Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help (3401 Views)

I Am Lonely In America / I'm Damm Frustrated And Confused / What Can Someone Do To Make A Man Sad And Depressed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by dupsil(f): 12:13am On Mar 20, 2016
Am not much of a people person, i love to be on my own, i would not describe myself as a quiet person, more like someone with mood swings and most times i just want to be alone. i av just 2 close friends that i talk to about everything and they've bin quiet helpful in the ways they can, I am not close to my family members at all due to the way in which i was brought up so we don't speak much on personal issues or things am going through.
Just got out of a very bad breakup that shook me up so bad and have not been able to move past it, am in my finals in the university, just finished my first semester exams and it was so hard for me to focus and read for the exams but i was able to scale through the exam period. we are on semester break now and i have lot of assignment and project to focus on but its so hard for me to do anything meaningful this days. i just lie in alone all day doing nothing, i feel so weak, alone and depressed. i feel lost, scared, worried. Things aren't working the way i had imagined and hoped for, am 22 years old, i don't av a special talent, no skill am interested in and then this education i took serious so i could confidently say am good in something doesn't seems to be working out because am going to graduate with a 2nd class lower. i feel like i don't fit in anywhere, at my age i should have plans, goals and target for the future but i don't and i don't know how to go about it. Pls i need mature advise on what to do.

3 Likes

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Topestbilly(m): 12:21am On Mar 20, 2016
Aiit... I will get back to you when I wake up...

Edited...

According to your post you're fully aware of your predicament which is a every good thing.

Just work in the opposite direction of these challenges.

* the family affair ( try closing that gap a bit)

* appreciate life more.

* add up few matured friends and stop telling your friends everything about u.

* don't rush into another relationship, take your time cos u'v got al d time u needed.

* don't feel sorry or regretful about yourself.

* try to acquire a skill maybe after ur NYSC ( u ar not too old)

Goodluck!!!
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by sephryneyo(m): 12:23am On Mar 20, 2016
same here gal

1 Like

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 20, 2016
How may we help you now?
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by femidejulius(m): 12:42am On Mar 20, 2016
You need to forget about that break up and focus on ur lyf.U r just 22. U t most likely goin to experience some few more break ups later.U are graduating wt 2:2 dosent mean ur lyf isnt goin to b beta dan lots wt 2:1 or first class. Stop thinkin too much.If u deserve anything,it is to b api.Lyf is too short.Dont let anything deprive u ur joy. Start making new friends. Learn something new as soon as u can;a handiwork to keep u engaged afta sch is beta. Learn cake making,fashion design,hairdressing etc. U may also start a small scale biz.....and get into another relationship soon too.It dosent need to work.Just enjoy it while it last.
Good morning.

4 Likes

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:44am On Mar 20, 2016
Being depressed, frustrated will not change ur present condition, dnt let ur school grades disturb u, Hold onto d word of God and believe that God has a special purpose for ur life. God will not give u a load too heavy for u to carry.

First thing first, concentrate and graduate, even with a second class lower, u can still make positive impact in ur life and world..Believe in urself, dnt cry over a broken relationship cus it was never meant to be. Convince urself that u deserve better that's why it never worked out.

Above all. Pray at all time, dnt lazy arnd, when u feel depressed, say a short prayer and believe that ur prayers are already answered. Its well

2 Likes

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by crismark(m): 1:14am On Mar 20, 2016
dnt worry jst be hapi,,,,,,dere is God
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Heshei: 1:16am On Mar 20, 2016
Precious Dupsil ... I believe you are at a stage where you really need encouragement. Even as a guy I have been there too.

Healing takes time ..but evidently that's what you lack or don't have much right now. I suggest you spend more time in listening to encouraging songs with lovely lyrics. Sometimes you just have to speak victory during that test ...Speak over yourself, Encourage yourself in the lord.

My recent post maybe handy to you at this point.

