Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

2lola's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2lola's Profile / 2lola's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 8:09pm On May 01, 2023
darkelf:

Mention the word "rest" 100 times and I will not budge

That guy is at least 22 yrs

I have seen 19 yr olds that are from below average homes and they don't look as old as that

Na malnutrition dey worry those boys. They are old men

If you like cry blood, it won't stop me from pointing out old papas in the U-17

And I like the soud of you about to cry

grin grin grin

Were you not loved growing up?

3 Likes 1 Share

Education / Re: Were You At Any Time At Remo Secondary School (rss) Sagamu? by 2lola: 12:53am On Apr 09, 2023
Bvmsson:
Wow.... I graduated in 2013 from RSS. At the time Mr. Sotunde was our principal and his reforms made me a better person today. I guess I'm the only one here that graduated recently....

I love RSS.

Hello,
I attended RSS only for a year though,
2008/2009 session Jss1
Do you known senior Segun the senior prefect then? He was my school father I have been trying to get in touch with him.
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
nairalandankrah:
Victor Osimhen - the world's best No 9 - is driving a feverish club and city on to their first Serie A title in 33 years… the £150m-rated Man United target is a more complete player than Erling Haaland and so good luck prising him away from Napoli! He may not be quite as prolific as Haaland - who is? - but Osimhen is a more complete No 9
Sporting a protective mask after breaking his cheekbone and eye socket in November 2021, the 24-year-old even looks like a superhero.He has 16 goals in 17 Serie A appearances this term but there is so much more to his game. His speed terrifies defenders, as does his strength.

Unlike Haaland, he links play superbly and has developed a deadly understanding with fellow attacker Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, another of Europe's top players this season.

Roaring his team on from sidelines after he had been substituted during a recent win over Roma, Osimhen showed himself to be natural leader. Yet nearly every elite player today craves the challenge of the Premier League. With United and Chelsea badly lacking a No9, it promises to be a busy summer.

One thing is certain: an Osimhen vs Haaland duel would be something to savour.

no be me talk am oooooo, this is according to dailymail....oyibo newspaper
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-11735647/Victor-Osimhen-worlds-best-No-9-driving-Napoli-Serie-title.html

I remember The supernerd, TheGoodjoe and some other members of this thread made the assertion in blue. The criticism and and backlash they received were....
Time will always be the judge of a lot of takes here. Patients.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2023
Some people are just naturally bitter.No matter the success you make they won't be willing to give you your flowere.
They will always look for excuse to drag you down no matter what, looking to say I said it.

Spit🤮🤮🤮

12 Likes 2 Shares

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
benji93:
I knew you would come in. We had this conversation a while ago. grin. Besides why you no go listen first? By accuracy I wasn't even referring to the MRI, I was addressing his point that all our players present correct ages(even the recent ones). I hope you are not trying to be academic about this, but if you are, can you tell us how accurate the system it is? As in, what are the chances a 19-year-old might pass the MRI? What's the uncertainty? Besides some studies indicate maturities differ across races in accordance with TW2 standards. What's the degree of uncertainty? Please present sources too. This article is in good faith. cheesy grin
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2465138/

Kindly read the result of the research this time slowly. The last sentence also highlighted a major diffrence.
The table you posted focused mainly on the variation among race but did not rule � out the efficiency of the scan.

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Congrats to you, please try to post your kits when you get them.
I will surely do that.
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Kog45:
The KFA principal is very easy to access and professor Ibrahim Salawu would do the needful,always love something like this.. When Dr. 2lola is ready he should just pm me here.
I will let you know when am ready sir.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kog45:
Kudos my young doctor.... your last outreach must be around Oke Oyi area.Why not give this one a real publicity since it is coming from two Nigeria internationals.My cadid advice,just try and get in contact with Kwara State commissioner for sport or SSA domestic SOJ.... SSA domestic is a fanatic when it come to football.We have young ones out there in Ilorin stadium who are lacking kits.Respect bro for this your initiatives.
Thank you sir.
The program was in Oke-Ose- Yakuba axis.We got support from the ministry of Health towards and NACA.
I am waiting for the arrival of the kit I will try and get I'm touch with the ministry of Sport to donate some to them and other small football academy around.

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Oya oh

Bassey and Ashleigh have partnered to giveaway kits from previous games. Submit something you've done for family, friends or community this holiday season and stand a chance to get kits. Add video and picture evidence. Don't lie oh grin

Send to givebackeaglegiveaway@gmail.com

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmuTvVuqR9q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Good afternoon Guys I one of the winners for the Calvin and Ashley giveaway.

