Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari (34819 Views)

Tiv And Fulani Crisis: A Personal Expedition (Photos) / Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain / Buhari: Boko Haram War, Anti Corruption War And The "Economic Crisis" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by sunkieisland(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nigerians are so quick at bashing and cursing her leaders.

How will their head be correct to make the right decisions...

Remember

#YouhaveWhatyouSay
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Kay17: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
247notire:
Borrowing is not bad in itself but to what end and what are the repayment terms? Now look at that 2016 budget, how much was allocated to education? To science and technology? To agriculture? Be honest with itself.

Yes oil prices were high in 2006 my mistake I mixed it up but look at it right there, 2003 oil was generally below $25 per barrel and were we sinking the way we are now? Of course not! As I said earlier on, a leader should have integrity and accountability cos those are the the 2 most important attributes a leader should possess. Buhari doesn't possess either does he?

To invest significantly in education, science and technology will involve greater debts. Would you praise him for more debts in times of hardship?

Buhari has set his sights on corruption. And the revelations in recent times are not surprising but shocking. No wonder the government can not function effectively. If you don't want to feel the pains from an economic meltdown, then query the past leaders for the lack of sustainable reserves.

Reserves we ought to use in these pressing times.
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Easy1401(m): 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
what do you expect?? when Analog President ruling Digital nation don't you see that they aren't compatible? Na chanji Sai Mai Gaskiya....
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by fartkay(m): 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
joseph1832:
You expect the typical nigerian to believe and understand this?

The typical nigerian who would chose an Olajumoke Origasanya over an Ayodele Dada? The typical nigerian who would sit down and play baba ijebu and nairabet rather than work hard for his money? The typical nigerian who likes and believes he's entitled to everything F.O.C

Bros ye! Abeg you take style harsh ooo. LOL.

Hear yourself out. Typical Nigerians. So you want the president to run the office like a typical Nigerian so as to sooth the typical Nigerians. So he should fund nairabet n baba ijebu more with money so the typical Nigerians can benefit from there, nonsense, what an irrational thinking. And we all claim to go to school but we've got no common sense
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Nicepoker(m): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
What's my business. Good or bad we are all in it
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
dunkem21:
OK, let me ask my people grin
If you think this economic hardship is a blessing; Click Like

Share to disagree with the President ..
You have been disgraced by this poll

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
Obiagelli:

Yeah, you're right ..

I underestimated the foolishness of Nigerians angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by fartkay(m): 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2016
We all can see the aftermath effect of the government that we claim the economy isn't tight, money here n there yet never touches the common mans' hand. Am blaming it all on the generation past for not doing something to ameliorate national issue of their time which is now affecting us, at least if my generation could fight this course right an well assured that all I will get from the next generation is gratitude. Appreciation thanks, prayers n not curses. So let support the government that has plans for the youth and trying to take what belongs to the nation back from the few.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Rayhutar(m): 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
Obiagelli:

Are shopping and cutting your national cake from this APC; this is how roll in naija, you chop you support everything,even if the H-F kill the whole human being in Agatu it is good, that is why Nigeria is most religious people and most evil in the world
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Rayhutar(m): 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
Obiagelli:

APC internet warriors at work, everybody dey suffer, even you self dey do suffering and smiling

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by meccuno: 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
dunkem21:

Yeah, you're right ..
LOL!!!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Rayhutar(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
dunkem21:

Yeah, you're right ..

APC internet warriors at work, everybody dey suffer, suffering and smiling APC supporters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by KlausVestner(m): 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
It is really sad to see a country suffering from a crisis that much. Indeed it is true like someone posted here, that even the rich countries suffered from economical crisis from time to time and as a result they are developing new ideas and became innovative and competitive again. But did they let their economy freely fall without any regulations? No.
I can remember that the last economy shrink here in Germany was under the Chancellor Schroeder who was member of the social Democratic Party.
Yes, there was a cut of the social security aka welfare system as well. But they set the tax system that under a minimum income people can apply for federal benefits ....of course after a very strictly check of the financial situation. All private savings and property has to be used before the social plans are enforced. And on the other side, the huge income of companies was reduced by tax bills with the exception, that investments into new technologies, which was supported by the government. Private treasures was falling under the tax. There was a fluctuation of money into other countries like Switzerland, because of their banking secrets. But overall, the law system was kept up, same the security situation....only just a minor increase of criminal cases was noticed. And even the poorest could afford to feed their families.
So, it's a bit naive to me, transferring the situation in a economic depression and the recovering from it just 1:1 into Nigeria's situation.
From what I've noticed, there are way more problems in Nigeria.
I never will say, that we did better here ....absolutely not. And there is no question about it, that you Nigerians are doing what ever you can to keep your country up. Whe never had the burden of being a colony of another country, and as a European I'm ashamed how our grandparents and the generation before treated and robbed Africa.
Yes we've lost 2 wars in the last century, the economy was destroyed totally. It also took a long time to establish a social democracy.
On the other hand, we never had rich ressorses like oil. Our resources always was manpower and workers.
One of the essential criteria I think is the educational system. All children need to have access to schools and colleges. The children of today are the treasure of the future.

