Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter (49354 Views)

Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund / Photos Of El-rufai On Abuja-Kaduna Train This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Xtfield(m): 9:04am On Mar 19, 2016
The true Christian church is never afraid of persecution. It's the nominal Christians who are. Persecution makes the church grow, leads to wider spread of the gospel. Read the Acts of Apostles and you will see that but for persecution, Christianity would not have reached us in Africa. So real Christians will not pray against persecution but will ask for grace to go through it without denying the faith.

Am I saying the church in Kaduna is being persecuted? No. Just to say that even if it comes to that, the church will not only survive, it will grow stronger.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by sunnex2: 9:16am On Mar 19, 2016
aaronson:
I just hope other governors follow suit, rendering religion and its holidays irrelevant is the beginning of a thinking society towards development and advancement.
The man isn't honest .Can he advance reasons why he closed down schools in July last year and 3rd term for that matter .I pity El Rufai. He is never straight.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by solidman59(m): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2016
The Ant Man has spoken. The only thing is, I hope islamists like him understand his last sentence. Other humans should not abridge their freedom of worship because of Islam. Thank you El rufai
Fpisanta221:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156795352665128&id=393816480127&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6263482076258409496%3Amf_story_key.5019158492822664081&__tn__=%2As
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by WaffenSS(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Some of us can read, and fully understood what is going on.

And FYI....Thursday....Thor's day and Firday...Freya's day...as well as Wednesday...Wotan's day ...are the real pagan hols. smiley

Woah, there, Nessie. Who in Nigeria observes holidays on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays?

Your Sunday, Day of Sol, Day of Ra, whatever....is a paganistic day of rites.

Your Christmas is nothing but rebranded Festival of Saturnalia. The choice of December 25 for the celebration of the birth of Jesus was to Christianize the pagan festival in Rome of the Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, meaning "the birthday of the Unconquered Sun", a festival inaugurated by the Roman emperor Aurelian.

Even your mistletoe is a Norse motif.

Go thee away, thou heretic, go thee banished yonder to the climes of the unwashed heathens basking in doom of eternal damnation...

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by WaffenSS(m): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2016
chiefolododo:
And how are you sure am not a Jew? gay

Even if you're a Jew....what's a Jew got to do with Easter?
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Reference(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2016
carinmom:

I hope you are not suffering from selective amnesia or hypocritical disorder, when has the government ever close schools for 2 or 3 weeks for Sallah break? All the 3 holidays in our school calender are in favour of xtianity. First term for Xmas, second term for Easter, its only third term that is not attached to any religious activity.
For sometimes now Sallah is now celebrated when schools are already on third term break which means if it were to be celebrated when schools are on session, schools only give 4 or 5 days break which was exactly what happened last year, students were only given 4days break for Sallah.

Because education as we know it has its origins in the west and western education had close ties to the church. These are legacies hard to change but there is nothing wrong in tweaking it to suit our needs. Education is more important than religion.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by jmichlins(m): 10:01am On Mar 19, 2016
FBLJ:
I disagree that religion has been a problem, Americas founding fathers were religious people so with many euroupean nations, but it did not stop them from developing. our problem is our mentality. if all the leaders follow what the bible says for instance this nation will be so great and free from wickedness, but they are hypocrites, claiming to be religious and exploiting the people.
yes american founding fathers were religious and it worked for them we have tried religion and it did not work for us make we try another thing since we are not truly religious
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by charlesucheh(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2016
olajorn:
does it change the fact that you didn't read before commenting? Or you red,but your brain couldn't process well
I READ it and it still doesn't change the fact that he is being religiously biased.... And note, it's not RED, it's READ!!!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Dreadful: 10:06am On Mar 19, 2016
buygala:
I see nothing to wail about sad...After all, the national Easter holidays are still kept... Laziness should not be allowed to flourish under the guise of religious sentiments undecided... Kids can still learn a lot within the 3 school days before Good Friday sad

And I am sure Muslim kids are also in those private schools... so they, along with the Christian 'oppressed' kids will also bear the 'brunt' of this 'decree' sad