During the last part of December I led a outreach along with other medical student to give medical education to 3 communities and Kwara state polytechnic. We also gave out flyers, Hand band, keys holders and contraceptives.
Our focus was mainly on Abstinence among youth , HIV/AIDS prevention, avoidance of drug Abuse, healthy lifestyles, and Health Education.

7 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Cecco90:

Wao. We plenty.
I graduated 7 years ago. I wish you Success Doctor.
That a long time.
Thank you Doc.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
Cecco90:

Grew up in Agbo-Oba and schooled at college of medicine (University of Ilorin mini campus) in my 200 & early 300L before we moved to the permanent site around Oke-oyi area. The unilorin staff school currently occupy the mini-campus.
Better by far
Wowshocked,
I' m currently in my clinical years at Oke-oyi now.
Never knew your graduated from here.
Unilorin products kind of dominates here
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2022
Why is zaidu Sanusi absent?
Is he Injured?
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
alhassan is a rookie who is yet to make connections in high places in nigerian football circle

Once he dash few oga at the top money couple of times he will become a mainstay in the super eagles set up cheesy

We all know how these things work in 9ja
Don't you think this your argument is flawed and dead on arrival?
You choosing the part to suit your agenda.
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
I repeat. There is NO good reason why a world class striker should feature for virtually the entirety of a game at such level and not get even a LONE shot on target, talk more of a goal. Just falling and rolling.

It's bad form. Plain and simple. And no player patronage chaser can shut me up.
Lewa and the whole of barca had zero shot on target against Bayern in their second leg at Camp Nou

4 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
what did you say?

Focus on Kano pillars, udoji united, calabar rovers, leventies and el Kanemi warriors to gain more followers on YouTube cus i am a subscriber of your channel and must confess it isn’t doing well at all cheesy
This is one mof the most myopic and se*ns**ss post I have come across on this thread. Is this how low you can go

4 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
Former Super Eagles assistant coach Emmanuel Amuneke opens up on the Eagles failure to qualify for the Qatar 2022 World Cup, what the team lacked against Ghana and lessons learnt from the painful ouster in this interview with JOHNNY EDWARD

How did you feel after the Eagles’ failure to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar?

I’m still trying to overcome the failure. I’m very sad and very disappointed not to have helped the team achieve its aim of qualifying for the World Cup because that was the dream of the technical crew, to help the Eagles qualify. I want to use this opportunity to apologise to Nigerians for the team’s inability to pick the ticket for Qatar. It’s very painful but I believe we will learn from this and become better as a team. I thank the Nigeria Football Federation and the sports minister for the opportunity to serve my fatherland in that capacity.

What was going through your mind when score was level 1-1 between the Eagles and Ghana in Abuja?

A lot of things were on my mind throughout the game, but this is not the best time to lay blame on anybody. We just did not take advantage of the chances and win the game in the second leg in Abuja. This is the time to learn from the mistakes, accept our fate and move on. The Ghanaians came with a plan to defend compactly and wait for any real chance to attack, which happened with that goal they scored in the 11th minute. We knew they were going to defend but we were confident we were going to outscore them with the talents we had. But with the information we had (about Ghana), we needed some personnel to handle some tasks effectively, which did not happen.

Are you saying the Eagles didn’t have the kind of players needed for the kind of system you wanted to adopt?

The head coach (Austin Eguavoen) was in charge of the team and he decided what system and which players fitted into the system. My job was to provide technical assistance, which I did throughout the games in Accra and Abuja. It’s now left to who is in charge to take it or leave it. We have good players in the team in all departments but the team still needs a good passer of the ball from midfield. A player that can create space from our own half with just a pass from quick movements will be the final piece in the Eagles’ jigsaw.

On a personal note, what have you learnt from the Eagles failure to qualify for the World Cup?

As a leader you have to be firm in decision-making after due consultation. The Eagles backroom set up has to change tactically. We need a sound physical trainer and match reader, good video analyst. We lack all these and that’s the truth. Football these days is all about information. The England team have a crew of over 10 coaches who supply information to the head coach (Gareth Southgate) every game they play. We need to help whoever is in charge in all these aspects, going forward, to ensure he succeeds.

Are you saying Austin Eguavoen didn’t get enough help?

I’m talking about myself, not him (Eguavoen). If I have the opportunity again, I will stand firm on what I believe is best for the team. It’s a collective goal because the results will affect us.

