Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others (39992 Views)

Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Pope Francis Pictured Washing The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics(photos) / Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by cleoblizz332(f): 12:15am On Mar 25, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
Religion!

There is nothing spiritual about these popes. Its just a political role.

Many of their doctrines are against the biblical principle.

Did Jesus wash the feet of the heathen?

And people have turned this so called pope into a god. They listen to him rather than the word of Jesus our Saviour!

May many of us not follow men to hell in their deception by religion.
cleoblizz332:
yes my Dear DT was because he was ignorant and so r u now but do u know d salvation there he give heed so read the later verse of that
GlorifiedTunde:
Religion!

And people have turned this so called pope into a god. They listen to him rather than the word of Jesus our Saviour!

Oh God when will this brother of ours be saved
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:22am On Mar 25, 2016
shejane:
Our primary assignment in dis world is to win souls to Christ, if after washing their feet nd he can't bring them to Christ is all vanity. For any tree that don't bear fruit Christ himself will cut down. Preach the word to them

He's the only way. No corner way

The act is to demonstract Christian humility. Perhaps this will in itself help to bring more to Christ. Hope you have brought some to Christ also. The Pope has preached to many millions and even this act preaches the values of the Christian virtues of humility and tolerance.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:30am On Mar 25, 2016
Tallest83:
Just like catholic.

Thank you so very much. Humility, respect, tolerance, refusal to be judgemental etc. Such noble qualities are demonstrated here in a wonderful manner. Yet we see those angry and sad people who simply want to judge and criticise when they should be happy to see Christian values so prominantly displayed. Sadly some misguided Christians would rather engage in interdenominational arguing and squabbling than demonstrate these values themselves.

And lets be fair, while all appreciate your compliment all Christian denominations are capable of displaying thse wonderful values and do so each in their own way. It would be as wrong to criticise them for their way than to criticise Catholics for their way so lets extend it to - Just like Christian. God bless.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by ODUBEZE: 12:31am On Mar 25, 2016
GreatSE:
How many times has he told the Muslims to repent of the sins and follow Christ.... Jesus He is "The Only WAY" thats what the bible says. Can he tell Muslims to stop Jihad on Christians all over the world.
U can also lend your voice you mustn't wait for the pope for everything.
Meanwhile he has shown a true definition of love

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:43am On Mar 25, 2016
najib632:
As u said "otherwise" which shows that it was manipulated by your damed popes not even the Imam of the Grand mosque will change a letter or even a comma or full stop not to even talk of a whole word in the Qur'an and expect Muslims not to know. I swr if all the Qur'ans will ne thrown into the sea and the muslims are asked to produce another it will not take more than 3 days to 1 week we will produce ertin back but u Christians if that is done to u I swear u won't ever b able to make an exact copy even if I will take u 1000 yrs

Lol. You keep preaching your hatred and intolerance and then say Islam is a religion of peace!!!! You speak of "your damed popes" (should be damned) but if Christian was as rude and intolerant as this and spoke of 'your damned imans" some nutcase would declare a jihad or suicide bomb him! Practice what you claim to preach and show us the peaceful and tolerant side of Islam we are waiting patiently to see.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 25, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Lol. Slip of brain certainly. You tongue certainly would be much better off 'sleeping'.
To be truthful, he has to go to 5 star hotel to enjoy good friday with some LovePeddler from the north hemisphere.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by gasgenius(m): 12:46am On Mar 25, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Christ certainly did honour his earthly mother (wedding feast of cannan etc). Such anti catholic bigoted ravings are fortunately rare amoung the other Christian denominations. All Christians of every denomination would be ashamed at the level of hatred, intolerance and lack of understanding in this disgraceful post.
Etc i know u will mention it and the wedding feast. What was his reply when mary beg him for that .. Ask ur self did christ show us an example or do it or was the early Christian or deciples honouring any body .... Dont u look history that Catholic was the one destroying churches and take over it cuz they were powerful
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by gasgenius(m): 12:56am On Mar 25, 2016
PidginPriest:

grin grin grin grin
Nice comedy u do abeg.

Hey catholics no be Christians grin grin grin. When he sabi se Catholicism na the only church wey bin Dey from Christ reach 1520 when first Christian division happen.
So for ur mind, for over 1500 years Christianity bin exist abi, since na only cationic church bin Dey then.