I do not have the intention to accuse anyone here ....of course not.
But I was looking around in several countries and I've noticed, that the societies are differing.
So for example, here to show prosperity, they do this driving new expensive cars. In Sweden I could see, if someone wants to show he's rich, then he'll walk around drunk early in the morning (maybe that changed over the years, but in the 80ties, alcohol was very expensive in Sweden, so showing others that someone can afford liquer was a kind of status symbol .....I'm not going to judge)

Now please ask yourself, what is one of the status symbols in the Nigerian society?
Isn't it, that the very rich are demonstrating and behaving that they're above the law?
If you're going to answer that with a yes to some degree, then isn't it, that everyone want to show his wealth in one form or the other ......isn't that also a growing ground for corruption? (Doing what ever they want and if got caught ....okay, paying some money and the case is closed?)

For ending such behave, the whole society need to be aware, that it is a great honor to obey the law, as higher as someone's income is, as more this person should follow the law and the rules ( including paying all tax)
Another helpful doctrine was, that it was an unwritten rule, that the person in a company with the highest salary should not get a higher income than 17 times of the lowest income in that company.
I really think, that the very poor have nothing to loose, so they might try even with criminal methods to get money .....if they would have enough for living and a humble existence, they would think twice before risking their freedom.

So overall, indeed sometimes the economy will decline, but it's at the government to implement and set up the rules and the frame for getting the economy recovered. It's no good to let the people starve, they need a perspective too for not becoming criminal or very angry.

I don't want to sound like a smart@ss and I'm sure, that if we would be in your situation, facing all that issues, we probably would not be able to do as well as you Nigerians.
And for my country I wish, that our government in Berlin would rethink the politics and offer Nigeria a partnership with real equity and not for profit

2 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by buchilino(m): 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
dunkem21:

I guess dat answers ur question. U now c y Nigeria will Neva develop. If Obama had made such statement, americans would voted out his ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Deen77: 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Buhari is truly a critical thinker............no genuine GAIN without PAIN.............that's for those who understand core management principles

Many lack knowledge about economy.

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by buchilino(m): 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ooni:
Buhari is a sleep-walking hopless bastard

an unconscious aged owl flying around without a compass

a curse to people who believe in him

a hypocrite of animalistic proportion

a proud arrogant hollow-headed normad

a lunatic of unprecedented dimension

an unthinking, uenducated, unreliable coward

shame on we oodua for voting him

After reading ur comments, I now truly believe dat there is hope 4 sw pple.

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
Enjoy ya blessings Naija...the mumus who voted another mumu into power...#chillingmargaritasoutintheSuninmalibu
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Lucasbible: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
I challenge Buhari to walk on the streets freely without security and I am sure he will be at the mercy of people who have lost their jobs while he is living 5 star life with 10 jets at his disposal.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Leke001: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
oga fresident,na wa por you o!

1 Like

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Rayhutar(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
buchilino:

I guess dat answers ur question. U now c y Nigeria will Neva develop. If Obama had made such statement, americans would voted out his ass
APC Internet warriors at work
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by buchilino(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rayhutar:

APC Internet warriors at work

God 4bid, me APC. I will Neva be APC or PDP. Neva
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by omokab: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
ticker:
hopeless n useless president
there is no need to know the type of family you come from. Certainly your father must be original agbero while your mother must be a wayward. Born and brought up inside garage.
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Rexnegro(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
ticker:
hopeless n useless president
but still better than Your clueless uncle in otuoke
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by tontoro: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Action pls
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 11:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
buchilino:

Bros, honestly am dumbfounded lipsrsealed
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Ryabcool(m): 12:00am On Mar 18, 2016
Ooni:

when will the mods ban this impostor to Kingdom come?
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Solozzo(m): 12:34am On Mar 18, 2016
Ooni:

PDP pig!!
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 18, 2016
Ooni:

Curse and shame on your family.
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by ahaz: 12:46am On Mar 18, 2016
dunkem21:

182 zombies clicked like

2 Likes

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by charming1111(m): 12:47am On Mar 18, 2016
buhari is an idiot...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by bashydemy(m): 12:57am On Mar 18, 2016
ticker:
My Father hopeless n useless Father
#Gbam#
Re: Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 18, 2016
According to the numbers more than half of Nigerians voted Buhari in..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: Wike Working For Buhari And APC- Deji Adeyanju / Makarfi-led PDP Triggers Option B, Set To Fuse Into APDA / Herdsmen And Their Cows Cause Commotion At BRT Lane In Lagos In Celebration Of P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.