Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles (46478 Views)

Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) / Ahmed Musa Steps Down As Assistant Captain Of Super Eagles / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Franchise21(m): 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
OK
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Congrats Mikel

2 Likes

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by gbens2000(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
I AV to be there.
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by misscall247: 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
him go begin score goal ?
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by kokuma32(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
nice one finally
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by barragan: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Well done Musa!

1 Like

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Strongbest:
I beg make una no laugh me o. What about Oliseh na? Is he no longer the coach? sad undecided
nope nigga..oliseh is now d manger of super eagles..siasia d coach

1 Like

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Ada9103(f): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Good
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by nickxtra(m): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
At this crucial moment? This will create unnecessary distraction which may lead to illfeelings and disunity among these players.
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by huntax(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
I really hope Iheanachor has been included in the national team. The team should be built around this gun as he has the talent and drive the team deserves. Normally a creative midfielder, has developed into a lethal striker for Man City. I'd play him in a 4-1-4-1 formation just behind Ighalo. But I doubt he will get a start, with Nigerian coaches always addressing seniority over class.

1 Like

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Surfboard(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
This is very good. Hope Oliseh is watching and learning wherever he may be that this is how to change the team captain.

I pray we win tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by meccuno: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mikel doesn't want responsibilities on the field and you give him the captains arm band? Oh boy!!
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Seun360(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
Why strip Musa off the captain band when u are a mere temporary gaffer, issorai, let's see how u will survive Salah, El Enely and Hector Cuper.
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Goke7: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
Just hope that the three points will be in the bag cos if I know Nigerians very well, they will eat Mikel raw if Nigeria looses.

Congrats Mikel.

2 Likes

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
A "mere" what?

Temporary maybe but not a "mere".....

He's still the boss and even Musa knows "injustice" was done when Mikel was denied captaincy when Oliseh stripped Enyeama.

Seun360:
Why strip Musa off the captain band when u are a mere temporary gaffer, issorai, let's see how u will survive Salah, El Enely and Hector Cuper.

2 Likes

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Dallaslaurel: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
Well deserved. Right step in the right direction
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Seun360(m): 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
Surfboard:
This is very good. Hope Oliseh is watching and learning wherever he may be that this is how to change the team captain.

I pray we win tomorrow.

Siasia na coach?
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Surfboard(m): 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
Seun360:

Siasia na coach?

Yes, and with a better record and more experience than Oliseh. Besides, he likes his teams playing 'entertaining football'
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by 9ijaprince(m): 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
I keep wondering what's going through Sunday oliseh's mind when he made musa super eagles captain. In all honesty,musa is not ripe to wear the captain's band of Nigerian senior national team. There are qualities that a player should have to be made a leader of a team, such as number of caps,exposure, charisma, composure,communication skills, etc. With all due respect to musa, he is one of our best players but he is not the right guy to mann the captain's band, I hope this issues are resolved amicably.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by xtervaganza(m): 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mikel now our captain? Our football is dead
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
#smiles

Worry not Sir.

Siasia also rates Iheanacho very very highly. He will play a part in the games tomorrow and on the 29th in alexandria either as a starter or from the bench.

Nacho is the leader and face of Nigeria's Generation next (the next golden generation of Nigerian football-- first golden generation was centrally between 1990-2000)

This genertation next also includes Alex Iwobi, Sadiq Umar (AS Roma), Isaac Success(Granada, will move to watford next season) , Moses Simon (KAA Gent), Musa Yahaya (Tottenham on loan at Portimonense), Kelechi Nwakali (Arsenal), Chidiebere Nwakali (Man City on loan at IK Start, Norway), Nura Abdullahi (AS Roma), Samuel Chukwueze (Arsenal), Musa Mohammed (Istanbul BB), Wilfred Ndidi (KRC Genk), Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto), Chidera Ezeh (FC Porto), Victor Osimhen (Wolfsburg.. Starts contract in 2017), Dele Alampasu (SC Feirense, portugal), and a host of other Top and fast-rising young Nigerian super talents in football.

The future is bright.... #smiles

huntax:
I really hope Iheanachor has been included in the national team. The team should be built around this gun as he has the talent and drive the team deserves. Normally a creative midfielder, has developed into a lethal striker for Man City. I'd play him in a 4-1-4-1 formation just behind Ighalo. But I doubt he will get a start, with Nigerian coaches always addressing seniority over class.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by austynoh: 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mikel the skipo! cheesy

1 Like

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pls, Stop the hate. Mikel was one of the key reasons we won AFCON 2013. Open your "eyes"... #smiles

xtervaganza:
Mikel now our captain? Our football is dead

2 Likes

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sunday oliseh brought his own down fall by handing over the captain armband to Ahmed Musa........ way to go Siaone..
Sai skippo John Mikel Obi

1 Like

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Seun360(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
Surfboard:

Yes, and with a better record and more experience than Oliseh. Besides, he likes his teams playing 'entertaining football'

He only did well with age group teams which we all know Nigerians use over age players.

He failed to qualify Nigeria to AFCON 2012, he couldn't do his permutations against Guinea, A win would have seen us through to the tournament as a best lose but if wanted a guarantee victory which the Guineans pounced on his stupidity and got the crucial equalizer. Anyway, the match no be tomorrow?

I trust Cuper and his boyz.
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Mosesoly(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nice one from SiaSia the peoples coach,he handled it very well,calling both players privately and allowing musa to go to the media,informing them he is not the captain again,Unlike what the pundit master(Oliseh)did causing chaos in the national team and running away thinking we wont defeat Egypy,making Enyeama to go into force retirement.
Pls tell Obi mikel not to pass backward again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Malawian(m): 3:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
slowbi

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Kgdavid(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
Is it Musa's place to announce the new captain? We don't have a coach and PR people anymore? Seems like the national team is run like a local street or area team. No wonder why they play like that.

2 Likes

Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Seun360(m): 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mosesoly:
Nice one from SiaSia the peoples coach,he handled it very well,calling both players privately and allowing musa to go to the media,informing them he is not the captain again,Unlike what the pundit master(Oliseh)did causing chaos in the national team and running away thinking we wont defeat Egypy,making Enyeama to go into force retirement.
Pls tell Obi mikel not to pass backward again

Egypt will pick the sole ticket. And they thrash Nigeria in Egypt.
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by xtervaganza(m): 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Pls, Stop the hate. Mikel was one of the key reasons we won AFCON 2013. Open your "eyes"... #smiles

Yea he wasn't as decisive as MBA, emenike or our 2 center backs
Re: John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles by Adeevah(m): 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
seankay:
Captain Mikel reunites with Siasia. Musa doesn't even resemble a Captain.

Yes...true

He looks more like a truck pusher

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Qatar 2022 World Cup Draw On 1st April 2022 / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. Signs For Manchester United / Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.