Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

2black1's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2black1's Profile / 2black1's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Sports / Opinion On popular Strikers’ Abilities: Do You Agree? by 2black1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 06
I came across this picture in a public restroom that I once used and I found it quite hilarious so I thought to share.
Do you agree?

Politics / Re: There's One Vice-Presidential Candidate That Scares Me - Toolz by 2black1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
Moh247:

How?!
kissw
Being an Ice cream seller or a Commissioner isn't dis respectful
Phones / Google Map Not Showing Start Button by 2black1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
Good day everyone.
Please can someone help with this?
My Google map is not showing the start button,therefore I can't get real time traffic directions.
Family / A Family Of 12 Siblings Now Holds The Guinness World Record For Highest Combined by 2black1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
A family of 12 siblings broke the Guinness World Record for highest total combined age, with the oldest at 97 and the youngest at 75.

The D'Cruz family has a combined age of 1,042 years and 315 days, and their record was confirmed on December 15, according to a news release from Guinness.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/02/us/12-siblings-hold-guinness-record-for-combined-age-trnd/index.html
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 2black1(m): 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
Dear Gigtrainee,
Please help check this VIN:
4JGBF71E58A422549.
Thanks a lot.
Autos / Re: Free VIN Check FOR CARS FROM USA ,CANADA by 2black1(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2020
Please help check this vin:
4JGBF71E58A422549
Car Talk / Re: Abeg Make Una Help Me Check Vin Number JTEGD21A050107378 by 2black1(m): 10:30am On Oct 11, 2020
Please good friends help check this VIN:
4JGBF71E58A422549.
Thanks a lot.
Sports / Victor Lindelof: Man Utd Defender Thanked By Swedish Police For Catching Thief by 2black1(m): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2020
Victor Lindelof: Man Utd defender thanked by Swedish police for catching thief.

Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has been thanked by the Swedish police for catching a thief who robbed an elderly woman on Monday.

The incident occurred in Lindelof's home city of Vasteras, 62 miles west of Sweden's capital Stockholm.

A police statement said a man in his 30s riding a bike had snatched a bag belonging to a woman in her 90s.

Lindelof is said to have "run after the suspected perpetrator", catching and holding him until the police arrived.

In a statement, Swedish police said they wanted to "take the opportunity and thank the witness for a quick and wise intervention to restore the plaintiff's property".

The woman who had her bag taken has reportedly offered to buy lunch for the 26-year-old Sweden international to thank him for his help.

The man who was arrested is suspected of aggravated theft and minor drug offences.

Lindelof made 35 Premier League appearances last season, helping United to a third-place finish.
Autos / Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by 2black1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

i have a Gl450 with extremely low mileage and excellent maintenance.

Thanks for your response.
You want to talk about the 450 here or in private?
Meanwhile, you did not answer my question on the X6.
What do you advise on the X6?
I actually prefer it.
Autos / Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by 2black1(m): 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hello Gazzuzz,

I would like to buy a MB GL450,MB GLK or BMW X6 as a second vehicle.I own a 2012 Camry.
I have heard a lot of stories about the X6 being quite problematic, though most of the claims are not substantiated with evidence.
My mind is drifting more in the direction of the X6.
What's your advice,please?
Thanks.
Autos / Toyota Camry 99 Model For Sale-naija Used by 2black1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
Toyota Camry 1999 Model with no issues for sale.
Price: 700k negotiable.
Call 08052797214 if interested.
Travel / Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by 2black1(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
tot:

So now citizens are responsible for the bad roads? Please hold the govt accountable for what they should be held accountable for.

I was referring to your comments about tolling.
Nigerians generally do not like to pay for anything.They want everything for free.
Even people who have prepaid electricity meters bypass them.
Many Nigerians take this attitude abroad as they always try to beat the system by enjoying amenities and not paying for it.
I think we need to be fair and balanced in our commentary.

Come to think of it.Isn't it the lack of cohesion among the masses and greed of many occasioned by vote-buying and 'let me grab my own syndrome' that makes us continue to have terrible leaders?
Politics / Re: What Diepreye Jackson Dikibo Said About Allen Onyema In 2014 by 2black1(m): 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
alezzy13:

I read your insightful comments on the other thread and actually thought you way smarter than this. Disappointing to say the least. undecided

I was about to say the same thing!
I read his submission on one job thread and I was impressed.
The comments here are highly disappointing, to say the least.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by 2black1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
loschivatos:
'We will ' provide Good road,constant power supply, free education and good health facilities all since 1960.
2023 is around the corner, be prepared for same old 'song' that never fades.