What kind of coach do you think the Eagles need now?

They need a very sound and tactical coach with current information for his team to learn from and be better, one who is open to new ideas and system of play and firm on his decision-making.

What do you think was the major reason for the Eagles’ defeat?

We simply did not exploit the spaces in the Ghanaian defence and take our chances when we had them. We lost most of the second ball, didn’t fight enough and basically were blighted by injuries. Innocent Bonke who did well in the first leg missed the second leg due to injury and Frank Onyeka who also came in for the second leg suffered an injury after half time in Abuja. When the Black Stars switched to a back five, we knew about that, we needed someone to sit in front of the defence as a shield and allow Oghenekaro Etebo and Joe Aribo push up forward to make up the numbers in attack with the wingers. After 10 minutes, the Ghanaians replaced their right-back and introduced another defender to make them six, which made it more difficult. We also switched to a back three, bringing on Sadiq Umar towards the end of the game after Odion Ighalo and Ahmed Musa had been introduced but there was no urgency in their play.

Many believe the first leg 0-0 draw in Kumasi was where the Eagles lost the tie. Do you share the same view?

We were very solid in Kumasi defensively, but offensively we did not do much, which was the only low point of the game. The Ghanaians played well and had only one real threat at goal which Francis (Uzoho) parried away. We had chances in Abuja but did not take them. We lost most of the second balls in duels and that made it difficult. We also did not show enough bravery. It was unfortunate that he (Uzoho) conceded that goal in Abuja. These experiences will make him stronger going forward.

Did the team miss midfielder Wilfred Ndidi?

Obviously, we did miss Ndidi a lot but those who stepped in did a good job even if we missed the ticket for the World Cup. He would have helped us a lot in the midfield, which was the strength of the Ghanaians.

Reports say you were not aware of the players’ selection for the play-offs. How true is this?

That’s the truth. Initially, I was not informed but later I was briefed about that. But it won’t be right for me to talk about all that happened behind the scene in public because it is a lesson, and like I said, this is not the time to blame anyone for their lapses but to try and see how this experience will make us better.

If you were in charge of the Eagles, what would you have done differently against the Ghanaians?

Not much of a difference, as my job has always been to help my players develop. I would provide my team with the necessary information to make them better players. I would be open to ideas and constructive criticism, and above all discuss with my team always on our strength and that of our opponents.

The Nigeria Football Federation withdrew the two-and-half-year contract offered you and other backroom officials. Do you think the NFF board members should resign as well?

The contract offered me has not been signed by me yet because there were some issues my lawyer raised. They decided to withdraw it, that’s no problem. The board can only decide that themselves if they want to resign or continue.

There’s this general opinion that Nigerian players born abroad don’t know what it takes to play for Nigeria. What’s your take?[/b]

This is a very sensitive issue that one should be careful about. These players should not be blamed for representing the Eagles. After all, we lured them to come and play for us. As coaches, it’s our job to integrate them gradually into the system so they don’t suffer a backlash from the fans when they don’t play to that level we know they can perform. Calvin Bassey is a good defender who is very strong just as Ademola Lookman is also a quality winger.

How far do you think Africa’s representatives Ghana, Senegal, Algeria, Cameroon and Morocco can go at the World Cup?

It is unfortunate that Nigeria won’t be there in Qatar. But I believe with good preparations, a bit of luck and attention to detail, teams representing Africa can reach the quarter-finals. Senegal and Cameroon, Tunisia, Morocco and Ghana all have good chances to make the continent proud. We will be rooting for the five of them when the tournament starts. Senegal has a good chance to make history and I hope they arrive at the tournament in good shape.

Going forward, what are your immediate plans as a coach?

At the moment, I’m taking my time now to reflect on the World Cup miss and also consider the options I have as well. I hope I get the chance to lead the team again and show Nigerians that indigenous coaches can offer a lot more.
Sports / Where Does Modric Rank Among The Goat Of Midfielder? by 2lola: 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Real Madrid came back from a 4-3 aggregate against Chelsea to win the ties thanks to Luka Modric "Artistry" assist and Benzema's header in extra time.
The Midfielder has been indispensable for Real and at 37 seems not to be slowing down.
Fans have said he sits alongside the like of Xavi,Inesta, Zidane in contention for the GOAT of the centre of play.

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Truidstar:
@JayromWrites and Curtisaxel10...i dey wait una number and network provider...