Na other churches waka comot from us. Na we be the first and people wey de maintain wetin be real Christianism.
My brother . church started in act 2 read it ... Catholic was not know self .. Peter wrote letters to the seven churches in different country even one was in Syria . and so many ... Thw wicked roman ruler take over the church and put in roman trandition tins in side the church and that why when martin lurther wrote against them and he run away and that set up latter days saint of jesus Christ.

Men some church was worshiping in the rock snd cave .... See before u talk or reply rearch and no just believed any tin . just take 10 mins and search the internet
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by leofab(f): 1:07am On Mar 25, 2016
dimsonu:

Jesus is God.
God is Love.
He shows love...he shows Jesus.
Hence, he doesn't need to tell them about Jesus (as a story)...
He shows the Jesus (as Love) to them.
What other way can be more compelling than to speak in action?
sharap.. Jesus is not God; don't compromise God.. Jesus is son of a God; being a beloved son of God doesn't make you a God.. Take note.. He is a prophet at par with Moses and Elijah et al!! Stop believing all the lies dish out by Paul the chronic epileptic and chronic liar...
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:08am On Mar 25, 2016
gasgenius:

Etc i know u will mention it and the wedding feast. What was his reply when mary beg him for that .. Ask ur self did christ show us an example or do it or was the early Christian or deciples honouring any body .... Dont u look history that Catholic was the one destroying churches and take over it cuz they were powerful

At first we protest to our mothers when they ask things of us. Christ was man and God after all. BUT he did what she asked! My point. Please search your soul before spouting bias and bigotry against your fellow Christians. They are differences in interpretation, emphasis and practice between all the denominations so lets be tolerant of one another.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:13am On Mar 25, 2016
ogechieku:
To be truthful, he has to go to 5 star hotel to enjoy good friday with some LovePeddler from the north hemisphere.

Lol. Such non Christian nonsense. You seriously need some prayer both for you and dare I say BY you.

P.S. Why north hemisphere? Are they better than south hemisphere? What a curious little expression. As Nigeria is above the equator and thus in the northern hemisphere have you some personal preference in this?
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by dikeigbo2(m): 1:21am On Mar 25, 2016
Chanchit:

Oponu arindin.

Isiezi
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:50am On Mar 25, 2016
leofab:
sharap.. Jesus is not God; don't compromise God.. Jesus is son of a God; being a beloved son of God doesn't make you a God.. Take note.. He is a prophet at par with Moses and Elijah et al!! Stop believing all the lies dish out by Paul the chronic epileptic and chronic liar...

Yes we are aware that Muslims deny the divinity of Christ. Christians do not deny it and accept that he is God ( hint: that is why we are called Christians). To us he will never be a prophet but the light and the way. A promise of salvation to all accepting it through Faith. No requirements or rules. So your comments are not an argument but merely a statement of your position. Now we can overlook the 'sharap' but to call a Christian Saint a chronic epileptic and liar is quite terrible. Perhaps we should declare a jihad or a fatwah for blasphemy. And if you had drawn a cartoon of Paul perhaps we would send suicide bombers or is it only one group allow to do that for insults against their religion?

Perhaps we note some double standards in your post?
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 25, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Lol. Such non Christian nonsense. You seriously need some prayer both for you and dare I say BY you.

P.S. Why north hemisphere? Are they better than south hemisphere? What a curious little expression. As Nigeria is above the equator and thus in the northern hemisphere have you some personal preference in this?
That man has to put off his white garment and travel far away where real olosho dey, different faces and colors...he just has to travel away to emjoy himself with olosho from the space.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 25, 2016
Kbs468:

Also,
The reason I am a Muslim
John 17 3 : that they know you the only true God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent ,Jesus is a messenger

