Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) (34961 Views)

Mother Dumps New-born Baby Inside The Gutter And Takes Off (photo) / Man Impregnates 20-year-old Daughter, Dumps Baby In Well In Bauchi / Mother Dumps Her New Born Baby In A Canal. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by benjibabs(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
pinceprinz:

My point is that if you must abort a pregnancy, do it before it can be said to be a grown foetus. Aborting a pregnancy is still legal before 12weeks of its cycle when it begets heart not.

MrBrownJ & pinceprinz,

Both of you should stop deceiving one another. Because aborting within 12 weeks is legal (wherever) does not make it right. What is the difference between the young fetus and the grown one? It is not the same baby? Without the young fetus can there ever be the grown one? If the young fetuses "WHO" grew up to become both of you today had ended up being sucked out of your respective mothers, would you two be here today to contribute your quota? Do you even know how dangerous abortion is at any point in the pregnancy cycle?

I dare you two to watch the videos in the link below and still remain the same:

AbortionsProcedures.com

And did I mention that the first line of defense is the old fashion abstinence? and it is the only form of "protection" that is 100% guaranteed!!! wink
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Agukagu(m): 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
faites:
If this girl had sold this baby to a childless couple, people here would still castigate and call her wicked.

Some people will even tag the foster home that helped to take care of the helpless girl as baby factory.

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Joshthefirst(m): 10:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kay17:

What family planning methods did you have in mind?
Contraception. Sterilization.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
fortunechy:
any gal dts responsible for dis will never hear the cry of a baby in all her miserable life.
who are you to say that..na she give her self belle..
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by MRBrownJ: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
LaExpert:

A miserable life is when you have sex with different people and expose yourself to the consequences without being ready for them (STDs, Pregnancy, social embarrassment etc)...not when you abstain.
Young man, abstinence WILL WORK for you...and will save you from ALL consequences of illegitimate sex.

to me (and many other men AND women), life with abstinence is a miserable life... now here you are WRONGLY assuming that a woman who has unprotected sex automatically is a woman who has sex with different people (false!!!!!), who automatically expose herself to STDs (false again!!!!), that she automatically gives a damn about the social embarrassment (false false false!!!!), or that the sex is illegitimate (absolute nonsense!!!!)

1) a woman can have unprotected sex as a virgin (or with the 1st man who ever has sex with her) and still get pregnant, and she would still have the right to want an abortion (if thats what she decides)
2) many couples have tests to make sure that they are STD free, before they decide to have unprotected sex.
3) again, just because someone doesnt want to have a kid, doesnt mean it is for social embarrassment. there are many women out there who just DONT want children (ask Oprah)
4) a wife being pregnant by her husband, but not wanting any more children, could want an abortion, and the sex wouldnt be illegitimate, would it?!

i am sure abstinence will work for me or anyone else, but we DONT want it, and this is our decision.... accept it.

Forced abortion or not, women who abort face the same risk! They risk losing their lives and their fertility!

as i have told you earlier, people having abortion know the consequences of their act, and STILL go ahead and abort. so why dont you care about your abstaining life, and let them worry about theirs?
btw driving a car face the risks of dying in deadly accident, yet i dont see you abstaining from driving. having a home face the risks of being attacked by armed robbers, does that stop you from having a home?! there are risks everywhere in life, and each and everyone of us are aware of this, but this certainly wont stop us from living the lives we desire for ourselves.
if she was a prostitute and wanted to abort her customer's child, she would still have that right... whether you like what she does or not.

So, which world is unreal? The one you're in?
For your information, legality doesn't translate to morality.
LGBT is a crime here in Nigeria...and it is completely Legal in some other countries.

sadly, you AND I believe that what this evil woman did is a crime by law, FACT!!!
while you believe that abortion is a crime, while the majority of the world DOESNT, FACT again!!!

Now it has moved from consensual sex to rape.

i am just giving you plausible reasons as to why people (even YOU) would selfishly accept abortion AND/OR plausible reason why this deranged women threw that baby in the dustbin... but hey, i am waiting for your answer.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by MRBrownJ: 11:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
benjibabs:

MrBrownJ & pinceprinz,

Both of you should stop deceiving one another. Because aborting within 12 weeks is legal (wherever) does not make it right.

it is RIGHT by people who think like us, isnt it?!

What is the difference between the young fetus and the grown one? It is not the same baby?

lets see... an early foetus has NO heartbeat, doesnt breathe and have NO brain activities, while a baby does. if you cant see the "obvious" difference, then its all on you bro

Without the young fetus can there ever be the grown one?

is a car engine A CAR?! is a seed a flower? hell no!!!! unless you add important ingredients into the mix, a foetus/car engine/seed will remain just that!

If the young fetuses "WHO" grew up to become both of you today had ended up being sucked out of your respective mothers, would you two be here today to contribute your quota?

lucky for us then, and unlucky for the gazillions that didnt have that same chance. now, imagine if every single foetus came to term, how would the world cope?! use your brain pls.

Do you even know how dangerous abortion is at any point in the pregnancy cycle?

just as dangerous as driving a car at high speed, yet many gladly do it. let each and everyone live their lives, so long as you live yours. if you are against abortion then DONT HAVE ONE, basta.

i dont care about such BS propaganda videos.

