Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,222 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) (35760 Views)

A Lady Parks SUV And Jumps In Lagoon On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos (Video) / FUTA Female Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver On Her Way From Church (Graph / Hit & Run Driver Kills FRSC Official On Duty At Idu Airport Unit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 20, 2016
Crossing the third mainland bridge at night is dangerous. R.I.P to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by youngest85(m): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2016
ramdris:
But what's d man doing on 3rd mainland bridge?... Don't let us be too quick to judge Drivers a times for av seen where a Driver was mobbed to death n his car burnt by thugs just for stopping to help an accident victim that he knocked down.

What do u expect a driver to do when someone crosses his path when on top speed? This thing happens within seconds and u hardly have time to think..RIP to the dead..
ur head deh dia!
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by ceejay80s(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
the truth is that its not easy to drive hit and wait
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by indomitable234: 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
why would a sane person cross that bridge

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
If God start punishing him tomorrow he will start running from pillar to post, saying it is one of his wicked uncle in the village dat is doing him

Not knowing it is the blood of dis innocent man

RIP
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by huntax(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Unless he was hawking,why would he cross an express road?
If the driver waits now,thugs will attack him,beat him mercilessly, rob him,break his windscreen and if he is lucky enough admist this fuel scarcity,then won't burn his car.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by emmanuelkoris: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
Actually I wont wait too... am sure there wont be anyone to hit if the man didnt show up on the bridge...there is no speed limit too... but if he stopped...what will u people say... he should be jailed and start paying compensation for some family that thier relative was being careless on 3rd mainland bridge

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by LockDown69(m): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
I can't see sh!t.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by gbadexy(m): 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
ramdris:
But what's d man doing on 3rd mainland bridge?... Don't let us be too quick to judge Drivers a times for av seen where a Driver was mobbed to death n his car burnt by thugs just for stopping to help an accident victim that he knocked down.

What do u expect a driver to do when someone crosses his path when on top speed? This thing happens within seconds and u hardly have time to think..RIP to the dead..
Exactly! I was hoping to even see the corpse besides the road to suggest recklessness on the part of the driver but was surprised to see it at the middle of the road.
The driver is most likely on 120k per hr or more.
People that have driven on the bridge would have a different perspective from those cursing he or she.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by vansfks: 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mutuwa:

Very very soon.

May his journey to hell be accelerated,and may a stench chariot of devils guide and usher him to the depths of hell.
tell me what u would have done if u were in his shoes........ there is no point stopping, the man is already dead
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by ify2016: 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
garfield16:
What are you doing walking on 3rd mainland bridge? why do we behave like animals in this country? only animals walk on a highway!!!

Are you high? Wetin this one dey talk self?
Go & get some sense please!!!!
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by nybabeface(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
OMG!!! This unfortunate incident just happened on 3rd Mainland bridge. And to make matters worse, the driver of the vehicle did not even bother to wait. What a heartless soul!!!

May the soul of the dead Resin in Peace and i hope judgemnet is well served on the runaway driver.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/03/man-killed-by-hit-and-run-driver-on-3rd.html

everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner. to the driver
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Mutuwa(m): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
vansfks:
tell me what u would have done if u were in his shoes........ there is no point stopping, the man is already dead

Show remose by stopping,accept the fact that I am culpable and wait for my creator to exculpate me.

What do you think may happen to the driver,if apprehended at the point of escaping?
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by nijabazaar: 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
We all speak as if we know how Nemesis works.....dont be surprise the bloke who did this could live up to 90 , middle classed, marry twice....

Evil persons survive more in this world...Karma targets d weak and good....thats where her bitchery resides.

besides chances are if he stopped, he'd be burnt alive by bystanders...

For the dead man, sincere apologies for ur loss, hope u reincarnate as a better, stronger being.....somehow youd be recycled...all isnot lost. Next time, try an overhead bridge, look left, look right and left again.....

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by nbright: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
R. I. P cry
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by vansfks: 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
If God start punishing him tomorrow he will start running from pillar to post, saying it is one of his wicked uncle in the village dat is doing him

RIP
the fault might be from the BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT MAN

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by tunde1200(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
What if the man have intension to wait but he fears the angry mob.

Sijo01:
The driver will run to meet the worst of what he did to this man angry
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by sunshine1974(m): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
We rush to judge and condemn people, what makes u different from lynch mobs? I'm sure dos of u condemning the driver wld ve lynched him if he had stopped and u were opportuned to be dere! Only the driver can tell us exactly what happened as d oda guy is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Emekasmart(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
ramdris:

Dont mind those idiots screaming karma,that man has no business walking on foot on dat bridge wen he knows dat nobody will stop for him to cross. And even if the driver eventually stops to help,the mob will definitely bury him alive..
So whose fault is it now,the driver or the victim?

