Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? (1638 Views)

Marriage: An Introvert Or An Extrovert; Your Choice? / Introverts Come In And Share Your Experience Dating An Extrovert / 10 Signs An Introvert Is In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by biz2get(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
So basically this guy prefers to stay one place maybe alone or with some couple off better headed ppl...

And

This babe prefers the crazy wild out life, where she sticks and meets with a lot of useless beings...

Can this two set of people date each other?? undecided

halfricanadian / EnlightenedSou. help me out...
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by falconey(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
undecided
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by biz2get(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
falconey:
undecided

You get charger... undecided
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
KashyBaby:
grin yes ofcurz.... basic chemistry... opposites attract ..
One way or another, these 2 ppol will benefit each other. cool

Opposite attracts in science but not likely in life
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by biz2get(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
KashyBaby:

What about the challenges the other guy might be having with her being too extravagant?
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
biz2get:

What about the challenges the other guy might be having with her being too extravagant?

Extravagant in what way?
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
favoured234:

Opposite attracts in science but not likely in life

Sure it does...it's like give & take but if ur partner won't give in then that's a trouble... cool

I believe that both parties shud workout as long no cheating involve..
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
KashyBaby:

Sure it does...it's like give & take but if ur partner won't give in then that's a trouble... cool

I believe that both parties shud workout as long no cheating involve..
That's it... Give and take but not as easy as typed...
He likes to club all weekend and be with the happening crew, she prefers to go to the movies then come back home for some chit chats or with small group of friends.... That's each others definition of a perfect weekend ......

IMO if one feels too drained trying to get a balance, ask yourself if that's what you really want
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by halfricanadian(f): 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dey need each

He needs her to bring him outta his shell

He is dere to bring her back to reality

2 Likes

Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Surfboard(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
KashyBaby:

In life, people date people who are very similar to them.

Op, I don't think it will work, because in the long run, both of them will be uncomfortable and probably disillusioned with the relationship.

There's no sin in trying though, as long as they both want to be together/make it work.
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
I don't care
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
Opposites attract, remember?
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by decollex(m): 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
KashyBaby:
, Basic Physics u mean.
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 26, 2016
discoprophet:
I don't care whether Favoured234 is an intro or an extro
And I cant say if I am an intro or extro, don't even know where I belong
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 26, 2016
Extroverts are pissed off with introverts, only few understand, who are the few

1 Like

Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by biz2get(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2016
Zceesneh:
Extroverts are pissed off with introverts, only few understand, who are the few

Agreed!
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by biz2get(m): 9:12am On Mar 26, 2016
Surfboard:

In life, people date people who are very similar to them.

Op, I don't think it will work, because in the long run, both of them will be uncomfortable and probably disillusioned with the relationship.

There's no sin in trying though, as long as they both want to be together/make it work.

I really doubt If it will work.. but no bad thing in trying smiley
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 09, 2016
biz2get:

I really doubt If it will work.. but no bad thing in trying smiley

It depends...

I like introverted guys. The not-awkward but quiet, not-much-of-a-talker types that really only interface significantly with a mostly fixed set of people. I like the contrast of my extroversion with the relaxed exclusivity of what being with an introvert feels like. Plus, they understand space and downtime when you need it.

But, IME, the introvert never really understands our need for constant movement, a non-problem with other extroverts. It's as if they don't notice all what's out there and the passage of [our limited] time, and how interesting all the people and places; that there are all these things you want to do, and that you, in fact, have a whole bunch of it all planned out. And if you ask them to go to this or that thing with you, and they get all introverty and say they'd rather not, or can't, or won't, they don't understand how it is that you'll still go, inviting others. Basically, they don't seem to get that you're not an introvert.

I think the introvert strikes a balance for the extrovert, though not without challenges. The introvert golden age, however, can only come about when cloning technology becomes a precise science. grin

1 Like

Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

It depends...

I like introverted guys. The not-awkward but quiet, not-much-of-a-talker types that really only interface significantly with a mostly fixed set of people. I like the contrast of my extroversion with the relaxed exclusivity of what being with an introvert feels like. Plus, they understand space and downtime when you need it.

But, IME, the introvert never really understands our need for constant movement, a non-problem with other extroverts. It's as if they don't notice all what's out there and the passage of [our limited] time, and how interesting all the people and places; that there are all these things you want to do, and that you, in fact, have a whole bunch of it all planned out. And if you ask them to go to this or that thing with you, and they get all introverty and say they'd rather not, or can't, or won't, they don't understand how it is that you'll still go, inviting others. Basically, they don't seem to get that you're not an introvert.

I think the introvert strikes a balance for the extrovert, though not without challenges. The introvert golden age, however, can only come about when cloning technology becomes a precise science. grin

Hiya enlightenedsoul , I've been offline for a while , work has been tasking and my phone got stolen.