worship God not his messenger
bros, have you cared to read the Bible? OK wait o, if you are a Nigerian and sent to Ghana, won't you say you were sent? Jesus is God, he came from heaven, took up human flesh to save us from sin and corruption...... Don't rejoice been a Muslim with the million atrocities Muslims commit in the world everyday for your god ? Bros, Jesus wants you to come to him, tomorrow might never come, tomorrow might be too late. #God loves you
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by sirlop(m): 2:53am On Mar 25, 2016
gasgenius:
Catholic is not Christian and Christian aint Catholic
Catholic are murderer and do u know what pope mean funny. Belike God - Jesus - Catholic member
Catholic kill a man cause he said the earth is round
Mary is not to be honour if Christ didn't honour her even no example of thatin the bible . in between ... Pope aint god so don't say cause Christ wash feet u want to compare with one old man.
Catholic people try to be a Christian read ur Bible
Ur grammar is pathetic!!! U sound like a confused entity seeking for cheap recognition. Go and take your drugs so that u may feel better.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by sirlop(m): 3:05am On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=Lilimax post=44081913][/quote]
There are many kids that lack understanding here. The man exhibited absolute humility by making the less privileged feel loved..... I don't know if owning 4 private jets is what you see as heavenly status. This man controls over 1.5 billion Catholics, but he doesn't have even a helicopter. He still travels via Italian Airlines, not that he cannot afford a private jet. He rather chooses to help the less privileged with such money. You guys here are only mesmerized by these greedy pastors in Nigeria that are after their personal gain. I never expected people like you to understand.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by wadetaw202: 3:14am On Mar 25, 2016
cleoblizz332:
yes my Dear DT was because he was ignorant and so r u now but do u know d salvation there he give heed so read the later verse of that

You are not just ignorant,but you are also a fuul. If you are not a fuul, you will know you are veering off the point. Those people the pope is washing their feet are as ignorant as peter when Jesus wanted to wash his feet and that is the point of discuss.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Chanchit: 3:32am On Mar 25, 2016
beetle24:
u such a fool

So far the lady insults me first I'm always more than happy to return the insults.

Maam, you are fanatically stvpid.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 25, 2016
sapiosexual1:
I like the pope, he is a fine man. I like the Catholic faith, too but I really frown at their many rituals. Christianity is not methodical, it's as inspired by the Spirit.

Jesus washes the feet of 12 disciplines. Jesus breaks bread. Jesus enters Jerusalem triumphantly and regally. If these are not rituals, pray tell what do you mean by rituals?
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by TeamSimple(m): 4:19am On Mar 25, 2016
Silvofitz:

Any child, whether born by believers or unbelievers, who choose not to believe in Jesus Christ, will not enter the Kingdom of God. John 3:18
There is nothing like genetic inheritance when it comes to salvation. Parents faith only helps, if it enhances the faith of the child in Christ. Or else, it's of no use.
And what makes you believe Christ is the only way? And please I need from you one concrete reason why I should be a Christian. Remember a verifiable reason and not the Bible(historians) Says this and that. If you can't give me a good reason, then I think it's better you keep shut. Stay blessed.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 25, 2016
GreatSE:
How many times has he told the Muslims to repent of the sins and follow Christ.... Jesus He is "The Only WAY" thats what the bible says. Can he tell Muslims to stop Jihad on Christians all over the world.

Words of St Francis comes to mind when I hear these type of comments...."We must preach the gospel, and if necessary, use words".

I know a firebrand preacher that wakes the neighborhood up in the wee hours of the morning preaching the word. Word got around that he's such an impossible person to live with. He fights everyone in his face-me-i-slap-you apartment. The people who have influenced me morally and spiritually havent even said a thing about Jesus to me.

Our brethren from the Pentecostal faith thinks waking people up in the morning is all theres to evangelism. In this time and age who hasn't heard of the good news? I stand to be corrected on that though. Missionary now should be about love. Love the poor by starting a feeding program for the poor. Love the sick by volunteering as a health worker, building affordable hospitals, giving hope to refugees from war torn countries etc. That's what Catholic charities are all about, and I can confirm they are all over the world especially in Muslim countries.

They're quick to put down Catholics any chance they get, especially Pastors who are supposed embrace ecumenism. They see it as competing for congression, and by extension the financial gratification of converting a Catholic to their gospel business.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by effluxpump(m): 6:03am On Mar 25, 2016
when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, he wasn't performing any rite but he was teaching his disciples the essence and importance of humility.How? washing of feet was a duty performed by slaves when a visitors enters his masters house in ancient Israel. Jesus later made the point clear to his disciples that they ought to be washing the feet of others I.e that they should be humble kind and considerate in their dealing with others .He did not instruct his followers to be literally washing the feet of others ...
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Efewestern: 6:47am On Mar 25, 2016
najib632:
As u said "otherwise" which shows that it was manipulated by your damed popes not even the Imam of the Grand mosque will change a letter or even a comma or full stop not to even talk of a whole word in the Qur'an and expect Muslims not to know. I swr if all the Qur'ans will ne thrown into the sea and the muslims are asked to produce another it will not take more than 3 days to 1 week we will produce ertin back but u Christians if that is done to u I swear u won't ever b able to make an exact copy even if I will take u 1000 yrs

