Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" (71582 Views)

See The Grammatical Errors A Newly Appointed Principal Of A Sec School Made.(pic / Boy Severely Brutalized By Principal In Uyo For Not Showing Up In School (Pics) / Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by suwalee(f): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2016
daguru:
I am writing to report the physical and emotional abuse to a girl child as a result of punishment meted out to her by her teachers at school. Please see attached pictures.

She was made to strip off her shorts and canned on her bare buttocks and slapped severely by the principal and 5 other teachers because she returned the slap on her face from the head girl who slapped her first. The head girl then reported to the school authorities who in turn physically battered her and then made her cut grass for 4 hours under the sun.

Her name is Ogechi Blessing, she is 14 years old and a SS2 Pupil of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary School at Bariga in Lagos State. This incident occurred on the 16th of March 2016. The perpetrators of this crime are

a. Mrs. C. O Coker (School Principal) slapped her severally
b. Mr. Bello (Maths Teacher), canned her and slapped her severally
c. Mr. Bakare (Economics Teacher) slapped her severally
d. Mrs. Tejumaye (English Teacher) slapped her severally
e. Mrs Omoge (Civic Education Teacher) slapped her severally
f. Mrs. Balogun (Vice Principal) slapped her severally

The Principal has refused to honor the request from the police officers at Bariga Police Station but instead brought soldiers to intimidate the officers investigating the case.

She has missed out on writing 4 exams since then.
Justice needs to be done for this inhumane act against the girl child.
that's my school WOW well teachers in that school are heartless nd some of them reason with their anus I hate dem for wat dey did to I n my cliques
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by joseph1832(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2016
magicminister:

should a senior prefect slap or assault a fellow student?
when we see something that is wrong, we should condemn it.
Even if that girl stole or did someone inane, should she be physically abused in this manner??
If she was your daughter, would you tolerate a teacher leaving these horrendous marks on her body?? Would you say the same thing if your daughter or sister or mother was stripped and whipped like a slave??
I'll have you know if she was my daughter, she would never have returned that slap in the first place!. And I'll even ask her, what on earth could she have done or said that will warrant a head girl to slap her! If she was my daughter, this incident will not even have occurred! Parents should teach their kids proper conduct on how to approach issues.

This is the reason Nigeria may never move forward.
Our future generations are already taking classes on how to be power drunk.
A little child is abusing the little position of a prefect. What would happen if s/he joins the military or becomes a "leader"?
A prefect has no right to punish a student. The duty of a prefect is to report to the teachers what they see and hear.
The reason why Nigeria will not move forward will always be because Nigerians don't know how to act and behave in certain situations. We are always quick to action, and we always fail to even ask questions.

We should ask what that girl did that warrant the head girl to slap her in the first place. Its just that simple. We fail to notice both of them are females, and we know females are prone to emotions...

There is no justification for this nonsense and if this girl was my remotely related to me, i can grantee you that those teachers will pay full price.
If i don't get the teachers, i will have my guys get their children.
Which price? What will you do! If your daughter can raise her hand slap her senior prefect, then she can raise her hand and slap you her father, and it means you have failed as a parent!.

3 Likes

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Brigadier7(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2016
Peacefulgold:

U were lucky ur school was filled with chicken hearted boys...wat kind of school were u a prefect in dat u were given d rite to do d work of teachers...I believe it must b public school dat don't ave a strong PTA...if not by d time ur stupidity is checkmated,if u c a whip u will refuse to grip.....bully like u...
Private school my guy!! A very good and standard private school.. There was a student I was always sending back home those days becos he always comes late to school, he still Respect me till todae for not allowing him go astray!

1 Like

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by segzyndpep(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2016
If She is my sister jungle,justice is the solution for all this...because even the authority couldn't handle it as we can see..d principal must pay...

And for all backing the head girl you are insane.is the head girl the teacher? Am just angry with some stupid people on here
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Peacefulgold(m): 10:38am On Mar 21, 2016
ifeomaekol:
pls try n understand----wat d head girl n d teachers did is totally wrong n I blame them for nt containing ds mess bt @ d same time young pple shuld learn to obey dia elders dts all. N I dnt wnt to involve triblaism her dts all. If dt head girl had reported her all ds wuldnt hv come up, n then d teachers decided to take laws into dia hands too---its all wrong.
Dats truly d point....they were all wrong....i remember those days yle in school,our principal preferred teacher to punish us by manual labor Dan flogging or getting physical wit us cos he noticed dat some teachers yle flogging go above d buttocks to Flog on d back,nd dis leaves a bad mark dat could b taken home to our parents as evidence of maltreatment,he warned Dem if u must flog it must b on d buttocks alone...cos my school den had a strong PTA where d parents contribute and approve to some of d rules used in guiding and training there children...wit all dis marks I saw on dat girl,wit bad blood even circling on her buttocks,she must have been tru hell..... God heal her fast. And dis is not about tribe,though I'm igbo...
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Missbetty: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2016
I agreed the child was beaten too much, but 5 teachers cannot all be witches and wicked on a small girl this way. So tell us what your child did. Some children these days do not have respect for elders and constituted authorities. Your ss1 child slapped the senior girl back, why did the senior girl slap her in the 1st place.

