Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

2lola's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2lola's Profile / 2lola's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
elyte89:
House,Outside nwakali argument, my wife just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy(Bilal)
my first child. Alhamdulillah. cool

Congratulation bro,
May Almighty Allah make the child a blessing

1 Like 1 Share

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
Edopesin:

"It's not on my mind" said as a matter of fact, he shouldn't have bothered wasting our time and playing with our emotions if his mind wasn't in it

Sneaked in like we won't notice
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
komekn:

What do you find so offensive

Three simple questions that you and [b]your other noisemakers [/b]completely avoid , Why 3 Questions should not cause this level of rancour and vitriolic rhetoric.

I'll repeat the questions;

1.) Is he is the most outstanding player in his team ❓
2.) Is he the best Midfielder in his team ❓❓
3.) Is he outstanding in his low level league ❓❓❓

If I say a player is good I will give some level of justification rational not just emotive preference.

The question then arises what's the justification for his selection, historical youth exploits 7 years ago.

I only copied and paste what you replied someone with when he criticized a player,
So spare me all this your write up.

And at the bolded have you seen me clamour for or criticize a player here? I expect you will be civil next time if you decide to quote again
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
komekn:

Is he is the most outstanding player in his team ?
Is he the best Midfielder is his team ??
Is he outstanding in his low level league
In your own words
"Vitriolic deep bitter leaf soup, you have lost all sensibilities and your rancorous resentment befuddled your already fried mind."

9 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Karlovych:
Lookman has been cleared to represent Nigeria, is it today that the official NFF handle started lying over issues.
Why are you people like this,
That was how people were saying his switch was delayed till he came clean 2 months ago.

Are you his agent to confirm that he has been cleared?
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 12:42am On Dec 30, 2021
Where would Leicester City be if Rodgers had respected Iheanacho?
GOAL
Dec 29, 2021 11:13+01:00

Could the Nigeria striker have helped the Foxes enjoy a stronger start to the season if he'd played more often?

Leicester City lost 6-3 to the reigning Premier League champions Manchester City at the weekend but Kelechi Iheanacho performances in that game raised a lot of talking points among the club's fans and subsequently saw him included in Brendan Rodgers' starting XI for the victory over Liverpool.

The Nigerian finished the 2020/21 season as the club's most potent attacker, even ahead of Jamie Vardy.

Most of his 12 Premier League goals came in the second half of the season when Vardy battled fitness issues.

His total of 28 goal involvements in 39 games across all competitions in the 2020/21 season was the best attacking return of any Leicester player.

Kelechi Iheanacho Leicester City Community Shield
However, Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers has chosen to keep Iheanacho largely confined to the bench at the King Power stadium this season - even when Leicester struggled to create upfront - with his start against Liverpool on Tuesday a rare exception.

Leicester due a resurgence?
Leicester currently sit in ninth place after 18 games - a ranking that would be different if they'd won some fixtures that have gone away from them this term.

Rodgers' tactics have not been very effective this season as the defence has also been lacklustre, but the Northern Irishman's decision to keep the club's most prolific attacker in the calendar year on the bench raises a lot of eyebrows.

It also doesn't help his case that in the past three seasons this is the lowest Leicester have been placed on the table at this point in a campaign.

Iheanacho could have been the difference-maker - like last season
Followers of the club could try to justify his omission from the squad with a number of reasons, but none will take away the fact that he has shown class whenever he is called upon, as he showed again agianst Liverpool as Reds defender Joel Matip struggled to contain the striker.

He remains the Foxes' go-to forward for cup competitions but has also delivered more often than not when called upon in the Premier League.

This season, Iheanacho has recorded six goal contributions (two goals and four assists) from his first 13 Premier League games, despite only completing 90 minutes twice.

Comparing his performances in the Premier League last season and his lack of regular gametime this season, Rodgers and Leicester are in danger of gross underachievement.

With the Nigerian playing more regularly, he could have perhaps offered more in attack that could have seen Leicester in the top-four discussions, as has been the case at this stage of the campaign in recent seasons.

