Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) (50505 Views)

Is Coronation Merchant Bank Recruitment A Scam Or Not? / Food Hygiene Initiative Of Nigeria, Scam Or Legit? / Is This Real Or Scam Or GNLD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by miracleedwards: 4:17am On Mar 23, 2016
My dear from experience this is a scam, why didn't they use emails, so that they can copy both your prospective employers the respective embassy and other relevant bodies don't fall for this.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MotorConnectz(m): 5:25am On Mar 23, 2016
Shukran:

You were also scam too and you became a scammer when you get a geniue employment in UAE all expenses are paid for you. Does Oman use dihrams? why charge him in dihrams? Is all scam.
Mumu. I never said they used dirhams in OMAN, I was just saying since Oman and dubai are in the GCC it's probably the same way they operate since I went through almost the same process in dubai. You can't even speak correct english. shocked shocked shocked. Yet you claim you have a job as HR in the UAE. You are the scam. How can someone that has grammatical error like you work as HR in a place like dubai Hahahaha. Mumuuuu, your English is poor. Fix your grammar first before stepping up to me. I have been wasting my time replying a duns.. You are probably some street individual with a techno phone trying to play smart with me. I have showed evidence, show yours. Did you even pass waec cheesy cheesy. I'm done here! Lol. Mumu...

2 Likes

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by nkenu(m): 6:41am On Mar 23, 2016
This is very cheap scam Point Bkank. The construction of the english in that letter alone shows that it doesn't come from an organisation. Pls don't depart with your money pls, i beg you in the name of God !!!
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Jayroland: 6:48am On Mar 23, 2016
it's a sure scam bro. Read the mail very well, you'll notice those 'stuffs' scammers use. for instance, 'so we decided to pay it for you, when your visa is out, you'll pay us back'. the cost of processing a visa could be 200dirhams etc. Also, professional bodies don't shorten their words like... 'u'. It's pure scam, run for your dear pocket.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Shukran(f): 7:15am On Mar 23, 2016
MotorConnectz:
Mumu. I never said they used dirhams in OMAN, I was just saying since Oman and dubai are in the GCC it's probably the same way they operate since I went through almost the same process in dubai. You can't even speak correct english. shocked shocked shocked. Yet you claim you have a job as HR in the UAE. You are the scam. How can someone that has grammatical error like you work as HR in a place like dubai Hahahaha. Mumuuuu, your English is poor. Fix your grammar first before stepping up to me. I have been wasting my time replying a duns.. You are probably some street individual with a techno phone trying to play smart with me. I have showed evidence, show yours. Did you even pass waec cheesy cheesy. I'm done here! Lol. Mumu...

Come I Will employee you and give you a better life. Slave. You are a slave in Dubai.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by ngaal7: 8:16am On Mar 23, 2016
Friend, this is a scam. They will never ask you for money if it's genuine. I have been invited to Abu dhabi by Oil and Gas coy and they paid all expense bill: flight to & fro and hotel accommodation in Grand millennium Hotel. So don't be discourage, keep trying and be prayerful.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Dcarding(m): 8:32am On Mar 23, 2016
Hmmmmm!!!

You have to be careful.

Have u contacted them before?

Were you interviewed before this offer?
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by gbens2000(m): 9:28am On Mar 23, 2016
fortune1968:
no. its jona d clueless buffon .
anyways they are all scammers.i tire for this country.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MotorConnectz(m): 9:49am On Mar 23, 2016
Shukran:

Come I Will employee you and give you a better life. Slave. You are a slave in Dubai.
LooooooL You see. ((((Gbagaun)))) I will "employee you" poor grammar again. Hahahahahahaha... you just dey fire bomb any how for here. Please take it easy. You be boko haram?? HR in dubai my foot!!! Be deceiving yourself. At least if you convert my salary I'm making 160k with free accommodation, transportation and health insurance. Hassle free job. CCTV security chilling bro. Mean while you are in Nigeria without waec with a techno phone bombing nairaland with bad english.

I laugh in arab!!! cheesy grin grin cheesy

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by MrGreattony: 10:21am On Mar 23, 2016
ziccoit:
Tread carefully bros. scammers are getting advanced everyday as people too get wiser. It looks unreal to me.

I tried to use google search but nothing came out which is quite unusual except your are among the first set of victims that would receive this mail. Oman has been used a lot to scam people but S.A.O.C failed to return scam results.
Not just to you bro, it's unreal...fake, it is fake.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by alaskido(m): 10:35am On Mar 23, 2016
THIS IS A SCAM MY BROTHER. RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE. WHY CANT YOU WORK IN NIGERIA YOUR MOTHERLAND?
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Shukran(f): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2016
MotorConnectz:
LooooooL You see. ((((Gbagaun)))) I will "employee you" poor grammar again. Hahahahahahaha... you just dey fire bomb any how for here. Please take it easy. You be boko haram?? HR in dubai my foot!!! Be deceiving yourself. At least if you convert my salary I'm making 160k with free accommodation, transportation and health insurance. Hassle free job. CCTV security chilling bro. Mean while you are in Nigeria without waec with a techno phone bombing nairaland with bad english.

I laugh in arab!!! cheesy grin grin cheesy

Yea, is grammatical error and my phone auto correct. So? Living in hostel and you call that accommodation? Lol... Mr English teacher:-). Stop enslaving yourself.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by lightdotcom: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dude find out the email id they contacted you through. Does it look like an official email address. Can you access the company website thru it. Well it could either be fake or real. Dont mind the use of English in the letter cos the guys over there are not proficient in English.

