Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! (10008 Views)

Christians In Yorubaland Deserve What Is Happening To Them. / Femi Fani-kayode Slams Osinbajo Over Silence On Killing Of Christians.. / BREAKING News:ongoing Trouble In Benin City,, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
sbaks:
nope! still there. Anytime I'm coming from kano to abuja, I see it. Its even a central mosque sef
wow! I remember. That's far away from gonigora- that's before or after toll-gate. I once prayed there. Goningora is a hotbed too, u can't have a mosque there.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
Caseless:
wow! I remember. That's far away from gonigora- that's before or after toll-gate. I once prayed there. Goningora is a hotbed too, u can't have a mosque there.
before toll gate yes. If it was gonin-gora Kaduna for scatter. BTW there is no mosque in romi o. Unless inside kadpoly school. Unless you are referring to the one along Halima bus stop or by SABO express
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mehn @caseless north used to be sweet if not for religion that scattered it (especially kano)
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 12:04am On Mar 21, 2016
sbaks:
before toll gate yes. If it was gonin-gora Kaduna for scatter. BTW there is no mosque in romi o. Unless inside kadpoly school. Unless you are referring to the one along Halima bus stop or by SABO express
I didn't say there's one in romi, I made reference to the one in poly campus.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
I didn't say there's one in romi, I made reference to the one in poly campus.
ok
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 12:08am On Mar 21, 2016
sbaks:
Mehn @caseless north used to be sweet if not for religion that scattered it (especially kano)
religion is our problem in this country. If you follow the Nigerian style of practicing religion, you'd hate religion.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
religion is our problem in this country. If you follow the Nigerian style of practicing religion, you'd hate religion.
true talk! I just think we at the grass root need to just throw away sentiments! It hasn't helped us and it never will. We all are guilty of this and we must all change or else? Nigeria can't get any better. The negative effect is on we the masses especially
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by ishayaauta(m): 12:15am On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
check again. That was not my post. I didn't say new churches are springing up in kaduna.
aiit mi bad apology
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by lindabon: 12:16am On Mar 21, 2016
HomesOfLife:
BREAKING NEWS

El-Rufai is just a litmus paper if Christians all over don't rise up against this terrible persecution no matter the lies and hypocrisy that El-Rufai is using to garnish his evil agenda, then other APC governors are waiting to follow suit.

Help share this with as many Christians and Christian bodies you know. We must employ all spiritual and legal means at our disposal to stop this evil;
no matter the lies that El-Rufai will hide under.

This statement, will it not inspire religious intolerance among the Christians themselves? Why should just the "Christians" be the ones to rise up against persecution of Christians? What we need in Nigeria is a unifying approach to injustice. This should not be an "Us Vs Them" call. Instead, lets call on all Nigerians of all faith to rise up when anyone is unjustly persecuted because of their religious belief. We should learn to live together and appreciate our differences and rise up against anyone that threatens our unity.

Also, Most predominantly Christian communities in Nigeria, will tear there skin off if they hear that a Mosque is to be built in their community. Christians can be easily guilty of the same crime they accuse others of committing. We should learn to stand together and keep our differences aside before we allow our hatred for each other to completely consume us all. Nigeria belongs to all of US!
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 12:19am On Mar 21, 2016
sbaks:
true talk! I just think we at the grass root need to just throw away sentiments! It hasn't helped us and it never will. We all are guilty of this and we must all change or else? Nigeria can't get any better. The negative effect is on we the masses especially
instead of us to practice what we preach, we act on the contrary. Religion hasn't helped us. The godly are mostly the problem the world is facing today.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
instead of us to practice what we preach, we act on the contrary. Religion hasn't helped us. The godly are mostly the problem the world is facing today.
exactly bro. I thought I was the only one thinking of this? See deep down we love ourselves but religion is just taking us just toooooo farther from each other which is rather unfair?
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 12:34am On Mar 21, 2016
lindabon:

This statement, will it not inspire religious intolerance among the Christians themselves? Why should just the "Christians" be the ones to rise up against persecution of Christians? What we need in Nigeria is a unifying approach to injustice. This should not be an "Us Vs Them" call. Instead, lets call on all Nigerians of all faith to rise up when anyone is unjustly persecuted because of their religious belief. We should learn to live together and appreciate our differences and rise up against anyone that threatens our unity.