MTN
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 8:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
Icon4s:

Uzoho is a more tested goalie.
I can hardly think of he conceding the types of cheap goals Okoye is conceding.
Besides, also, he looks more confident in goal.

My greatest fear going into that AFCON was our Goalkeeping department.

What really helped Okoye at the group stage was that our team was way stronger than their opponents and didn't really receive any major goals threat. The only shot that was directed at Okoye all tournament he could not save.
Even if we had scaled through Tunisia I doubt we could have scaled through the next stage.
Look at even the penalty we conceded against Sudan and the way Okoye was mesmerized by the kicker. Na that kine keeper for carry us through Normal penalty shootouts?

I think we are being unfair to Okoye, and we are still relying on what Uzoho has done in the past. Since his long time injury he hasn't gotten to that particular peak he had then while Okoye has gone on to win the Eradivise keeper of the year( by a magazine or so) and got a transfer to EPL say a lot
Okoye might be shaky in the GWG but we have two different coaches who still prefer Okoye to Uzoho, that should tell us how NAD he has decline. Uzoho has only played 13 games this season and we all know how important playing is for a Keeper.
Not saying Okoye has been decent in GWG but thinking Uzoho will be better is not it. The better we accept he is the best among them for now and keep searching for a better Goalkeeper the better

3 Likes

Business / Re: I Won At Bet9ja Today. But I Am Scared by 2lola: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
[size=33pt]Gambling is a brilliant system of taxing people’s greed and foolishness.
[/size]

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 2:21am On Feb 21, 2022
[sup][/sup]
13large:

You didn’t see when he attacked my opinion?
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
Joebie:
grin
How many people today no dey bribe to enter school or to pass courses for university?
it's a way of life.. It will take the people to say we have to start doing things differently for Nigeria to change.
Government cannot do it alone.

I beg to disagree on this statement.

2 Likes

Fashion / Re: Why Are Ladies Wearing Trousers? by 2lola: 12:03am On Jan 23, 2022
omogenaija:
men can wear wateva they want smiley
and i wear trousers/jeans and skirts b/c i like they it looks on me

@ poster
aye ti yi ( life has changed) so i' even surpise @ this topic shocked

content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1642892612868237955464.jpg
Fashion / Re: Hottest Belts Embroided Or Plaid? by 2lola: 12:02am On Jan 23, 2022
carlosonivar can we talk here
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
Subzero047:

You are intentionally hiding information here during their unbeaten run they beat Tunisia, Senegal (twice), Colombia, Nigeria (twice) while their draws included teams like Tunisia and Mexico who were above them at the time of the rankings, they also dispatched minnows like Djibouti, Niger, Botswana and Mauritania with a cumulative score of 37-1 over the course of 3 years which makes it one of the best runs in the world during this period if you show me how they have not managed to be the best in Africa and how Morocco especially had a better run then I would take you seriously

I posted the whole of the unbeaten run and you are still insinuating am hiding information .

I already posted a world known method use in calculating it and how Algeria moved from 67 (13 in Africa) to 29( 2 in Africa ) and you still believe there is a conspiracy against them.

I will also take you serious if you can prove the irregularities involve and they should be rank higher base in the metrics used.

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2022
The Algeria unbeaten run and the matches play.
in Algeria 35 unbeaten run they had 10 draws( 2 friendlies and 8 Qualifiers all against them ranked lower than them)

Interestedly, Algeria were 13th in Africa and 67th in the world before the unbeaten started.
Now they are second in Africa and 29th in the world.

Cc: Subzero

Note: this AFCON matches have not been updated

4 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
The Fifa Ranking and how it is calculated.( Picture 1,2,3)
Literarily a team can calculate the amount of point gained or lost after a game and predict it position before FIFA announces the monthly Ranking.

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
Nwakali has three people looking at him today

1. I told you 1. People waiting to say he is not a SE material

2. I told you 2 People waiting to say this is what we have be missing

3. The Neutrals those waiting to see what he offer.

Hopefully today everyone will decide.
smiley

11 Likes

Food / Re: Mention The Cooking Secrets That You Know by 2lola: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
If you were the one I saw at the teaching hospital, Ilorin today in front of the mosque discussing about our match against Egypt, identify yourself grin.
I am very sure the person visit this thread with what he was saying.

7 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Subzero047:

He is a bastard

Am not surprise
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
Subzero047:

The man should just retire sef, Mtweew

You should admit you were wrong to use the word you used earlier

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.