Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter (49355 Views)

Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund / Photos Of El-rufai On Abuja-Kaduna Train This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
Donliv:
Fear dwarf governors because they are deadly and heartless.
jerseyboy:
Agenda driven short devil
ProfessorPeter:
We warned them but they were so dumb to know that Buhari and APC change was poison coated with sugar. Where are the northern Christians who gave Buhari bible? Where are those Christians who were campaigning for APC? Unfortunately thousands of Christians who shouted change and called Goodluck clueless are now in graves and those alive are regretting.
UcLloyd:
Now u are attacking OP for exposing Hell Rufai ba? APC has destroyed Nigeria
Opinedecandid:
Satanist Governor unlashed on rampage.
God will soon cut him to size, IJN.
Not the physical size, but another size that the sons of men might know that the Most High rulleth over the affairs of men, he bringeth up one and putheth down another!
UcLloyd:
Anyone who sees nothing wrong in this, is an enemy of democracy. We all know that Hell Rufai is out to frustrate Christians in Kaduna. I want u all to know this, Our God never sleeps, Christians will always triumph
omogin:
Why is it only Kaduna state we keep hearing of one midget trying to oppress Christians. Is he the commisioner for education. I see we are beginning to allow extremist like bin laden get very high up in govt

The above people I have just quoted obviously have serious eyesight issues. They need to see their eye doctors as soon as possible.

First....EL rufai never said that schools would remain open during GOOD friday and EASTER monday.

As he said in the OP's attached post

Pupils in Kaduna State will have their Easter break on the prescribed public holidays and return to school to conclude the second term

I hope you get it.

But I wonder,why do people have to be filled with such hate.

All the chaps above I have quoted claim to be Christians. They go to church everyday, they read their bibles and pray. And yet...they deliberately engage in the sin of misrepresentation and of bitterness.

I am asking all of the people I have quoted above....

How do you sleep?

How does it feel to be so bitter and hateful.

I know I am not a perfect Christian...but one thing I am going to tell you guys ....is that bitterness and anger may make you feel powerful for a little while, but at the end of the day, it could destroy you.

You do not have to hate.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olajorn(m): 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
charlesucheh:
IF this is true, then am sorry that this governor has just turned into an Islamic jihadist with no control. It's not the easter that's controlling the calendar, it just that it always falls within that time period which the general education plan deem it fit to fix holidays to suit the said easter celebration since christians are basically the majority in the country.... The governor is just throwing unnecessary religious tantrum like a child....
what the FVCK is wrong with you eediots?...can't you read again...where the hell this fvcking country is going...everybody just want to take side,cause unnecessary argument

Governor said school supposed to run for 12 weeks and shouldnot be cut short to 10 weeks because of easther...and you are here foaming in your mouth

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olajorn(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
agrovick:
I smh for Nigerians, going by the majority of comments on this thread it's obvious that
1) Most Nigerians don't read
2) Most Nigerians do not understand English and
3) Most Nigerians exhibit the bandwagon effect.
For those spitting vituperations, let me interpret what the governor said; the Governor only said schools won't end the term abruptly because of the Easter celebration rather the schools will go on break for the traditional days of Easter holiday (Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday) and then resume back to school to complete the term. Shikena.
Same thing is happening in Delta State, schools are to vacate on April 8th and as at today when the academic week ended, there was nothing as regards whether the term will be cut short in fact we are yet to write exams, so what's all the fuss about?
bro am sorry to say Nigeria is doomed..and few of us that come online to discuss are classified as learned Nigerians...if the learned are behaving this way,what should we expect from illiterates...this country was built on hatred

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by udemzyudex(m): 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
aaronson:
I just hope other governors follow suit, rendering religion and its holidays irrelevant is the beginning of a thinking society towards development and advancement.

Develop countries still observe their holidays, how much more underdeveloped country like Nigeria, you've forgotten that all work and no play makes jack a dull boy...

It won't change anything, whether they ban holidays or not.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by agrovick(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
olajorn:
bro am sorry to say Nigeria is doomed..and few of us that come online to discuss are classified as learned Nigerians...if the learned are behaving this way,what should we expect from illiterates...this country was built on hatred
As in ehn, it's during occasions like this that I wish for the split up of the country. Whenever things seem to go wrong in the North, the South criticizes, if it happens in the South, the North criticizes, it's high time we opened our minds to constructive discussions than all these back and forth arguments over trivial issues.
Nigeria ti sumi self
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by oglalasioux(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
Good. There's hope for the black man.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olajorn(m): 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
agrovick:

