Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation (35937 Views)

APC Reconciliation: Tinubu In Dilemma Over Grouse With Saraki, Oyegun / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Buhari: "I'm Grateful To Nigerians For Wishing Me Good Health" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Iamthoney(m): 12:17am On Mar 22, 2016
dunkem21:

Lai Mo?
and his kinds
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by idupaul: 1:49am On Mar 22, 2016
Goke7:
One of the reason I voted for PMB is to reverse the privatization of phcn which was a scam, this is where I will begin to oppose PMB if the damn privatization thing lingers throughout his tenure. The privatization of Phcn was used by the pdp to share to their cronies just like dasukigate. Nonsense.

But Tinubu was the greatest beneficiary of that privatization and I don't remember him being a PDP man or Jonathan's crony
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Xfactoria: 2:21am On Mar 22, 2016
oduastates:
Most of those who bought those power companies have no clue . They do not have investible capital ,no technical know-how and no history in the power industry . If they were viable , the commissioning of power plants and other installations will be in the news everyday .
Remember when GSM licenses were granted ?
GSM were building something everyday of the week.
It is simply the usual sharing of government property. create dummy firm to extract rents from the government and the people .

Oga, stop pretending like you understand the issue with electricity in Nigeria because you and you dullard president don't!

The problem is Buhari, his northern brothers and the petroleum industry bill. GEJ commissioned power plants and we have been building them since OBJ's administration. Have you asked yourself why despite having more power plants, power generation (which is the biggest problem) has not improved?

7 of the 11 new power plants were designed to be powered by gas. The non-passage of the PIB is stalling investment in gas pipelines to bring gas to the plants because the northern part of the country (Buhari's kinsmen) has vowed to make sure the PIB does not see the light of the day because it would give more control of petroleum resources to the state among other things. So those power plants are just lying idle and contributing nothing to the national grid as of today. As long as investors continue to wait on the government to put a guiding policy in place for the oil and gas industry, any major project undertaken by any private investor is a big risk!

Of course, Buhari is spewing all the rubbish in the OP's post because he knows that many Nigerians are not informed and are lazy to do a simple research. The privatization of the sector by GEJ is the biggest boost any government has given to that sector.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Xfactoria: 2:25am On Mar 22, 2016
Sincere4u:
Abeg PMB the privatisation has nothing at all to do with public interest.
Distribution companies are criminals, they wrecked me on several fronts. Criminals!. That's what they are.

Distribution company? Hear yourself? How is it their problem to ration 1,000 - 1,500 MW of electricity to 170 million Nigerians? Do you know that the government is still in charge of generation? Or can't you tell the difference between generation and distribution?
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by aresa: 2:34am On Mar 22, 2016
Goke7:

You are ignored, thanks

Smart move.

Going back and forth with these trolls is nothing but torture..
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by akinsbaba2015: 2:50am On Mar 22, 2016
LordAdam:

Sharrap!

When the power improved in the first few months of this administration, who benefited? Was it not the public?

The major problem now is generation and the generation part of the electricity company is still majorly run by the government except for a few gencos like Shiroro dam. So, ask Buhari and Fashola why the cannot generate enough power for the discos to distribute.

Jor shift. People dey discuss power problem, you carry yourself kon sitdon for thread.

-Lord
You are wrong, generation is not run by government the GENCOs were equally privatised leaving only the transmission for the government which the previous government also contracted out to MANITOBA ELECTRIC under a management contract. Always get your facts right.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by hopilo: 3:26am On Mar 22, 2016
But we have a super Minister for that sector in the person of Fashola. He has been so quite of late unlike 2014/2015 when he rant at anything presidency.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 4:38am On Mar 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
You are wrong, generation is not run by government the GENCOs were equally privatised leaving only the transmission for the government which the previous government also contracted out to MANITOBA ELECTRIC under a management contract. Always get your facts right.

Not all the generation facilities are privatized, I did say some of them were sold to gencos like the Shiroro dam. Get your facts right.

-Lord
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 4:44am On Mar 22, 2016
noblegrex:
stupid elf. I pitty your kind. Fool. No brain at all.all what you have in your big head is just pawpaw seeds. Nothing more Ode,Ewu. No sense of reasoning at all...abusing someone who's old enough to be your great grand pa and even your president. You're a FOOL

-Lord
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by homosapien(m): 6:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Goke7:
One of the reason I voted for PMB is to reverse the privatization of phcn which was a scam, this is where I will begin to oppose PMB if the damn privatization thing lingers throughout his tenure. The privatization of Phcn was used by the pdp to share to their cronies just like dasukigate. Nonsense.