As per the other allegations and lamentations, I have nothing to say on them until I hear them from a worthy source sad
Fool so this is all you could say? When the full Islamization eventually looms you'll start stuttering.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Charly68: 10:11am On Mar 19, 2016
His advisers should tell him that power is a loaded gun,he can kill himself with it or defend himself with it depending on his wisdom. If he likes let him heed the voice of reasoning or reject it ..He is the one that will bear the consequences of his actions in Govt.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by chernest2002: 10:17am On Mar 19, 2016
If only it is done with genuine heart, but el rufai is just nursing sentiment, what a nation has been doing for decades he wants to change just to show Supiriority. That man will add more problems to already existing one between Christians and Muslims. Anyway that's change.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by chiefolododo(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2016
Google it ,JESUS CHRIST,the Lord of lords is a JEW
WaffenSS:

Even if you're a Jew....what's a Jew got to do with Easter?
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by emmasege: 10:27am On Mar 19, 2016
My question to the controversial governor: Why have core northern governors (e.g. Kano) in recent times chosen to adjust the school calendar in such a way that the sallahs fall outside of the school term?
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by WaffenSS(m): 10:30am On Mar 19, 2016
chiefolododo:
Google it ,JESUS CHRIST,the Lord of lords is a JEW

He was a Jew.....rejected by Jews, killed by Jews.

Then latinized by modern day Christians, who also are hated by Jews.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by manie(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2016
Kraspo:

Please get your facts right lest you mislead the public. I am a certified teacher of English language. Of all the three terms in an academic session, 2nd term is usually the shortest term. It's just 12 weeks as against the 14 and 16 weeks of 1st and 3rd term respectively. Rushing an already short term is disastrous to the academic health of any Nigerian child.
The issue of Easter usually causes issues because the date is not static like Christmas. Last year Easter was celebrated in April and thankfully it didn't affect the academic calendar. But this year, it was slated for March. Are you saying if someday it is fixed in February, we will have to run a term in 8weeks? We as academicians can't afford to sacrifice the future of education in this country on the altar of prejudice and religious bigotry.. I am a Christian and I support El rufai's decision.

There is nothing like 16 weeks in a term for any primary or secondary school in Nigeria, the average is 13 weeks. First term is usually 13 weeks, 2nd term runs for between 11 to 12 weeks, while third term runs for 14 weeks.

Students receive lectures for 9 to 10 weeks, revision takes place between 10th and 11th week, while examination takes place between 11th and 12 week, marking and collation of examination scripts takes place between 12th or 13th week, depending on the schedule for the term.

Third term is usually 14 weeks because of the public holiday, 1st of May workers' day, 27th May Children's day, 29th May democracy and the eid hoilidays, it is also the term when schools have end of the session activities.

Most private schools in Lagos resumed for 2nd term on 11th January 2016 and will vacate on 24th march 2016, giving them 11 weeks of academic activities. The 10 week was used for examination while the 11th week will be used for marking and collation of results.

Resumption for 3rd term will be on 18th of April 2016, the 2015/2016 Academic session will come to an end on 22nd July 2016.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by charlsoo1(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
Watch it, this Fulani governor will cancel the long holiday of Xmas and new year.
A real nomadic governor!!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by ODUBEZE: 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
buygala:
I see nothing to wail about sad...After all, the national Easter holidays are still kept... Laziness should not be allowed to flourish under the guise of religious sentiments undecided... Kids can still learn a lot within the 3 school days before Good Friday sad

And I am sure Muslim kids are also in those private schools... so they, along with the Christian 'oppressed' kids will also bear the 'brunt' of this 'decree' sad

As per the other allegations and lamentations, I have nothing to say on them until I hear them from a worthy source sad
You are a Muslim!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by ODUBEZE: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
jerseyboy:
Agenda driven short devil
He has tried to render Oshinbajo irrelevant thank God say VP wise up now he is facing the Christians and if anyone say otherwise let me know.
El-rufai is soooo immature always looking for trouble where there is none.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by tpiah2: 5:08am On Mar 24, 2016
MoltenMagma:
The internet gives me opportunity to vent my inner reetard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator David Mark Sack Brother, Son And Others / Governor Ajimobi Playing Draft With His Security Aide (Photo) / Rotimi Amaechi Sleeping In Church (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.