As in ehn, it's during occasions like this that I wish for the split up of the country. Whenever things seem to go wrong in the North, the South criticizes, if it happens in the South, the North criticizes, it's high time we opened our minds to constructive discussions than all these back and forth arguments over trivial issues.
Nigeria ti sumi self
me self tire...I swear
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by GorkoSusaay: 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
olajorn:
me self tire...I swear

Don't be tired. Don't give up. Be like El-Rufai. With your principles, keep on
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olajorn(m): 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

Don't be tired. Don't give up. Be like El-Rufai. With your principles, keep on
mehn...I loved Nigerian dearly..but as things dey gi,I will have to love myself and my family first
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by gud4dbest(m): 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ok,nice;only if not a pretext to hide his own religious beefing/prejudice.
tsephanyah:

He mandated that second term holiday, should not be
called
Easter break, but second term holiday. On this note he
ordered that the second term holiday should start two
weeks after Easter. then Awesome
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Rayhutar(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The above people I have just quoted obviously have serious eyesight issues. They need to see their eye doctors as soon as possible.

First....EL rufai never said that schools would remain open during GOOD friday and EASTER monday.

As he said in the OP's attached post

Pupils in Kaduna State will have their Easter break on the prescribed public holidays and return to school to conclude the second term

I hope you get it.

But I wonder,why do people have to be filled with such hate.

All the chaps above I have quoted claim to be Christians. They go to church everyday, they read their bibles and pray. And yet...they deliberately engage in the sin of misrepresentation and of bitterness.

I am asking all of the people I have quoted above....

How do you sleep?

How does it feel to be so bitter and hateful.

I know I am not a perfect Christian...but one thing I am going to tell you guys ....is that bitterness and anger may make you feel powerful for a little while, but at the end of the day, it could destroy you.

You do not have to hate.

Go and park one side if you cannot understand a simple logic, how can a Kaduna state be a state with a different school calendar year in Nigeria all because of a religious bigot, schools in Nigeria and whole British former colony for ages close before easter for second term break, you are not a Christian, stop forcing yourself to become one.You will also justify the issuing of licenses to preachers in the state and ban on playing religious music in certain areas targeting the Christians,justify also the plan before in Kano state to use Sundays as sanitation exercise day where there will be no movement till 10 a.m, you don't see anything wrong in all this, you are are just a Christian saboteur

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Rayhutar:

Go and park one side if cannot understand a simple logic, how can a Kaduna state be a state with a different school calendar year in Nigeria all because of a religious bigot, schools in Nigeria and whole British former colony for ages close before easter for second term break, you are not a Christian, stop forcing yourself to become one.You will also justify the issuing of licenses to preachers in the state and ban on playing religious music in certain areas targeting the Christians,justify also the plan before in Kano state to use Sundays as sanitation exercise day, you are are just a Christian saboteur

Despite all you have said, Students in Kaduna will go on holidays on Good Friday and Easter Monday and resume the following Tuesday till they close again on April the 8th.

I don't see any issues sir.

Now....relax.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by opribo(m): 11:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
This pinchomic man is just a spoiler. Since he has abandoned twitting insult upon insult against GEJ the next thing to do is attack hapless citizens.

Kaduna is not FCT neither can you compare Kaduna yo Lagos. Kaduna should be handled as a united people and he should not introduce his evil agenda to a hitherto peaceful state.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Rayhutar(m): 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Despite all you have said, Students in Kaduna will go on holidays on Good Friday and Easter Monday and resume the following Tuesday till they close again on April the 8th.

Now....relax.
Continue to support clear religious bigotism and you expect Nigeria to be good, you can also justify Kano state attempt to use Sunday as sanitation exercise day where there will be no movement of people till 10 a.m, what difference will that 3 days add, if not because of bitterness on the part of the governor for a particular religion, does any Christian talk about any holiday giving to muslims during Sallah cerebration, why must a whole Governor descend so low to meddle into school calendar that have been in use in Nigeria since 1960 and other British colonized countries are using the same calendar.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 19, 2016
Well, rare is the thread that brings me to write again for the nth time.Nairaland addiction should be classified as a treatable illness...

The Governor ,if we read his post clearly, said that Kaduna State schools....not private schools, STATE SCHOOLS....would go on the Easter Break,and then resume on the Tuesday following the Easter Monday.

In other words....students will be in school as normal till Thursday the 24th...then go on holiday from Friday the 25th till Monday the 28th, of March and then resume school till April the 8th.

Yet that is taken as a sign of a Muslim governor persecuting Chirstians.

I really do not like insulting people. Really I don't.But for all those who are interpreting a govenor's decision to allow students go on break just for the Easter Period...and resume school after as ''Islamist behaviour''....I wonder if they have taken leave of their senses.