My able comrade, experience from past administration as shown that our elite are either inresponsible or lack political will to do anything right. Therefore, the the privatisation is still the best way to go.

Like I always advocate, all what the government should put in place is a strong and structure and institutions to check mate the activities of the discos
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by akinsbaba2015: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2016
LordAdam:

Not all the generation facilities are privatized, I did say some of them were sold to gencos like the Shiroro dam. Get your facts right.

-Lord
The information available to Nigerians was that the GENCOs & DISCOs were totally privatised. The privatisation was done over several months in 2013 and so you are getting your facts enrirely wrong. The government did not privatise TRANSMISSION but sold the entirety of the Generating companies & Distribution companies, that was not done in secrecy and the technical panel was chaired by Atedo Peterside. Don't misinform the public and if you have a contrary view pkease expansiate appropriately particularly as touching the GENCOs. Good morning
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Willybos(m): 7:44am On Mar 22, 2016
kossyablaze:
Coming from a tribalist?U r a joke
my dia u need to comment went u have something reasonable ok.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 8:35am On Mar 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
The information available to Nigerians was that the GENCOs & DISCOs were totally privatised. The privatisation was done over several months in 2013 and so you are getting your facts enrirely wrong. The government did not privatise TRANSMISSION but sold the entirety of the Generating companies & Distribution companies, that was not done in secrecy and the technical panel was chaired by Atedo Peterside. Don't misinform the public and if you have a contrary view pkease expansiate appropriately particularly as touching the GENCOs. Good morning

That is the information your simpleton mind can find.

Nigeria has 23 grid-connecting power generating plants with a combined total installed capacity of 10,396.0 MW and available capacity of 6,056 MW. http://www.mondaq.com/Nigeria/x/292662/Oil+Gas+Electricity/A+Guide+to

Of this number, only 5 were privatized as at 2013 to the GENCOS. http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=755:fg-moves-to-conclude-sale-of-15-gencos-discos&catid=36&Itemid=336

Below is a list of those plants:

1. Geregu Plant I
2. Kainji Plant
3. Shiroro Plant
4. Ughelli Plant
5. Sapele Plant

Between then and now Afam Plant in Abia state has been sold. You can find more of those sold here -- http://www.nercng.org/index.php/industry-operators/licensing-procedures/licencees.

The sale of the 10 NIPP Gencos also started at around 2013 and was recently completed.

It's difficult to gauge the current stage of the privatization process but as at May 2015 we were far into the second phase as the first phase was completed in November, 2013.

Mr. Man, watch your tongue and do not mislead the public.

The Thermal GENCOS are facing hell because of the recurrent gas pipelines vandalization. The government cannot guarantee consistency of the gas supply and are currently doing little or nothing about it. But if it is to draft army personnels to look for Tompolo, they would be able to.

So when I say Buhari and Fashola should be blamed for the depressing power generation I know what I am talking about. The Hydro Plants only have an available capacity of 1,060 MW. While the Thermal Plants have a combined available capacity of 4,996 MW. You do the maths. Between the plants still run by the government and the inability of the government to protect gas pipelines, the federal government shares the bulk of the blame for the current power crisis.

-Lord
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by pafun(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2016
authority2006:
Go school, you no go gree. Buhari wasn't referring to the private firms that bought power sector, he was referring to the government that sold it. Chai!
I have certificate grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Enahi(f): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2016
Buhari please resign.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by opia1984: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Well..ladies and gentlemen our president is still saying same thing he's been saying since may 29th (Blaming d past governments) LOL -
Islie:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-i-m-in-dilemma-over-power-privatisation/138825.html

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by opia1984: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2016
SIMPLE fact iDoubt dis president wants us 2 see....
LordAdam:

That is the information your simpleton mind can find.

Nigeria has 23 grid-connecting power generating plants with a combined total installed capacity of 10,396.0 MW and available capacity of 6,056 MW. http://www.mondaq.com/Nigeria/x/292662/Oil+Gas+Electricity/A+Guide+to

Of this number, only 5 were privatized as at 2013 to the GENCOS. http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=755:fg-moves-to-conclude-sale-of-15-gencos-discos&catid=36&Itemid=336

Below is a list of those plants:

1. Geregu Plant I
2. Kainji Plant
3. Shiroro Plant
4. Ughelli Plant
5. Sapele Plant

Between then and now Afam Plant in Abia state has been sold. You can find more of those sold here -- http://www.nercng.org/index.php/industry-operators/licensing-procedures/licencees.

The sale of the 10 NIPP Gencos also started at around 2013 and was recently completed.

