Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? (21465 Views)

Is Betting Changing The Fortune Of Nigerians? / Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss / Betting Online Is Betting Smart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Hawlahscho(m): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2016
My signature says it all.

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by zicobaba(m): 10:12am On Mar 18, 2016
Winasbet is broke. All their shops had been locked up. Their manager arrested. They are unable to pay customers
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by leksy07(m): 10:36am On Mar 18, 2016
Lattop:
I will stop (football betting) when Jesus Comesgrin

guy u funny oo,, so till jesus com b4 u repent
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2016
gbens2000:
i think one should just put moderation to it and not put all hope and livelihood on betting,but whichever way u look at it.it doesn't really sound ryt.but I must say u are

Soo pwety.

smiley thanks
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by donhils: 10:46am On Mar 18, 2016
Marlvin:

just one question, why do you bet/stake ?
To get some extra cash. But then if that's what it means to hasten to get rich, pretty much everything is. Doing business, running a profitable organization, just about anything that adds extra cash to you.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gbens2000(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

smiley thanks
uwlcm
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by donhils: 10:48am On Mar 18, 2016
zicobaba:
Winasbet is broke. All their shops had been locked up. Their manager arrested. They are unable to pay customers
Bet9ja is not broke, Nairabet is not broke either.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by ayusco85(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

I didn't bet online.
I bet with two ppl locally, N2500 each making total of 5000 cool
That's not betting na. I tot u meant nairabet and bet9ja dem.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nasa28(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2016
If betting is bad, it means Forex trading is also bad cos they're the same
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by jamex93(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
gbens2000:
i no get sha but I fit they give 20to 40odds games every week,which u can still edit yourself

God bless u, here is my number

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by shearer1982(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
gift01:
How many people do you see or have heard of that makes a living from betting apart from the bet companies?
That answers your question

The house always win.!
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by jamex93(m): 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
send your number, we drop our tips, we argue about it before we all agree to submit our conclusion.

tanx
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Doncharis(m): 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
For me any hustle nah hustle so far no blood is spilled cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Abidayo(m): 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dt guy no lie
tuna4servi:
My colleagues said it is salary assistance.

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by jagorinho: 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
i think online betting is cool, u dont have to attract unwanted attention to yourself, nigeria is a country full of hypocrites, u can spend Money gained from bet but u cant stand d sight of a bet slip!!! there was ds girl that saw a bet slip with me and was shouting dat i need to see her pastor to cast out d bet demon in me , i was just laughing like a kid tickled in the armpits, i asked her dat is there a demon in charge of betting? she said yes, and i told her dat she better be grateful to that demon because betting has been d major source of my income in recent months of this bleak economy.

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by profmallory(m): 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
So is coke.. To me any think that you no have control over but has now taken over you is bad

SeverusSnape:
It's addictive, That's why it's bad.

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Mindfido(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Seriously, what's so bad or immoral about betting?
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

so I really want to know why its bad.

This article throws more light.http://mindfido.com/2016/02/25/why-you-should-pay-your-tithes-from-sport-or-lotto-winnings/
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gudluckgreat(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
malcomvee:

Oga you just made my night with this post... I swear.. You deserve orijin

I am loyal bro grin
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gudluckgreat(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
2dice:
Goon humans know the Good and Evil
But we have to please the flesh..

Na u sabi undecided
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:34am On Mar 19, 2016
jamex93:

tanx
I have added you

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by charlsecy(m): 1:44am On Mar 19, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
Proverbs 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.
How do these quotations apply to the discussion?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by breakingbad(m): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Vig86:
It makes you poor, and anything that makes you poor is bad. Apart from that...carry on!

Every single day you breath you must eat... Eating makes you spend money... The more you spend the poorer you become... Therefore breathing makes you poor... Therefore breathing is bad according to your logic... #stopbreathing
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 20, 2016
breakingbad:

Every single day you breath you must eat... Eating makes you spend money... The more you spend the poorer you become... Therefore breathing makes you poor... Therefore breathing is bad according to your logic... #stopbreathing
Wow, you just compared breathing with gambling. You won the argument.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by dj5naira(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2016
You tell me.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by sevantex(m): 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
It can be addictive and therein the problem lies. Caution is needed which takes serious discipline.
Greed is one of the major cause of its addiction as u wanna win 10million esp wen u first win sumtin.
God help naija
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by iamrealdeji(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2016
gift01:
How many people do you see or have heard of that makes a living from betting apart from the bet companies?
That answers your question
Come to Ilorin,there's a guy that built a house,bought a car and takes care of his family with gambling
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by iamrealdeji(m): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Seriously, what's so bad or immoral about betting?
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

so I really want to know why its bad.

Sexy,gorgeous,angelic Angelina ,its been a while. 
Well,to the matter. I see nothing wrong about betting. There is this alfa that bets often and still has a cyber cafe,i know some pastors somewhere bet too. 
At least sport betting in Nigeria today has reduced the level of crime in the country. Some guys would have been robbers,but see their fellow guys make lots of money from betting and instead go to bet shops to make money,possibly multiple turns of what they would make from robbery, I heard yahoo boys are quitting yahoo for sport betting . So,i see nothing wrong about it. Suffering is all over the country,some guys that wouldn't think of betting 5 years ago are now into it cos they would rather bet than become criminals,even I know enough church goers,as in real SU guys that are into sport betting.
I know a very comfortable lawyer that bets often,you would see the man in suit but if you search his pocket,its always full of betting tickets,family men are using sport betting to pay their children's school fees and takke care of essential responsibilities.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by JohnieWalker(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
I have added you
pls add me 081
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by drmikeadams(m): 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
siegfried99:

Igbobian is here grin
grin angry grin..bad guy ..u sef don reach here
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by chiamaka2016(m): 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
donhils:

Bet9ja is not broke, Nairabet is not broke either.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by chiamaka2016(m): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
zicobaba:
hmmm! Winasbet broke?, I guess this is why it is taking them nearly two months to pay my N900,000 since the 31st of January which I won via online betting. So far they only managed to pay N400,000 and since 4th March, no other payment has been made. Was making arrangements to storm their Lagos head office before reading this post here, though I'll however make my own arrest if the manager is released already in an attempt to get my money paid in full.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Saudi League Is Better Than MLS". / Profile Of Tunde Onakoya, Chess In Slums Founder / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.