Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,721 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) (35762 Views)

A Lady Parks SUV And Jumps In Lagoon On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos (Video) / FUTA Female Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver On Her Way From Church (Graph / Hit & Run Driver Kills FRSC Official On Duty At Idu Airport Unit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
ChristineC:

As in spare me the бuггshiт undecided

If I'm the driver I'll continue my journey and the reason is simple, the pedestrian has no business crossing the kind of road whether day or night. Such acts happen only in Nigeria and supported by those who refuse to leave their enclaves.
In summary...

U r justifying the driver's action, nd blaming the man for crossing the road

I pray such evil don't befall we nd our loved ones

NOTE:U R NOT AMONG THE PEOPLE I PRAYED FOR
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by delerx(m): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nairaland is getting boring just because some people don't think b4 commenting. What's the man doing on 3rd bridge,is dr any flyover dr. I see a lot of people trying to cross ikd road while under a pedestrian bridge. Illiterates r always quick to say karma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Nickymezor(f): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
RiP
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
In summary...

U r justifying the driver's action, nd blaming the man for crossing the road

I pray such evil don't befall we nd our loved ones

NOTE:U R NOT AMONG THE PEOPLE I PRAYED FOR

myfantasies:
If God start punishing him tomorrow he will start running from pillar to post, saying it is one of his wicked uncle in the village dat is doing him

Not knowing it is the blood of dis innocent man

RIP

The amazing thing is why would anyone be walking on a bridge or along a highway. You are just asking for trouble. In normal societies, when you see a person doing that, it is either a) he is a bum/homeless, or b) he is up to no good/criminal and the police would most likely stop you for questioning.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by suwalee(f): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
OMG!!! This unfortunate incident just happened on 3rd Mainland bridge. And to make matters worse, the driver of the vehicle did not even bother to wait. What a heartless soul!!!

May the soul of the dead Resin in Peace and i hope judgemnet is well served on the runaway driver.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/03/man-killed-by-hit-and-run-driver-on-3rd.html

plz o if I may ask ow did d care hit the dude was he trying to cross the bridge. Sumtyms eh we human we don't like life ow can u try to cross that
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

The amazing thing is why would anyone be walking on a bridge or along a highway. You are just asking for trouble. In normal societies, when you see a person doing that, it is either a) he is a bum/homeless, or b) he is up to no good/criminal.
Oooh for crying out loud just stop it

U r still going around in circles

Ur comments only mean one thing..... lipsrsealed
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
Oooh for crying out loud just stop it

U r still going around in circles

Ur comments only mean one thing..... lipsrsealed

It doesn't change what is normal or the truth. Nobody has any business walking on a bridge or along a highway. Just because you don't know the standard does not mean the standard does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

It doesn't change what is normal or the truth. Nobody has any business walking on a bridge or along a highway. Just because you don't know the standard does not mean the standard does not exist.
I don't know d standard does not mean i will reason like u
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by darellone: 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
One glass of champagne for you.

The truth is bitter.

simplex2:
Only those that don't know 3rd mainlandbridge are talking of karma and nemesis. The only time to slow down on that bridge is if there's traffic.
Anyone walking on that bridge on foot is a suspect, if he comes close to your car, hit and continue your journey.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
I don't know d standard does not mean i will reason like u

The standard will always dictate a person's reasoning. The standard is not to litter your surroundings which means your reasoning will tell you that you have to put the trash in your pocket and wait till you get to a trash can. Getting it now?
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Jabioro: 2:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nairaland had become so immature to extend before you get any reasonable comment you have to scroll down,all you get up are first,untenable defence and many more of kids comments.. Sorry for some our youths..Can you be of same position of that said driver and wait at weird hour ? if you are more than two in that vehicle that hit him,will prefer to save the of three to one ?More why he the victim crossing without taken good care of sense.? I am not judging.. It got critical inwards before blame the dead and the living.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by femifemo123: 2:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
twoondei:
Before you curse the driver....

Think about it again. You're on a 120, perhaps 140 at night and someone runs into your car on a highway like 3MB. It's almost certain that the person will die or have some serious traumatic brain injury.

You stop and realize the guy is dead or you even see his brain smashed on the road. What will you do?

1. Stop and call for help, then touts show up to rob you
2. Speed off and inform the police after
3. Just ignore and wait to read the story on Nairaland
I dey suspect this guy cool
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by darellone: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
Its very obvious that you don't reside in Lasgidi. And if you do, you do not take Adeniji Adele or Apogbon at night

myfantasies:
Y r u saying please

So u r justifying the driver for running, y didn't he stay nd own up to his crime

Or na u be d driver
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

The standard will always dictate a person's reasoning. The standard is not to litter your surroundings which means your reasoning will tell you that you have to put the trash in your pocket and wait till you get to a trash can. Getting it now?
Naaah i don't get it

It seems d food i am eating has filled my brain

Come again

Nd please break it down in a way i will understand
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by niceeric(m): 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2016
For Christ's sake, non residents of Lagos and people who live in Lagos but don't ply the Third Mainland Bridge should not bother making comments on this thread!!!...most replies here are sickening!!

the 3MB has no bus stop, its surrounded by the lagoon, has service stops only at designated points and from the design of the Bridge, it allows NO pedestrian movement...if you're on the 3MB walking, you are either trying to commit suicide or robbery(which would also end in suicide) unless you're at one of its service stops with a faulty car.