Also, Most predominantly Christian communities in Nigeria, will tear there skin off if they hear that a Mosque is to be built in their community. Christians can be easily guilty of the same crime they accuse others of committing. We should learn to stand together and keep our differences aside before we allow our hatred for each other to completely consume us all. Nigeria belongs to all of US!
don't mind the op , he's been mischievous and shallow. If this is about their faith, then on what basis was zazzaki's house and Shiite hqtr in zaria pulled down. I'm in a place where we have been pushed down each time we thought of erecting a mosque.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 21, 2016
@caseless religion has really destroyed than build. There are some questions about our religions we dare not ask (even though they seem unfair). I think we need to start asking them in other for us to move forward. I mean it makes no sense killing ourselves instead of repairing our country. Go to Europe, nobody cares if you are Hausa muslim or yoruba christianetc. So long you carry the green passport, and you're black especially, nothing wey you go do o. Even in Ghana backyard, they treat Nigerians anyhow, only for Nigerians to come back home and fight over religion. We all need to start cutting our excesses on this religion thing. Clerics who insist on violence should be dealt with all over. Let's just try. We all suffer this thing. Sometimes of a truth I pity hausas in southern Nigeria and non hausas in the north. Please this shouldn't be. We all need to be bold enough to start asking questions about our religions and religious beliefs especially. After all, times have changed. Certain nonsense as stoning and crucifixion cannot occur again (or occur less) thanks to technology
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 21, 2016
@caseless the truth is that we all need ourselves. I mean from the IBO electronic and okrika seller in kano, to the mai suya, me jaran kaya, okada Hausa man in the south, to the Yoruba restaurant woman, we all need ourselves. I remember a day where I couldn't see an Hausa okada man due to riot where I was. I felt it "greatly" as they were quite honest. Then why the fight?
Let's stop buying to all these nonsense propaganda making us hate each other even more. When we keep hating each other, how will it save us from the economic crisis we are facing?
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 6:53am On Mar 21, 2016
sbaks:
exactly bro. I thought I was the only one thinking of this? See deep down we love ourselves but religion is just taking us just toooooo farther from each other which is rather unfair?
all the childhood friends are gone because of partition created by religion and its attendant crisis. Goodmorning!
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 7:08am On Mar 21, 2016
sbaks:
@caseless religion has really destroyed than build. There are some questions about our religions we dare not ask (even though they seem unfair). I think we need to start asking them in other for us to move forward. I mean it makes no sense killing ourselves instead of repairing our country. Go to Europe, nobody cares if you are Hausa muslim or yoruba christianetc. So long you carry the green passport, and you're black especially, nothing wey you go do o. Even in Ghana backyard, they treat Nigerians anyhow, only for Nigerians to come back home and fight over religion. We all need to start cutting our excesses on this religion thing. Clerics who insist on violence should be dealt with all over. Let's just try. We all suffer this thing. Sometimes of a truth I pity hausas in southern Nigeria and non hausas in the north. Please this shouldn't be. We all need to be bold enough to start asking questions about our religions and religious beliefs especially. After all, times have changed. Certain nonsense as stoning and crucifixion cannot occur again (or occur less) thanks to technology
I'm always in pain whenever I think of how hostile we have become towards each other just because of religion. That has eroded every other values we could have as a people. People now play God and trying to tell him how he should have created us abd the world; maybe the world should be made purely of islam or Christianity because this is what our hostility infers. We were all born into our various religion- no one went out of his way to research anything about the other religions, but we grow up to condemn anybody that does not belong to our religion. If God doesn't want the mixture we currently have , why did he make it so? My religion preaches peace and tolerance, but it's unfortunate that some bad adherents are the ones giving us the image we currently carry. Most religious Nigerians are too shallow!
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Caseless: 7:12am On Mar 21, 2016
sbaks:
@caseless the truth is that we all need ourselves. I mean from the IBO electronic and okrika seller in kano, to the mai suya, me jaran kaya, okada Hausa man in the south, to the Yoruba restaurant woman, we all need ourselves. I remember a day where I couldn't see an Hausa okada man due to riot where I was. I felt it "greatly" as they were quite honest. Then why the fight?
Let's stop buying to all these nonsense propaganda making us hate each other even more. When we keep hating each other, how will it save us from the economic crisis we are facing?
the propaganda has succeeded except we change pur ways. Let's push religion as prescribed in Nigeria to the corner and bring its good teachings to the center.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by FiftyFifty(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=Toniwirelex post=43949436]"compete with Abuja"
dis phrase alone has shown how juvenile u are.....
Next time try not to comment in cases like dis where grown-ups are making meaningful contributions...[/quote

