Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) (50501 Views)

Is Coronation Merchant Bank Recruitment A Scam Or Not? / Food Hygiene Initiative Of Nigeria, Scam Or Legit? / Is This Real Or Scam Or GNLD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by overlord77: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
Untainted007:
We can't conclude yet if its a scam. Since the letter read that they will first make the payment till your visa is out and you have to confirm its real. That they will make the first payment and you will reimburse them after it's successful. In that case, me I will ask them to invest their money while you wait and watch them in 3D while u are sipping your bottle of Pepsi with some pop corn. Don't conclude yet just don't part away with your money for processing.

Dude, this is a very big rip off, don't fall for it o. Did you check the tenses of the letter at all? Also, no genuine company or have heard of ever requested for any payment whatsoever.

Thread carefully bro and don't fall for this.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Untainted007: 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
blackpearl21:
Confirm your visa online but not on your passport? Dude are you a learner? They will refund you when you arrive? I laugh in french. You even sound like you've already fallen for it bro. Be wise, don't allow yourself get scammed

Chairman, I'm nt a learner, but if u want to catch a monkey u need to relax and pretend like one. I never support paying any dime till it confirms to av been processed. It's just like someone assuring u of bringing in a vehicle wit his own money frm Benin republic and payment will be made after delivery. In dat note all u need to do it to wait for d delivery. See everything in life is a risk. Play your game with some sense and ask experienced people like d op did. Even if its a scam he has been pre cautioned by fellas like me, u and some other Nairalanders. Have a blessed day
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Toscoas2(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
I'm not concerned wit money they asked you to pay, I jst hv few questions for u op
1. did you apply for the said employment?
2. when did you apply?
3. hv you contacted d said organization if truly u applied?
your answers to d above questions would help me to knw whether they are scammer or not.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Lmaoooooo! See this scammer oooo

Timoleon:
Why are people always quick to condemn? instead of u to be happy for his success story,u r here claiming its scam.

@op, i know the company, they are a genuine company based on the outskirts of omans largest city. In other to facilitate this payment quickly, u can pay thru my gtb account....0419419419 i will finish the transaction for you and u will get ur visa and dream job. lest i forget d account name is 'Timoleon Streetside'. Expecting to get alert before noon tomorrow.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MrPatricsoN: 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
YBNL cheesy
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by bmos(m): 7:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=

How much naira equivalent is 1000 dirhams in the first place?
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by 400billionman: 7:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:
I need help here. I want to know if this stuff is real. I applied for jobs on a dubai based site, dubbizle.com

some time this month, I got a mail from a supposed firm in Oman demanding that I send my whatsapp number to them that I showed interest to work in their firm. I sent the number. They called me on whatsapp with a foreign number and I was 'interviewed'. I was also asked to scan to them the first page of my international passport, I did. Attached is the rest of the discussion.

I dont know if its real or the work of scammers. Also attached is the Offer letter they sent me

Once they demand money, it is SCAM..

Scammers are even on LINKEDIN..

Everywhere, they put up fake profiles..
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Shukran(f): 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
MotorConnectz:
really? That's rude you don't know me. First of all I'm not a scammer. And I think this process is applicable to odd jobs only.

My friend go and find yourself a better job. I know your type.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by frankzone: 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:

so a well respected site like dubizzle now work with scammers to rip people off their money? its hard to comprehend - somehow
Dubizzle is the same as OLX, they clearly warn against paying any recruiter
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by jonny86(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
A very big scam. The letter is computer generated. Official letter would have been in the company's official letter. Look at the date. New times Roman fonts. The choice and use of colours also confirm it that it is a scam. The reasons they gave for asking for the money is so lame. Run with ur two leg bro
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by francis247(m): 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
gbens2000:
THE GREATEST SCAM IN HISTORY JUST LIKE APC TO NIGERIANS.
4 where?Dis scam dey learn 4 where APC own dey O.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by mukhcech(m): 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
iwakunbaba:
It is a scam. The company will contact you and tell you to do all necessary tests, send you a letter to get your visa here, pay ur way there, once you are their staff they refund all it costs you in getting to oman. My friend is in abu-dhabi thats how he did it

who b this?
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MOOJIMOH(m): 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
My question to you is, did you applied for job there? If yes, guy that offer is yours.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by gfullmoon(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
This is a high powered fraud. Once you pay a dime you will keep paying till you refuse to pay again. Funnily they will blame you for losing the "job" because you refused to make the final payment. OYO.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Mbediogu(m): 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Untainted007:
We can't conclude yet if its a scam. Since the letter read that they will first make the payment till your visa is out and you have to confirm its real. That they will make the first payment and you will reimburse them after it's successful. In that case, me I will ask them to invest their money while you wait and watch them in 3D while u are sipping your bottle of Pepsi with some pop corn. Don't conclude yet just don't part away with your money for processing.

If he did not apply for the job it is pure scam.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Shukran(f): 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
wisemany2k:

Lol...perhaps he's defending his cheap scam

He is a real scammer, I know his type!
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Insightz(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:
I need help here. I want to know if this stuff is real. I applied for jobs on a dubai based site, dubbizle.com

some time this month, I got a mail from a supposed firm in Oman demanding that I send my whatsapp number to them that I showed interest to work in their firm. I sent the number. They called me on whatsapp with a foreign number and I was 'interviewed'. I was also asked to scan to them the first page of my international passport, I did. Attached is the rest of the discussion.

