Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship (7302 Views)

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / Twitter Ruined My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by bluespice(f): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
hold up!
he's threatening to leave u if u change ur status to single but he wont change his?

he's acting strange for 7 months running?
ur getting hot n heavy with another dood

pray tell, arent u single already??
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 12:32am On Jul 23, 2009
orisirisi
The wahala FB go cause ehn grin grin grin grin
i think u shud always change ur status to single cuz i think u might as well be dear lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by amosexy: 12:56am On Jul 23, 2009
TOPE2000!:

orisirisi
The wahala FB go cause ehn grin grin grin grin
i think u shud always change ur status to single cuz i think u might as well be dear lipsrsealed undecided

Sister FB wahala don happen to u b4? wink confess so dat i go no say i no dey along in this kind wahala grin grin grin.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by kaypumpin2(m): 1:04am On Jul 23, 2009
It is never too late to turn back from a wrong road,however far you've gone. cool
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 1:04am On Jul 23, 2009
amosexy:

Sister FB wahala don happen to u b4? wink confess so dat i go no say i no dey along in this kind wahala grin grin grin.

Lol . . .FB never cause wahal never happen to me b4 but i know it does happen to lots of ppl
I hear husband don kill wife because of it b4 sef shocked

Actually instead of putting single . . . . why dont u remove ur relationship status from ur FB patapata?
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by bluespice(f): 1:34am On Jul 23, 2009
i tire oh tope undecided
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by Hypechic(f): 6:03am On Jul 23, 2009
After 6 years, his status on Facebook is single and yours is engaged, not so good but not the end of the world either. However, him threatening to leave you if you change your status back to single says more to me. It says there's something not kosher about your relationship. Changing his status on Facebook will not solve the problem. The sooner you two get together and decide where y'all are going or not going with your relationship, the better. 6 years is a long time but we need to learn when to cut our losses and move on.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by na2day2(m): 6:36am On Jul 23, 2009
@ poster

pele, i am sure u r still under 55 yrs of age, dont give up, go find sum1 else on myspace grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by Akinagirl(f): 6:50am On Jul 23, 2009
Lol na2day? grin
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by na2day2(m): 6:56am On Jul 23, 2009
Akinagirl:

Lol na2day? grin

just giving her options wink wink
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 23, 2009
@poster, nd u're even cheatin on him. Complainin he won't change his status, who is worse? U pips don't deserve each other! Wot nonsence
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by justwise(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2009
Da_archer:

@poster, nd u're even cheatin on him. Complainin he won't change his status, who is worse? U pips don't deserve each other! Wot nonsence

The point i have being making here, some pple over look that fact and keep talking abt status change
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by ndumart: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2009
@topic
The guy is not just sincere. He is not matured and i suppose he is not ready for any serious relationship. If after 6 years with u he still cannot proudly say he is in a relationship,then i guess he does not deserve any relationship.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by Sweetdoct247(m): 8:19am On Jul 23, 2009
The is issue is not facebook, it's just the manifestation of the fact that there are some fundamental problems in ur relationship. It doesnt matter if d relationship is 2 days or 10 yrs if you are confident in it and proud of it u wouldnt put single even in yahoo where nobody might see it because u just want everybody to know u re no longer available. The fact that he put is there in the first place let alone not changing it on ur suggestion indicates that he still has reasons to let people know he might be available. Both of u really need to av a good talk just as it's been suggested to u. U really need to decide if both of u are still interested in each other or u re just holding on. U must understand that even tho 6yrs is enough to build a strong relationship it's also enough to make it boring. And pls forget that thing 6yrs is negligible compared to the rest of ur life which I'm sure u want to live happily. So be ready to let go if it's not working.
Finally u already going out with some1 else is not the answer, u should av at least waited and see where this ends first. It shows that u'Ve already forseen trouble and given yourself an insurance policy as in "just in case" but relationship is not business. Remember the saying "Ori bibe lo logun ori fifo" smiley
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by FBS: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2009
Innocent until proven guilty. Facebook or no facebook.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by spikedcylinder: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2009
Aha. . . .!
Faceboook. . . . . faceboook. . . . cheesy
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by cvibe: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2009
This is what happens when people live their lives around facebook.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by mmaks: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2009
this is another senseless post jare.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by amosexy: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2009
mmaks:

this is another senseless post jare.

