Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter (49345 Views)

Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund / Photos Of El-rufai On Abuja-Kaduna Train This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by bughead: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
jayhans:
am just looking forward to sallah period...... if schools should go on break cos of any of the eids den i wil know Islamization of nigeria is gradually becoming real.... if he can ask pastors to obtain licence hope he also asked those guys in mosque dat disturb our morning sleep wit their prayer calls to also get licences..

endtime govenors
the EEDIOT want to turn Nigeria to an Islamic state of violence.

the kettle were he dey use take wash he prick go turn to snake come bit am for he short JohnTomas
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by wellmax(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
So shameful most of those commenting don't even understand a bit from what the governor is trying to say. Sentiments and 'quick-to-jusge' syndrome is affecting you.

A term is 18 weeks, if Easter has come in April, this won't be a problem, but its coming in March, schools will rush the term and close before Easter. According to the Gov, this isn't right, and I agree with him. Let the students go on Easter break and resume back to School to complete the term.

7 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by charlesucheh(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
IF this is true, then am sorry that this governor has just turned into an Islamic jihadist with no control. It's not the easter that's controlling the calendar, it just that it always falls within that time period which the general education plan deem it fit to fix holidays to suit the said easter celebration since christians are basically the majority in the country.... The governor is just throwing unnecessary religious tantrum like a child....
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
jayhans:

sounds good to u ryt.... last yr most schools didnt write third term exams until late august in kano just cos they wanted schools to close for sallah.. Lets be truthful to ourselves.. or wil u tell me u av nt noticed dat educational calender in the north is bin designed to favour the muslims are there no christian northeners??
are Northerner stopping u in d south from doin what u like wit ur sschools? Why re u guys sooooo jealous of evrytin d north!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Mbediogu(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
UcLloyd:
I see some religious truncating. This is unacceptable, cus is no muslim affair ba? God help the Christians in this country

The short devil of kaduna state. But our God pass am.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by amuokuko: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hell Rufai continue, just be aware that no one fights religion without a down fall..

Licensing preachers is a step to kill evangelism which is targeted at christians but watch how ur political career crumbles..
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by chesterlee(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Northboy:
How can you prove that?

I don't need to prove it...He's manifesting already!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by bid4rich(m): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Elrufai will emerge one of d best gov this country ha ever seen! His successful reign will shame d god u call! Am ready to bet on it!

You are just a religious bigot. why cant you just leave religion alone for God's sake.

I can also bet it that Nigeria will never be good with religious people like you
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
I concur.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Trust77: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
bughead:
the EEDIOT want to turn Nigeria to an Islamic state of violence.

the kettle were he dey use take wash he prick go turn to snake come bit am for he short JohnTomas
God bless you my brother, that El-Rufai of a guy is bastard. He will start suffering very soon
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
bid4rich:

You are just a religious bigot. why cant you just leave religion alone for God's sake.

I can also bet it that Nigeria will never be good with religious people like you
Did u smoke somtin b4 comin online? Didn't u read d comment of d person I mentioned?Go back and read his comment and stop thinking u ve brains!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by obailala(m): 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
What da Bleep is this thread even all about? .... Easter comes up early this year and friday and monday are public holidays. Afterwards, schools close for 2nd term on the 8th of April.

How is this supposed to be news? undecided

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by sikirat2020: 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
this short man devil has a agenda and he seems to be fronting for someone. just watch out
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by bid4rich(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Did u smoke somtin b4 comin online? Didn't u read d comment of d person I mentioned?Go back and read his comment and stop thinking u ve brains!

why cant you just prove to the person that you have brain? Its just unfortunate that most of the comment here are nothing but to display immaturity. Good luck to you
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by jayhans(m): 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
are Northerner stopping u in d south from doin what u like wit ur sschools? Why re u guys sooooo jealous of evrytin d north!
mr man i lived all my life in the north.. so i know wat am saying.. u guys neva accept the truth
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Tugbus(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
But people sha. For the whole wonderful six solid years I spent in seminary, I never for one day celebrated easter outside the school. We must conclude the school 12 weeks calender before going home. We normally close school one week after easter.. So what's the fuse about??

