Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! (37863 Views)

19-year-old Girl Who Graduated From University At 17 Lists Her Achievements / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief / When Daddy Graduated From The University Through Runs (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by kaziblake(f): 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
True talk.
Thank God I listened to my mother.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Interesting.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Nicepoker(m): 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
0955eb027:
Mine is so so grave to the extent that i don't know the way forward anymore. The major problem is that i have never done anything to make money with the exception of working as an ad-hoc staff for INEC in my service year.
I have been over reliant on ma parents d whole of ma life, having brainwashed myself with the idea that it was not yet time for me to start hustling; so bad that i cant even boast of a vocational skill.
I hold a masters degree (mathematics) and i have got nothing to show for it. Sitting at home all day or going in search of jobs without a positive result s fvcking terrifying.
I really need to do something (anything legal), no matter how small. Just need to learn how to survive. Need advice on how to embark on something that will bring about a positive change. Help a brother out. Thanks ya'll

Wouldn't mind if anyone can get me a job. smiley
this ur own strong o
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Aroh48(m): 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
I see
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Nicepoker(m): 1:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
FunnyDude:
@Op sharap....u not God.
that's the mentality killing our youths.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by chinawapz(m): 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
We teach people on how to start agricultural business and we help to market your agricultural product for free......http://www.agrobalm.com
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Nicepoker(m): 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
Most of our graduates are lazy. I mean very lazy. A lot of them are here on nairaland.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Tonytonex(m): 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
i love u
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by mavinc4u(f): 1:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
The building in the picture looks like faculty of social workers in UNIBEN
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by owoshuyi(m): 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
God bless u OP for dis. I have been inspired and gingered. BTW i no know full meaning of OP oo.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by LyfeJennings(m): 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
0955eb027:
Mine is so so grave to the extent that i don't know the way forward anymore. The major problem is that i have never done anything to make money with the exception of working as an ad-hoc staff for INEC in my service year.
I have been over reliant on ma parents d whole of ma life, having brainwashed myself with the idea that it was not yet time for me to start hustling; so bad that i cant even boast of a vocational skill.
I hold a masters degree (mathematics) and i have got nothing to show for it. Sitting at home all day or going in search of jobs without a positive result s fvcking terrifying.
I really need to do something (anything legal), no matter how small. Just need to learn how to survive. Need advice on how to embark on something that will bring about a positive change. Help a brother out. Thanks ya'll

Even if I have a job
I won't give U
U don't need one
U need a dream and ways to develop ur dream

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Qyubee(m): 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
nice read! just googled up the book by nico qubein...interesting
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by SirDavico(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
lawrenzi:

source: http://www.lawrenzi.com/2016/01/20/dangerous-mistakes-we-made-before-we-graduated-from-school/

Gr8 post! But it's not been easy trying 2 hustle when you can hardly hear what's being said. I mean, what can a hard of hearing offer? The ability to hear is very essential in one's life. And when u can't afford H.aids, well......How can one interact, esp in Nigeria with all these stigmatisation? So sad. Need advice pls.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by professore(m): 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
Very rich post
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by 1Kaycee1(m): 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
Dfinex:

And did God say u should sit down, fold ur hands, shut down ur brain and don't hussle to make something meaningful out of ur life?

Remember the parable of the master and his three servants?

Need i inform u that God himself will be very mad at u if u waste ur time here on earth, lazing about and not being able to boast of anything u have achieved in all ur existence.
Nice one.
Dfinex:

And did God say u should sit down, fold ur hands, shut down ur brain and don't hussle to make something meaningful out of ur life?