I know u r even more frustrated than I am but plz dont share my own frustration,open ur own sensible post.

To everybody that has given one advise or the other,thanks so much . I spoke to him and the only thing I could deduced from all he said was that he was totally insecure and he belives I might av seen somebody more better than him since I'm abroad. I guess two things are the main cause of our problems TRUST AND DISTANCE.  He loved me and cared for me very much but I just cant imagine why he's feeling like I'm gone forever.

Anywayz I already cancelled my account on facebook and I'm gonna keep praying but I'm never going to force myself on him .I just pray I av the strenght to stop thinkin he might leave me.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by chiogo(f): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2009
People can be very nosy on facebook though and some people like their privacy.
That's why you see people who are in relationships having their status as single.

I recently changed my status to "In a relationship", see nosy people  shocked asking questions like "who's he?" yada yada. I immediately took it off.
@poster, maybe the guy is the secretive type. But he shouldn't ask you to change yours to "In a relationship" if his reads "single". Anywayz, you two sound confused.  tongue
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by na2day2(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
chiogo:

People can be very nosy on facebook though and some people like their privacy.
That's why you see people who are in relationships having their status as single.

I recently changed my status to "In a relationship", see nosy people shocked asking questions like "who's he?" yada yada. I immediately took it off.
@poster, maybe the guy is the secretive type. But he shouldn't ask you to changes yours to "In a relationship" if his reads "single". Anywayz, you two sound confused. tongue

so u are in a relationship? no wonder all my proposal on ur fb page fell on deaf ears cry cry cry cry
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by topup: 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2009
It's not you, it's him, and it could be you if you continue to tolerate this. Depending on your relationship, you should be able to know what's going on.

From what I can see I would say that he doesn't feel that you're a convincing companion, he doesn't want to commit to you. After 6 years he hasn't proposed to you, or has he mentioned anything about marriage? It doesn't take 6 years to figure out if you like the personality of another human being and you finally want to settle down with this beautiful person. Secondly, after 6 years he hasn't stopped having lots of girls on his page, in his friends lists and on his wall? Then it means that he still likes to appear single and an active player/casanova. To make things worse, his status reads single as well, I mean so all those strange girls on his facebook think that he's up for the taking and they have an excuse to flirt with him too.

I don't know, all I know is that these are all bad signs, for me 6 years is worrying, six years of my life and it seems like the relationship is going nowhere soon,  I don't know. It's not as if you're a teenager right??

I for one love my privacy but I do not lie. . even me, after a year or so would change the status, or even better, if I liked my privacy SO much I would remove the info from facebook, which is exactly what I've done, so you won't know if I'm married, single, divorced, homeless whatever!! Privacy is one the biggest excuses ever, "I'm in love with this wonderful woman, but I want no one to know." I wouldn't be surprised if the person who says a thing like that (and truly means it) never gets married, since married is a big public display of affection. Most people when they love someone can't wait to brand or tag the other as 'their property'. "Back off guys, she's with me." "Ladies, he's taken.". . ya know?

Has there been any mention of commitment, and not conversations you've brought up, but times he's mentioned to you about what the future would be like? How did he react to those types of conversations (if you've had them)?
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
?
topup:

It's not you, it's him, and it could be you if you continue to tolerate this. Depending on your relationship, you should be able to know what's going on.
From what I can see I would say that he doesn't feel that you're a convincing companion, he doesn't want to commit to you. After 6 years he hasn't proposed to you, or has he mentioned anything about marriage? It doesn't take 6 years to figure out if you like the personality of another human being and you finally want to settle down with this beautiful person. Secondly, after 6 years he hasn't stopped having lots of girls on his page, in his friends lists and on his wall? Then it means that he still likes to appear single and an active player/casanova. To make things worse, his status reads single as well, I mean so all those strange girls on his facebook think that he's up for the taking and they have an excuse to flirt with him too.

