Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation (35939 Views)

APC Reconciliation: Tinubu In Dilemma Over Grouse With Saraki, Oyegun / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Buhari: "I'm Grateful To Nigerians For Wishing Me Good Health" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Goke7: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
oduastates:
Most of those who bought those power companies have no clue . They do not have investible capital ,no technical know-how and no history in the power industry . If they were viable , the commissioning of power plants and other installations will be in the news everyday .
Remember when GSM licenses were granted ?
GSM were building something everyday of the week.
It is simply the usual sharing of government property. create dummy firm to extract rents from the government and the people .

That was what the privatization stuff was all about which is what PMB is asking whether it was actually in the interest of the Public.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by nnachukz(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
What isn't he confused about in his administration? He is virtually confused about everything. Bubu leave governance and traveling around the globe, go and look for your land in Ph.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by omowolewa: 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
Definitely not in Pimlico interest, ask prof. Nnaji

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by ajebuter(f): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
Old man, you are in dilemma over governance..

Shikena!

16 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
olafum1:
His head may not be correct
when it comes to making decisions, he has always been in dilemma grin grin grin and he thinks we don't knw.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by obailala(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
A lot of bitter people just jump online to oppose just for the sake of opposing. Nothing wrong or new in what the president has just said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by rapistbuhari: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
Buhari is just getting to know that power situation isn't a joke. Very laughable.

I don't understand why Nigeria has been inflicted with diseased leaders like Buhari; a brain dead Quota system retired Army Major General/ a coup plotter who was tolerated by Obasanjo as a petroleum minister despite his incompetence.

He will surely deny ever making any pledge to add 2000 MW to the national grid by year end as always.

So the mronic junketeer now hopes to increase power from 1500 to 3500MW and later 2000MW, when he met it at 5000MW, so what has changed?
Even to maintain what he met on ground has now become an achievement.

Useless brainless demonic president. ‎

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by shamecurls(m): 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
[size=1pt]
rapistbuhari:
Buhari is just getting to know that power situation isn't a joke. Very laughable.

I don't understand why Nigeria has been inflicted with diseased leaders like Buhari; a brain dead Quota system retired Army Major General/ a coup plotter who was tolerated by Obasanjo as a petroleum minister despite his incompetence.

He will surely deny ever making any pledge to add 2000 MW to the national grid by year end as always.

So the mronic junketeer now hopes to increase power from 1500 to 3500MW and later 2000MW, when he met it at 5000MW, so what has changed?
Even to maintain what he met on ground has now become an achievement.

Useless brainless demonic president. ‎
[/size]
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by nom44311: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
Children..... undecided
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by mideactive: 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
One hot slap 4 ur face,na ur president u dey follow talk like dat undecidedOga Abu!go luck dis ram 4 room 9...

olafum1:

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by plaetton: 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
Commerce 101, Mr President.

Privately run = Profit motive.

We know you are weened on government patronage and largesse.

We know you're a control freak, and that you like big government, government owned everything.

The concepts of buying price, selling price and profit still befuddles you.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by anonimi: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Islie:
He said the privatisation of the sector had yet to show any improvement in the quality of service, saying it was difficult to determine whether it was done in public interest or with profit motive.

This our president is really CONFUSED.
Of course privatisation is to make profits by the new owners through greater EFFICIENCY such as happened with mobile phone operators compared to LOSS-making, subsidy-gulping NITEL, not so
Chai, we are in trouble with this DullardPoo oh, if he can't understand something as basic as this.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3500568_dccrap20160315155712_jpegcd8e6cb9418d815c070bb71dae45fd6a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3487934_facebook20160217203110_png9d101a62a7f85ccae216ad246dbde300

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by canalily(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Only in Dilemma you ar complaining.angrydnt worry for you will soon be in Degema