It seems this swaggering, incompetent, brainless baboon is provoked for no reason. Let me reiterate it unequivocally here dt in 4 years time, Kaduna, will compete with Abuja in many areas. If u are still not comfortable with d statement go & hug d nearest live transformer. Balderdash.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
all the childhood friends are gone because of partition created by religion and its attendant crisis. Goodmorning!
good morning bro. All my best friends were the hausas. I miss that lovely childhood experience. Some are still with me but the boundary called "religion" won't allow us love and trust each other 100% even though deep down in our hearts we love each other
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
I'm always in pain whenever I think of how hostile we have become towards each other just because of religion. That has eroded every other values we could have as a people. People now play God and trying to tell him how he should have created us abd the world; maybe the world should be made purely of islam or Christianity because this is what our hostility infers. We were all born into our various religion- no one went out of his way to research anything about the other religions, but we grow up to condemn anybody that does not belong to our religion. If God doesn't want the mixture we currently have , why did he make it so? My religion preaches peace and tolerance, but it's unfortunate that some bad adherents are the ones giving us the image we currently carry. Most religious Nigerians are too shallow!
so true my brother. Our clerics have not been encouraging as they preach 100% hate. I just wonder. I remember I was going to see a Hausa friend of mine recently and I was warned to be careful. This is a guy I know is very good. That was when i knew the whole religion thing is just barrier to love. I got tired of religion instantly. I got to his place and he was happy to see me but some of his people were not happy to see me as such (his mai guardi for that matter). Religion has done us more harm than good. How can I hate my fellow Nigerian because of religion? Why should I prefer to take the life of my brother (even though its against my wish) just to satisfy my religion. Isn't that gross stupidity? I can't count the number of hausa people I have helped in life and still helping (despite my then bigotry) and I can't count the number of hausas that have helped me in return. I so regret some actions of mine because of religion. Religion can just make you lose your helpers and good friends in life honestly
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
the propaganda has succeeded except we change pur ways. Let's push religion as prescribed in Nigeria to the corner and bring its good teachings to the center.
honestly
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 21, 2016
@caseless sometimes when I do certain things that may not really suit my friends even though unintentionally, they ask me, "is it because we are Muslims?" Its so touching and embarrassing honestly
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by lawrsmith(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2016
acenazt:
they went and bought land belonging to kaduna polytechnic. El rufai is only doing what's right. They were warned long before he came into power. That was during Namadi's tenure as governor. But fools will for ever remain fools. Knowing fully well they were purchasing gov't property they still went ahead and build with the knowledge that one day they might regret. My very own mom almost bought two plots but she was warned and she heeded.
agents of Negative change must have some thing to say in order to defend their myopic leaders?
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
@caseless, sometimes when my friends (some though) who are Muslims see their fellow Muslim friends, they cut me off with style. Not that they want to but because they fear persecution from their fellow Muslim brothers. Those days I got offended but not now. These are people who have not even been good friends to my friends. One of my friend told me what his people did to him. It was just evident that i was the only one he could turn to. (It has to do with sexuality issue I guess). He loves me so much but whenever he sees his people, he ignores me (he sometimes apologises later but I understand). Another told me how he is been persecuted by his people because of his non-fanatical stand on islam. He schooled abroad and saw the way things were been done in the developed world. His people hate him because he is the liberal type. Its the same thing with Christianity as my people will straight tag you as an unbeliever and a sell out for hanging out with muslims. Their own sef is worse as they will never trust you again, never buy goods from you, and do meetings behind you because they'd assume you will hint their enemies "the Muslims". Religion has scattered us
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by fragrant(f): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
Caseless:
don't mind him. There are just 2 mosques in barnawa , a few in kakuri, nasarawa , tirkania . Sabo , television(except within the garage) , romi, poly (by-pass) , mararaba rido and above areas are all without mosques . Though, you have within the refinery.
I like sincere people but it seems its a trait you do not possess, instead of speaking lies its better you kip mute. Only in Barnawa market area hw many mosques, den afta 1st bank, Uganda, locost, Highcost junction, shsgsri, barnawa gra, You see Christian dominated areas are peace loving can are in d habit of living in peace with anybody regardless of tribe or religion.
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
fragrant:
I like sincere people but it seems its a trait you do not possess, instead of speaking lies its better you kip mute. Only in Barnawa market area hw many mosques, den afta 1st bank, Uganda, locost, Highcost junction, shsgsri, barnawa gra, You see Christian dominated areas are peace loving can are in d habit of living in peace with anybody regardless of tribe or religion.
truth be told, there are good Muslims and good Christians as well. I stayed in kano so I know what I'm saying. I think education has to play in here as southerners are more educated some how. My sister, barnawa is mixed. Truth be told, a Muslim cannot stay in gonin-gora or u/romi. The boys there are "crazier" than tudun wada boys. No mosque whatsoever. We all are just intolerant.
Politicians too have played their role in the dis unity as they have bribed clerics and some youths to preach or act hate. They know if we are united, we will know they are evil, then overthrow them, so they will rather pay tithes to the big-Time clerics or build gigantic mosques with a fanatic imam to preach hate and disunity. I remember when I visited Kaduna last. An imam was preaching hate right to my hearing. I was not happy at all at all. He knew fully well there were Christians and of course it was barnawa.
We all have just allowed our religions to blind us. We just need to drop this thing called religion to move forward. Check my posts and topics, you will find out that I've been a first hand "fanatic". My eyes are opened now. So many Muslims as well know the truth but are scared to be called "arnas" and fear persecution. So also Christians. We know this thing. Not all are bad. I know of some trouble making Muslims YES but not all are trouble making. If you check the lives of the trouble making, you will find out nothing goes well for them. This is because they must have fought people who are supposed to help them in life. Same too for christians
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
Listen if you are a Muslim or Christian and you want to succeed in life, you will need to drop hate. Even if its preached under your nose, never accept it. Take it or leave it you "must always" need a person from the other side of your religion or tribe to help you in life. "Always" even if you haven't seen them, you "MUST" see them. Its that real. We all need each other. Have you wondered the way nigeriens come into katsina, kano to cheat people? Yet they are Muslims. But they love themselves and cooperate. In Saudi, Nigerians are treated with contempt. So also in Israel. Racism is real. Nobody wants to know if you are practising the same religion with them. They protect their citizens well and "always" prefer their citizens to you (even though they may not practice their own religion) so why are we this foolish? Why do we have to kill each other even when the roots of our both religion rejects us? We all have been so foolish thanks to our religious extremism
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
Sbaks and caseless religion is the opium of the masses. It has made people stupid. I have long thrown away religion