1 Like

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by joseph1832(m): 10:39am On Mar 21, 2016
senatorbayor:

But Authority can Physically attack you abi (Zombie and Moronic thinking I guess)

Who confer the Authority to the senior prefect and under which law is that written.

Prefects are first among equals since every one cant be prefects. They are to be role models and provide leadership to others.
For dishing out a slap first shows she is not qualify to be senior prefect . she has failed in character and examplinary life.
Prefects are supposed to be level headed no matter the provocations
And of course, you're clueless and silly in your remark. Your thinking is the one that is moronic here, not mine.

And yes, people like you, always fail to ask questions that's why they always arrive at irrelevant conclusion. A sane mind would have asked why the head girl slapped her in the first place!. What happened? What could have resulted in the exchange of slaps? But no! Your mind isn't sane at all. tongue
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by warrior101: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2016
Nice arse
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by senatorbayor(m): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2016
Brigadier7:
you just explained how lawless you are!! Seems you don't know the power a Senior prefect has, a Senior prefect is the principal's representative to the students! I was a senior prefect in my time and I disciplined lawless people like you!!

Which law or constitution confer such powers to a Senior prefect?
Prefects are first among equals and they are chosen not because they are the best but becos they are the favorites .
After all, WAEC or NECO does not know them whenever they are writing their exams .

The big question is this ; Will you allow your Daughter to be slapped , beaten in such manner and what will you do if such happen.

You will walk away I guess since she was beaten by the Senior Prefect Abi. shocked

Lets think straight pls.

Teachers have right to discipline students but not inflicting marks on them

Prefects have right to guide their fellow students but not going personal in form of assault:
Prefects are supposed to be level headed and to provide leadership direction to others .

Lets condemn what is wrong and ensure an egalitarian society where all have equal rights.

Molestation, Insults,attacks and abuse of position should be condemned Totally and be pruned and checked hence, these so called "senior prefects becomes Adolf Hilter and magret tachter tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by suwalee(f): 10:43am On Mar 21, 2016
M
Brigadier7:
FOR HER To have returned a slap to her senior prefect shows how rude she is!!! She should even be expelled from the school!! Am against the Mal treated but this teachers you are talking about they are mothers and Parents too!! They cant just wake up one mrng and decide to descend on only her!! She must have been rude to them when she was invited to the staff room!! Op tell us the full story and stop being sentimental!! That's you people aid and abet bad children and when they get to the universities, they bcome secret cult members and runs girls and Problems to the society!! Shame on the NPF for wanting to arrest the management without proper investigation!! That what's how I read the other day how a secondary school cultist kiLled his Ex- Headmistress who is a grandmother in Benin, the headmistressed must have been dealing with him in school those days, now that he is a cultist, he decided to pay her back!! @Op your are biased in your account! OP I CHALLENGE YOU AND AM ASKING YOU TO QUESTION THE CHILD AGAIN TO TELL YOU WHAT SHE DID OR SAID TO THE TEACHERS THAT WARRANTED THE TREATED!!! If you decide to go to court remember they can still afford to get lawyers too. And there will be witnesses but student witnesses and Teacher witnesses that will come and testify THE TRUTH! So you better look before you leap!! I have seen a situation exactly like dis, the parent when to court and they ended up Apologizing to the school management and the Child was expelled too!
plz yu guyss shld spare me all these ua typing it's my school I know wat dey can do sentiments aside dey wud lie against that child I'm a first hand witness to their inhumane act wicked ppl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by OBAGADAFFI: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2016
LADBIM:

God bless you. For the lady to slapped the head prefect shows the types of home she came from. She is not the only one in that school. I hope her parents are not trying to lead her to destruction. God bless you.

They are both students and probably age mates .

The Prefect got no right discipline any student.

