Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? (21493 Views)

Is Betting Changing The Fortune Of Nigerians? / Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss / Betting Online Is Betting Smart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Orangina(m): 7:50am On Mar 18, 2016
for some persons betting keeps them moving !
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by silversonuc(m): 7:50am On Mar 18, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Same meaning but different words.
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
Proverbs 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

God does not support it.
am i d only one who cnt relate diz verses with betting? Come on man pipo who bet invest dia mney too. Am nt in support either
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2dice(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2016
Bonapart:
may God increase your wisdom more
amen and urs too sir grin
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2dice(m): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2016
MrsPhyno:
This is true. The inborn sense of morality.....
Deep grin
grin cheesy
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by qiubee(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2016
mirabel001:
it's a sin coz it might destroy ur life if care is nt taken
we re born sinners
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Marlvin(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2016
You won that amount of Money with a single game ? what er the odds , how much did you stake ? or just another fabricated lies to back up your assertion ?

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by grandstar(m): 8:11am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Seriously, what's so bad or immoral about betting?
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

so I really want to know why its bad.

For you to win, someone has to lose

It also fuels greed and the love of money

Las Vegas, the gambling capital of America has some of the highest crime rates there
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by smudge2079(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2016
Do whatever is right by you. Let ur conscience be the Judge, Decisions are Just Decisions, there are no right or wrong one.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Marlvin(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2016
silversonuc:

am i d only one who cnt relate diz verses with betting? Come on man pipo who bet invest dia mney too. Am nt in support either

Then perhaps you have to ask for 'scriptural understanding' from the Creator.

the key word there is 'he that maketh haste to be rich ' which is all abouh the bet concept.

and hey Am not innocent, I stake too.

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by donhils: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2016
If betting is the only sin that anybody commits, then he/she is not really a sinner.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by donhils: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
Marlvin:

Then perhaps you have to ask for 'scriptural understanding' from the Creator.

the key word there is 'he that maketh haste to be rich ' which is all abouh the bet concept.

and hey Am not innocent, I stake too.

What is your definition of being rich? If one stakes 1k to win 5k? Does that qualify as making haste to be rich? If u win 100k, does that make u rich?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by sozie(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2016
grandstar:
For you to win, someone has to lose

It also fuels greed and the love of money

Las Vegas, the gambling capital of America has some of the highest crime rates there
for you to win sum1 else must lose!? Dat means u have no idea what this is..when you win nobody looses oh...
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Marlvin(m): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2016
donhils:

What is your definition of being rich? If one stakes 1k to win 5k? Does that qualify as making haste to be rich? If u win 100k, does that make u rich?

just one question, why do you bet/stake ?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Is that really you @ profile pic? If yes,nope betting isn't bad. How about I place a bet that this cutie on ur profile pic isn't eroticangelina :-)what's the odd? Lol.

why do I need to bet on my picture kwa undecided

no thanks. believe or not.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by fxstory(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

what makes it bad?
bad in the sense that you end up being addicted to it and here are the aftermath.

You might start stealing cash to stake bet which means you are deprieving people their happiness which affects people around them too.

you may borrow cash to stake bet which might deprieve those around you their happiness too

salary for the month might end up in betting within a week, no food for house that month, pikin no go go school,

you might end up selling your property to stake bet.very bad

you might lie to your perents that you need cash for some thing important but end up staking bet with it

you may end up making enemies from those who borrowed you money

you might end up using money meant for cooking a pot of soup for 7days to stake bet, leaving family members in hunger

you might end up packing to the village to avoid those who borrowed you money and that is bad

you might end up beating your child, brother, mother, father, wife, husband due to the money lost in betting, transferring aggression to innocent people around you, that is bad.

You might develop IBP due to the shock when you lose a bet

Betting is meant for fun, stake what you can only afford to lose to reduce stress and IBP

you might use the money meant for school fee to stake bet, leaving your parents worried and looking for cash. If you are a female, you might engage in prostitution or sleepping around to raise the cash for the school fee, for a male, you might end up stealing your friends property or else where to raise cash.