Every driver knows that your car must be at its best behaviour on that bridge cos even a sudden engine failure that makes ur speed drop suddenly can cause drivers following u closely to ram into you....the 3MB isn't a regular highway!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
Naaah i don't get it

It seems d food i am eating has filled my brain

Come again

Nd please break it down in a way i will understand

It.....means......the....way....you....think.....and.....do....business.....needs....refining. You....are....not....alone...though. A....lot....of....Nigerians...think.....like....you. Is that barney enough for you?
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2016
darellone:
Its very obvious that you don't reside in Lasgidi. And if you do, you do not take Adeniji Adele or Apogbon at night

Bros i was born and brought up in lag, nd i am familiar with dat area

But dat does not mean i will come here and justify wat d driver did, For crying out loud we all have friends nd families dat go out everyday to look for dere daily bread, God forbid wat if such happens to any one of dem

Will we be here saying our love ones r careless nd dey deserve wat dey got?
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by columbus007(m): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is suicide.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

It.....means......the....way....you....think.....and.....do....business.....needs....refining. You....are....not....alone...though. A....lot....of....Nigerians...think.....like....you. Is that barney enough for you?
All dis things dat u wrote look somehow confusing to me

Gosh i never knew learning could be dis tiring
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
All dis things dat u wrote look somehow confusing to me

Gosh i never knew learning could be dis tiring

You are doing it again. Just like when you couldn't differentiate antidote from cure. Learning is easy. You just have to open your mind to it.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

You are doing it again. Just like when you couldn't differentiate antidote from cure. Learning is easy. You just have to open your mind to it.
Oooh dat, some people can be good at stalking

Well i have no interest in learning, it's best i stop stressing my brain

Tanks for ur efforts anyway
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by bibiking7(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2016

This might not be the drivers fault. When driving at night, the light from vehicles in the opposite direction affects the driver. Those crossing the road might not know.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
Oooh dat, some people can be good at stalking

Well i have no interest in learning, it's best i stop stressing my brain

Tanks for ur efforts anyway

Stalking? WTF? I was the one that tried to teach you. I don't forget hard heads that quickly.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

Stalking? WTF? I was the one that tried to teach you. I don't forget hard heads that quickly.
Nd i ended up forgetting u except for dis reminder

Me hard head?
Dats d best compliment i have heard so far, tanks
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
Nd i ended up forgetting u except for dis reminder

Me hard head?
Dats d best compliment i have heard so far, tanks

It's not a compliment. Hard heads don't get anywhere in life. They are rigid because their ways are set. Even when drowning they would refuse a life vest because someone somewhere told them that it doesn't work.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

It's not a compliment. Hard heads don't get anywhere in life. They are rigid because their ways are set. Even when drowning they would refuse a life vest because someone somewhere told them that it doesn't work.
To me it's a compliment, so deal with it
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
To me it's a compliment, so deal with it

You are doing it again. Being a stubborn wench is not a good thing.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by myfantasies(f): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
banmee:

You are doing it again. Being a stubborn wench is not a good thing.
Look, dis past week has been really stressful for me, work load, coming in late, skipping meals

So i want to take a little nap, we will continue dis wen i am back, dats if i see ur mention again

Tanks for calling me a stubborn wench grin
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by banmee(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
myfantasies:
Look, dis past week has been really stressful for me, work load, coming in late, skipping meals

So i want to take a little nap, we will continue dis wen i am back, dats if i see ur mention again

Tanks for calling me a stubborn wench grin

Funny girl. Don't know if it's deliberate or you are just yanking my chains.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Horlufemi(m): 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
3rd mainland bridge is about 11km long. It is a highway drivers are not expected to slow down for pedestrian. OK even if 3mb is you route on foot, why must you cross to the other side. No one would expect to see anyone crossing.

I'm guessing he's one of those thugs on 3mb, he just met his waterloo.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Toksytoks(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
The is no reason for anyone to be on foot on 3rd mainland bridge. It is recklessness and suicidal. The speed limit on the bridge is 120km/h. The driver committed no offence at all. Deaths on the highway are classified as Suicide. Braking suddenly at 120km/HR can lead to multiple accidents.

No law will punish the driver, Lagos State Government will confiscate the corpse and the family will be made to pay a fine.

Same way people fly across ikorodu road recklessly, right underneath the pedestrian bridge. Government had to construct a mesh fence on ikorodu expressways years back to fence of humans, fences are meant for animals in sane societies.
Re: Man Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver On 3rd Mainland Bridge (viewers Discretion) by Brifemix(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
It's a bad news though. May his soul find rest .let's not forget that the world is coming to an end. Strange things are happening, Our Lord is coming Soon. Stay rapturable!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evans' Wife's Brother Speaks: "She Hasn't Visited Home Since She Got Married" / The Conditions Of Prison Inmates In Delta (Disturbing Photos) / Medical Doctor In Bauchi Beats Wife To Stupor (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.