Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides (16524 Views)

Saraki, Dogara And Yari Greeted Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) / "It Will Be Suicidal To Threaten Saraki & Dogara" - Osinbajo / What We Discussed With Buhari — Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by emamos: 6:49am On Mar 24, 2016
The National Assembly management has requested the presiding officers to reduce the number of their aides by at least 60 percent as part of cost cutting measures, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.
Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara and their deputies have hired over 400 aides, sources said.
Saraki is said to have over 112 aides, Dogara about 170, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu 60 and Deputy Speaker Yusuf Suleiman Lasun 58.
But the assembly bureaucracy has lately asked the presiding officers and their deputies to reduce the figures drastically.
Sources said Saraki and Dogara have been requested to cut down the numbers to 25 each while Ekweremadu and Lasun should have 17 each.
The aides are in three categories - Special Advisers (SAs), Senior Special Assistants (SSAs) and Special Assistants whose salaries range between N700, 000 to over a million naira each.
The special advisers earn about the same salaries as federal permanent secretaries while the others earn higher than directors in federal government establishments.
Daily Trust reports that two weeks ago over N10bn was paid as severance package to Senate and House legislative aides that served in the seventh assembly. The severance pay was 300 percent of their annual basic salary.
In January, the presiding officers met with the National Assembly management on how to cut down on expenditures.
Sources said the management intimated the presiding officers that they could not guarantee regular payment of salaries to such aides, especially when most of them were placed on higher grade levels.
Daily Trust findings revealed that the salaries of all the political appointees have not been paid since January.
It was gathered that the last time the aides collected their salaries was in December.
Most of the aides are said to have little or even nothing to do. They hang around the National Assembly complex or stay in their colleagues’ offices as they have no offices of their own.
A source close to the office of the Senate President explained that most of the appointments were mere ‘political patronage.’
“The appointments are political patronages; it is an avenue to settle supporters politically. Most of them will be collecting salaries without doing anything.
“I know only last week two persons were recruited. They showed me their employment letters,” he said.
Daily Trust also gathered that about 50 percent of the aides are former lawmakers who served with Dogara during the last 7th Assembly.
Most of them were said to have been rewarded for their support to Dogara, while a few others were nominated by some close friends to the speaker.
“The truth of the matter is that he (Dogara) made so many appointments. He has different manner of aides.”
A top management staff, who preferred anonymity, told Daily Trust that it was true that the speaker over-employed.
It was gathered that the National Assembly management made two suggestions to the speaker on how to manage the situation.
The management told Dogara to demote most of the special advisers to senior special assistants, while majority of the senior special assistants should be demoted to personal assistants otherwise the only option would be to sack most of the appointees.

l

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/saraki-dogara-hire-282-aides/139303.html

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by emamos: 6:49am On Mar 24, 2016
It is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by fashoo2010(m): 6:51am On Mar 24, 2016
Hmm... Imagine one person with more than 150 aides, despite the hardship going on in this country. Its better they reduce the no of aides or they demote most of them. God will help us in this country

5 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by delishpot: 6:54am On Mar 24, 2016
Those are among the few enjoying the dividends of democracy. Those are among the few who can tell us the flavour of our National cake. Those are among the few that Nigeria cares for.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by SleekMallam: 6:56am On Mar 24, 2016
They shouldn't worry cos an all inclusive budget of faaji has been passed. No shaking.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by stuff46(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2016
I weep for this nation. Wtf. Later zombies will come here and say last government was corrupt

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by JingoOAU(m): 6:58am On Mar 24, 2016
It would get to a point, some of the legislators wouldn't even recognise their special assistants by name or face

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by eleko1: 7:00am On Mar 24, 2016
Lie sad sad Linus oooooo embarassed sad. Ghost workers activated sad embarassed

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by baralatie(m): 7:14am On Mar 24, 2016
Wetin?
Have they not signed the buffet budget of 6.07trillllllliiiiiionnn

2 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by crownwealth: 7:15am On Mar 24, 2016
Why is our leaders so extravagant and wasteful

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2016
Good atlease dat will reduce unemployment a bit. But baba pick up my call.
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by Vikkie14: 7:18am On Mar 24, 2016
These are the Cankerworms, Caterpillars, Palmerworms, Woodworms, Locusts and Leeches eating Nigeria.

Password: TONTO DIKEH.

E:G: Lalasticlal.la come and see Tonto Dikeh Panties that got missing oo.

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by Vikkie14: 7:21am On Mar 24, 2016
Saraki is said to have over 112 aides, Dogara about 170, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu 60 and Deputy Speaker Yusuf Suleiman Lasun 58........... The aides are in three categories - Special Advisers (SAs), Senior Special Assistants (SSAs) and Special Assistants whose salaries range between N700, 000 to over a million naira each.
Parasites and leeches.

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by jmichlins(m): 7:22am On Mar 24, 2016
This is what happens when you make promises you can not keep. Everyday this administration gives me reason to become a bad citizen. When an aid earn more than a permanent secretary why should i work hard as a civil servant when if i run around a politician during campaign when he wins i will turn a multi millionaire

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by oglalasioux(m): 7:23am On Mar 24, 2016
How can we develop when no one wants to work? Political patronage is the number one reason for corruption in Nigeria. In my opinion 60% of people working for the government are retards. Unfortunately they are the most comfortable.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by slimfit1(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2016
When we say saraki is a big waste it looks like we just hate him for been an Ilorin bastard. Can you imagine 60 is even too much. That shows that he has been deceiving us all this time using the right word wrong actions. We need to get rid of those 2 bastards.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by MUMMYCUNT: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2016
PLS HELP ME REJOICE. MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS.. I AM 34 YEARS AND A VIRGIN..I HAVE NOT SEEN A LIVE WOMEN unclothedness BEFORE EXCEPT IN BLUE FILM.. I SUCCEEDED IN CONVINCING ONE GIRL AFTER FIVE YEARS...SHE CAME TO MY HOUSE..SHE PULLED OFF, I CAME, I SAW AND I CONQERED(3 HOT ROUNDS)..BYE- BYE TO MASTURBATION!!! cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by lilprinze: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2016
Democracy is or was not not ment for Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by callJesu: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2016
Wastage
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by Generalyemi(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2016
nice
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by ItzTun3chi(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2016
salary tho grin grin
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2016
nonentities
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by admax(m): 9:33am On Mar 24, 2016
There are two sets of people in Nigeria: Nigerians and Politicians.

The politicians are not at tune with the economic realities affecting Nigerians at all! sadly, they will continue to be voted in by Nigerians not on social media because those one just talk but when it comes to voting, they are nowhere to be found. Most of them turned Journalist during the last election.

Saraki and Dogara....You guys are not on the right path if this report is true.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by ozi001: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2016
If most Nigerians can be hired as aides at least that will reduce unemployment.
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2016
what is this.. please better news!?
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by donofdons: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2016
Lol
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by Zoehill(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2016
in this part of the world.................WE ARE WASTEFUL
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by muller101(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2016
They are saints as long as u are in apc.
Re: Saraki, Dogara Hire 282 Aides by phemmie06(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2016
Aides on what God have mercy. Well I can't blame them when their master also has Special Assistant on photography. I believe this people also have special assistant on shoe shinning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. / Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity / Do You Think Lateef Fagbemi Will Do Better Than Malami As AGF?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.