Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree (1624 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by whiteroses(f): 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2009
My mum is a friend to a couple that goes to our church, the Guy is Nigerian while the girl is Jamaican, they love each other and already have two kids, now the guy says he's planning to relocate to Nigeria becasue UK life doesn't appeal to him at all and he is making plans already to relocate permanently, on the other hand the Jamaican girl said there is absolutely no way she is relocating to Nigeria, when she doesnt have any family and friends there, she concluded they both stay but the guy said he finds in terrifying to know that he is going to grow old in this country that is the last thing on his mind and out of the option, the girl also said no way she is relocating to Africa for the rest of her life, my mum talked to her and convinced her Nigeria is good and enjoyable and she said my mum should put her daughter (me) in her shoes if a Jamaican guy wants me to live in Jamaica for life will she agree and that was when I realized her point, but they both agree they want to be with each other for life only difference is He is not ready to stay in UK and she is not relocating to Nigeria either. the girl doesnt know this but the guy told us in two-four years he'd be living in Nigeria and their oldest child is just 4. the guy is determined to go he said he had suffered and lived for too long in UK and the first day he got here he knew he was going back home.
I still see them looking happy at church every sunday but they need to solve their differences, but who do you think is wrong and what would you do. I hope this will not ruin their relationship, my mum thinks hes pressured because he has younger brothers and sisters investing and doing well in Nigeria and they have a rich family company as well, maybe he's just angry at that lol
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by JustGood(m): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2009
In my opinion, neither of them is wrong. They just have different views.

This is something that can easily happen in cross-border marriages. Someone can just get easily fed up of his host nation where he went only to seek greener pastures. If his/her partner does not see reason to re-locate with him/her, their lives can become miserable as one party is absolutely unhappy in the country.

Its something to consider in making a choice of marriage partner. It might seem trivial at the time, but it could lead to a lifetime of unhappiness.
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2009
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by samparian(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2009
No matter where we are, we always think of home, cos sooner or later we will go back.

The guy himself should have brought it all up before marriage so that the girl knows what she's getting into. UK is not their home and Africa has a way of beckoning one to return.

The guy should explain his reasons for wanting to relocate to his wife and ask her to join him for a try out. If she doesnt like it, well they'll cross that bridge when they get there.

That's why i no wan marry oyibo.
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by whiteroses(f): 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2009
That's why i no wan marry oyibo
lol
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by Fhemmmy: 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2009
i dont blame the babe, with so much stories that she had heard about Nigeria man and how they treat their wife for Nija, the lady is scared.
Dont blame the dude either, cos no place like home, if home can work for him.
But they will have to find a common ground, maybe take the woman there to visit first and let her see and all that and that might make her to change her mind.
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by Fhemmmy: 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
whiteroses:

That's why i no wan marry oyibo
lol

u could marry a Nigerian and he decides he doesnt wanna go to nija anymore.
but i think it is not fair for the ladies or even the man to wanna worry abt where his or her family is before relocating, cos the dude probably has his own family too in Nigeria and stays in UK with the wifey that probably has some family around her.
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by rubi(f): 3:42am On Jul 25, 2009
whiteroses:

My mum is a friend to a couple that goes to our church, the Guy is Nigerian while the girl is Jamaican, they love each other and already have two kids, now the guy says he's planning to relocate to Nigeria becasue UK life doesn't appeal to him at all and he is making plans already to relocate permanently, on the other hand the Jamaican girl said there is absolutely no way she is relocating to Nigeria, when she doesnt have any family and friends there, she concluded they both stay but the guy said he finds in terrifying to know that he is going to grow old in this country that is the last thing on his mind and out of the option, the girl also said no way she is relocating to Africa for the rest of her life, my mum talked to her and convinced her Nigeria is good and enjoyable and she said my mum should put her daughter (me) in her shoes if a Jamaican guy wants me to live in Jamaica for life will she agree and that was when I realized her point, but they both agree they want to be with each other for life only difference is He is not ready to stay in UK and she is not relocating to Nigeria either. the girl doesnt know this but the guy told us in two-four years he'd be living in Nigeria and their oldest child is just 4. the guy is determined to go he said he had suffered and lived for too long in UK and the first day he got here he knew he was going back home.
I still see them looking happy at church every sunday but they need to solve their differences, but who do you think is wrong and what would you do. I hope this will not ruin their relationship, my mum thinks hes pressured because he has younger brothers and sisters investing and doing well in Nigeria and they have a rich family company as well, maybe he's just angry at that lol
It is good to marry anywhere but ideal to marry under your umbrella. I am not racist just keeping it real
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by Amigoz(f): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2009
Shouldnt they have discussed dis b4 sayn i do!
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by wealthyguy(m): 8:24am On Jul 25, 2009
Amigoz:

I thought as much.
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by whiteroses(f): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2009
Amigoz:

i know right? if I was her i'd be so upset, his behaviour is unheared of, you marry in UK you stay in UK you'll have to sacrifice all the flossy glossy waiting for you at home and face what you get yourself into. but this is a lesson to me jare, naija men for life kiss lol
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by Hotstepper(f): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2009
that's why it is good to tell eachother ur plan b4 u tangle into a relationship or marriage,
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by Hauwa1: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
even if they discusssed it before, pple change their mind. who knows they did before marriage.

i think the guy did it the wrong way, just woke up one day and hey lady, we are going home to nig for good. a small vacation to nig should have been done before the big target.

he should stay with his wife and children.
Re: Husband Needs To Relocate To Nigeria Jamaican Wife Disagree by Fhemmmy: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2009
*Hauwa*:

even if they discusssed it before, pple change their mind. who knows they did before marriage.

i think the guy did it the wrong way, just woke up one day and hey lady, we are going home to nig for good. a small vacation to nig should have been done before the big target.

he should stay with his wife and children.

even if he is not happy staying out of Nigeria anymore?
Even if there better opportunity in Nigeria for him and wanna realize his dreams?

(1) (Reply)

Same Woman Before/after Childbirth: / Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed / Fastest Wedding Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.