Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter (49351 Views)

Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund / Photos Of El-rufai On Abuja-Kaduna Train This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Xtfield(m): 4:54am On Mar 19, 2016
I am a Christian, a preacher of the gospel and do not see what is wrong with this. I own and run my own school in Ekiti State. Before the beginning of this term, I had discovered this term will be two weeks short if 2nd term must end with Easter. For me a standard school term should run for a minimum of 13 weeks and a maximum of 14. So I called a meeting of my parents and informed them that the term will extend beyond Easter. The attached is a copy of the Academic calendar that was proposed for the term. I think later in the term, the State Ministry of Education also realized this shortfall and has since ordered all schools to remain open until after Easter. There is no hidden agenda in what Kaduna State Government did. Easter has no fixed date unlike Christmas. Sometimes, Easter comes early (this year is an example) while at other times it comes late (sometimes as late as April ending). No Act of Parliament says second term must end with Easter.

As for Christians who are crying foul, I think there is a misconception that observing a particular holiday makes us more religious. Easter is not about holiday. It is about the cross of Christ. What has that cross done in your life. If you are not born again, spending a month to celebrate Easter will not help you. Besides, what about civil servants who year in year out return to work the nect day after Easter Monday. Why have they not shouted religions marginalization all these years?

Finally, I think those who will hate this development most are school proprietors who would have been calculating the money they will save on running school buses, running hostels , staff salaries (for those who do not pay during holidays) etc. Most of these proprietors are Christians and pastors too.

Let us have 13 weeks 2nd term, Easter or no Easter, I rest my case.

7 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by acenazt: 5:15am On Mar 19, 2016
Fpisanta221:

little brat, haven't you heard about the saying that there an atom of truth in every rumour? is it not this el rufai that said that church's should have license in Kaduna? oluku rapata!
mumu where did u get ur own news from? Cos I am pretty sure its License for preaching which affects not just d church but every religion that preaches its faith. U just don't go around spewing rubbish
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by ElCapone(m): 6:15am On Mar 19, 2016
UcLloyd:
I see some religious truncating. This is unacceptable, cus is no muslim affair ba? God help the Christians in this country
sharrrap. Coz of easter 2wkz of learning shld just be scrappd abi. Plz use ur head 4 1s. Itz stil ppl like u who wld open their mouth tomoro nd say northernerz are illiterate, they trying to comply wid da educational curriculum nw u are spewing poo.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by omogin(f): 6:41am On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The above people I have just quoted obviously have serious eyesight issues. They need to see their eye doctors as soon as possible.

First....EL rufai never said that schools would remain open during GOOD friday and EASTER monday.

As he said in the OP's attached post

Pupils in Kaduna State will have their Easter break on the prescribed public holidays and return to school to conclude the second term

I hope you get it.

But I wonder,why do people have to be filled with such hate.

All the chaps above I have quoted claim to be Christians. They go to church everyday, they read their bibles and pray. And yet...they deliberately engage in the sin of misrepresentation and of bitterness.

I am asking all of the people I have quoted above....

How do you sleep?

How does it feel to be so bitter and hateful.

I know I am not a perfect Christian...but one thing I am going to tell you guys ....is that bitterness and anger may make you feel powerful for a little while, but at the end of the day, it could destroy you.

You do not have to hate.

Your are blind and in need of a miracle. The midget has evil anticidents, now he wants to license pastors and mute them, cos imams hardly preach in public. How come its only in Kaduna there's noise about easter hols amongst 36 states. Anyone that troubles Christians will be troubled.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by iyatrustee(f): 6:55am On Mar 19, 2016
Xtfield:
I am a Christian, a preacher of the gospel and do not see what is wrong with this. I own and run my own school in Ekiti State. Before the beginning of this term, I had discovered this term will be two weeks short if 2nd term must end with Easter. For me a standard school term should run for a minimum of 13 weeks and a maximum of 14. So I called a meeting of my parents and informed them that the term will extend beyond Easter. The attached is a copy of the Academic calendar that was proposed for the term. I think later in the term, the State Ministry of Education also realized this shortfall and has since ordered all schools to remain open until after Easter. There is no hidden agenda in what Kaduna State Government did. Easter has no fixed date unlike Christmas. Sometimes, Easter comes early (this year is an example) while at other times it comes late (sometimes as late as April ending). No Act of Parliament says second term must end with Easter.

