Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

How To Cope When Facing Unemployment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Cope When Facing Unemployment (17366 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / How Do Introverts Cope In Job Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2016
The state of being unemployed can be very daunting, especially if you know you are qualified and fit to begin a career but the job opportunities just isn’t coming.

Today, I share with us some Tips to note in coping with this situation.

Get out of the dark: Being unemployed can be embarrassing for most people. You often try to avoid gatherings because you know that someone along the conversation will ask you about your state of employment and make you look like an un-achiever in front of everyone while on the other side, your former schoolmates must have updated their Facebook status with their current workplace and littered your feed with selfies of them chilling in well-furnished offices with good lighting. Well, i’ve got news for you; being anti social won’t improve your state, not at all, it only limits your chances of getting out of it.
This is the time to get out there and chip in your problem at any given chance to any (known-to-be-) helpful person who cares to listen. If you don’t mind, tell your church’ secretary to pass an announcement to the congregation that you are unemployed and need help (no, am just kidding…I’m serious!) You know what they say; a problem shared is a problem half-solved. You don’t know where the help can come from.

Fill up the unfulfilled time: Being unemployed can mean you are out of work, idle and broke all at the same time. Frankly, it is a miserable state to be in and there’s not so much you can do to change it instantly so are you just going to sit there and langush in this predicament while you watch the days turn to weeks and the weeks turn to months? No!
You know, you actually lose money, experience and more each day you sit at home as an unemployed graduate. So get up now, get something doing, develop yourself somehow, read books- keep yourself updated in your field of study or learn new values. Follow your passion, turn your flair into a lucrative venture. Don’t just stand there, do something!

Look a million bucks already: Well, not exactly a million bucks (for now) because, well again, you don’t have that much money but what am saying is that your outward appearance should always look clean, polished and inviting. This may just be the factor that will win you that connection and land you a job.
Endeavour to always look presentable (each time you step out) a bit like the employed and successful graduate you want to become.

Refresh: The motivation you get today may wane down tomorrow. You need to constantly look for inspiration. Move with people with motivated minds, they will inspire you. Move with people who are ahead in the game, they will lead you. Move with people who are connected to the “connection”, they are likely to fix you up sooner or later.

Thank you for reading today.

Source: www.justiceokwudike.com

(For inspiration and job openings, you can also refer to the above site)

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2016
Thanks for sharing. .....

1 Like

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Larryhoover(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
Inspiring....

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by looseweight: 4:24am On Mar 25, 2016
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by jamesbanjo(m): 4:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Hmmm.... Nice write up .....

cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by ocee31(m): 4:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Shittaakeem(m): 4:28am On Mar 25, 2016
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by AdemolaA2: 4:34am On Mar 25, 2016
THanks for sharing man ... good morning !!!
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by ChiChiOfLondon(f): 4:39am On Mar 25, 2016
well..
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by jayonline: 4:41am On Mar 25, 2016
Keep it up
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by jayonline: 4:42am On Mar 25, 2016
Good one
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by babs01(m): 4:43am On Mar 25, 2016
nyc1 op. Please I'm looking for a job you can pm me, may God bless you as you help.
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 25, 2016
To all undergraduates
it is important to get skills that can help you earm a living so that you can be independent of your parents and government.

6 Likes

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by bestads(m): 4:53am On Mar 25, 2016
Prof. Abioye Isaac

“Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it.
Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life.
You could graduate as the best student in Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else.
The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.
The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memorize it and reproduce it in an exam.
School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination.
School rewards caution, life rewards daring.
School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones. So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other thing on the altar of First Class. Don’t limit yourself to the classroom. Do something practical.

Take a leadership position.

Start a business and fail. That’s a better Entrepreneurship 101.

Join or start a club.

Contest an election and lose. It will teach something Political Science 101 will not teach you.

Attend a seminar.

Read books outside the scope of your course.

Go on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards…
Do something you believe in!

Think less of becoming an excellent student but think more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world ur classroom!”

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by JustJosh20(m): 5:06am On Mar 25, 2016
nice one
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by momentum85(m): 5:18am On Mar 25, 2016
God Bless u real good for sharing this wonderful piece!
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Op I thought you are gonna share money to enable start the skill acquisition programme undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by ThePENGENIUS(m): 5:36am On Mar 25, 2016
Nice write op. But you missed out something very important:
[size=15pt]THE BEST WAY TO COPE WITH UNEMPLOYMENT IS BY CREATING EMPLOYMENT FOR YOURSELF! [/size]

Why waste your life looking for a job, when there're a million things you can startup?!

Think out of the box.