While Ademola Lookman, who replaced Iheanacho against Liverpool on Tuesday, ultimately proved the difference-maker, the latter's interplay with Vardy appeared to get the best out of the latter during their time on the pitch together.

It must be the way forward for the Foxes under Rodgers during the second half of the campaign, once Iheanacho returns from the Africa Cup of Nations.

However it may be, Iheanacho will surely be missed when he leaves the King Power for Cameroon to represent the Super Eagles in January.

4 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
PurpleHouse:

All of your don't know what you're saying. You don't know the meaning of exceptional talent. Not to even talk of the fact that we have a leaking defence. Bassey got every right to have been included if he had been.

He merits it. Or is he not playing weeks in week out for Rangers?

Go and see how Rangers fans are spitiing fire that he'll cage Halaand. Yet we are castigating him here. I don't have favourite players in the SE. Any player that is good, is my favourite. Any player!

Make we dey here dey look when other country go notice am before we go see him value.

Do you know the meaning of the boded? The fact that he starts for Rangers does not make him a exceptional talent.
Education / Re: Were You At Any Time At Remo Secondary School (rss) Sagamu? by 2lola: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2021
Hello,
I attended RSS only for a year though,
2008/2009 session
any one knowns senior Segun the senior prefect then?
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: UEFA Champions League Draw To Be Re-done Following Glitches by 2lola: 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
temi1290:
So in 2013, FIFA changed the rules in the middle of the game just because Ronaldo scored an hatrick against sweden in wcq playoff, not only did they extend the deadline, they also permitted those that already voted to retrieve their vote and make changes if they desire, Ronaldo fucking went trophyless that year as against ribery who won a treble, even on stats,ribery did better but all you motherfuckers have the to say lewandoski was robbed, you are all nothing but an hypocritical bastards.

Statistically Ronaldo was 3X ahead of Ribery even thou they won the treble,
Messi was even 2rd not Ribery,

Messi won the Ballon-do-or in 2012 winning only Copa dey rey, but his individual achievement was superior to other players.

Ronaldo had 3X Ribery goals and just two assist less than him common Ronaldo was better that year.

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Tell me on what ground did Tunde Adelakun use to merit the post of the Super Eagles Chief Scout to share Salary with the coach.

Africa president of Scout does not deserve SE Job?
Even if it came after SE work,

Are you for real or you just like Arguing.
Do you think he will get that position if he was not Qualify?
you have been told he is not even the chief scout
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
humility33:

We not qualifying for the world cup could be a blessing in disguise at least Rohr will be ease off and also Pinnick and his gangs won't get a 3rd term as rumoured. This vultures need to leave our football management

I wonder why you don't want us in the WC just because you don't like Rhor and Pinnick.
A lot of us don't want both but praying both are out at the expense of our WC ticket is not a sign of a good fans

4 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
codemaniacs:

I don't comment in the politics section....

Nigeria is a multi ethnic country and anyone who considers my comments as "tribal talks" is a disaster waiting to happen especially if that person gets to a position where they have to manage people from different ethnicities...

You opinions has a bias view in it with respect to what this thread stands for

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
We no dey go World cup. I go dey repeat everyday as long as Rohr remains the Coach before the final round

Am sure you're not happy we qualified fit the playoffs
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
codemaniacs:

Amuneke will also have to play according to the instructions of the NFF and what part of Nigeria the president is from matters a lot in Nigeria.... Oliseh is also a good coach but he also had to play according to the NFF and that disrupted and disorganized the team coupled with Oliseh's behavior towards the players..

Enough of this your tribal talks.
Go and continue it in the political section
Kindly go to

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
humility33:

Anyone who thinks with both sides of his brain will not exonerate NFF from this mess in some cases

What is this suppose to mean

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Sarki is not good enough to play for Haiti let alone Naija

Now be sincere to yourself ,is Moses Simon and Ahmed Musa Samuel kalu currently better than Nwakaeme on current form since you said the people there are better . Please enlighten me on how you mean better ? Current form or past glory ?