As for Christians who are crying foul, I think there is a misconception that observing a particular holiday makes us more religious. Easter is not about holiday. It is about the cross of Christ. What has that cross done in your life. If you are not born again, spending a month to celebrate Easter will not help you. Besides, what about civil servants who year in year out return to work the nect day after Easter Monday. Why have they not shouted religions marginalization all these years?

Finally, I think those who will hate this development most are school proprietors who would have been calculating the money they will save on running school buses, running hostels , staff salaries (for those who do not pay during holidays) etc. Most of these proprietors are Christians and pastors too.

God bless u!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by carinmom(f): 7:03am On Mar 19, 2016
sweettikky:
What is his business with easter break again, I think he is actually high on cheap drugs. When it's sallah break, I hope he will also announce dat all schools should also be opened. He actually needs advicers

I hope you are not suffering from selective amnesia or hypocritical disorder, when has the government ever close schools for 2 or 3 weeks for Sallah break? All the 3 holidays in our school calender are in favour of xtianity. First term for Xmas, second term for Easter, its only third term that is not attached to any religious activity.
For sometimes now Sallah is now celebrated when schools are already on third term break which means if it were to be celebrated when schools are on session, schools only give 4 or 5 days break which was exactly what happened last year, students were only given 4days break for Sallah.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by chidozieikeji2: 7:05am On Mar 19, 2016
I see nothing bad in what el rufai did even if we criticise el rufai den we also need to criticise our bishops because almost all church owned schools don't close during easter I schooled in such school we usually close 2 weeks after easter we were compelled to stay in d school and if u dare go home u will be dealt with so even at that what el rufai did is not bad I see nothing in am a christian before u guys will tink am a muslim let's stop posting rubbish that will create unnecessary chaos let's support el rufai he is not a bad man for ur information am a christian from anambra state

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 19, 2016
omogin:

Your are blind and in need of a miracle. The midget has evil anticidents, now he wants to license pastors and mute them, cos imams hardly preach in public. How come its only in Kaduna there's noise about easter hols amongst 36 states. Anyone that troubles Christians will be troubled.
First,thanks for calling me blind and in need of a miracle. That is such wonderful and lovely language to call someone.

Second, the governor did say that students are going to go on break....from Good Friday till Easter monday, then normalservice resumes on Tuesday till April the 8th.

Thirdly,imams do preach in public.Having lived in the Nawth, I can attest to that.

Fourthly, earthly laws can never ever limit the spread of God's Kingdom on earth.

Good morning .

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by charlesucheh(m): 7:07am On Mar 19, 2016
olajorn:
what the FVCK is wrong with you eediots?...can't you read again...where the hell this fvcking country is going...everybody just want to take side,cause unnecessary argument

Governor said school supposed to run for 12 weeks and shouldnot be cut short to 10 weeks because of easther...and you are here foaming in your mouth
When somebody starts using the word Bleep, then I'll know that it's a small child talking and wouldn't want to waste my saliva on them.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olayinka63: 7:15am On Mar 19, 2016
I just can't understand what is causing problems in this. So far Friday and Monday is given as holiday what else do you need. Ok why aren't you shout for banks to be closed the way you are shouting for schools? Banks will declare Friday and Monday and you resume work on Tuesday can't we have this too in education sector. Hypocrites Christians should think in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by charlesucheh(m): 7:26am On Mar 19, 2016
chidozieikeji2:
I see nothing bad in what el rufai did even if we criticise el rufai den we also need to criticise our bishops because almost all church owned schools don't close during easter I schooled in such school we usually close 2 weeks after easter we were compelled to stay in d school and if u dare go home u will be dealt with so even at that what el rufai did is not bad I see nothing in am a christian before u guys will tink am a muslim let's stop posting rubbish that will create unnecessary chaos let's support el rufai he is not a bad man for ur information am a christian from anambra state
should that be is problem at this time when the Dollar is smacking down the NAIRA.?
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by charlesucheh(m): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2016
Ghen! Ghen! JIHADISTS VS CRUSADERS!!! Round one fight!!! See wetin el-rufai don cause for Nairaland.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by WaffenSS(m): 7:50am On Mar 19, 2016
chiefolododo:
It is a form of ANTI-SEMITISM