This is what our economy needs now...not trying to "cope" with unemployment!

5 Likes

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by obinnashady(m): 5:46am On Mar 25, 2016
food 4 thought,have a blessed morning
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by jesse515: 5:50am On Mar 25, 2016
I av bin unemployed since 30th of June 2015 n received my last salary Jaunuary of 2015. Des ar sum of d stuffs I do now:

1. Gyming: I use to be fat but now m liking my structure

2. School: i went bak to sch to complete my HND

3. Friends: Started makin friends n knowing pple geniunely

4. Business: i use to be on a salaary of abt 200k, No more income, I opened a laundry n employed 2 persons wit my last savings. Currently I rake in abt 60k monthly afta paying salaries. I sumtyms feel happy. I also went into being an house agent.

5. Church/ God: a more deeper relationship wit God tru constant attending of mornin mass

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by raziboi(m): 5:51am On Mar 25, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmnnmmm
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 25, 2016
When unemployed, there's no way to cope. The only solution is getting a job

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by sammaking(m): 5:58am On Mar 25, 2016
JUSTICEOFFICIAL:
The state of being unemployed can be very daunting, especially if you know you are qualified and fit to begin a career but the job opportunities just isn’t coming.

Get out of the dark: Being unemployed can be embarrassing for most people. You often try to avoid gatherings because you know that someone along the conversation will ask you about your state of employment and make you look like an un-achiever in front of everyone while on the other side, your former schoolmates must have updated their Facebook status with their current workplace and littered your feed with selfies of them chilling in well-furnished offices with good lighting. Well, i’ve got news for you; being anti social won’t improve your state, not at all, it only limits your chances of getting out of it.
This is the time to get out there and chip in your problem at any given chance to any (known-to-be-) helpful person who cares to listen. If you don’t mind, tell your church’ secretary to pass an announcement to the congregation that you are unemployed and need help (no, am just kidding…I’m serious!) You know what they say; a problem shared is a problem half-solved. You don’t know where the help can come from.

Fill up the unfulfilled time: Being unemployed can mean you are out of work, idle and broke all at the same time. Frankly, it is a miserable state to be in and there’s not so much you can do to change it instantly so are you just going to sit there and langush in this predicament while you watch the days turn to weeks and the weeks turn to months? No!
You know, you actually lose money, experience and more each day you sit at home as an unemployed graduate. So get up now, get something doing, develop yourself somehow, read books- keep yourself updated in your field of study or learn new values. Follow your passion, turn your flair into a lucrative venture. Don’t just stand there, do something!

Look a million bucks already: Well, not exactly a million bucks (for now) because, well again, you don’t have that much money but what am saying is that your outward appearance should always look clean, polished and inviting. This may just be the factor that will win you that connection and land you a job.
Endeavour to always look presentable (each time you step out) a bit like the employed and successful graduate you want to become.

Refresh: The motivation you get today may wane down tomorrow. You need to constantly look for inspiration. Move with people with motivated minds, they will inspire you. Move with people who are ahead in the game, they will lead you. Move with people who are connected to the “connection”, they are likely to fix you up sooner or later.

Thanks for sharing
Get a skill
Create employment

3 Likes

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 25, 2016
This is really an awesome write up.
It gives me a shrinking guvver in my pinal spinal mugorru.
Tgat is when i realized that penny philly mongy isnt at all conglomerating bally brohaha. You just shared a mesmerating info and bally manny bunkie. Thanks

Anyways.....

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by oshaosha2014(m): 6:09am On Mar 25, 2016
If you are unemployed, you have all the time in the world to use your brain and think of what you can do to become a successful entrepreneur. People who are employed don't have all that time, all they think of is their monthly salary. People seem to think being unemployed is a disgrace. I say that is an opportunity given to you by God to start something that will make you an employer of labour. Guys, use the time to THINK?

JUSTICEOFFICIAL:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by justtfab(m): 6:12am On Mar 25, 2016
cul
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by toprealman: 6:18am On Mar 25, 2016
show gratitude.
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Ameboperoo(m): 6:22am On Mar 25, 2016
May God help us the unemployed. It's a easy.
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by akanbiaa(m): 6:25am On Mar 25, 2016
The only way to cope is to be positively busy.
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by yomalex(m): 6:35am On Mar 25, 2016
Innovation is key
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Pavore9: 6:40am On Mar 25, 2016
Thinking our of the box will certainly be of a help.
Re: How To Cope When Facing Unemployment by Ayoswit(f): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2016
And dis govt is not doing anythin concernin job creation, d only way out is to learn a skill and become self employed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Finally Secured A Job.. / Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? / 2015 Faan Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.