Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? (21492 Views)

Is Betting Changing The Fortune Of Nigerians? / Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss / Betting Online Is Betting Smart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
I laugh when people criticize Gambling whereas
its done by virtually all of us.
What is gambling? When You put down your
money to buy a "chance" so as to get more
money thats gamble. Now bring this to reality.
When you subscribe with MTN card to attend
"who wants to be a millionaire" game show. Are
u not buying a chance?

When MTN says send text for 100naira and u
stand a chance to win a House worth 15m, are
you not buying a chance?

Also, when you sign a raffle ticket from a church
promo to win a bike or generator or cell phone.
What are you doing? No be Gamble be that eh
omo pastor? Loool
#Enyia biko gbawa door :-P

#The damage comes when it becomes a Habit#

14 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by perfectcato(m): 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
I go stop am only wen whiteman say him no dey do again come carry betting go back him country
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Jethrolite(m): 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:
It's addictive, That's why it's bad.
Coca-Cola is also addictive, everyone on earth will surely go to hell based on your analogy.

3 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Hackportal(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
Northing like Betting... Once am with my Bet Ticket i have Alot of hope. I survive with
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by viktor88: 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2016
i won 2.5 million from betting, my life have changed since then, now i bet safe n stake big

4 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2dice(m): 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
gudluckgreat:

There you go again..

A woman saw her husband's laptop was dirty..she took it and washed it...she meant well and according to your ideology she didn't need to ask questions...
U don't just gather all you feel you know and term it reality... You must ask questions
Goon humans know the Good and Evil
But we have to please the flesh..
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by tuna4servi(m): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
My colleagues said it is salary assistance.

2 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by sourcebaba: 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
gift01:
How many people do you see or have heard of that makes a living from betting apart from the bet companies?
That answers your question
dose d bet company run on its own.....or, where u come from alians runs d betting companies....my friend people owns d company in other words they make a living from it.....just so u know it is not thesame as Gambling better still call it Youth enpowerment grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nazacent: 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Same meaning but different words.
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
Proverbs 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

God does not support it.
wow! That wonderful book called the BIBLE, always have answers to every questions and doubts of life.

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by jamex93(m): 10:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
Abeg who get any better betting group

I need join

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2sexycom(m): 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Seriously, what's so bad or immoral about betting?
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

so I really want to know why its bad.

You are something else. Been watching you for long. You seem to have an instinct for making money by yourself. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by COLDMIND(m): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
All d people saying it's bad, Na una go accompany una younger ones go collect money when him chop 36 million.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by sadissbala(m): 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
drmikeadams:
?.any games today?
one of the biggest sin in Islam. In fact it's act of Haram
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Alezy(m): 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:
And if someone can cope with the addiction? ?

its just like a trader or owner of a shop, u always go there to make sales for potential profit for the day. Will u call that addiction too??
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Hillarie(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ati betting, ati gambling, to me, it isn't bad.. I don't know why it's being painted so too.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Holyfield1(m): 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Seriously, what's so bad or immoral about betting?
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

so I really want to know why its bad.

Abeg,Lets discuss business, How much did you stake with?#100?...And was it only Barca and Arsenal you chose to have won a whooping 5k?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Alezy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
Proverbs 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

God does not support it.
So if someone in his mid twenties or thirty plays a game probably with a thousand bucks expecting to get like 15k it's haste to be rich??
how about traders that buys at 100 naira and sells at 200 naira?? what will u call that??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2tek: 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Gambling is bad but sports investment (PUNTING) is SUPER LOVELY. with sports investment, no greed, no emotions, no get-rich quick mentality but STRICT/MATURE business mindset.A gambler wants to make 1million betting with #100 but a sports investor uses a tested, working and trusted strategy to make constant and assured minimal income. Sports betting is a goldmine if u know ur way around it and it can make u go bankrupt,if u are greedy. it's better to win 2-3k with #1000 STEADILY than trying to win 10million with #100. click like if u know what i mean.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by tuzle(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:

its not.
it is very bad, i am a victim or i am still a victim trying to find my way out. The money am supposed to use on myself, i just wasted it on nairabet. Infact i think betting is an evil spirit dat once u are infested u need divine intervention from God. I will never advice my friend or even my enemy to go into betting of any form. it is bad
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Cyrus77(m): 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
It can a give sense of satisfaction that kills creativity.like winning a ps4 match and feeling the euphoria which is virtual. Imagine if dangote got satisfaction from gambling instead of investing...