I think that many of the people who are crying wolf where there is none.....are doing this because they are angry and bitter about the election. No really. They are angry that a Southerner lost...and a Northerner won, and as a result their connection to the National cake sharing is in jeopardy.

Back when OBJ was in charge....we had some people singing about how OBJ was discriminating against Muslims.And even during GEJ's regime...there was the hints dropped about it being anti-Islam too.

The thing is.....I know their problem.

Their issue is not about Islam and Chirstianity. Their issue is about how much money they can chop from the government,and how much jobs they can get from the government. In the South , many Southerners are angry about things like federal character which can mean a Southerner loses out to a less qualified Northerner in the jobs game.Same for education. I myself was told growing up that I had to work harder because as a member of a minority southern tribe, it would be difficult for me to get admission into the uni of my choice.

Of course this anger is understandable. But how it translates to calling a governor a Islamist for allowing students to go home for the Easter break beats me.

You know...the problem with Nigeria is twofold...bitterness and laziness. Until we get rid of those two issues...we willnever progress as a country.Even if we divide tomorrow...we will never progress either. The same bitterness and laziness willjust divide into several clones and come and meet us in our new countries...and deal with us.

Time we woke up and stopped thinking the world owes us a living.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 19, 2016
Rayhutar:

Continue to support clear religious bigotism and you expect Nigeria to be good, you can also justify Kano state attempt to use Sunday as sanitation exercise day where there will be no movement of people till 10 a.m, what difference will that 3 days add, if not because of bitterness on the part of the governor for a particular religion, does any Christian talk about any holiday giving to muslims during Sallah cerebration, why must a whole Governor descend so low to meddle into school calendar that have been in use in Nigeria since 1960 and other British colonized countries are using the same calendar.

The governor clearly said that students would go on break for the period lasting from Good Friday to Easter Monday..and resume afterwards.

No where in his message did he say that students would be in school on Good Friday or Easter Monday.!

Here is the man's actual words...

[size=28pt]Pupils in Kaduna State will have their Easter break on the prescribed public holidays and return to school to conclude the second term.
[/size]

Does that sound clearer? Is that like the examples you gave earlier.

Ah well....good night.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by opribo(m): 12:24am On Mar 19, 2016
is that not Buhari's state. I'm not surprised, all his plans will be actualized in this state.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Rayhutar(m): 12:28am On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The governor clearly said that students would go on break for the period lasting from Good Friday to Easter Monday..and resume afterwards.

No where in his message did he say that students would be in school on Good Friday or Easter Monday.!

Here is the man's actual words...

[size=28pt]Pupils in Kaduna State will have their Easter break on the prescribed public holidays and return to school to conclude the second term.
[/size]

Does that sound clearer? Is that like the examples you gave earlier.

Ah well....good night.
Did you go to school atoll, don't you know that before an academic year start that there is already a school calendar for the academic year, why must a governor disrupt a school calendar because of religious intolerance,why, stop pretending and supporting evil, we are not talking about easter holiday, we are talking about stoping schools to close earlier before Easter which is normal school school calendar, why most a whole state government become angry that schools calendar year are cutting short of only 3 days to close before Easter, if not religious bigotism
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by iyatrustee(f): 12:31am On Mar 19, 2016
Nigerians and the bandwagon effect. I bet majority did not read before commenting.

If you have kids in SS3 and JS3 like i do, then you would know that the term was really short.

Nothing islamic about this at all

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Rayhutar(m): 12:36am On Mar 19, 2016
iyatrustee:
Nigerians and the bandwagon effect. I bet majority did not read before commenting.

If you have kids in SS3 and JS3 like i do, then you would know that the term was really short.

Nothing islamic about this at all
That is the school calendar year we have been using since 1960 and whole Africa is also using the same academic calendar, why changing it overnight because it cut short of only 3 days for the schools to close before Easter
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by iyatrustee(f): 12:42am On Mar 19, 2016
Rayhutar:

That is the school calendar year we have been using since 1960 and whole Africa is also using the same academic calendar, why changing it overnight because it cut short of only 3 days for the schools to close before Easter

Oga, lets be logical here, there wont be school on Good friday and Easter monday. Those are the only 2days that make up the Easter holidays. It would have been different if they would go to school on those days.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by BolaLFC(f): 12:47am On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Now....relax.
Here in Ogun State too, d calender states that school closes April 8th n resumes May 2. Tht means we'll go for the Easter break and return to school to vacate @ d normal time. Just that a lot of schools break the rules to suit themselves.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Rayhutar(m): 12:48am On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Well, rare is the thread that brings me to write again for the nth time.Nairaland addiction should be classified as a treatable illness...