2 Likes

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Brigadier7(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2016
Danfuster:

MAY GOD IN ALL IS MIGHT ALLOW THIS SCENARIO BEFALL YOUR CHILD...lets see how you handle it angry
I can't give birth to a rude and disrespectful child!! God forbid
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by tallestchibyke(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2016
Brigadier7:
FOR HER To have returned a slap to her senior prefect shows how rude she is!!! She should even be expelled from the school!! Am against the Mal treated but this teachers you are talking about they are mothers and Parents too!! They cant just wake up one mrng and decide to descend on only her!! She must have been rude to them when she was invited to the staff room!! Op tell us the full story and stop being sentimental!! That's you people aid and abet bad children and when they get to the universities, they bcome secret cult members and runs girls and Problems to the society!! Shame on the NPF for wanting to arrest the management without proper investigation!! That what's how I read the other day how a secondary school cultist kiLled his Ex- Headmistress who is a grandmother in Benin, the headmistressed must have been dealing with him in school those days, now that he is a cultist, he decided to pay her back!! @Op your are biased in your account! OP I CHALLENGE YOU AND AM ASKING YOU TO QUESTION THE CHILD AGAIN TO TELL YOU WHAT SHE DID OR SAID TO THE TEACHERS THAT WARRANTED THE TREATED!!! If you decide to go to court remember they can still afford to get lawyers too. And there will be witnesses but student witnesses and Teacher witnesses that will come and testify THE TRUTH! So you better look before you leap!! I have seen a situation exactly like dis, the parent when to court and they ended up Apologizing to the school management and the Child was expelled too!

If you know the system of Education well then you will know that no student have the right to use cane on fellow student not to talk of slap. And secondly teachers are not permitted to make use of cane apart from the principal.
The can only give minor punishment.
I wish it was in my area I will take it up personally
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by suwalee(f): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
While the beating up was wrong...she did slap the head girl.

Ah well....the true tale is that we do not know how to properly discipline students in Nigeria. Apart from the koboko that is.
wat right does the head girl av to touch the gal in my tym punishment is all dey give to students not beating

1 Like

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by senatorbayor(m): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2016
joseph1832:
And of course, you're clueless and silly in your remark. Your thinking is the one that is moronic here, not mine.

And yes, people like you, always fail to ask questions that's why they always arrive at irrelevant conclusion. A sane mind would have asked why the head girl slapped her in the first place!. What happened? What could have resulted in the exchange of slaps? But no! Your mind isn't sane at all. tongue

Now I get why you aint thinking straight and to have JUSTIFY that a senior prefect could slap his fellow students.

What Right does any students or prefect have to dish out slaps to his student irrespective of slight provocations.

If prefects were chosen based on facts that they should be level headed and of fine character, how did the senior prefect slapped the lady first even if she was provoked .

Indeed, your level of reasoning is amazing since you could not state why the so called senior prefect could slap her fellow student in the first place.
what moral justification does she have to dish out the slap first and why condemned the one that returned it .
The teachers and the principal should have discipline both and not been selective in their punishment.
Prefects are just first among equals and they aint super powers to act like emperor

I salute your reasoning

Mr vulgar grin

4 Likes

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Peacefulgold(m): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2016
Brigadier7:
Private school my guy!! A very good and standard private school.. There was a student I was always sending back home those days becos he always comes late to school, he still Respect me till todae for not allowing him go astray!
He only liked u sending him back cos mayb it gives him time to really go astray yle odas r in class,u tink sending a student back home cos he was late is a good disciplinary measure...does he even xplain to u d cos of his lateness,does d person who pay his fees know dat he is been sent home .....on a second note ,my initial problem was dat d head girl got physical on her and dat made me to wonder y u didn't just slap or beat d boy for coming late den allow him take his classes,but instead u send him back to were he will play computer game tru out d school hours.....u were sure a bad prefect....

1 Like

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by banmee(m): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2016
Kondomatic, come see wetin you do ooo. Sebi you like things like this?
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2016
talktimi:
YES, if you fall law or talk careless as a junior student, I will slap sense into your head
Sorry to say but i doubt the authenticity of what you have for a brain. They are both students for crying out loud, being the senior prefect doesn't give you any right whatsoever to punish a fellow student physically. If a junior student misbehaves, you can give her any other punishment or you report her. Being the senior prefect doesn't mean other students left in your care are now slaves that you order around and punish as you wish. People like you are those that misuse any little authority bestowed on them to intimidate others

1 Like

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Peacefulgold(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2016
suwalee:
wat right does the head girl av to touch the gal in my tym punishment is all dey give to students not beating
True talk....i wonder where dey got all dis rite of slapping and beating from...
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2016
suwalee:

Speaking as someone who was a prefect in secondary school...sometimes students do attack you.

I myself was once attacked by a student whom I caught trying to scale the wall to enter the school compound back then.

Having said that....this case raises the issue of appropriate discipline for kids. Here...the lass should have been suspended. At least that is how my old secondary school would have handled it.
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by OBAGADAFFI: 10:52am On Mar 21, 2016
Brigadier7:
you just explained how lawless you are!! Seems you don't know the power a Senior prefect has, a Senior prefect is the principal's representative to the students! I was a senior prefect in my time and I disciplined lawless people like you!!

Stop repeating this nonsense, Senior prefect got no power to discipline students.

A Senior prefect is a student and not a member of the teaching staff.