I don't know, all I know is that these are all bad signs, for me 6 years is worrying, six years of my life and it seems like the relationship is going nowhere soon, I don't know. It's not as if you're a teenager right??

I for one love my privacy but I do not lie. . even me, after a year or so would change the status, or even better, if I liked my privacy SO much I would remove the info from facebook, which is exactly what I've done, so you won't know if I'm married, single, divorced, homeless whatever!! Privacy is one the biggest excuses ever, "I'm in love with this wonderful woman, but I want no one to know." I wouldn't be surprised if the person who says a thing like that (and truly means it) never gets married, since married is a big public display of affection. Most people when they love someone can't wait to brand or tag the other as 'their property'. "Back off guys, she's with me." "Ladies, he's taken.". . ya know?

Has there been any mention of commitment, and not conversations you've brought up, but times he's mentioned to you about what the future would be like? How did he react to those types of conversations (if you've had them)?

Have u read all her replies b4 u draw ur conclusion?U blaming the guy alone, or u don't see her own fault
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by amosexy: 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2009
@Topup

He hasn't proposed becos we left school barely 2yrs,so he gat no gud Job yet.
Not dat he doesnt find me gud enuf as a wify but I guess we both are not financially stable yet .
I'm not even saying he shouldnt av any affair but he should just make those ladies know he's committed to somebody.
I'm nt a teenager.
We did talked abt future and as a matter of fact, we even planned to seal the whole thing nxt yr,financially stable or nt.
Our problem only started 7 mths ago wen i asked him to change his status.

@ justwise

Brosssss why u dey point my fault to everybody nao?

Honestly justwise I still dont know where I've gone wrong with this guy. Even the oda guy u were basing my fault on.i barely know this guy,I've known him for less than 2 mths.This other guy knows I'm committed to my guy,I didnt hide it and I purposely didnt hide it cos i want him to feel uncomfortable, If i had wanted to cheat on my boy truly I would av lied. I just want my guy to let the other ladies know he has a commitment across the ocean. Is that too much for a lady to ask ?
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by TOPE20001(f): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
amosexy:

@Topup

He hasn't proposed becos we left school barely 2yrs,so he gat no gud Job yet.
Not dat he doesnt find me gud enuf as a wify but I guess we both are not financially stable yet .
I'm not even saying he shouldnt av any affair but he should just make those ladies know he's committed to somebody.
I'm nt a teenager.
We did talked abt future and as a matter of fact, we even plannde to seal the whole thing nxt yr,financially stable or nt.
Our problem only started 7 mths ago wen i asked him to change his status.

just be careful sha undecided
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by amosexy: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ tope

Nt dat i'm making excuses for him u know, I just dont know wat is making him feel insecure,I didnt say i will leave him for a rich guy or berra guy.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by Yahaya: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2009
Why is almost everyone suggesting "move on", move on to what ?, after SIX years ?, six years of frequent driving ?
Ride a car for SIX years on Nigerian road and try to sell it, it is tough to buy a car that is popularly known by the former owner, With so much mileage put on the car, it is tough to find a KEEPER, there is always gonna be TEST-DRIVERS.

So, Mam, please be patient, don't let your ego mess you up, because the higher the price you put on your worth, the lower you will find out it actually is when you place a "FOR SALE" or "LOOKING" on yourself.

Allow him to explore, he will come back home, trust me, most women that will go for guys like him are "FOR SALE" or "LOOKING", real losers.
Good luck, but know, ALL MEN ARE POLYGAMOUS ANIMALS, The Pastors and the Imams are in the front rows.

Keep hope alive.
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by tboy1(m): 9:19am On Aug 14, 2009
Dont let FB Ruin ur relationship  grin grin grin

[flash=420,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTwwuIn9inE&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Facebook Has Ruined My Relationship by tubabie(f): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2009
Now that's a funny one Tboy1 grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It Was an unforgettable and Pleasant Experience Fvcking An Albino. / Black Boy, Come Put Your Dick In My Mouth / Help ! My Wife Continuously Refuses To Have Sex With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.