No were in my post did i insult any Islamic Religion leader.. y Are you insulting mine... Believe me Religion has done more harm than good to humanity... Live and let's live bro..

perhaps muslim is no way better than Christian, all am saying is that We just Luv 1 other, and not thinking One religion is superior than the ither.. Good morning and have a bleesed day
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by linusbnn(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2016
Corn99:

pls dont feel offended by dis question nd wherever i got it wrong, u can always correct me. Now to my question 'WHY DOES THE CATHOLIC DOCTRINE MAKES HOLY MARY MORE IMPORTANT THAN JESUS HIMSELF' and 'WHY DO U MOSTLY WORSHIP (BOW) TO JESUS ND HOLY MARY'S IMAGE' If any reason for bowing to this images 'HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT THAT'S WHAT JESUS ND MARY LOOKS LIKE WHILE STILL ALIVE'
Thanks in anticipation

We catholic do not make mary more important than Jesus Christ. We only honour her because of her part in the suffering of jesus on his way to the cross. Mary was also honoured by Angel Gabriel and Elizabeth the mother of John the baptist. Catholics honour Mary because God himself honoured her. He honoured her above all creatures. Let me educate u of the Catholic Church and its devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary by the consideration of the similarities between the Fall of Man and the Redemption of Man.
In the Book of Genesis, we read how our first parents, Adam and Eve, fell into original sin. Satan, in the form of a serpent, first tempted Eve. When Eve had eaten of the forbidden fruit, she then offered it to Adam, who also partook. Adam, as Head of the Human Race, brought about the Fall of Mankind; it was, however, through the cooperation of Eve.
When Adam and Eve had fallen, Almighty God not only punished them and their progeny for this original sin, but He also promised to send a Redeemer.
“And the Lord God said to the serpent... I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel” (Genesis 3:13-15).
Who is the “woman” in the text of Holy Scripture of whom Almighty God set enmities against Satan? Who is “her seed”? What is meant by the words “and she shall crush thy head”?
In the Old Testament, Adam brought about the Fall of Mankind with the cooperation of Eve. In the New Testament, Jesus Christ, the God-Man, brought about our Redemption with the cooperation of the Virgin Mary. Eve, our first parent, was tempted by a fallen angel to disobey the command of God, and she subsequently led Adam into sin. In the New Testament, another angel, the Angel Gabriel, announced the will of God to the Virgin Mary and she, unlike Eve, humbly submitted.
In the Gospel of St. Luke, we read:
“The Angel Gabriel was sent to a Virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the House of David; and the Virgin’s name was Mary” (Luke 1:27).
How did the Angel Gabriel then address her? The Gospel of St. Luke continues:
“Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women!”
“Fear not, Mary, for thou has found grace with God. Behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His Name, Jesus... The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy One which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”
Who can deny the dignity of the Virgin Mary — chosen to be the Mother of Jesus Christ? The Angel Gabriel, who was sent by God Himself, honored and praised her.
Furthermore, when the Virgin Mary visited her cousin, St. Elizabeth
“was filled with the Holy Ghost, and she cried out with a loud voice and said: ‘Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?’”
Once again, honor and praise is rendered to the Virgin Mary by St. Elizabeth, “who was filled with the Holy Ghost”
Then during this same visitation, the Virgin Mary responded to her cousin’s praise of her by the prayer so full of humility and of praise to God:
“My soul doth magnify the Lord... because He hath regarded the humility of His handmaid; for behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For He that is mighty hath done great things to me.”
As Catholics, members of the one, true Church of Christ, we honor the Virgin Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ. We call her the Mother of God, because she indeed is the Mother of the one Divine Person, Jesus Christ, Who has both the nature of God and the nature of Man. By this title of “Mother of God,” we simply refer to the Virgin Mary as St. Elizabeth did when “filled with the Holy Ghost she cried out... Whence is this to me that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?”
Catholics do not, as Protestants falsely believe, worship the Blessed Virgin Mary. We honor her who was so intimately connected with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. Yes, there is only one Mediator with the Father — Jesus Christ. Only the God-Man Jesus Christ could have redeemed mankind. Nevertheless, we pray to Mary that she may intercede for us with her Divine Son. How often we request the assistance of prayers from our fellow men — how much more powerful are the prayers and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary! In the Old Testament, we read how Moses prayed with arms outstretched and interceded with God to procure the victory of the Israelites over their enemies in a crucial battle. As long as he prayed, they were victorious. When he ceased his prayers, the Israelites began to lose. Because of this, it was necessary for two men to hold up Moses’ arms in prayer until the battle was won. Also, we read in the Old Testament how Josue prayed to God to have the day prolonged in order to win another crucial battle. If Moses and Josue could have such intercession before God, how much more powerful are the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary!