I dont know if its real or the work of scammers. Also attached is the Offer letter they sent me

Thanks for sharing with us. We encourage Nairalanders to post stuff like this.

Now I have done some research for you. My breakdown is as follows:

1: Dubizle is a well known scam cesspool

2: The company 'oman airports management company saoc', to my knowledge does not offer job vacancies in seeb international airport (location of the restaurant where you would be working)

3: There is no midsummer restaurant in seeb, Oman ( I could be wrong).

4: They could have used muscat international airport (well known name than seeb) at least thats the name I found on the website

5: I couldn't find any 'Mohamed Sohaib Al Baari

6: I couldn't find Salman Elton Tinaj either. No linkedin profile either

7: What they are asking you pay is the e-visa fee. It does not cost 1000. The cost is 20 Omani Riyals!

8: That paper template is obliviously photo-shopped.

9: There is too much urgency in that message you posted

10: The employment letter is shabby

etc, etc, etc

Steps you can take:

1: Call or send email to the company in question. This is their official email.
feedbackmct (@) omanairports. com Phone numbers: +968-2-4-3-4-1-0-0-0

2: Ask them to send you the visa confirmation email

3: Ask them to send you the visa application reference number. You can then check the status yourself using this link: rop(.)gov(.)om

4: Use your common sense. Dont indicate you are desperate

etc, etc, etc. Send me an email if you need further

Transact safely!

4 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Welcomme: 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pheals:
Let me laugh out my sorrows undecided undecided
Iyawo mi...Bawo ni? oto ojo meta
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by precisionindepth: 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:

Thanks soo much bro
Dont ever try parting with any amount of your money. Dont try it
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by whitejulius81: 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Babanla scam
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by abidex0z(m): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
that's a bloody lie,such a thing as happened to me for once I lost 2500 dirhams....rather tell those scumbags to do the visa and on getting there you will pay their money when you start working more so if they claimed they can issue the visa,do not confirm the shit online. you print it out n take it to any airlines at the airport to screen n confirm if it is real.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by mikolo80: 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:

Thanks soo much bro
you wan enter one chance ba.where do you pay for job that is not a scam
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Iwonimi(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
Scam @ it peak
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Lexusgs430: 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
himkers:
lalasticlala, pls help me frontpage this stuff. I need to hear from nairalanders

The actual company exists, why not Google their number and put a call through to them directly?
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MotorConnectz(m): 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
Shukran:

My friend go and find yourself a better job. I know your type.
I will simply ignore your dumb allegations. I only commented because I went through the same process in dubai I thought it was the same with his, and you are here calling me a scam. Since you said you work in Dubai call the number and ask them yourself and see if I'm a scam. Come back here and modify your comments about me. It's in business bay area near creek metro station. Their office is in blue bay towers on the 17th floor.

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by princefaculty(m): 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
I will be game if i get a job, get apid and settle afterwards. But settle us and get a jobs started na big scam and na babas
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by ammyluv2002(f): 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
MotorConnectz:
I will simply ignore your dumb allegations. I only commented because I went through the same process in dubai I thought it was the same with his, and you are here calling me a scam. Since you said you work in Dubai call the number and ask them yourself and see if I'm a scam. Come back here and modify your comments about me. It's in business bay area near creek metro station. Their office is in blue bay towers on the 17th floor.
Bros, you don vex o
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
Insightz:

Thanks for sharing with us. We encourage Nairalanders to post stuff like this.

Now I have done some research for you. My breakdown is as follows:

1: Dubizle is a well known scam cesspool

2: The company 'oman airports management company saoc', to my knowledge does not offer job vacancies in seeb international airport (location of the restaurant where you would be working)

3: There is no midsummer restaurant in seeb, Oman ( I could be wrong).

4: They could have used muscat international airport (well known name than seeb) at least thats the name I found on the website

5: I couldn't find any 'Mohamed Sohaib Al Baari

6: I couldn't find Salman Elton Tinaj either. No linkedin profile either

7: What they are asking you pay is the e-visa fee. It does not cost 1000. The cost is 20 Omani Riyals!

8: That paper template is obliviously photo-shopped.

9: There is too much urgency in that message you posted

10: The employment letter is shabby

etc, etc, etc

Steps you can take:

1: Call or send email to the company in question. This is their official email.
feedbackmct (@) omanairports. com Phone numbers: +968-2-4-3-4-1-0-0-0

2: Ask them to send you the visa confirmation email

3: Ask them to send you the visa application reference number. You can then check the status yourself using this link: rop(.)gov(.)om

4: Use your common sense. Dont indicate you are desperate

etc, etc, etc. Send me an email if you need further

Transact safely!

U just took ur time to do my job for me, tnx soo much. I appreciate and may God bless u

1 Like

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MotorConnectz(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Bros, you don vex o
its annoying! she doesn't know me and she just pops up and calls me a scam. I only commented on the post because I stay in dubai and I have undergone a process like this too and awaiting my working visa. That's all. I'm I the one that sent the OP the email?? Habaa!
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Maski87: 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Advanced fee fraud also known as 419 in case you still don't get it
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by lordkenny(m): 8:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
@Op just want to be double sure even a nursery pupil knows this is a scam.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by tomzman: 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
jackyraw09:
scam. No company will send you an official email and then use abbreviations such as 'u' instead 'you'

etc. wise up bro
I thought I was the only one that saw that. That alone is enough to write off the whole stuff as a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Npower List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2017-2018 | Npower Shortlisted Candidates / N-Power: Verification Of Credentials Has Commenced In Edo / Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.