While some other countries are debating policies, our "vampires " are debating basic amenities while our youths are busy debating who slays more between tiwa savage and tacha or David and Chioma in Dubai.
Enjoy my fellow Nigerians �

Really sad and pathetic!
Travel / Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by 2black1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
tot:

False. Most countries in Europe do not have toll gates on their roads with the exception of few major motorways/crossings YET roads across the whole country including the small towns are in good conditions.

Better stop making excuses for the government. What is tax being collected for? What is revenue from oil exports for?

Please note I hate APC/PDP with passion but he is right, we citizens are contributing a great deal to the decay in the country.
Do we have any tolls booths at all?
I told people when Obasanjo was destroying the toll gates that that was going to spell the end of the motorways/highways and that has happened.
Tolling has to happen especially on the highways.That is the way it is in most countries where road infrastructure is in good condition.
Politics / Re: Man Drags Chris Ngige For Flying Business Class While Claiming 30K Minimum Wage by 2black1(m): 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I'm sure u got mine too.

It's so sad what supposed grownups spew on social media.
You goofed big time.Admit and learn.
Your comments show that you would do worse than our useless leaders if you ever have the opportunity.

Unfortunately, a huge number of Nigerians think like you.One of the reasons why we are here.

1 Like

Health / Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by 2black1(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
The biggest problem in Nigeria's medical sector is incomplete or wrong diagnosis.
As someone rightly pointed out,there is a high chance of an underlying factor causing the high bp.
I also had similar symptoms about four years ago only that in addition to yours, I was also very restless whether day or night and sweated a lot.
Did all kinds of tests ranging from Liver function to Kidney function to blood sugar tests and a host of others until my doctor ordered a thyroid function test and it showed that I was suffering symptoms of hyperthyroidism.(overactive thyroid)
I have been taking Carbimazole for a while and my bp has been normal.
The symptoms have improved drastically as well.
You need to do tests to be know the root cause of this.

1 Like

Business / Ordered Item On Ali Express Showing Received By An Unknown Person by 2black1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
Heloo Guys
I ordered an item on Aliexpress only to check the tracking today to see that someone else in another city has collected the item.

Please any experiences here?
What is the best step to take?
Business / Re: How Businesses Are Going Mobile With Their Outlets (see PHOTOS) by 2black1(m): 7:56pm On May 31, 2019
immaculate1234:

I no be betting kibda person cos I am business man buh Liverpool 3-1 Tottenham

AJ vs Ruiz will be airing early hours if Sunday so it does not stop you from watching the Champions' League.
Travel / China Unveils 600km/h Maglev Train Prototype by 2black1(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2019
China in track to achieving higher speed bullet trains.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/china-highspeed-maglev-prototype/index.html

Politics / Re: Nigeria Decides : Share A Picture Of You And Your Polling Unit by 2black1(m): 11:50am On Feb 23, 2019
Abeokuta Ward 9 PU 18

9 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by 2black1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2018
But the one being ammended was passed just before the present elections,not so?
Family / Re: Excited Couple Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary With Doggy Pose Photo by 2black1(m): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jesu Kristi!
So nobody could deduce from the write-up that they are yet to be married!
Read the story,lazy Nigerian youth.
Everything written up there is about the proposal and she ended by saying she couldn't wait to say I do.

1 Like

Politics / Re: The Ugly Situation APC Is Trying To Hide’ by 2black1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
CilicMarin:
Crap!

Do your own campaign with falsehoods and allow APC do their Own With Facts..

With that Video Saraki is a Goner in South West, and the entire North.

So you believe this video but I am sure you are one of those who believe the Ganduje one was doctored.
Hypocrisy and APC are 5&6.
Shior.
Nairaland / General / Re: 5 Things About You Never To Feel Inferior About by 2black1(m): 9:05am On Aug 09, 2018
Very aptly put!

1 Like

Politics / Re: Solomon Dalung Pictured With Anthony Joshua After His Victory In UK by 2black1(m): 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Oh my God!
How I wish we could have more Nigerians like you!
The situation is really pathetic and the fact that most of us Nigerians will disagree with these stark facts you have stated is what makes the redemption of this country a tall dream.
It is not a curse, I do not see a better Nigeria any time soon.

hardwerk:
Every last Nigerian who says they love everything about Nigeria is why Nigeria is “Nigeria”. Foreigners will definitely not understand the emphasis at a glance, but Nigerians do, no matter what they say.

Before you judge my write-up, keep in mind I’m a Nigerian by birth, upbringing and residence. I interact with Nigerians on a daily basis and I’m not rich folk, so I actually know what goes on in the heart of the country.