The Gospel of St. John relates two significant accounts which relate to Mary — the wedding feast of Cana and the Crucifixion. Of the first account we read:
“There was a marriage in Cana of Galilee, and the Mother of Jesus was there. And Jesus also was invited, and His disciples, to the marriage. And the wine failing, the Mother of Jesus said to Him, ‘They have no wine.’ And Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, what is it to Me and to thee? My hour is not yet come.’ His Mother said to the waiters, ‘Whatsoever He shall say to you, do ye’” (John 2:1-5).
Jesus Christ then proceeded to work His first public miracle at His Mother’s request. Everything related in the Gospels is inspired by God, and there is a reason for it. Does not this narrative of the wedding feast manifest the intercessory power of Mary with Jesus Christ, her Divine Son?
In the second account, also take from the Gospel of St. John, we read:
“There stood by the Cross of Jesus His Mother... When Jesus therefore had seen His Mother and the disciple standing whom He loved, He saith to His Mother: ‘Woman, behold thy son...’” (John 19:25-27).
Just as Eve cooperated with Adam in the Fall of mankind, the Blessed Virgin Mary cooperated with Jesus Christ in our redemption. She “stood by the Cross of Jesus.” What anguish, what sorrow did the Mother of Jesus experience at the foot of the Cross as she witnessed the sufferings and death of her Divine Son!
In both accounts, Jesus addressed Mary by the term woman. In Hebrew the word used by Jesus was a term which would be addressed to a queen or a woman of high rank. It was a term of great respect.
But why did Jesus Christ address His Mother by the term woman at these two significant moments in His life — at His first public miracle, and at His Crucifixion on the Cross?
Our Divine Lord wanted to clearly indicate that His Mother was the Woman spoken of in the Book of Genesis:
“I will put enmities between thee (Satan) and the Woman, between thy seed and her seed, and she shall crush thy head.”
Lastly, Catholics firmly believe that Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ, was “ever Virgin.” That Mary was a virgin before and after the miraculous birth of Jesus can be demonstrated from the passage of the Prophet Isaias:
“The Lord Himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and His Name shall be called Emmanuel.”
Note well that the virgin is the subject of the verbs conceive and bear.
As for after the birth of Jesus, Protestants reject that Mary remained a virgin by their false interpretation of Holy Scripture. To summarize briefly their arguments, they claim that in the Gospel of St. Matthew, we read:
“He (St. Joseph) knew her not till she brought forth her first-born son” (Matthew 1:25).
It is falsely argued on two points — “knew her not till” and “her first-born.” In Scriptural usage, until expresses what has occurred up to a certain point and leaves the future aside. Thus for example, God says in the book of Isaias, “I am till you grow old” (Is. 46:4). From this are we to infer that God would then cease to be? Of course not! Again in the Book of Psalms, God the Father said to His Divine Son: “Sit Thou at My Right Hand, until I make Thy enemies Thy footstool” (Ps. 109). Will the Messias, once His enemies are subdued, relinquish His place of honor? Of course not! So when St. Matthew records, “He knew her not till she brought forth her first-born Son,” his principal aim was to tell his readers that Christ’s birth was miraculous and that St. Joseph had not part in the conception of Mary’s Child. As for the term, “first-born,” this was a legal term and did not imply that Mary had other children. The child is called first-born from the fact of its opening the womb and not to contra-distinguish it from subsequent issue.
Protestants also make reference to various passages in the Gospels which refer to “the brethren of the Lord,” and from this, they infer that Mary had other children. Once again they falsely interpret the Scriptures. The Hebrew words ahh, which is the word for “the brethren,” is applicable not only to a brother in the strictest sense, but also to a nephew (see Genesis 14:16); a cousin (see Numbers 16:10); a husband (see Esther 16:12); members of the same race (see Numbers 20:14); an ally (see Amos 1:9); and a friend (see Job 6:15). There are no Scriptural references which refer to Mary, the Mother of Jesus, as having other children. Why did Jesus, when dying on the Cross, give the care of His Mother to His Apostle St. John? This would not have been necessary if there were brothers in the strict sense.
The constant tradition of the Church of Christ from the earliest ages of Christianity has always upheld this prerogative of Mary. In conclusion, let us, as members of Christ’s one, true Church, fulfill the prophecy made by the Blessed Virgin Mary during her visit to St. Elizabeth — “Behold henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.” Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by PidginPriest(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2016
gasgenius:

My brother . church started in act 2 read it ... Catholic was not know self .. Peter wrote letters to the seven churches in different country even one was in Syria . and so many ... Thw wicked roman ruler take over the church and put in roman trandition tins in side the church and that why when martin lurther wrote against them and he run away and that set up latter days saint of jesus Christ.

Men some church was worshiping in the rock snd cave .... See before u talk or reply rearch and no just believed any tin . just take 10 mins and search the internet
My oga, I be Catholic priest as my id talk, though na for pidgin I de talk as my id talk too. History of the church na something wey I don use years study and Dey my back of hands. So i no sure I need 10 mins for Google as u ask me.
Eh Ehen, as I don talk that one, the truth wey all of us know be say before 1520 of our oga Luther who be Catholic priest too, comot from church begin him revolution, no other church bin exist apart from Catholic Church. Yeah, e bin get different rites like the eastern and roman rites but all na one same church wey Dey under one Pope (though something happen for 1054 but I no need to yarn am here). And guess who the first Pope? Na Peter the apostle wey u know. After am clement, after am another and so and so for unbroken link sotey e reach Pope Francis wey u know.
The early Christian community of first 300 years bin Dey kind of scattered coz of persecution. But all of them bin get priests to consecrate body and blood of Jesus for them wetin we de call mass.

Well, mek I no talk much. Catholic Church dey rich in tradition. E don pass thru many things including psychological war Martin Luther carry come to create wetin all other churches be which be why dem de call them "protest"ants. Who dem protest? Against Catholic Church. And still dey do am. Na why today we no go stop to de hear people de tell us say we dey worship Mary or statue or idolatry or whatever. Na dem de talk, but we de do our pure worship wey dem hand to us since Jesus and first Christian community.

If u still de doubt go Google try search origin of Catholic Church or when E begin and u no go see date coz na first ever church. Then try search origin of other churches and all get date, the oldest of them wey no go pass 1520
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by arsenal1111(m): 8:11am On Mar 25, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
Religion!

U see ur life?.....
Asking if Jesus washed d feet of His bethren
And u claim to b more biblical.
U are still a baby

Stop typing trash.... Not everything u must comment on
Just sit and read people's comment
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Since it's a political role, why is buhari not sitting there as the poPe?

Judas was more or less a heathen in his heart yet Jesus washed his feet that night without trying to change his mind. A man who sells you is your enemy. If you were Jesus Christ only God knows what you would do to Judas @ the eating of the last supper.

What defense do you have for the part of the bible that said "love your enemies, pray for your enemies".

People Listen to the Pope because he speaks on the foundation of Christ and because you lack understanding of the word of God, you doubt his actions.
arsenal1111:

U see ur life?.....
Asking if Jesus washed d feet of His bethren
And u claim to b more biblical.
U are still a baby

Stop typing trash.... Not everything u must comment on
Just sit and read people's comment

Look well before typing.

Many of you do not observe contents analytically and objectively; that's the characteristic of a bigot

I did not say brethren, I said the heathen - an unbeliever.

No one can have a part in Jesus except he has confessed Jesus as his Lord and saviour. Those are the ones Jesus washed their legs - His disciples, His followers.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Jesus also washed d feet of Judas.

wadetaw202:

That promise in the bible is for those who live in righteousness and not for sinners.

By trying to pull the pope and catholic church down, you have signed yourself into sin and curse

You judged him as an unrighteous person and the Bible says "thou shall not judge and thou shall not condemn" Luke 6:37

By judging and condemning others, you have broken the hedge.

And my bible says "he who breaks the hedge, the snake shall bite" Ecclesiastical 10:8

So, you are already exposed to curse by your comment/words

Matthew 12:37 says "by your words you are justified and by your words you are condemned"

So, your comments have condemned you and that curse will have effect on your life because you Dont have any thing to ward it off anymore...you have broken the hedge.