You seem not to understand the introvert deeply , we understand your need for the thrill and we don't have a problem with going out with you , we may however not mix "socially" at most gatherings preferring to just sit and observe or get lost in our thoughts. I don't see myself as an extreme introvert as I enjoy a little bit of the thrill but in most cases I'd just like to sit at home and read a book , watch a movie or play video games.

1 Like

Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Hiya enlightenedsoul , I've been offline for a while , work has been tasking and my phone got stolen.

You seem not to understand the introvert deeply , we understand your need for the thrill and we don't have a problem with going out with you , we may however not mix "socially" at most gatherings preferring to just sit and observe or get lost in our thoughts. I don't see myself as an extreme introvert as I enjoy a little bit of the thrill but in most cases I'd just like to sit at home and read a book , watch a movie or play video games.

I don't think one can ever understand introverts deeply as a group, because, IME, no two seem alike, hence my cloning comment (due to the observation that even other introverts often appear to be a horrible match for each other, unless they find their clone). An extrovert is an extrovert, generally speaking, but introverts can be a whole smorgasbord of different traits, quirks, and motivations, and to varying degrees of introvertedness (on a whole other level from extroverts). They're like mystery-flavored candy; you never really know what you're getting. So you might go, but the next one would just as strongly not, and others still would land everywhere in between. Am I wrong?

Sorry to hear about your phone, Neo. That really sucks. You were missed. I wouldn't have guessed @ being an introvert, anyway.

1 Like

Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

I don't think one can ever understand introverts deeply as a group, because, IME, no two seem alike, hence my cloning comment (due to the observation that even other introverts often appear to be a horrible match for each other, unless they find their clone). An extrovert is an extrovert, generally speaking, but introverts can be a whole smorgasbord of different traits, quirks, and motivations, and to varying degrees of introvertedness (on a whole other level from extroverts). They're like mystery-flavored candy; you never really know what you're getting. So you might go, but the next one would just as strongly not, and others still would land everywhere in between. Am I wrong?

Sorry to hear about your phone, Neo. That really sucks. You were missed. I wouldn't have guessed @ being an introvert, anyway.

You got it quite right , I've met introverts who I think were very weird and would find it hard to mingle in almost any social gathering. I consider myself an introvert cos I enjoy greatly my me time and would rather just sit at home, alone, rather than an outing with either family or friends. This doesn't affect how I react in a gathering , showing my very social side anywhere I go, still if given a choice I'd rather stay alone and indoors. Some introverts wouldn't even find it easy get along with someone similar to them so cloning may not even help.

I missed being online as well and reading from you. Hope you're good

1 Like

Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 19, 2016
neoapocalypse:

You got it quite right , I've met introverts who I think were very weird and would find it hard to mingle in almost any social gathering. I consider myself an introvert cos I enjoy greatly my me time and would rather just sit at home, alone, rather than an outing with either family or friends. This doesn't affect how I react in a gathering , showing my very social side anywhere I go, still if given a choice I'd rather stay alone and indoors. Some introverts wouldn't even find it easy get along with someone similar to them so cloning may not even help.

I missed being online as well and reading from you. Hope you're good

Lol @ cloning might not even help. There's a spectrum of sorts, I guess. From the severely antisocial ones, and those who suffer from varying levels of social anxiety, to "preference" introverts that can amiably engage, but prefer not to most times. Some introverts can be very dichotomous as well. Like, my BF liked people in groups (training, and was gr8 at giving speeches and lectures, etc.), but didn't care for engaging those same individuals personally, one-on-one. As for me, I def need a private space I can get away to when need be, but unless I'm tired or need to recharge or think or whatever, I for sure prefer going out and doing things, and being around other people.

Oh, you haven't missed anything, just some BS. I'm relatively OK and I hope you are too. Take care.
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by firstking01(m): 9:40am On Jun 19, 2016
it will never go smooth
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by DRISKLEF(m): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2016
biz2get:
So basically this guy prefers to stay one place maybe alone or with some couple off better headed ppl...

And

This babe prefers the crazy wild out life, where she sticks and meets with a lot of useless beings...

Can this two set of people date each other?? undecided

halfricanadian / EnlightenedSou. help me out...
Apperently not.
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by 2sexycom(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2016
Introvert are hardly understood by most people, especially in dating/relationship, but they are the best to have if you are patient to understand them. Introverts are very emotional beings.
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by Vixkyydera(f): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2016
I am an extrovert, I love introverts like mad. I always give them their quiet time when they need it.
Re: Can An Introvert Date An Extrovert... Your Reasons? by theunnamed: 10:51am On Jun 19, 2016
I'll have you know that introverts are very good lovers, and they can adapt very quickly.

That girl would be lucky if she dated him.

(1) (Reply)

My Ex, Ist To Send Happy New Month / This Footballer Ignores His Sexy Stunning Wife because Of Video Game (photos/video) / Quick Ways To Get Yourself Out Of A Bad Mood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.