Club wise Moses is better than Nwakeame in the last 3 seasons considering the League they play in place
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
12large1:

Anyone that dribble is an attacking midfielder in you guys village? He is a right winger or support forward at best. Let him prove himself at a decent league and he will be invited

Some thing about national team is that sometimes you invite Exceptionally talented player inrespective of Age, League or experience, it gives time and exposure to better teams,
Cameroon did it with Eto
Rhor did it with Oshimen and Okoye
Germany with Adeyemi
Italy with Moise Keane,

To even think Amoo natural position is a place we lack depth in currently

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2021
zuchyblink:
My point is this, experience is the best teacher.most successful football teams in the world are mainly made up of experience players

Barca 2009, was more of a rookie team except ,Xavi and Puyol

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
edi287:

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think the team played well when that criminal Salisu Yusuf was part of the coaching staff.
Maybe I'm overthinking things...

I was going to say this ever since he has been sacked Rhir tactics has been questionable.

No wonder he supported him then

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
75% of Osimhen's goals in European competitions have come in England.

arsenal readying the 100 million.

God Forbid

8 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:59am On Sep 01, 2021
do4luv14:

You can laugh, it's allowed, the key word is Rare, but it's not rule out, or why do you think some people with fever/typhoid, died,

And even before the vaccine was produced, we had been record low deaths, and high recovery rates,

And don't give me that senseless talk, about our heat, cos to much heat/sun is also a cause for Fever

And from all your >point listed, only 6 is out of place, the rest are symptoms of fever/typhoid

This reason are lame for who ever believe,
I work in a place where I am always expose,
Had people who had it with severe complication, in fact I know someone who died of Covid-19 complications, so doubt at your own risk.

I can measure more than 20 disease that present with Fever and is not malaria or typhoid. Most viral diseases or bacteria infection will always present with fever
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
do4luv14:

I know it's not false, all what you listening are symptoms of typhoid fever, sometin call falciparum, abi how do they called it,

It can be fatal when not treated, and everything you listed are it's symptoms, and I experience such as at 2002,

With the way out healthcare is, and our doctors constantly on strike, while the best of them had fly out, we as a country are not expected to record less victims, nor the high discharge rate,

So what are they not telling us

Don't make me laugh

Anosmia and Aguesia are rare symptoms you will see in Malaria or typhoid if at all you will see it.
With the rate at which people are having both with cough I don't know why you will still think it is false oo.
Basically Covid 19 will present with one or more of
1.Cough
2. Cattarh
3.Sore throat
4. Loss of smell
5. Loss of taste
6. Erectile dysfunction (yes)
7. Joint pain
8. General weakness.

If you have 3 or more of this together it is better you go for the test
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
andrew444:
Good evening ,I trust everyone is good

I lost my first child today after birth ,it hasn’t been easy

Wishing you guys a better week ahead .

Sorry for your loss
May God bring a better time and a child that will bring you Joy

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2021
do4luv14:

Hmm you sure say covid dry Naija,?

Cos our Govt been using it for steady cash out, no Joke

I had my Covid-19 test last Monday after showing symptoms.
It came back positive.
The fact that it did not affect us much dose not mean it is false.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

Some of us here have never been to the core north to see naked and stalked poverty at sway

The Niger Delta region has the 3rd largest oil wells in the world and at the same time the poorest oil producing region in the world

Nigeria is credited to have the highest infant mortality rates in the world, has records of more road crashes than any where else in the world. Over 70% of Nigerians earn less than 1 Dollar per day and thats a large number from a population of 211M people

The standard of living in Nigeria is abysmal it is gross delusional to say Nigeria is doing better than Cape Verde that is wasting no time to even deport nigerians on sight in their country.

To the best of my Knowledge this is false. can you prove it?
Computer Market / Re: All Laptops Motherboard Available In Lagos Nigeria by 2lola: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
Duyo1:

Have you gotten it?

No not yet
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

How? Belgium are an hour later than Nigeria.

At 20:45 over there, what is the explanation for broad day sunlight?

It kind of complicated,
I am writing an article on this will forward it to you when am down

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
Even FIFA Recognise Ndidi as one of the best DM in the game

15 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ppogbae:
Why is it so hard for the team to produce goals under Rohr?

We have never struggle to score goals under Rhor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.