You've no idea what that means.

Who's the Jew here, or is Easter now Hanukkah?

Lazy dolt.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by olajorn(m): 7:51am On Mar 19, 2016
charlesucheh:
When somebody starts using the word Bleep, then I'll know that it's a small child talking and wouldn't want to waste my saliva on them.
does it change the fact that you didn't read before commenting? Or you red,but your brain couldn't process well
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by muyibaba222(m): 7:52am On Mar 19, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
We warned them but they were so dumb to know that Buhari and APC change was poison coated with sugar. Where are the northern Christians who gave Buhari bible? Where are those Christians who were campaigning for APC? Unfortunately thousands of Christians who shouted change and called Goodluck clueless are now in graves and those alive are regretting.

Religion will continue to be the major problem in this country if people like you leave in this darkness. This issue is giving me concern here in Nasarawa state. Sencond term was schedulled to hold for ten weeks, the skul was opened for the first three weeks, dere was strike for another three weeks. students did not resume on the first weeks of resumption (beggining of term and end of strike), which left teaching activities and exams for jst five weeks, all in the name of easter holiday. Is that what u want for your children in primary and secondary schools? well, samething might have happened to you and eventually made you think the way you think.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by sunnyeinstein(m): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2016
UcLloyd:
Anyone who sees nothing wrong in this, is an enemy of democracy. We all know that Hell Rufai is out to frustrate Christians in Kaduna. I want u all to know this, Our God never sleeps, Christians will always triumph

My friend, apologies but i have to tell you to shut up!
Kindly put religious sentiments aside and look deeper.
I have always had a problem with schools shutting down for the term/session due to election/religious events without completing the normal 12weeks for learning. Worse still is the fact that those topics not covered might never be re-visited, leaving our kids short on much-needed knowledge. I fully support this move, go on ur normal public holiday and return to complete the term. It is time religious sentiments are put aside and the right thing done.
Thank You.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by FreemanDave(m): 7:57am On Mar 19, 2016
aaronson:
I just hope other governors follow suit, rendering religion and its holidays irrelevant is the beginning of a thinking society towards development and advancement.

You spoke with wisdom....
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by omogin(f): 8:00am On Mar 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

First,thanks for calling me blind and in need of a miracle. That is such wonderful and lovely language to call someone.

Second, the governor did say that students are going to go on break....from Good Friday till Easter monday, then normalservice resumes on Tuesday till April the 8th.

Thirdly,imams do preach in public.Having lived in the Nawth, I can attest to that.

Fourthly, earthly laws can never ever limit the spread of God's Kingdom on earth.

Good morning .
Good morning, sorry for calling you blind. Jesus himself had to knock Paul out when Paul was harassing the church and preventing the gospel. We don't want any harassment from anyone. Besides you didn't say why only Kaduna state is embroiled in these religious nonsense and why the midget has refused to drop his inferior complex
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:03am On Mar 19, 2016
gwales:
rubbish Easter holiday is a Fg law, how can state government ban it?

Did he ban easter holidays? NO!

Did he prevent the school term from ending abruptly due to school authorities who love the idea of cutting down on their spendings and collecting new school fees from parents at the earliest opportunities without adequately teaching their wards/children? YES!!!

