Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

How To Live With a contentious woman - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Live With a contentious woman (37463 Views)

My Husband Lied His Concubine Was His Aunt, Made Me Live With Her – Wife / Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / "When You Still Live With Your Parents At 36" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by vislabraye(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
favoured234:
OP contentious is not an everyday word
How will someone know what contentious is or what it means
I m not a writer but in my years of reading, most times writers define what they going to discuss about in the first paragraph so we don't lose interest in the write-up while we are looking for dictionary meaning

Contentious is a common word. Someone who's troublesome and fond of fighting.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by bewildered: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
Spot on
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by osmoses305: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=Bibors post=43997890]I have read many threads and comments here about avoiding errors in making choices of your spouce hence this my first thread on how those who now live with a contentious and nagging wife can survive.

Once the knot is tied and the butterflies fly away and reality sets in , its now time to take the bull by he horn and survive or DIE.
Note- these women have good intentions for being contentious women. They are protecting their man. Wants him to come back home straight from the office, to always look away when he sees a beautiful woman, calls and calls to know where you are and still calls even after a million explanations until you can't take the call again, try to stop you from hanging out with friends over a bottle of beer, try to correct everything they perceive as an error you made, goes the extreme with you as in- why call consistently when i have told you what's up, then you hear OK I will NEVER call again. Ahhh the list is endless.

The typical Naija man is a hardworking hustler who doesn't want to be slowed down with the rules to make a woman happy while he withdraws into a shell.

1. Never keep pleasing her to displease yourselves- if you keep playing by her rules she will still complain.
2. Never neglect your network of friends especially guys you discuss business with just because she doesn't like them.
3. Never raise your hands on her except she has beaten you atleast twice- ie. Her first beating could be a mistake, second beating, she has anger issues, if she tries to repeat it, Brother deliver her but carefully so you Dont give marks or injury for she still remains your wife.
4. Provide all you can but never get into debt to please her.
5. You can never talk sense into a contentious woman if you try you hurt both yourselves more so resort to short syllabus words- Love you, thank you, excuse me, fine, etc.
She will never stop checking your phone and will still fine faults even when there is nothing there so always lock yours and never look at hers.
6. She will manipulate to into jealousy- Never give into any kind of manipulation no matter how it hurts.
7. Ignore her rantings and concentrate on raising your kids.

8. Live with your problems, get used to it, and you will walk through victorious where others have failed.
9. Always remember that the man who contends with more problems/ issues and challenges is always a better man.

Name callers are welcome- constructive critisiam is well come above all matured experienced contributions very welcomed.
[/quote

This is exactly Wat am facing but Tanx to u because u av solved all my problems

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ashjay001(m): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tallesty1:
At least twice? I disagree.
A perfect gentleman is the one who knows when not to be gentle.
Hit me once and I will reset your head.
Reset not equal to panel beating o!
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
OP, this is the kind of woman I want for marriage, not someone who will not try to know where I am and what I am doing.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by dilini(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

#Can'thelpbutshakemyhead

I could find you a list of psychiatrist in Ngeria

Lol.... Surely I can help you get admitted in one those you can recommend... and it fits a moniker like you..
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bibors:
y

You are right bro but u just have to do all that yo can do to stand before you are labeled a woman beater. These chicks watch romance movies and try to recreate it without localizing it.
never be scared of what people will label you at all, is she not a man beater and converted the husband to a woman beater? Or are we not in the era of gender equality? Whoop that trick a** bi*** but never hit a true African queen, i love them.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by vislabraye(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

vislabraye

When I a call som emen stupid, they think I am being troublkesome

How these two things supposed to lead when they have refused to observe and understand their environment angry

Here is what going happen, another woman would be beating because an idi.iot believed that it is only way to gain control. Your daughter would undergo process, she might also get off from being pummelled like a none..ntity.

And the cycle will keep going on and on because some foo..ls have decided not to understand their environment

Well, I hope you are not referring to me as such men. Stop being a contentious man. As you read from my post, I was only speaking based on what I've heard and experienced. I'm not saying it's right but that is what I heard.
I have heard ladies that admit to admire a man that beats them. For instance, my pastor was telling us his experience when he wanted to get married. The lady he was courting then was very cantankerous and it was upsetting him. A pastor's wife now called him apart and told him, "the way you are handling this woman with soft hands, she will not respect you oh. You need to beat her sometimes. We ladies need to be beaten at times."
May be you need to do a research yourself.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bibors:

No need to comment further. Accept my sympathy
omfg hahahahaha nigga you're something else man. She sure needs 'em sympathy though.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Maser: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
akankemi1:
very useless thread. wonder y it made FP. magosh...get married first

Why are you particularly pained by the thread? Are you a contentious woman?