3 Likes

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Rexnegro(m): 1:30am On Mar 20, 2016
dupsil:
Am not much of a people person, i love to be on my own, i would not describe myself as a quiet person, more like someone with mood swings and most times i just want to be alone. i av just 2 close friends that i talk to about everything and they've bin quiet helpful in the ways they can, I am not close to my family members at all due to the way in which i was brought up so we don't speak much on personal issues or things am going through.
Just got out of a very bad breakup that shook me up so bad and have not been able to move past it, am in my finals in the university, just finished my first semester exams and it was so hard for me to focus and read for the exams but i was able to scale through the exam period. we are on semester break now and i have lot of assignment and project to focus on but its so hard for me to do anything meaningful this days. i just lie in alone all day doing nothing, i feel so weak, alone and depressed. i feel lost, scared, worried. Things aren't working the way i had imagined and hoped for, am 22 years old, i don't av a special talent, no skill am interested in and then this education i took serious so i could confidently say am good in something doesn't seems to be working out because am going to graduate with a 2nd class lower. i feel like i don't fit in anywhere, at my age i should have plans, goals and target for the future but i don't and i don't know how to go about it. Pls i need mature advise on what to do.
believe me You having 2,2 isn't that bad ...I came out with 3rd class cos I was playing football alongside professionally....tot I Could balance The two but I cudnt..left football when my trip to play in UK didn't materialised....today I run my own biz registered with CAC. I need to Say all This for You to See That your issue is Notin at all....now try to finish wit 2.1 but if You can't 2,2 is still cool. we in a con3 That if You no men of importance with just a call You can be employed....make sure wen You go to service try to spend wisely so You can save for The raining days. with The savings You can start a small biz...also You can learn a skills preferably skills That men dominate. You did ve a lot of customers cos You re a female. now as per You Been lonely , defined What You want first , if it's relationship then Be more careful who You gonna share Your emotions with This time around. above all be prayerful, askk God for directions. #goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Synzu(m): 1:53am On Mar 20, 2016
Look on the bright side, you're still young and almost a graduate! You still got your whole life ahead of you so why not make it count for something?? Make friends, make money or even if you want, have some bomb sex! Basically, enjoy life and you'll see how rewarding it is to "not" be depressed.

I hope I helped.

2 Likes

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Jadekitana2(f): 4:19am On Mar 20, 2016
focus girl, FOCUS!
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 20, 2016
Now that is a bad mixture of feelings. Things wont always be this way because it is just a phase and it will pass away with time. Stay optimistic,you can do this,girl!
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by ehix89(m): 5:53am On Mar 20, 2016
dupsil:
dis is quite deep,,,i used to be like yhu until I discovered I wassnt enjoyn life, throw sum caution to d wind, have a free spirit & ultimately live life to the fullest....... Come to think of it u'r jzt 22
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by firstking01(m): 6:44am On Mar 20, 2016
dupsil:
That's just the problem with most of us today's youthundecided...even when all we ever needed to succeed in life is in our hands, we will still be looking outside turning and stretching our neck up and down looking for someone who will come motivate or encourage us...my sister, there's nothing wrong with you, as far as i'm concerned you have just one problem....SELF BELIEVEundecided...truth be told you lack self motivation....the best and easiest way to go foreward in life is to always beat your chest and say to yourself by caling your name, i can make itundecided...

You already have something in your hands to thankGod for, i dnt know what else you are crying for...there are lots of people out there who you are better of than, and here you are crying foul for nothing, smhundecided...

What has really kept me strong and going in life is self motivation, i dnt need anybody to tell me i can make itundecided, i'm a strong guy, nothing discourages me in life, i can adjust to changes in any kinda weather and succeed, i implore you to do the same my sister.

And you said something about not having talent, you make God look like a liar hereundecided...God dropped a unique talent inside of everyone of us, your problem is, you haven't realised who you really are and what you have passion for in life cool...

Go and prosper in life and stop complaining cos if you dnt rise up and help yourself nobody will help you in life.

Goodluck and happy sunday y'all...