Need i inform u that God himself will be very mad at u if u waste ur time here on earth, lazing about and not being able to boast of anything u have achieved in all ur existence.
Nice one.
Dfinex:

Nice one.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by holadfikky(m): 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
0955eb027:

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by banmee(m): 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
lawrenzi:

source: http://www.lawrenzi.com/2016/01/20/dangerous-mistakes-we-made-before-we-graduated-from-school/

You are living in lala land. There is no way you can work and still school in Nigeria. Not with the way the educational system is set up. One of the two will suffer. Unless of course you decide to do a part time programe. In the west, you can stay in your room and not see the inside of a university and still earn a degree. All you need is a computer and internet access. You can decide to school one year, take the next year off to work and go back to school the year after. Can you honestly do that in Nigeria? Nigeria is not equipped to support work and school effectively. Not to mention that in the area of internet services and accessibility, Nigeria is still disgracefully behind a lot of countries. You need affordable and available internet support to make work/school possible. Nigeria is not ready for it.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Hala(m): 2:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
0955eb027:

You have to leave your comfort zone. Do something that really scares you. Something new. Go into robotics. Get trained in coding. Then go tech. Nigeria has a lot of problems. Take one and solve it. You can start as a volunteer. Cheers
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by kunlegboye(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
You can start make money on line at comfort of your home,click on the link below,just give it a trial
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Saladin25(m): 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
OP you just dey realize. To get a vocational skills is my next target. As for the people that can't use their money to buy books. You can use internet and download free inspirational/motivational books. Don't depend on your certificate and don't depend so much on people for help because they might end up fvcking up
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Louiscutedude(m): 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tnx very much n God bls
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Saladin25(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
banmee:

You are living in lala land. There is no way you can work and still school in Nigeria. Not with the way the educational system is set up. One of the two will suffer. Unless of course you decide to do a part time programe. In the west, you can stay in your room and not see the inside of a university and still earn a degree. All you need is a computer and internet access. You can decide to work one year, take the next year off to work and go back to school the year after. Can you honestly do that in Nigeria? Nigeria is not equipped to support work and school effectively. Not to mention that in the area of internet services and accessibility, Nigeria is still disgracefully behind a lot of countries. You need affordable and available internet support to make work/school possible. Nigeria is not ready for it.

I tried it but it affected my studies. They gave me loads of assignment in school and report to right. It got to a stage I took a year break from working and schooling

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by collinsVP: 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
banmee:

You are living in lala land. There is no way you can work and still school in Nigeria. Not with the way the educational system is set up. One of the two will suffer. Unless of course you decide to do a part time programe. In the west, you can stay in your room and not see the inside of a university and still earn a degree. All you need is a computer and internet access. You can decide to work one year, take the next year off to work and go back to school the year after. Can you honestly do that in Nigeria? Nigeria is not equipped to support work and school effectively. Not to mention that in the area of internet services and accessibility, Nigeria is still disgracefully behind a lot of countries. You need affordable and available internet support to make work/school possible. Nigeria is not ready for it.

You made a valid point. the design of academic programs in Nigeria is outdated. it products are not relevant in this present day information age. You leave school and you are thrown off balance. Nigeria needs to overhaul the current design to bring it at par with realities on ground while she creates room for continuous improvement.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Leriebloom(f): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Cool writeup Op, infact you deserve a hug for this thread.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by ashewoboy(m): 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Leriebloom:
Cool writeup Op, infact you deserve a hug for this thread.

let me take the hug on his behalf.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by anochuko01(m): 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
sorry to say o...this problem is much with bsc students! as I have noticed. coz most polytechnic students who did siwes and IT have enough experience to start something on their own. many even return for HND ad working class already. they have also experienced the real world during IT, hence they have better plannings for their lives.
as for me, I've promised myself not to return home after nysc!
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by domnwan(m): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
After my National Diploma, I learnt sewing,my funny friends do call me Obioma, but I know that today,I can sew nice male clothes,both English and Native.... Am also doing my Hnd.... I thank God I realised on time.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by chiroking(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
God bless u my brother, i love this post
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by anochuko01(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
0955eb027:

what did you study?
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by baddooski: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice write up OP, lets hear what dear preye has to say.
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Luckyk(f): 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
true
Re: Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! by Donvitalis(m): 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
Incisive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nassarawa State University Post-ume Is Out Hurry'''' 16th-19th July / '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria / FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.