The Governor ,if we read his post clearly, said that Kaduna State schools....not private schools, STATE SCHOOLS....would go on the Easter Break,and then resume on the Tuesday following the Easter Monday.

In other words....students will be in school as normal till Thursday the 24th...then go on holiday from Friday the 25th till Monday the 28th, of March and then resume school till April the 8th.

Yet that is taken as a sign of a Muslim governor persecuting Chirstians.

I really do not like insulting people. Really I don't.But for all those who are interpreting a govenor's decision to allow students go on break just for the Easter Period...and resume school after as ''Islamist behaviour''....I wonder if they have taken leave of their senses.

I think that many of the people who are crying wolf where there is none.....are doing this because they are angry and bitter about the election. No really. They are angry that a Southerner lost...and a Northerner won, and as a result their connection to the National cake sharing is in jeopardy.

Back when OBJ was in charge....we had some people singing about how OBJ was discriminating against Muslims.And even during GEJ's regime...there was the hints dropped about it being anti-Islam too.

The thing is.....I know their problem.

Their issue is not about Islam and Chirstianity. Their issue is about how much money they can chop from the government,and how much jobs they can get from the government. In the South , many Southerners are angry about things like federal character which can mean a Southerner loses out to a less qualified Northerner in the jobs game.Same for education. I myself was told growing up that I had to work harder because as a member of a minority southern tribe, it would be difficult for me to get admission into the uni of my choice.

Of course this anger is understandable. But how it translates to calling a governor a Islamist for allowing students to go home for the Easter break beats me.

You know...the problem with Nigeria is twofold...bitterness and laziness. Until we get rid of those two issues...we willnever progress as a country.Even if we divide tomorrow...we will never progress either. The same bitterness and laziness willjust divide into several clones and come and meet us in our new countries...and deal with us.

Time we woke up and stopped thinking the world owes us a living.
Off course because you are religious bigot you wont see anything bad in it, It beats you for Christians to see something bad in imposing a license for their preachers to preach in the state, for them not to play religious music in some certain area, in Kano state nothing is bad in using Sunday as sanitation exercise day, make una continue, God is watching all you, people of religious intolerance, hatred and bitterness of heart of other religions apart from their own.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 19, 2016
Rayhutar:

Off course because you are religious bigot you wont see anything bad in it, It beats you for Christians to see something bad in imposing a license for their preachers to preach in the state, for them not to play religious music in some certain area, in Kano state nothing is bad in using Sunday as sanitation exercise day, make una continue, God is watching all you, people of religious intolerance, hatred and bitterness of heart of other religions apart from their own.

Are you trolling me, son?

Really, you have the time.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Rayhutar(m): 12:55am On Mar 19, 2016
iyatrustee:

Oga, lets be logical here, there wont be school on Good friday and Easter monday. Those are the only 2days that make up the Easter holidays. It would have been different if they would go to school on those days.
We are not talking about Easter holiday here, you think that those that are against it didn't see the 2 days easter holiday, What will 3 days add if they go for easter holiday and come back, while not allow some schools to close, let us tell our self the truth, what will that 3 days add before closing again after the Easter 2 days holiday if not because of religious intolerance on the part of the governor
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by 247notire(m): 1:15am On Mar 19, 2016
It's not about religion you idiots! It's about having something in common even in our diversity. These are federal government public holidays same with eid el kabir and it's likes. Nigerians are mostly unintelligent truly. Public holidays are also opportunities for rest cos we humans need rest. It's a sad populace and even sadder foolishness for el rufai to try this.

Obvious bigotry!!!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by babafirst(m): 2:02am On Mar 19, 2016
sweettikky:
What is his business with easter break again, I think he is actually high on cheap drugs. When it's sallah break, I hope he will also announce dat all schools should also be opened. He actually needs advicers
Sister please read his message again.He did not say students will not be granted holidays on those religious days declared as public holidays by the govt. He is only saying after the public holidays schools will resume until the term officially ends.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 19, 2016
Rayhutar:

Did you go to school atoll, don't you know that before an academic year start that there is already a school calendar for the academic year, why must a governor disrupt a school calendar because of religious intolerance,why, stop pretending and supporting evil, we are not talking about easter holiday, we are talking about stoping schools to close earlier before Easter which is normal school school calendar, why most a whole state government become angry that schools calendar year are cutting short of only 3 days to close before Easter, if not religious bigotism
My God, did you do comprehension in English when you were in secondary school?
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 19, 2016
The internet gives human beings the opportunity to vent their inner reetard
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Are you trolling me, son?

Really, you have the time.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator David Mark Sack Brother, Son And Others / Governor Ajimobi Playing Draft With His Security Aide (Photo) / Rotimi Amaechi Sleeping In Church (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.