That stvpid spiritual arrogance will never save you. You are on your own

I judge no man.

But the Bible never said when something is wrong, keep quiet.

You cannot wash the feet of a Muslim, Jesus only washed the feet of His disciples- His followers.

He said if I wash thee not, you have no part with me. How does someone who has not and will not accept Jesus as his only Lord and Saviour be a follower of Christ?

Why are you all hypocritical? Will Muslims do the same for you? No!

They follow their religion to the letter. Not like us.

I don't get you. Is it every time you point out a fault that you're JUDGING?
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 25, 2016
TeamSimple:

And what makes you believe Christ is the only way? And please I need from you one concrete reason why I should be a Christian. Remember a verifiable reason and not the Bible(historians) Says this and that. If you can't give me a good reason, then I think it's better you keep shut. Stay blessed.
What separate man from God is sin. The one and only Mediator between man and God is Jesus Christ. He's the only One that can reconcile man to God. The only solution to sin is the blood of Jesus. Only the blood of Jesus can wash away the sin of man. The only reason Jesus came is to save man from sin (Matthew 1:21). As long as people continue in sin, or wickedness, God is angry with them EVERYDAY, 24/7. (Psalm7:11). So, for any man to have peace with God; for any man to have relationship with God; for any man to overcome sin and Satan, his sin must be washed away. And only the blood of Jesus can wash away the sin of man.
Also, God is a Spirit. So, whosoever wants to serve God must possess the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit. Only Jesus Christ can baptize, or pour the Holy Spirit on man. Matthew 3:11. No one can please God, except he possesses the Holy Spirit. Only Jesus Christ can give the Holy Spirit.
Lastly, God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Ghost, His Spirit are One. These are three in One entity. If you deny one, you deny the others. If you deny the Father, you deny the Son. 1 John 5: 7.
I must agree, that it takes the grace of God to understand this, and to accept it. For it is written: For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1Corrinthians 1:18; Isaiah 29:11-14; 50:4).
Lastly, you cannot separate Jesus from the Bible. Bible remains the only valid source of information about Jesus Christ. In fact, Jesus is the Word of God. So if we must talk about Jesus Christ, we must talk about the Bible.
In conclusion, you cannot serve God or access God, except you come through Jesus Christ. Forgiveness of sin, salvation comes through Him. And eternal life comes through Him. If you need any of these, you must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by wadetaw202: 9:27am On Mar 25, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

I judge no man.

But the Bible never said when something is wrong, keep quiet.

You cannot wash the feet of a Muslim, Jesus only washed the feet of His disciples- His followers.

He said if I wash thee not, you have no part with me. How does someone who has not and will not accept Jesus as his only Lord and Saviour be a follower of Christ?

Why are you all hypocritical? Will Muslims do the same for you? No!

They follow their religion to the letter. Not like us.

I don't get you. Is it every time you point out a fault that you're JUDGING?

So, you will not demonstrate Christ's teachings and way of life to Muslims because they won't do same for you?

Are you a Christian at all? I doubt it.

Didn't the bible say you should love and do good to them that revile you? Or is that not in your bible anymore?

What separates Apostle peter, apostle paul, you and the Muslims other than Gode's Grace? Ephesians 2:8.

If it is by Grace, then it is not by work, which means you got it not because you deserve it. So, what now makes you better than or different from them? Nothing!

Finally, have you forgotten the teaching of Jesus where he said in John 10:16, that he will bring in other people?

And have you forgotten his teachings in Luke 24:47, where he said preaching should begin, both in words, but especially in action, from Jerusalem to the uttermost parts of the world (even to Muslims...except you Dont see Muslims as part of "uttermost parts of the world" )

If me, a catholic, can know these things, how come you, a Pentecostal, do not know them, since you claim you know God better than catholics?

I mean what is the point in attending Pentecostal church if the Holy Spirit, the institutor of Pentecost, doesn't reveal these things to you?
Re: Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others by oyindamolaasake(f): 9:30am On Mar 25, 2016
I'm proud 2 b a CATHOLIC.God bless u Holy Father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Will you be shut out of heaven if you do any of these? / Mbaka: Why I Didn't But Private Jet Like Other Pastors / How Illuminati Collapsed Tb Joshua Guest House (synagogue Church Of All Nation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.