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by fragrant(f): 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2016
sbaks:
truth be told, there are good Muslims and good Christians as well. I stayed in kano so I know what I'm saying. I think education has to play in here as southerners are more educated some how. My sister, barnawa is mixed. Truth be told, a Muslim cannot stay in gonin-gora or u/romi. The boys there are "crazier" than tudun wada boys. No mosque whatsoever. We all are just intolerant.
Politicians too have played their role in the dis unity as they have bribed clerics and some youths to preach or act hate. They know if we are united, we will know they are evil, then overthrow them, so they will rather pay tithes to the big-Time clerics or build gigantic mosques with a fanatic imam to preach hate and disunity. I remember when I visited Kaduna last. An imam was preaching hate right to my hearing. I was not happy at all at all. He knew fully well there were Christians and of course it was barnawa.
We all have just allowed our religions to blind us. We just need to drop this thing called religion to move forward. Check my posts and topics, you will find out that I've been a first hand "fanatic". My eyes are opened now. So many Muslims as well know the truth but are scared to be called "arnas" and fear persecution. So also Christians. We know this thing. Not all are bad. I know of some trouble making Muslims YES but not all are trouble making. If you check the lives of the trouble making, you will find out nothing goes well for them. This is because they must have fought people who are supposed to help them in life. Same too for christians
. Oga I only speak the truth nd side the truth, you will not hear me insult pipu coz of religion. Yes I'm a follower of Christ, 2 very close friends are Muslims nd we relate well but its some fanatics dat give Some Muslims bad name, All I'm telling dat OGA is dat he shld get his facts before contributing. There are Muslims and Christians who still live in peace nd are helpful to one anoda in families, work place and environment we find out selves. Shalom!
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by Kingspin(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
EazyMoh:

Exactly my suspicion! The worst thing is trying to use Christianity to blackmail the government, just because the governor is a Muslim. I think there should a penalty for those type of false accusations.
Are you in Kaduna?
Re: BREAKING NEWS! Ongoing Persecution Of Christians In Kaduna! by EazyMoh(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Kingspin:
Are you in Kaduna?
No am not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Us Beg Atiku To Allow Southern Presidency In 2023, Afegbua Tells Nigerians / South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians / Sanwo-olu Is The Best For Lagos - Babatunde Raji Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.