Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra (42372 Views)

Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) / Tilapia Farming Secrets revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by endtimesblog: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Endtime fish
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by gbens2000(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
oc2fish:
A Nigerian, Nwachi Oster Francis developed a new hybrid of Tilapia.

Nwachi oster, a lecturer at a University in Nigeria, who is currently on a research grant from TETFUND.
produced a fish Malaysian ministry of Agriculture liked so much. The fish was unveiled and introduced to
the farmers. The fish was named Putra Red (Prince of red Tilapia)
how?
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by 1shortblackboy: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
Thank God say na fish ein develop. And not some white substance
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
MetaHuman:
Yeah. they always do it outside the country where there is electricity and research facilities to help their research but not in Nigeria where we have more churches and mosques than schools and labs yet the country is super corrupt.
You forgot to add hotels, guest houses, strippers club etc...

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by shamecurls(m): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
This fish go sweet to make okro soup
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by aariwa(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
TETFUND which sponsored his research was a brainchild of Goodluck Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by bombay10: 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
oc2fish:

Nwachi oster, a lecturer at a University in Nigeria, who is currently on a research grant from TETFUND.
produced a fish Malaysian ministry of Agriculture liked so much. The fish was unveiled and introduced to

This fish go sweet so for pot so ... hope say no be poisonous fish wey go cause fish flu....fishing association of Nigeria ….. Please investigate...based on Okra soup matters and pounded yam... shocked
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Adaobi12:
You forgot to add hotels, guest houses, strippers club etc...
I don't think we have more of those in Nigeria than any of the advanced or advancing countries.. Eg, my street, I don't have a single hotel guest house or strippers club. Just a single private school, a drinking bar, about 9 churches and 3 mosques.

3 Likes

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by mekonglobal(m): 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Goodone bro keep making us proud. I believe d reason nairalanders is laying claim of u as a Nigeria is due to d fact that it's about gudnews, if it were to d otherway round....it would hv been titled An Ipob member did so...so n so
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by DrFranklin(m): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
franconian:

He mixed two different species of tilapia to get this very one just like mixing two different colours to produce a new unique one.

Hybrid is an offspring resulting from cross-breeding different entities, e.g. two different species or two purebred parent strains.

Hope you understand?

Very well said. You explained it like a boss smiley.

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
MetaHuman:
I don't think we have more of those in Nigeria than any of the advanced or advancing countries.. Eg, my street, I don't have a single hotel guest house or strippers club. Just a single private school, a drinking bar, about 9 churches and 3 mosques.
You need to move around then.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by vicstar(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
naija making waves all over the world cool
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Fogman(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
For the first time, good news from Malaysia
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Jdesilentkiller(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nigerians and their love for pepper soup even in foreign land.......issokay. We are waiting for the point and kill version in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
This is nice... Let's give him a national award
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
APC ...... CHANGE INNOVATION DON REACH NIGERIANS IN DAISPOOOOORAAAA cheesy
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by odiereke(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
But his pics is not what is on the banner now. Are we sure somebody else is not taking the glory of our broda.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Theflint1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
Is this new tilapia an upgrade of the former? Does it grow bigger, taste better or does it grow faster?
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Malakh: 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
The law forbids mingling seed, some would say hybrid,some would say splicing,some genetically modifying,anyways it's just for a moment...
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
My bro's research project. His was on eel fishes though.
sadSmh for some pple here saying he invented the fish.
Its just an hybrid crossing of species. E. G take a big but not so tasty fish and cross it's gene with a tasty but small fish to create a big and tasty fish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by jojothaiv(m): 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
CACAWA:
So? What's the big deal?
Can the fish talk?
Can the fish act as wifi?
Can the fish reduce the price of garri?
But Maka why....
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by macaranta(m): 6:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
cool
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by M2dX(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
an ibo guy, ndi igbo kwenu grin

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Electroweb(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
oc2fish:

Reminds me of the X-men. In this case X-fish. grin

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Burgerlomo: 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by scachy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
shitulawuwo:
Mehn this dish go go well with jollof rice oh
It's not edible grin grin
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by OjayDavido(m): 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
B4 u knw d fish don escape from cage. con dey shop pple dey go
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Drdonzeez(m): 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
Daninya11:
Our educational sector is obsolete, worn-out and outdated. But here is a academia who was able to make what he had been taught pragmatic..

Congrats to him..
Academic not Academia
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Moji12(f): 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
sexy74:
that's my in law
congratulation oster the creek prince.
that's my agric science teacher back den in secondary school, so ambituos n higly hit tempered. Congrats to him.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Academic not Academia

Noted..
No thanks to my SwiftKey keyboard..
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by UncleSnr(m): 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
dimsonu:
When God created us in his image and likeness... He also gave us the power to continue the creation...as long as we do not harm the created. Well done my brother Nwachi Oster Francis, go ye and multiply, fill the earth!
It is a lie... God hates cross breeding.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by UncleSnr(m): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Academic not Academia
Guy you fall hand oh... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Almat Farms, Abuja In Pictures (Video) / The Signpost At A Plantain Garden: "Steal With Joy & Die With Tears" (Photo) / Make 200,000 Naira Or More Monthly Growing Indigenous Vegetables this Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.