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 19, 2016
WaffenSS:
All the christian bastards here can't even seem to read.

Anyway, you christian arseholes have too many holidays, every Saturday and Sunday is a pagan holiday.

Lazy fucckers...

Some of us can read, and fully understood what is going on.

And FYI....Thursday....Thor's day and Firday...Freya's day...as well as Wednesday...Wotan's day ...are the real pagan hols. smiley
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by nokingasgod: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2016
chidozieikeji2:

With people like you, there is still hope for Nigeria. Remain Blessed!
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by Lildoks(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2016
Rayhutar:

That is the school calendar year we have been using since 1960 and whole Africa is also using the same academic calendar, why changing it overnight because it cut short of only 3 days for the schools to close before Easter
because the Easter falls in March rather April this time around... If they had cut the Christmas break short you will still make noise... U just want to encourage laziness all in the name of religion.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by mbhs139(m): 8:20am On Mar 19, 2016
Based on what the OP posted, I don't think any sane and thinking person should be making the type of comment I'm reading on this thread. This goes to show, at least to me, that our so-called politicians and so-called leaders are not our real and actual problem. We, the citizens, are the REAL PROBLEM. Our ways and manners of thinking and reasoning puts us in this mess.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by fortunechy(m): 8:25am On Mar 19, 2016
religious biase man...........becareful
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2016
Kraspo:

Please get your facts right lest you mislead the public. I am a certified teacher of English language. Of all the three terms in an academic session, 2nd term is usually the shortest term. It's just 12 weeks as against the 14 and 16 weeks of 1st and 3rd term respectively. Rushing an already short term is disastrous to the academic health of any Nigerian child.
The issue of Easter usually causes issues because the date is not static like Christmas. Last year Easter was celebrated in April and thankfully it didn't affect the academic calendar. But this year, it was slated for March. Are you saying if someday it is fixed in February, we will have to run a term in 8weeks? We as academicians can't afford to sacrifice the future of education in this country on the altar of prejudice and religious bigotry.. I am a Christian and I support El rufai's decision.

Madam/sir, may God bless you abundantly for speaking and standing for the truth in your profession.
I am a christian and catholic by faith and we uphold the easter season more than any christian dominion.
However, cutting the school calendar for your religious celebrations is not the way to go academically for our kids. Let the students observe the holidays and return to school to learn. Any parent that doesnt present their child after the holidays should not expect better from such child, while any school/teacher that doesnt continue teaching afterwards should be declared unfit for teaching students and be shut down. #shikena

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by chiefolododo(m): 8:39am On Mar 19, 2016
And how are you sure am not a Jew? gay
WaffenSS:

You've no idea what that means.

Who's the Jew here, or is Easter now Hanukkah?

Lazy dolt.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by FBLJ(m): 8:41am On Mar 19, 2016
I disagree that religion has been a problem, Americas founding fathers were religious people so with many euroupean nations, but it did not stop them from developing. our problem is our mentality. if all the leaders follow what the bible says for instance this nation will be so great and free from wickedness, but they are hypocrites, claiming to be religious and exploiting the people.
jmichlins:
Since we gained independence, religion has been our bedrock even our politicians attributed their failure to hand of GOD or our national football team tell us to pray to win our matches maybe its time to turn to science and reality
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by JaaizTech: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2016
Xtfield:

Bro. This is just common sense. I am surprised some people have issues with this. The reason Nigeria is a mess is because Nigerians themselves are a mess. We need a revolutionary leader, who would push us in the right direction. Otherwise Nigerians won't change.
Re: El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter by wisest10: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2016
aaronson:
I just hope other governors follow suit, rendering religion and its holidays irrelevant is the beginning of a thinking society towards development and advancement.
when your life with God is not owk,how will u see the relevance,,,,but when u are not giving rest days at work u complain, u dnt undastand because u dnt know d importance to serious minded believers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ / Governor Ajimobi Playing Draft With His Security Aide (Photo) / Senator David Mark Sack Brother, Son And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.