coconut oil and it was making me dark. Had to discontinue usage immediately and went back to my lotion.
Welcome back baby,hope ur exams went well,nice dp!
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Welcome back baby,hope ur exams went well,nice dp!

Thanks...Exams went well.cheesy
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by lepasharon(f): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
Shea butter is overrated and it doesn't cure stretchmarks. There is no cure for stretchmarks, don't let anyone lie to you.
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by Benbisco(f): 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
lepasharon:
Shea butter is overrated and it doesn't cure stretchmarks. There is no cure for stretchmarks, don't let anyone lie to you.

Really? I have always held it( shea butter) in high esteem. I was applied it to an infected area on my body because I did not have access to any antifungal cream and it worked fine.

Is there a possibility that the one she got is adulterated?

(1) (Reply)

My Sexcapedes / Some Girls Are So Dirty! Gush / Is It Wrong If I Ask A Guy Out???? (advice Please ).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.