His Job is to interface with the student on behalf of the school Authorities.

If you try that nonsense during my days in school, the PTA will make sure you are expelled from that school.

1 Like

Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Biafrarep(m): 10:55am On Mar 21, 2016
wellmax:
This is nothing but a sentimental one sided story. No one I repeat, No one will just wake up and assault a school girl (to think that not just one teacher but according to OP, several teachers). They are not mad na, as much as I don't encourage assault on children, come on this is Nigeria. We all wont support if a school doesn't try to enforce discipline in one way or the other. They had done too much, nut let us hear their own side of the story.
You lot belong to the stone age generation, there is no atom of civility that can be found in this useless country, little wonder why you guys have remained a laughing stock in the commity of nations. If d little girl erred, then what stopped d authorities from suspending or even expelling her? This is gross child abuse, assault, attempted murder. They even stripped her naked! Sadistic beasts like them will derive joy in burning suspected theifs. This little girl must get justice for this inhuman treatment meted to her!!
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by suwalee(f): 10:56am On Mar 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Speaking as someone who was a prefect in secondary school...sometimes students do attack you.

I myself was once attacked by a student whom I caught trying to scale the wall to enter the school compound back then.

Having said that....this case raises the issue of appropriate discipline for kids. Here...the lass should have been suspended. At least that is how my old secondary school would have handled it.
if u know how much I hate that school eh teachers there are so archiac who refused to embrace change if only u knew what they did to me
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by kay29000(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2016
yetseyi:
Hmm, I just feel we are not getting the whole story. For her to have been beaten like that something else must have happened.

I attended a command school and I have seen students being flogged with canes while water was being poured on them and also while rolling on the parade ground.

I have seen students crawling with their knees on the rough parade ground while the knees are blistering.

But of course it had to be the one of the greatest offences e.g jumping the school fence to avoid classes or for whatever reason.

I have seen a student almost being expelled simply because he disrespected his teacher.

We even had a guard room then where they could lock you up if you really misbehave but to get most of these punishments you must have committed a grave offence.

My first day in secondary school as a little girl I was flogged by a soldier in fact my whole class was flogged simply because we didn't know we were supposed to sit up to greet a military personell (The school A.O) instead of hitting the desk and saying good morning Sir and the way we were flogged was you stand up and bend your head to touch the desk that way your back will be curved and the cane will enter well. It was just one stroke but ehn the ripples of pain it sent through our bodies chai we never made that mistake again.

Anyway they should have just expelled her instead of the beating since we are in the era of no child caning.

Besides those are marks of the caning, It will fade away. Its water cane marks. I am a bit surprised that caning is making the news.

I am surprised too. Very surprised.

I like your stories of your days in Command...you expressed yourself so vividly. Are you a writer?
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by suwalee(f): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Peacefulgold:

True talk....i wonder where dey got all dis rite of slapping and beating from...
sue the MOFOS for assault on a minor jawey before talkin of the one at fault
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2016
Brigadier7:
Why you dey mention my moniker
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by suwalee(f): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2016
talktimi:
So she had the guts to slap her senior prefect ? Lets be honest with ourselves here, SP's don't generally pick on junior students anyhow. For the SP to slap her, the girl would have been very rude and insulting, I'm talking out of experience here on both sides of the coin.
ta who told evadel SP's are the num 1 bullies I know quote me anywia
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Biafrarep(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2016
segzyndpep:
If She is my sister jungle,justice is the solution for all this...because even the authority couldn't handle it as we can see..d principal must pay...

And for all backing the head girl you are insane.is the head girl the teacher? Am just angry with some stupid people on here
Dont mind those sick ba.stards supporting evil, they could as well be the irresponsible teachers!! Karma is a b!tch, they will all get similar or even worse treatment one way or the other in their lifetime from those who are more powerful than them & they will never get justice!!!
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by paragon40(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2016
Brigadier7:
NO FULL STORY SHOULD JUSTIFY THIS SENSELESS ASSAULT...THOU IT IS RIGHT TO HEAR BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY, does the law permits a teacher, or /principal/school to cause grv bodily harm to its students u can punish your student bt not to this extent... you dont expect her family to fold ther hands@op the family should get a lawyer..sue the school management...if she dies from this treatment wt will happen to the skul?? u think govt will not prosecute them.. A girl child for that matter why not counsel her..lastly does punishment corrects behavr......killing of thiefs has not stop stealing in the society...
Re: Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" by Lovexme(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2016
That was how one teacher bruised my back and hands all in the name of flogging.

Mr. Ebah, I have forgiven you, but...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Imo State University 2013/2014 Admission / Mary Edema Builds 2 Toilets For N36M In Delta State College Of Education / Meet The Tallest Student In Ghana, 14-Year-Old Kwame (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.