Nigerians are full of energy. Yes, we have potential. Lots of it. We have the smartest beings the world has ever seen (I could have been one myself, if I left the country and it’s negativity behind as an infant, no kidding). However limited by religion their thoughts are, the Nigerian society at large still pulls through with wonderful, (but short-lived) creativity.

I’m not exactly sure which of these count as a reason to not like the country and it’s people, so I’ll leave it to the reader. All I’ll do is describe.

Nigerians are aggressive, but never towards causes that make for a better living. A Nigerian can fight to the death to prove he can beat his brother, most times over nothing, but will not even blink if the government decides a whole town will not catch a glimpse of electricity for a year. “Our government is wicked o. We’re angry.” is all they can muster up. Nothing more. Nothing that can change anything.
Nigerians have zero (not exaggerating) maintenance culture. We don’t fix things until they break down completely. We apply paste and glue, then kick the damned thing back to life until we’re sure it can never work again. Then we ‘try’ to fix it, FOREVER.
Nigeria is infested and damaged beyond repair by religion. It’s like religion blocks off the part of our brains that actually evaluates logical input.
Like someone already stated, people do the exact opposite of what their holy books say and have no shame condemning you for not feigning belief as much, first chance they get.
Our countrymen would rather skin and sell a person alive if the church asks that of them. They’d rather pay tithes (in 100%) than buy lunch (which would cost about 0.1% of their tithe) for a stranded fellow.
A mother would rather her kids starve than miss a church event. Hence, ‘serving God’.
Best part yet, anything that requires a positive action is met with a moronic “do your best and leave the rest to God”, “it’s all part of God’s plan” and “pray about it”.
By the way, I’m still a Christian, at the time of writing this post and I know just about how many Nigerians would spit at this section for the raw truth in it.
Almost every situation is casual to Nigerians. Nothing, no matter how bizzare is alarming. It’s like we’re so used to shitty situations we accept just about anything. So there used to be free water supply down the street and suddenly it’s being sold? “Hmm. Na wa o.” is all, and everyone adjusts to it and moves on. Nobody goes “No! This is bullshit and we’re not having it!” Not one person. And if there ever was that one guy, absence of unity would drive the ones who are supposed to support him to actually confront him: “Na wa to you sef o. Shey na because of common water you charge like this?” The end.
The worst part yet, Nigerians will never unify to fight a common cause. “The enemy of my enemy is my ally” just doesn’t work on us. Grown men (and sadly, kids) will follow a politician, pick up arms and engage in lethal violence against their neighbours, and in the end, what do they get? A few thousand naira notes and their constant state of poverty back.
Nigerians are cheap. Kill their sons and buy a few bags of rice for their community and no one will ever speak of it again. When a few cups of rice hits a few homes, the gore is completely buried.
Any law enforcement officer can harass, mutilate or even kill a civilian and it ends in pity. “Ah! Na army man o” and everyone cowers in fear. Justice and rights end on the 9 o’clock news. None of those human rights apply on the streets. Nobody gives a poo if you’re wrong

1 Like

Travel / Re: First Underwater Restaurant To Open In Norway by 2black1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
teebankz10:
Will back here to comment when the project is completed grin grin grin

You have successfully booked your space.sharp guy.
Travel / Re: First Underwater Restaurant To Open In Norway by 2black1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pictures.

Travel / First Underwater Restaurant To Open In Norway by 2black1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
I am sure this started as a fantasy but now almost a reality.
What do you guys think?

Europe will soon see its first underwater restaurant, according to the project's Norwegian architects. The planned concrete structure features a 36-foot wide panoramic window and is designed to become part of the marine environment. It's expected to be completed by early 2019, with construction work starting in February 2018, at the southernmost point of Norway's coastline.
Related:
These next-level underwater villas are making waves
The restaurant has been designed by Norwegian architectural firm Snøhetta, known for its work on the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet and the Bibliotheca Alexandrina in Egypt. Called "Under," the restaurant will stand on the sea bed five meters below the surface, its thick walls designed to withstand the most variable sea conditions.

http://edition.cnn.com/style/article/snohetta-underwater-restaurant/index.html
Foreign Affairs / Re: Texas Ravaged By Flood! by 2black1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
Two people have lost their lives and many home and businesses destroyed.
Foreign Affairs / Texas Ravaged By Flood! by 2black1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
Texas is currently experiencing a very terrible flood as an aftermath of Tropical storm Harvey.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us/harvey-landfall/index.html
Travel / Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by 2black1(m): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
OP,
Do u really know much about air travel?
I doubt it cos most of your posts smirks of ignorance.
No offence!
Most of those things u put up there are normal things people do while flying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.