It's difficult to gauge the current stage of the privatization process but as at May 2015 we were far into the second phase as the first phase was completed in November, 2013.

Mr. Man, watch your tongue and do not mislead the public.

The Thermal GENCOS are facing hell because of the recurrent gas pipelines vandalization. The government cannot guarantee consistency of the gas supply and are currently doing little or nothing about it. But if it is to draft army personnels to look for Tompolo, they would be able to.

So when I say Buhari and Fashola should be blamed for the depressing power generation I know what I am talking about. The Hydro Plants only have an available capacity of 1,060 MW. While the Thermal Plants have a combined available capacity of 4,996 MW. You do the maths. Between the plants still run by the government and the inability of the government to protect gas pipelines, the federal government shares the bulk of the blame for the current power crisis.

-Lord

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by opia1984: 11:08am On Mar 22, 2016
INFORMATION they say is power,These pple in power think we dont know certain things tho _
opia1984:
SIMPLE fact iDoubt dis president wants us 2 see....
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by martinsoche: 11:09am On Mar 22, 2016
wait wait, buhari is not even talking about the budget again, promising 10,000 mw while we are presently having 1000 mw but before GEJ left we have 4000 mw.............. promising what is not possible or very soon he will say he did not make that promise that his party made the promise.........
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by opia1984: 11:10am On Mar 22, 2016
iChoose 2 be among the "few informed"...shaking my head 2 these APC rubbish -
Xfactoria:

Oga, stop pretending like you understand the issue with electricity in Nigeria because you and you dullard president don't!

The problem is Buhari, his northern brothers and the petroleum industry bill. GEJ commissioned power plants and we have been building them since OBJ's administration. Have you asked yourself why despite having more power plants, power generation (which is the biggest problem) has not improved?

7 of the 11 new power plants were designed to be powered by gas. The non-passage of the PIB is stalling investment in gas pipelines to bring gas to the plants because the northern part of the country (Buhari's kinsmen) has vowed to make sure the PIB does not see the light of the day because it would give more control of petroleum resources to the state among other things. So those power plants are just lying idle and contributing nothing to the national grid as of today. As long as investors continue to wait on the government to put a guiding policy in place for the oil and gas industry, any major project undertaken by any private investor is a big risk!

Of course, Buhari is spewing all the rubbish in the OP's post because he knows that many Nigerians are not informed and are lazy to do a simple research. The privatization of the sector by GEJ is the biggest boost any government has given to that sector.

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by martinsoche: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2016
buhari is confuse and don't know wat to do again, I think he needs help but who will help this bad eggs of APC ??
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by winstonjenn012: 11:20am On Mar 22, 2016
Why does PMB keep talking to Nigerians like we are fools. the issue with the power sector isn't about privatization but about efficiency. The privatization of the sector has already began and should be completed, what they should worry about is power generation and that starts by protecting the gas lines, if the govt cant do this then we will continue hammering on the same issue.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Xfactoria:

Distribution company? Hear yourself? How is it their problem to ration 1,000 - 1,500 MW of electricity to 170 million Nigerians? Do you know that the government is still in charge of generation? Or can't you tell the difference between generation and distribution?
The generating companies are not the ones asking me to pay for darkness at extreme costs.
Your comment is absolutely out of point as I have no direct business with GENCOs.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
Xfactoria:

Xfactoria:

The generating companies are not the ones asking me to pay for darkness at extreme costs.
Your comment is absolutely out of point as I have no direct business with GENCOs.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by noblegrex: 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
LordAdam:

I don't share that silly ideology. If you do not respect yourself, I wouldn't respect you. Now look at you stupidly exchanging words when you are supposedly old enough to be someone's great grand pa and even president. Clearly you reason and talk like a frustrated Junior WAEC student.

I'll take the high road here. If I wanted to commit suicide, I'll fall to your IQ level. No point saying more to a chimp.

This is my last reply to you. Swerve!!!

-Lord
cyclops.you need help but I'm not ready to help you cos you're not ready to learn and that's a serious mental problem and its not totally your fault cos you don't know you know not.Eran,ikukumpi.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Goke7: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
idupaul:

But Tinubu was the greatest beneficiary of that privatization and I don't remember him being a PDP man or Jonathan's crony

when you guys run out of ideas, you bring up Tinubu from no where to make your case, na wa for una o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Seven-fold Yoke And The Cabal That Own Nigeria-FFK / EFCC's Epic Response To Youths Protesting Against George Turner's Arrest / Muiz Banire: Why Ambode Doesn't Deserve 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.