Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,069 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

I Am Lonely In America - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Lonely In America (4870 Views)

Nigerian Men And Women Are Sexually Frustrated And Lonely In America And Canada / Many Ladies Are Lonely In Europe / I Am Lonely And I Need A Boyfriend – Nigerian Lady Took To Her Facebook Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Lonely In America by 2Banty: 7:00am On Apr 15, 2018
Hey Nairalanders,

I have been in the US for some months now and I am in a white dominated state still figuring out the culture and way of life et al. I need help in making friends with these folks here because it’s a very different lifestyle from home.

Please for those who have experience and are living or have lived in the US, how do I make friends here? Thank you very much
Re: I Am Lonely In America by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 15, 2018
Get me a first class ticket and accommodation let me come and join you

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Lonely In America by delishpot: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2018
If you are there legally try to volunteer or attend social gatherings. That way people get to meet you and know your personality. It will jelp you meet like minds and maybe develop friendships

15 Likes

Re: I Am Lonely In America by 2Banty: 7:05am On Apr 15, 2018
delishpot:
If you are there legally try to volunteer or attend social gatherings. That way people get to meet you and know your personality. It will jelp you meet like minds and maybe develop friendships

Thank you. I try my best to attend social events and I try to make small chats but it always leads to making acquaintances and not real friendship. I don’t get sincerely.
Re: I Am Lonely In America by delishpot: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2018
2Banty:

Thank you. I try my best to attend social events and I try to make small chats but it always leads to making acquaintances and not real friendship. I don’t get sincerely.

Well, look for foreigners club. Most are available on FB. Locate any such group in your locality and join in if available. People need time to get to know you na. They may need more getting to know ya before they consider you a friend. Since they are aquaintances check to see everyonce in a while if they are available for some meet up

1 Like

Re: I Am Lonely In America by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 15, 2018
Try get a job, that's the first way to start interaction.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Lonely In America by inkon: 7:30am On Apr 15, 2018
While it's good to mingle with people and make new friends, you must bear in mind that not every friend is worth it. Be careful not to hop into those that will land you into trouble.

That said, try not to overdo anything, lest it becomes encroachment.

You are in a new environment and perhaps, need to learn one or two things.

Now that making new friends seems urgent, I would like to build my advice around your purpose of being there, if you don't mind, that is.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Lonely In America by Nedfed(m): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2018
Bros i'll advise u stay calm for now
Neva be @ rush
With time u'll get all the popularity u need with cash dats if u're not the lazy type.
Best of luck

8 Likes

Re: I Am Lonely In America by Stemkay: 7:35am On Apr 15, 2018
Try to engage ursef in sport activities. That's the best way.
Re: I Am Lonely In America by success2001: 7:44am On Apr 15, 2018
Nedfed:
Neva be @ rush
With time u'll get all the popularity u need with cash dats if u're not the lazy type.
Best of luck
I'm sure he's a lazy type
SMH
Re: I Am Lonely In America by Kobicove(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2018
Are you there on a short training program or on a permanent basis?
Re: I Am Lonely In America by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 15, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Lolz ma nigga cheesy.
Re: I Am Lonely In America by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2018
2Banty:

Few months and you are lonely??
Re: I Am Lonely In America by romme2u: 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2018
undecided

if you are legit...........join fitness club or gym house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Lonely In America by 2Banty: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Few months and you are lonely??

Well it will be one year by August.
Re: I Am Lonely In America by 2Banty: 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
Nedfed:
Neva be @ rush
Best of luck

Thank you emu have for the advice.
Good morning
Re: I Am Lonely In America by 2Banty: 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
romme2u:
undecided

if you are legit...........join fitness club or gym house

I do this but it seems na all man for himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Lonely In America by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
Come to nairaland. D best platform to kill boredom and depression

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Lonely In America by Opentokwowledge: 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
What are you there for? Studies?
Re: I Am Lonely In America by myself13: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2018
Re: I Am Lonely In America by myself13: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2018
Re: I Am Lonely In America by myself13: 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
First off, USA is not a country "so dominated by whites" as you made it look like. Matter-of-factly, it's a home for all people of the world. If you find it difficult making friends over there, I just wonder what manner of man you are putting into consideration the high number of blacks we have over there.Identify with your people just like you do at home.Most whites come across to be snobbish and I assume you aren't expecting an embracing attitude from them. Attend social functions, get talking with people...you would make friends eventually..not forgetting that people don't warm up to strangers that easily. True and valuable friendship isn't made in a day. I believe your main purpose of travelling to US cant just be to make friends? Don't you have friends before? It doesn't make sense to me. There are other profitable ventures you can commit yourself into other than mere making of friends.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Lonely In America by EarthXmetahuman: 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
Join the gym
Re: I Am Lonely In America by deor03(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
Shouldn't be difficult if you are legal, and you work/school

In the alternative, check craigslist ( be safety conscious though) for happenings in your city. Download and join all social media app( especially location based apps) ( Tinder, IG, Snapchat, Badoo etc)
Re: I Am Lonely In America by Enoma222(m): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
2Banty:
Hey Nairalanders,

I have been in the US for some months now and I am in a white dominated state still figuring out the culture and way of life et al. I need help in making friends with these folks here because it’s a very different lifestyle from home.

Please for those who have experience and are living or have lived in the US, how do I make friends here? Thank you very much

US is a friendly country all you need now is to be your self they areu watching you nah...that because you are new to the area and dis white guys need trust so calm down .......for me o it seen you are not dat social just saying
Re: I Am Lonely In America by HeWrites(m): 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
FortifiedCity:

Mah Nigga cheesy
Re: I Am Lonely In America by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2018

You Want Nigerians to Tell You How To Make American Friends...

Are You Well

6 Likes

Re: I Am Lonely In America by don4real18(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
Visit the bar or the gym
Re: I Am Lonely In America by BoyHuncho(m): 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
oh well..
Re: I Am Lonely In America by Burgerlomo: 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
2Banty:
Hey Nairalanders,

Attend Church or Mosque cool
Re: I Am Lonely In America by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
myself13:
First off, USA is not a country "so dominated by whites" as you made it look like. Matter-of-factly, it's a home for all people of the world. If you find it difficult making friends over there, I just wonder what manner of man you are putting into consideration the high number of blacks we have over their.Identify with your people just like you do at home.Most whites come across to be snobbish and I assume you aren't expecting an embracing attitude from them. Attend social functions, get talking with people...you would make friends eventually..not forgetting that people don't warm up to strangers that easily. True and valuable friendship isn't made in a day. I believe your main purpose of travelling to US cant just be to make friends? Don't you have friends before? It doesn't make sense to me. There are other profitable ventures you can commit yourself into other than mere making of friends.

Since you are not even in the USA, dont write the op off. Alot of people i know who travelled out to America didnt find it funny as regards having friends and all except you have an extended family over there who you relate with very well. Life there is obviously different from here likewise the people and their lifestyle. If you are the type that is the extrovert type over here may not find it easy at first over there as you will find it boring but this will improve with time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You Saw This Movie? / How I Started Sleeping With My Twin Sister (no Insults Pls) / Why Yoruba women are the best in sex yes or no

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.