Lots of student have with held their school due to the using their school fee to stake bet.

betting is bad when the effect causes pains to another individual around you
. It has multiplier effect so don't think it only affect you when you used cash you steal, borrowed, cunning moves, etc to get

the least is endless, so use your tongue to count your teeth because you might get burnt if you get addicted to it especially if you stake online or offline shop. But if you just did it out of fun with friends or neighbor around which is once in a while, then it won't be addictive and causes harm to you in the long run as long as you used the money your earned not by cruck or cunning move.

5 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2016
ayusco85:

How much u stake wey u take win 5000 for one game?
I smell lies grin
I didn't bet online.
I bet with two ppl locally, N2500 each making total of 5000 cool
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 18, 2016
Its smhow good when u r the one winning
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2016
Mike008:

Lemme get your tips please. BTW are you female?

tips? I'm nt an expert o. buh wat I can tell u is.. don't bet with too much money so dat if u loose, it Wont pain u.

yeah I'm a female. is it only males that bet?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Engineermbugame(m): 9:06am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

did u ever calculate hw much u lost?

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gbens2000(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2016
Imyourex:

Omo Thunder go fire Lazio O! game wey don dey set from Wednesday e cum spoil am and I gave dem 2 goals down o Chai!!!
bro na me cry pass,I bin put Dortmund x2'i no know the kind ogbaje wey minister to me,na so I commot am cum go put that bastard lazio.e be like sey them fix that March. angry

3 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gbens2000(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2016
jamex93:
Abeg who get any better betting group

I need join
i no get sha but I fit they give 20to 40odds games every week,which u can still edit yourself

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gbens2000(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

i think one should just put moderation to it and not put all hope and livelihood on betting,but whichever way u look at it.it doesn't really sound ryt.but I must say u are

Soo pwety.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by menxer: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2016
Betting or gambling is good or bad to the extent you win or lose money, the addiction part is left for you to decide how addicted you want to be to it.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Ay04z(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

if u bet for fun it cool, for example staking amount DAT u wount ever regret wen d bet lost which happen in most cases... note:betting is fun, but if we rely on it as our source of income or earning without planning to work with our brain and d gifted hands and legs DAT d lord gave us.....DAT person tend to wreck beyond repair in the future......u can add me on WhatsApp if u can forecast very well.we can work something out Di's weekend...

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by iykepromotions: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2016
gift01:
How many people do you see or have heard of that makes a living from betting apart from the bet companies?
That answers your question
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Mike008(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

Not that. Am a guy, and I bet I know football more than you do. I watch, I know the teams, the stats, records and stuff. Yet am an expert in loosing. Av never won even 1k.

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Udochee(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2016
once you start it will take the grace of GOD & prayers of your mum for you to stop..I jus hate anything that involves betting/gambling
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by hemmaoshos(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2016
Betting is fun but when you get addicted it becomes bad like your weed, tramadol, which ought to be vital for medical reason but people abuse it...Lastly, instead of me using my money to watch match or drink excess bottle of beer I stake it on good odds in return of my multiply. All are risk and good and bad investment..
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by agakeem: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=Sunnycliff post=43866776] Same meaning but different words.
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
Proverbs 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

God does not support it.[/quote

What haste is more than that of someone who rush to office by 5:30am everyday?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by ebuka10box(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2016
Gambling is not bad but becomes bad when you got 1grand as ur last box and wanna spend it all on betting. It becomes bad when you get addicted to it. But dice,konami and whot are all bad ohhhh. Stick to online betting. If any tells u online betting sucks, ask him/her to find you some rubbers,Dey won't xo stick to it...... Abeg who get virtual football cheat for bet9ja here
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Engineermbugame(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2016
Just yesterday 1 of my guy call me for phone, he is coming to my house.quess wot he ask ?i should borrow him 1000. My mind i knw he wan use am bet.he get betting group on wasapp.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by joshuamoses101(m): 9:55am On Mar 18, 2016
EroticAngelina:

tips? I'm nt an expert o. buh wat I can tell u is.. don't bet with too much money so dat if u loose, it Wont pain u.

yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Visits Philip Shaibu In Edo, Presents His Orphanage To Him / FC Barcelona Unveil Philippe Coutinho, Says He Has Thigh Injury (PICS) / Paul Olumide Kehinde Banned For 30 Months For Anti-Doping Rule Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.