U could also write to politely let them know your fears/worry maybe they can clear your worries. As for the 2000dirhams commission I will advise you dont pay that until you get there. Good luck!
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by DolaPat: 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
Kreamie:
RUN..SCAM..YOU'LL KNOW FROM THE SERIES OF GBAGAUNS!

Kreamie... it may actually be a scam oh, but i can bet to disagree cos recently my closest friend got a full tuition scholarship to study in a university in New Orleans in America, there were a lot of grammatical/typo errors, i thot it was unreal at first, but as i speak to you, she is america and studying for REAL.....GBAGAUN MAY NOT NECESSARILY MEAN FAKE OHHHH
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by bb6xt(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tell them you'll fax them a contract stipulating that you'll pay them the commission upon your arrival in Oman to take the job. There's a good reason why 419 is called "Advance Fee Fraud".
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by brosammy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bro be very careful,i nearly fall for that some times back if not for God' s grace. It is a scam
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by pimpo: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
himkers:

Thanks soo much bro

The paying for you first just bait to make you feel you have nothing to lose. Its a scam.
No reputable employer or agency asks for money. Don't let your desire cloud your common sense.

1 Like

Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Mbediogu(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Untainted007:

Op didn't mentioned if he did applied for it or not. But even though he did applied, he can't cast all his trust on it. What if, he applied but it's fake job advert. All I keep saying is if the said firm can't spend their own money to facilitate it to completion he should forget abt it.

SCAMMERS ARE NOT AFRAID TO SPEND. THEY SPEND SMALL IN ORDER TO GET MORE, - INVESTMENT. UNDERSTAND? BROS SHINE YOUR EYES O O O.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by uckennety(m): 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
himkers:

Thanks soo much bro

Am in abu dhabi it's scam!!!!! Don't wanna go into details
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 24, 2016
SCAM.

see as they keep hitting on the money issue.
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by dubemnaija: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2016
Insightz:

Thanks for sharing with us. We encourage Nairalanders to post stuff like this.

Now I have done some research for you. My breakdown is as follows:

1: Dubizle is a well known scam cesspool

2: The company 'oman airports management company saoc', to my knowledge does not offer job vacancies in seeb international airport (location of the restaurant where you would be working)

3: There is no midsummer restaurant in seeb, Oman ( I could be wrong).

4: They could have used muscat international airport (well known name than seeb) at least thats the name I found on the website

5: I couldn't find any 'Mohamed Sohaib Al Baari

6: I couldn't find Salman Elton Tinaj either. No linkedin profile either

7: What they are asking you pay is the e-visa fee. It does not cost 1000. The cost is 20 Omani Riyals!

8: That paper template is obliviously photo-shopped.

9: There is too much urgency in that message you posted

10: The employment letter is shabby

etc, etc, etc

Steps you can take:

1: Call or send email to the company in question. This is their official email.
feedbackmct (@) omanairports. com Phone numbers: +968-2-4-3-4-1-0-0-0

2: Ask them to send you the visa confirmation email

3: Ask them to send you the visa application reference number. You can then check the status yourself using this link: rop(.)gov(.)om

4: Use your common sense. Dont indicate you are desperate

etc, etc, etc. Send me an email if you need further

Transact safely!

Hello... My other moniker was banned. I ve gotten a reply from that guy. He claims the visa is out and I can now verify it. I need to show you some of things

He said I can verify the visa at www.omanvisaquery.com

I even went ahead to check it, but I couldn't verify the authenticity of the said visa I saw in that site. I can send you the Visa application number he sent me and also my passport number. I tried checking the visa status using the visa application number he sent me, on the site you gave me, www.rop.gov.om and it's saying invalid details
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Insightz(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2016
dubemnaija:

Hello... My other moniker was banned. I ve gotten a reply from that guy. He claims the visa is out and I can now verify it. I need to show you some of things

He said I can verify the visa at www. omanvisaquery. com

I even went ahead to check it, but I couldn't verify the authenticity of the said visa I saw in that site. I can send you the Visa application number he sent me and also my passport number. I tried checking the visa status using the visa application number he sent me, on the site you gave me, www. rop. gov. om and it's saying invalid details

Hi man,

Sorry, I have been away from nairaland for a while. if I am not late to the party, I would advice that you exercise some caution though. I did the following research for you again:

1. www. omanvisaquery. com was recently registered, it is less than 1 year old.
2. The website is probably operated from the US.
3. There is no specific information regarding their connection with the immigration service. For e.g. they do not have service code
4. They do not appear to be validly registered for the said business.
5. The website is really unprofessional looking. It is not well designed
6. They cannot be reached by phone or email.

What I advice you to do:

1. Send an email through the email I posted here. Tell them you have a visa number that is not being authenticated
2. Ask them to authenticate the visa

This should clarify all issues for you. Send me copies of the visa application and the visa number. Use the email in my signature.

Meanwhile, DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENTS. DO NOT!

Transact safely!
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by princeemmy123(m): 8:26am On Feb 06, 2017
Bro check out d contact line below d letter, then go to d original website of the company den gov check their 24 hours flight enquiry. It's a scam
Re: HELP! Is This A Scam Or Real (photos Attached) by Michaelpraise: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2023
09169583117 and 09038750543. These are scammers numbers claiming to be staff of Arik Air.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Npower List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2017-2018 | Npower Shortlisted Candidates / N-Power: Verification Of Credentials Has Commenced In Edo / Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.