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by simplex2: 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
Only those that don't know 3rd mainlandbridge are talking of karma and nemesis. The only time to slow down on that bridge is if there's traffic.
Anyone walking on that bridge on foot is a suspect, if he comes close to your car, hit and continue your journey.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by vansfks: 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mutuwa:

Show remose by stopping,accept the fact that I am culpable and wait for my creator to exculpate me.

What do you think may happen to the driver,if apprehended at the point of escaping?
Are u not a Nigerian..... just stealing they will not hesitate to cremate you....talk more of murder.......
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by vansfks: 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
Emekasmart:

Dont mind those idiots screaming karma,that man has no business walking on foot on dat bridge wen he knows dat nobody will stop for him to cross. And even if the driver eventually stops to help,the mob will definitely bury him alive..
So whose fault is it now,the driver or the victim?
leave them....what is the man looking for on an highway....... and at the Centre of the road for that matter....... nevertheless, RIP Mr reckless
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Mattex001(m): 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
Everyone is yelling Karma Karma karma! Bleep Karma people do nasty things and get away with it... Anything can happen to anyone just anything and it may not necessarily reflect Karma! Its funny when people do good just becos they hold the belief that Karma would favor them in return
Nah! Life doesn't work that way

You may end up waiting forever! Just trust in God and be Upright in ur dealings but don't live with the mindset that ur good will fetch you some good deeds in return

Don't forget all good things comes from God

Life goes on.... To the killer ur judgement awaits you!

I hate to hear that word Karma!

May his rest with the lord

4 Likes

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by nijabazaar: 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
unless if u r in saner places of nigeria like Enugu, Ibadan, Or certain districts in Abuja or Awka....if u commit manslaughter, dont hesitate to take to your heels....

you stopping will aggravate d crowds....you will be burnt alive.Nigerians are incrediby emotional and crude.

Hit someone on a highway and u are not in these aforementioned areas....RUN and never look back.

Theres always a priest to confess to.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
nijabazaar:
We all speak as if we know how Nemesis works.....dont be surprise the bloke who did this could live up to 90 , middle classed, marry twice....

Evil persons survive more in this world...Karma targets d weak and good....thats where her bitchery resides.

besides chances are if he stopped, he'd be burnt alive by bystanders...

For the dead man, sincere apologies for ur loss, hope u reincarnate as a better, stronger being.....somehow youd be recycled...all isnot lost. Next time, try an overhead bridge, look left, look right and left again.....
He will reincarnate now as an animal.since he has been human.u believe in this..hmm.t

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by TeddyPendergrass(m): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2016
twoondei:
Before you curse the driver....

Think about it again. You're on a 120, perhaps 140 at night and someone runs into your car on a highway like 3MB. It's almost certain that the person will die or have some serious traumatic brain injury.

You stop and realize the guy is dead or you even see his brain smashed on the road. What will you do?

1. Stop and call for help, then touts show up to rob you
2. Speed off and inform the police after
3. Just ignore and wait to read the story on Nairaland

is that why you left hommie on the bridge like that. Cmon now.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by boladez(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2016
...Car owners who truly know Lagos and that Adeniji Area will think differently.

There is a Bridge over head but people still dart across the expressway , these animals who run across the expressway have caused several accidents and some of them are thieves , when they cause the accidents they turn round to rob.

In his afterlife he will value his life more seriously........Nothing like KARMA!......if the guy had stopped , the fellow animals would have burnt him to death , if he goes to police , they will milk him to death and lock him up.

Put yourself in the position of owning a car and driving on that lonely part of road before you shout KARMA!

Unfortunate it was an accident and unfortunate the dead guy opted to commit suicide.

4 Likes

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by faites(f): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
ramdris:

Touts would not only rob the person but also burn the person alive.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
Alakoba. Do you even know if I drive that route or if I even have a car at all sef.

TeddyPendergrass:

is that why you left hommie on the bridge like that. Cmon now.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by ChristineC: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:

RIP
God will not punish nothin madam. If you have been on third mainland bridge before you'll even advocate for the family of the deceased to pay damages to the car owner!

Cars move on an average of 130KMPH and a sane person is crossing a four-lane road at night?
Please!

3 Likes

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
ChristineC:

God will not punish nothin madam. If you have been on third mainland bridge before you'll even advocate for the family of the deceased to pay damages to the car owner!

Cars move on an average of 130KMPH and a sane person is crossing a four-lane road at night?
Please!
Y r u saying please

So u r justifying the driver for running, y didn't he stay nd own up to his crime

Or na u be d driver
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by ChristineC: 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
Y r u saying please
As in spare me the бuггshiт undecided

If I'm the driver I'll continue my journey and the reason is simple, the pedestrian has no business crossing that kind of road whether day or night where even accidents between vehicles are usually fatal. Such acts happen only in Nigeria and supported by those who refuse to leave their enclaves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Man Shot Dead In Onitsha, Anambra State (Graphic Photo) / Evans' Wife's Brother Speaks: "She Hasn't Visited Home Since She Got Married" / Female Robbers Engage Police In Gun Battle In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.