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ewizard1: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
lozanni:

grin You sure you are not a 'crank' like the Op was describing?

Exactly my thought!!! So pained! grin
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ewizard1: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
ezelos:
. Why poke ur nose on wats not ur biz!
I taya oooo! Maybe she's one like OP described!

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ewizard1: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
akinszz:
The day a woman raises her hand to hit first will be the day[b] she will regret been alive[/b]. a man mustn't be weak. Guy, na fire for fire.
At the bolded....

Nah bro... just make her regret ever raising her fist against a MAN!
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
tron23:
I personally don't like commenting on certain issues. But o well here we go.

The book of proverbs says that it's better to live in the roof Top than to live with a contentious woman.
Believe me, atleast seperate, live in different houses. Because no matter what you do, that contentious woman will never change her ways and in the process cause you pain, poverty and misery.

You can never amount to anything in life if you as a man remain in such a marriage.
As a man you need peace in your home inorder to be productive at work.
Live is too short to spend with Wicked people.
Safe.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ewizard1: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
mamajaz:
When we take the pain to watch over your welfare, you call it contention.
When we correct you in love with much emphasis, you call it witch-hunting.
When we look away from your untoward attitude to members of the family, you call us carefree.
When we speak up a bit, you call us nags.
It is so painful there more boys than men heading families .
Such that, many women have to start training them while we still service them at night, take care of the seed of their so called love plays and nurture their children.
Small boys forming mature men since Adam's days, SMH sadly.
Quote me without sense and thunder that will fire you will finish it's press up and release itself on you.

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bibors:

Brother pls Dont act too fast. Oyibo movies have scenes where they guy grabs the chick during the first beating and kiss her. It may work.

My brother that one na oyibo movies ooh! If my woman raise one hand, no be for here she go carry am down ooo
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ewizard1: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
DeeTus:
OP, this is the kind of woman I want for marriage, not someone who will not try to know where I am and what I am doing.
Bros, pray you dont jamm! lipsrsealed
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
vislabraye:

Well, I hope you are not referring to me as such men. Stop being a contentious man. As you read from my post, I was only speaking based on what I've heard and experienced. I'm not saying it's right but that is what I heard.
I have heard ladies that admit to admire a man that beats them. For instance, my pastor was telling us his experience when he wanted to get married. The lady he was courting then was very cantankerous and it was upsetting him. A pastor's wife now called him apart and told him, "the way you are handling this woman with soft hands, she will not respect you oh. You need to beat her sometimes. We ladies need to be beaten at times."
May be you need to do a research yourself.

Learn to distinguish ladies that love to be beaten from the ones that don't. There is no excuse for violence or abuse. Some women like to be beaten, but don't ever lump us together. An unruly woman is an unruly woman. Claiming that all women especially the unruly ones wants to be flogged is madness. Would you offer the same solution in dealing with unruly men?

Some women that act like that so that they could be beaten is highly likely due to the fact that they have come to associate power and control with violence thanks to their stvpid parents and stvpid siblings. They find it difficult to communicate and they tend to be into traditional power and domination stuffs. They are damaged. For some, it could be due to the fact that their fathers used to be beat their mothers, they have come to rationalise violence has a means to an end. Women like that end up either as a victim or as a perpetrator.

FYI, women like that would continue the abuse with their kids. That means your kids will grow up to be either a perpetrator or a victim and the cycle goes on and on and on and on! You will end up damaging yourself and your kids because you want to teach an unruly woman a lesson.

However if she is doing it because it turns her on, it is best you ask her and keep it within the confines of your bedroom

*** By violence, I also mean non-physical forms of domestic abuse too.

That woman deserves to be beaten like a goat. If your pastor listened to her, he must be a very bad leader.
Ermmm...how would you identify an unruly woman who likes to be assaulted?

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
mamajaz:
When we take the pain to watch over your welfare, you call it contention.
When we correct you in love with much emphasis, you call it witch-hunting.
When we look away from your untoward attitude to members of the family, you call us carefree.
When we speak up a bit, you call us nags.
It is so painful there more boys than men heading families .
Such that, many women have to start training them while we still service them at night, take care of the seed of their so called love plays and nurture their children.
Small boys forming mature men since Adam's days, SMH sadly.
Quote me without sense and thunder that will fire you will finish it's press up and release itself on you.
all depends on how you go about it bc even mad people think they are sane. Just want to spend few seconds on your comment, speaking up a bit is d/f from nagging, service them? Are you not enjoying the sex too? Take care of their children? So they're not your children? In all a virtuous woman knows why, when and most importantly how to discuss and make her husband see reasons with her if there is one which is a skill most ladies lack and don't want to learn, don't try to be a man's mom he already has/had one you will only irritate him. Work on your attitude.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by applebee: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
[color=#770077][let's settle this issue of women who will love to be beaten once and for all. Hit like if you will love beating to correct your sense sometimes ]
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
OlowoB:

Your other feminists don't even have it this bad jumping on all threads with bitterness.