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
jayhans:
mr man i lived all my life in the north.. so i know wat am saying.. u guys neva accept the truth
D farthest part of d north I ve ever been to is Abj! Was born and raised in d south! Northerners won't stop us dooin wat we want down south so stop all these needless hating!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olatade(m): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
Some people criticise blindly with logic upside down. Traditional Easter usually falls in April but this one came short of that and so schools could not complete there term before Easter. What's big deal in that, more so the government has declared good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday as public holiday to be observed by all including Kaduna so where comes religious victimization?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Collins87: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Am beginning to smell a rat on this man's issues. You can't rule this country anyway!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by ezpee: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
I pity you........
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by AfroKnight: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
The negative comments against the governor only point to one thing: some nairaland members don't understand English language.

The governor only came out to debunk rumours that schools will close the term for "Easter Break". He said the schools will observe the holidays on Friday and Monday (just like every other state). What then is the reason for so much bitterness against this man's statement? Why are some of you so bold to expose your poor comprehension skills?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Donliv: 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Fear dwarf governors because they are deadly and heartless.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by dominique(f): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
For those attacking El Rufai, Ask yourselves this; had Easter come around while schools are in active session, will schools shut down for the entire week because of Easter? The school authorities want to capitalize on the fact that Easter will come towards end of term and go on vacation earlier than expected.

A lot of posters here didn't bother to read the governor's statement, they just clicked on the topic and rushed to reply (any opportunity to throw stones at Islam and Muslims must not be missed). He is not saying that Easter will not be observed by schools, all he's saying is that schools should not go on vacation because Easter is approaching. The term is short enough as it is, slashing it by another week is all shades of wrong. Let's always read and comprehend before rushing to attack.

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
OgaSirAde:
This guy should be careful oh with all this nonsense that was how he demolish Redeemed Churches in Abuja when he was FCT Minister.

He also demolished mosques too.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by henryhemon(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
We warned them but they were so dumb to know that Buhari and APC change was poison coated with sugar. Where are the northern Christians who gave Buhari bible? Where are those Christians who were campaigning for APC? Unfortunately thousands of Christians who shouted change and called Goodluck clueless are now in graves and those alive are regretting.

Idi*t what have you done for the world with your religion? You even have to mix it with politics?Is that what Christianity is all about hypocrite. You want to hide under Christianity to make your point. Are you really a Christian or by just going to church? Hypocrites don't fight for Jesus Christ he will fight his war or lament on his behalf. The Christ I know are not like your lots. That person you 're condemning might make heaven n you will not.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by premier79(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
There is nothing like Easter break apart from the one declare by the federal government in South west here because of d calendar is not yet completed
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
emmansus:
No easther holiday in kaduna!!!LET US PRAY

Obviously you did not read the original post.

There will be holidays on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Schools resume the following Tuesday.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by mandax: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol, el-Rufy has gone off road. Religious Faith can drive only small minds off road.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by henryhemon(m): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
How is it that we can still go back to work after Easter but students can't go back to school after Easter? Many schools in other states are not shutting down cuz of Easter but crooks n hypocrites come here suddenly to form better Christians, God will judge all of you cuz it's El rufai,they have blown whistle for them,most igbos are just officially making us look like cry babies and bitter race.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olajorn(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
UcLloyd:

If only u will tell yourself the truth. God forgive u
what is the truth here?
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by agrovick(m): 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
I smh for Nigerians, going by the majority of comments on this thread it's obvious that
1) Most Nigerians don't read
2) Most Nigerians do not understand English and
3) Most Nigerians exhibit the bandwagon effect.
For those spitting vituperations, let me interpret what the governor said; the Governor only said schools won't end the term abruptly because of the Easter celebration rather the schools will go on break for the traditional days of Easter holiday (Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday) and then resume back to school to complete the term. Shikena.
Same thing is happening in Delta State, schools are to vacate on April 8th and as at today when the academic week ended, there was nothing as regards whether the term will be cut short in fact we are yet to write exams, so what's all the fuss about?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obidients Awaiting Peter Obi At Port Harcourt Airport (Videos & Pictures) / Maiduguri Bomb Blasts Survivors And Dead Bodies Being Evacuated (Photos) / Inec Ad Hoc Staff Being Transported Back (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.