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Abeg PMB the privatisation has nothing at all to do with public interest.
Distribution companies are criminals, they wrecked me on several fronts. Criminals!. That's what they are.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by james2man: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nigeria in state of retrogression.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by justicejay(m): 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:
One of the reason I voted for PMB is to reverse the privatization of phcn which was a scam, this is where I will begin to oppose PMB if the damn privatization thing lingers throughout his tenure. The privatization of Phcn was used by the pdp to share to their cronies just like dasukigate. Nonsense.
I voted for pmb too for just two reasons,job and to stop the northern insurgency. All the balablablabla corruptions and power sector are not my concerns cos if I av the job and their is peace,am gonna enjoy the little I av
But you know what? He has failed me.
Failed me totally.
Its almost a year now and everything has goes worse am now buying every thing in double of d initial price that's even if I have money to buy them.
Thank God that I listen to gej voice that time to learn a skill and go into agriculture. Now the tailoring work and my fish pond is fetching me little money though the demand as fall since the money flowing in the state has reduced.
Seriously APC = SCAM

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by afolajohn521(m): 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
olafum1:
linking mouth
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by ezeomaigbo(m): 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
He called it "classic dilemma"... I call it cluelessness

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by anonimi: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
nnachukz:
What isn't he confused about in his administration? He is virtually confused about everything. Bubu leave governance and traveling around the globe, go and look for your land in Ph.

Now that is a wickedly powerful punch you just threw at the glass jaw of our incorruptible incorrigible man of integrity. grin grin

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by afolajohn521(m): 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
olafum1:
linking mouth, pls c ur DOCTOR.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by tinsel: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
olafum1:
What has he said wrong? Or just pure hatred?
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:

When you are tired, let the moderators know. Ignored!!!

Olodo! You are ignoring someone,yet you have replied his/her comments twice in a row!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by afolajohn521(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
olafum1:
leaking mouth, pls c ur DOCTOR.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by olafum1(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
mideactive:
One hot slap 4 ur face,na ur president u dey follow talk like dat undecidedOga Abu!go luck dis ram 4 room 9...

Dream on boy, since you refused to mind the 'may'.. cool
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by anonimi: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
justicejay:
I voted for pmb too for just two reasons,job and to stop the northern insurgency.

Can you please explain the bold part?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Ehiscotch(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Anytime I listen (read) to what Buhari says I feel Nigerians made the right choice. Change doesn't come easy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by acaolly1(m): 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
justicejay:

I voted for pmb too for just two reasons,job and to stop the northern insurgency. All the balablablabla corruptions and power sector are not my concerns cos if I av the job and their is peace,am gonna enjoy the little I av
But you know what? He has failed me.
Failed me totally.
Its almost a year now and everything has goes worse am now buying every thing in double of d initial price that's even if I have money to buy them.
Thank God that I listen to gej voice that time to learn a skill and go into agriculture. Now the tailoring work and my fish pond is fetching me little money though the demand as fall since the money flowing in the state has reduced.
Seriously APC = SCAM

I see, do you expect a miracle in 12months from economy destroyed over 16years All these economic hardship are the results of bad governance of 16years plus... It cant be revived in 12months take that

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Ehiscotch(m): 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
Anytime I listen (read) to what Buhari says I feel Nigerians made the right choice. Change doesn't come easy. Before u scream "he is confused" he stated some solutions .

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by acaolly1(m): 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:

When you are tired, let the moderators know. Ignored!!!

Guy, i respect your maturity for not exchanging abuses in public. Keep it up pls.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by anonimi: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
obailala:
A lot of bitter people just jump online to oppose just for the sake of opposing. Nothing wrong or new in what the president has just said.

Nothing wrong with a man who promised 20,000Mw by 2019 last year while campaigning for office to now say he is CONFUSED about the power sector while his fellow citizens wallow in darkness shocked
Chai, the effect of this Aisha rice plus salad must be very strong on brainless zombies oh!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

ozoigbondu:
I’ll ensure stable power supply – Buhari
http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-ensure-stable-power-supply-buhari/

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3492308_buhari20000mwelectricitypromise_jpegb3d308b82b0aaf0f68a6c50acecfbb5c

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by SycophanticGoat: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Why is Buhari such a confused dullard

Too much of Aisha toto my brother... grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC's Epic Response To Youths Protesting Against George Turner's Arrest / ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report / Imo Governmet Seizes Eastern Palm University From Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.