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Johnny19: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
MATTHEW 6:33 says it all
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by tolustx(m): 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Couldn't ve agreed more.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Alezy(m): 11:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
I laugh when people criticize Gambling whereas
its done by virtually all of us.
What is gambling? When You put down your
money to buy a "chance" so as to get more
money thats gamble. Now bring this to reality.
When you subscribe with MTN card to attend
"who wants to be a millionaire" game show. Are
u not buying a chance?

When MTN says send text for 100naira and u
stand a chance to win a House worth 15m, are
you not buying a chance?

Also, when you sign a raffle ticket from a church
promo to win a bike or generator or cell phone.
What are you doing? No be Gamble be that eh
omo pastor? Loool
#Enyia biko gbawa door :-P

#The damage comes when it becomes a Habit#
Yea. ..habit is always the problem. plus whatever takes the place of God in ur life is considered wrong doing, in other words, the only habit we should have is the habit of communion with God.

But then a trader and business men that a committed to their various jobs or business becomes wrong doing to God also because ur job always end up becoming ur habit.

So you see we where created by God just to leave his purpose/Will. when it's his will, u will play and win with ur first try. This Is where lot of people fail, u become a musician because u hear they make money forgetting it might not be God's will for u. U end up singing trash that even ur wife/husband won't buy and den u blame God.

The bottom line is we should always follow the will of God for our lives.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Alezy(m): 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
gudluckgreat:

See how you misquoted the Bible? Who gave you the ideology that betting is making haste to be rich? This shows u don't even have deeper understanding of the principles of betting..you are just concluding with the pattern of playing of people who abuse betting principles
people turn the bible to their favour all the time.

I gave him a reply already doe

2 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Saxb83: 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
not bad jare
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Realist2: 12:02am On Mar 18, 2016
Read the Book of Psalms 15:1-5, says who shall abide in the Tabernacle(Heaven ) of th LORD,it say he who does not put out his Money at USURY.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by malcomvee: 12:08am On Mar 18, 2016
gudluckgreat:

There you go again..

A woman saw her husband's laptop was dirty..she took it and washed it...she meant well and according to your ideology she didn't need to ask questions...
U don't just gather all you feel you know and term it reality... You must ask questions

Oga you just made my night with this post... I swear.. You deserve orijin

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by noblegrex: 12:10am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

its not.
its not if you've got a strong spirit of resistense,else its very addictive just like narcotics.which made it very bad cos some peeps might go extra mile to get the money to bet and might want to also go miles or do anything to win.which also made it bad.although I've been a winner of 20k with just #300 before anyways but I've not played it for months now and its not as if I'm mad about..
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by EazyMoh(m): 12:16am On Mar 18, 2016
Let me know if you are interested in the Islamic perspective. Betting a form of gambling is strictly forbidden in Islam, talk about blatant Haram.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Pitakwa123(m): 12:37am On Mar 18, 2016
The bible does not spell out betting as sin.
In my opinion, if done in moderation, its ok but if not, then its sin.

Blessed is the man who does not condemns himself in what he approves.-Romans 14:22

So make your decision before someone pushes you into calling what you love sin

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 18, 2016
Sunnycliff:

God does not support it.
so lottery is bad too
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Revolva(m): 12:52am On Mar 18, 2016
gamble ur way now in nigeria where there is no hope for the future so youths are now in every betting palous whether sport betting or baba ijebu own ...gambling oo...men its a new way to hustle... grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Giroud Wins 2018/19 Europa League Top Scorer / Odion Ighalo Visits Philip Shaibu In Edo, Presents His Orphanage To Him / FC Barcelona Unveil Philippe Coutinho, Says He Has Thigh Injury (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.