You need help urgently. Cock sucker

By the way, you haven't said ODE today. Hope you are alright mate?

OlowoB, I have a feeling this lady will drive the sword throw herself in the end. Watch this space grin
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

Learn to distinguish ladies that love to be beaten from the ones that don't. There is no excuse for violence or abuse. Some women like to be beaten, but don't ever lump us together. An unruly woman is an unruly woman. Claiming that all women especially the unruly ones wants to be flogged is madness. Would you offer the same solution in dealing with unruly men?

Some women that act like that so that they could be beaten is highly likely due to the fact that they have come to associate power and control with violence thanks to their stvpid parents and stvpid siblings. They find it difficult to communicate and they tend to be into traditional power and domination stuffs. They are damaged. For some, it could be due to the fact that their fathers used to be beat their mothers, they have come to rationalise violence has a means to an end. Women like that end up either as a victim or as a perpetrator.

FYI, women like that would continue the abuse with their kids. That means your kids will grow up to be either a perpetrator or a victim and the cycle goes on and on and on and on! You will end up damaging yourself and your kids because you want to teach an unruly woman a lesson.

However if she is doing it because it turns her on, it is best you ask her and keep it within the confines of your bedroom

That woman deserves to be beaten like a goat. If your pastor listened to her, he must be a very bad leader.
spot on bro, who wants a damaged goods? I pray lord give me a woman that is mine, very compactible with me so that we can beat romeo and juliet's love bro, i so despise trouble and unnecessary rants. So far most nl girls tend to showcase their insecurities and lack of knowledge when the comment you just wonder if brain damage is a mere medical condition in most nl/Nigerian girls.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
icedbeatz:
spot on bro, who wants a damaged goods? I pray lord give me a woman that is mine, very compactible with me so that we can beat romeo and juliet's love bro, i so despise trouble and unnecessary rants. So far most nl girls tend to showcase their insecurities and lack of knowledge when the comment you just wonder if brain damage is a mere medical condition in most nl/Nigerian girls.

Some men on Nairaland are also guilty of the above including you wink (If memory would serve me right) undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by vislabraye(m): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

I'm not supporting it, anyway. At least my pastor doesn't support it.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
curiositymaster:

OlowoB, I have a feeling this lady will drive the sword throw herself in the end. Watch this space grin

I will have to do you first grin
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by ourchoice(m): 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
OlowoB:

That one you had to quote ..... Virtuos woman? I laugh in Swahili.

Bro nice points by the way.

Happy Easter
Same to you my brother, she can be a different person from her comments on nairalander, you never can tell. Have a blissful night rest smiley
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Ezeanna: 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Woman and man palaver...... E no dey tire una?

Simple advise una no wan follow. Woman submit, Man love. Shikena.

Why all the bruhahaha? Make una dey fear God o.

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
vislabraye:

I'm not supporting it, anyway. At least my pastor doesn't support it.
You are not but you like to tell tyhe world what you think you know. Don't you know that some idi.ot could act on that information?
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by daniel456: 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
brother you are a genius...you should be given a grammy for these!
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
ourchoice:
Same to you my brother, she can be a different person from her comments on nairalander, you never can tell. Have a blissful night rest smiley
embarassed embarassed

I am like this when I am dealing with moro.s and sex..ist pigs grin

However if you have a good head on your shoulder, I am the sweetest person on earth

1 Like

Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by mamajaz(f): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
icedbeatz:
all depends on how you go about it bc even mad people think they are sane. Just want to spend few seconds on your comment, speaking up a bit is d/f from nagging, service them? Are you not enjoying the sex too? Take care of their children? So they're not your children? In all a virtuous woman knows why, when and most importantly how to discuss and make her husband see reasons with her if there is one which is a skill most ladies lack and don't want to learn, don't try to be a man's mom he already has/had one you will only irritate him. Work on your attitude.
See your head, you think you know it all abi ? Go and ask how daddy listened to mummy's tutelage before they made it work. ...but you guys want everything free in free town nowadays.
You don't want any body to cross the lines you have drawn and eventually you most times mislead the whole family 'cos of your peer- oiled ego.
How I wish most ladies could look away when you guys are at it and let you toe the path you choose, but we can't just look away 'cos when you kill arogidigba tan you can't finish the tail self, not to talk of the whole shark.
Re: How To Live With a contentious woman by jibs4lv(m): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bibors:

Why? Please Educate me.
don't mind him please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / I Sold My Husband’s House And Relocated To The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.