2 Likes

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by afroditte(f): 6:52am On Mar 20, 2016
Force yourself to be strong. Don't give in to those depressed feelings. You can choose what you want to feel and if you choose to be happy, you will be.
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by daewoorazer(m): 7:45am On Mar 20, 2016
I av no epistle 4 u...u go thru ds coz ntn kips u busy...cntact m at my signatur so w can discuss hw u'd learn a skil and mak manie bro!
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by jamalchance(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2016
Wow .... U are almost a female version of me
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by chybykee(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2016
Hey, ion believe you got nothing good at. You were born unique and outstanding. You broke cos something amazing is coming (know that). Pick yourself up, it ain't late. push hard and above all FOCUS. wish you luck.
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by olac21(m): 8:19am On Mar 20, 2016
Was it that same guy you met in your I T office?am sorry,but with time I think you will get over it(everyone with his/her cross.)
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by SkinnyDude(m): 8:29am On Mar 20, 2016
where do you reside?
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by fibial: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2016
The earlier u get yourself together the better before you start having high blood pressure and suicidal thoughts @ 22... I think you should relax and be focus,you can't force the hands of time,just keep believing and of course you can learn something new @ 22.

1 Like

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by modextus(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2016
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by modextus(m): 8:53am On Mar 20, 2016
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by modextus(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2016
Not entirely same with me though... But i understand just exactly how you feel.. I feel same way... And guess what we're almost of same age "I'm 21"... Spoke to a more advanced friend(married, in his mid thirties) about how I've been fairing. He told me he went through same when he was about my age... Its just a phase of life we must all go through . You'll get through it trust me..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by modextus(m): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2016
firstking01 Thanks a bunch... You also spoke to me there.
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Urine: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2016
dupsil:
Just got out of a very bad breakup that shook me up so bad and have not been able to move past it, am in my finals in the university, just finished my first semester exams and it was so hard for me to focus and read for the exams but i was able to scale through the exam period. we are on semester break now and i have lot of assignment and project to focus on but its so hard for me to do anything meaningful this days. i just lie in alone all day doing nothing, i feel so weak, alone and depressed. i feel lost, scared, worried. Things aren't working the way i had imagined and hoped for, am 22 years old, i don't av a special talent, no skill am interested in and then this education itook serious so i could confidently say am good in something doesn't seems to be working out because am going to graduate with a 2nd class lower. i feel like i don't fit in anywhere, at my age i should have plans, goals and target for the future but i don't and i don't know how to go about it. Pls i need mature advise on what to do.

Hey! Don't be too harsh on yourself. We've all been there! If you don't have any special skill, the next thing to do is to learn, every human being that has a skill today wasn't born with it. What do you love doing? What are the things you love to do and you can gladly do for free?
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by dangervu(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2016
dupsil:

Can I be your friend,what area do you reside!
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by obynaDmob(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2016
dupsil:

Ask yourself if u wud feel any better if u were to graduate with a first class..The issue then would be first class without any major accomplishment or feeling u shouldnt be were u are at the moment..self believe is not easy to make happen.. But its a step in the right direction!
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by Odunharry(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2016
dupsil if you feeling depressed there are people around you can talk to or simply take note of what other posters have said..

What I will tell you is try as much as possible to move on with yr life..honestly it's never easy for some people to get over a break up easily but I kn with time you will be fine.
Focus on urself and try build a rapport with family members, mingle with people and go out and we know ladies atimes rush into relationship after break up. Don't rush into a relationship for now and importantly make sure you are happy.

Start by asking questions or doing something for any of ur sibling, you can go out with them once a while, eat from same plate with them, watch movies at home together etc
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by firstking01(m): 11:54am On Mar 20, 2016
modextus:
firstking01 Thanks a bunch... You also spoke to me there.
yua welcome
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by mrking3(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
I will comment later
Re: Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help by TIDDOLL(m): 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
A depressive state of mind can only bring about self destruction,Think about all the good things in life bae...and uv got talent..jst waiting to be discovered, Try and read motivational books, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN YOUR WORLD. nd definitely not a failure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Take:joint Account Or Joined Wahala? / Guys I Need A Sincere Answer To This (photo) / Yari To Weds Zahra, Finally (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.