Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra (42373 Views)

Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) / Tilapia Farming Secrets revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by AyakaDunukofia: 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Awoofawo:
For once I dey hear good news about our bros from that side!!!

Thaaank God no drug news oday!!! grin

I want to believe you applied reverse psychology in your comment Cos the world and Nigerians already knows the oriental direction of the high achievers
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Drdonzeez(m): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
UncleSnr:
Guy you fall hand oh... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academia
End time wikipedia!
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by AleAirHub(m): 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
menix:
This kind tilapia go sabi comot hook from him mouth or escape from fishing net cous everything Nigerian is WISE.
cheesy
menix:
This kind tilapia go sabi comot hook from him mouth or escape from fishing net cous everything Nigerian is WISE.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Uniben4sure: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
aariwa:
TETFUND which sponsored his research was a brainchild of Goodluck Jonathan
And I have someone who is benefitting from that TETFUND in the UK right now!

Later some f00ls will be asking what Jonathan did.

Congrats to the man!

Last bullet: The best brains in Nigeria are from that "hated" side of the country who are always tagged "spareparts dealers" and until they stop hating on them, Nigeria cannot develop!

3 Likes

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by nijanigga: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
thank God say this Nwachi no carry drug.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by darmmie2012(f): 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dis is incredible....Keep it up Bro
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Seyitosino(m): 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
Chanchit:
I no understand, like, did he create, produce or give birth to it? What ever way, since the people in the fishing world have applauded it, we rejoice with you Bro.
it is a product of research in the field of animal breeding and genetics.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Wow! Amazing! They should try develop one wey go taste like chicken and turkey so we no go too spend money for Christmas chicken grin grin grin
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by LOVEGINO(m): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
oc2fish:
A Nigerian, Nwachi Oster Francis developed a new hybrid of Tilapia.

Nwachi oster, a lecturer at a University in Nigeria, who is currently on a research grant from TETFUND.
produced a fish Malaysian ministry of Agriculture liked so much. The fish was unveiled and introduced to
the farmers. The fish was named Putra Red (Prince of red Tilapia)
if na only one, na fluk, let's see two or more grin
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Taryur3(m): 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
I have thousands of this species in my pond in Lekki.This ppu can lie.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by GoldHorse(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
This guy did his OND at School of Agric, Akure.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Deen77: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
Congrats sir.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by tottinova: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
hope sey e go sweet
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Skoopy(m): 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Man made fish! Hmmmmmm...
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nwachi develops hybrid fish in Malaysia and ths thread is just 2 pages! If it was drugs he developed in Malaysia and was arrested, i trust those guys across the Niger to spew their hatred and trash here and the thread would have been 20 pages by now

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Opoki(m): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
See another E-Goat.
Sponsored on a tetfund and give his project a foreign name/identity.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by ooshinibos: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
why cant he do it nigeria
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by VUVUZELA10: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
How can entrepreneurs reach this man? Contact, please
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Misternas89(m): 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
enieme:
My bro's research project. His was on eel fishes though.
sadSmh for some pple here saying he invented the fish.
Its just an hybrid crossing of species. E. G take a big but not so tasty fish and cross it's gene with a tasty but small fish to create a big and tasty fish.
Yea, it's d work of we geneticist......i'm also working on the African Cat fish(ie Clarias spp): Clarias gariepinus.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Misternas89(m): 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
Yea, it's d work of we geneticist......i'm also working on the African Cat fish(ie Clarias spp): Clarias gariepinus. I AM PROUD 2 BE A MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST/ GENETICIST
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by olagamalin(m): 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
BRAVO
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by delpee(f): 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
Thumbs up to him. So proud of our people making a positive difference the world over.

Lovely and sumptuous looking fish! Looks like ladyfish sold here in Lagos.

Come home and teach our people please. God bless you more.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Kalashnikov102(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Was expecting to see something big!!!!
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Duru009(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Igbos everywhere making the country called Nigeria PROUD......

In business, academic,research, pageant etc

I luv my people so much.

#hardworking n deligence.

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by ted2marv: 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
Awoofawo:

Abi o.@ least 4 once make wey celebrate am
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
These Malaysian people just dey collect everything from Naija, the last time na palm tree..now na tilapia...diarisgodo!
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by nigerianvenom(m): 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
MetaHuman:
Yeah. they always do it outside the country where there is electricity and research facilities to help their research but not in Nigeria where we have more churches and mosques than schools and labs yet the country is super corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Blackkie: 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Na so

GogobiriLalas:
These Malaysian people just dey collect everything from Naija, the last time na palm tree..now na tilapia...diarisgodo!
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Franky826: 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
oc2fish:
A Nigerian, Nwachi Oster Francis developed a new hybrid of Tilapia.

Nwachi oster, a lecturer at a University in Nigeria, who is currently on a research grant from TETFUND.
produced a fish Malaysian ministry of Agriculture liked so much. The fish was unveiled and introduced to
the farmers. The fish was named Putra Red (Prince of red Tilapia)

Is this not same tilapia I've been eating over here with banks? undecided
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Justycxx(m): 12:10am On Mar 25, 2016
Awoofawo:

They've been doing it since time immemorial, you prolly not well informed about it. You remember the unsung hero of the internet?,yes naa, philip na, emeagwali's son. you don't really know much about him, i mean the much you know about him isnt much
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by Justycxx(m): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2016
enieme:
My bro's research project. His was on eel fishes though.
sadSmh for some pple here saying he invented the fish.
Its just an hybrid crossing of species. E. G take a big but not so tasty fish and cross it's gene with a tasty but small fish to create a big and tasty fish.
Easier said than done.
Re: Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra by franklin007(m): 1:33am On Mar 25, 2016
benedictnsi:
Hmmm that's good...... Albino breed of fish grin
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Almat Farms, Abuja In Pictures (Video) / The Signpost At A Plantain Garden: "Steal With Joy & Die With Tears" (Photo) / Make 200,000 Naira Or More Monthly Growing Indigenous Vegetables this Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.