And did I mention that the first line of defense is the old fashion abstinence? and it is the only form of "protection" that is 100% guaranteed!!! wink

good... make sure you practice that in your life, and let others live the life they desire for themselves.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by derosario11(m): 12:20am On Mar 26, 2016
May the Lord be her judge. she knew her reason for such nefarious act. I pity the poor innocent soul.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by octopusfreaky(f): 1:07am On Mar 26, 2016
pinceprinz:

In my world, life starts when the embryo in the womb develops and differentiates into a distinct head and tail region and has started the basic Xteristic of a living thing acronym MR NIGER if u kwim... This life process is initiated in the womb, Its murder and sheer wickedness to terminate a life just cos its depending on you for shelter and food for a prescribed length of time. If u doing that out of fear poverty , Just fogerit! Its never a curse being born poor or giving birth in poverty. You will be whatever you wanna be if you can concentrate and carry on no matter how hard. The holy book promised, "to every single being is a means of sustenance paid in full" ...

Anyway, the bottom line is that folks should endeavor to jealously guard against getting pregnant when they know they are not ready to bear the consequences , If it then happens for whatever reason , then you gotta belt up to bear the consequences of parenthood. That's my position.

And yeah, to each his own! smiley
u tooo make sense jare
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by octopusfreaky(f): 1:13am On Mar 26, 2016
NAWA OOOOO,,MURDERERS EVERYWHERE cry cry cry cry cry GOD HAVE MERCY.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by VNOS(m): 1:21am On Mar 26, 2016
Its a pity how we are quick to pass judgment without knowing what might have actually led to this. Now by the grace of God, I would NEVER support abortion or abandoning a new born baby but has anyone even considered the idea that it could have been a still birth I can ask this because something like that happened to a poor family I know of. The wife had a still birth after all the pains of pregnancy to full term only for the baby boy to die at delivery. The sad and unfortunate father was told by the hospital to take the body of the child away. In his confused and depressed state he reluctantly took his dead child, wrapped him in a wrapper they had bought previously for the expected baby, and he said since he had no land or could think of any place to bury the body, he put the wrapped body inside one of those large nylon bags, took it inside the bush were he thought no one would notice it and abandoned it there. He was only surprised the morning of the next day when to his dismay people had gathered around the spot where he left the baby's body, reigning insults upon the "heartless mother" who they thought had abandoned her baby in the bush. Imagine how he would have felt seeing that happen especially after the pain himself and his wife just went through.
Now I don't want to say if he was right or wrong to dispose the body in such a manner because that's not the issue here. Though I think he could be forgiven for having a temporary lapse in judgement due to the blinding emotional pain he must have been going through when he carried out the act.
Please note that My main aim here is not to discredit this story or say this was a similar circumstance to the one I just narrated as I do not have all the facts of this story, but rather to make you guys realize how the truth/actual facts could be completely far from what people readily assume when passing judgment.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by LaExpert: 2:36am On Mar 26, 2016
I'll do you the honour of responding even though most of what you've written is baseless.

MRBrownJ:

to me (and many other men AND women), life with abstinence is a miserable life...

1.That a group of people believe something doesn't mean what they believe is right...e.g. Boko Haram, ISIS, Al Qaeda etc believe terrorism is good, but that does not make it good., The American Govt. believe that it is okay for Men to marry men...but I'm sure you wouldn't marry a man because you know it isn't proper.

2. To ask you further; what exactly makes a life of abstinence miserable?

MRBrownJ:

now here you are WRONGLY assuming that a woman who has unprotected sex automatically is a woman who has sex with different people (false!!!!!), who automatically expose herself to STDs (false again!!!!), that she automatically gives a damn about the social embarrassment (false false false!!!!), or that the sex is illegitimate (absolute nonsense!!!!)

That assumption is only in your thoughts.

A man or woman that engages in unprotected sex...and even 'protected' sex exposes herself to several risks, STDs are just a part of those.

You get an STD from just ONE partner...that partner could be the first.

As regards the social embarrassment, nothing changes if she doesn't care about it, an unwanted pregnancy is socially embarrassing.

MRBrownJ:

1) a woman can have unprotected sex as a virgin (or with the 1st man who ever has sex with her) and still get pregnant, and she would still have the right to want an abortion (if thats what she decides)

Yes, a virgin can get pregnant at her first attempt.

Abortion isn't still the best option, she can lose her life trying to abort...but if she abstains, she won't die neither will she carry an unwanted pregnancy.

When 'we' advice people not to abort, it is for their own good. Many orphanages are willing to accept the baby and take care of it.

MRBrownJ:

2) many couples have tests to make sure that they are STD free, before they decide to have unprotected sex.

I know many couples that do that.

How many unmarried partners do that?
Less than 5% I assume because I don't know of anyone.

Or have you ever gone for a test with anyone you've ever had sex with?

MRBrownJ:

3) again, just because someone doesnt want to have a kid, doesnt mean it is for social embarrassment. there are many women out there who just DONT want children (ask Oprah)
In Nigeria, (quote me anywhere), an unwanted pregnancy is socially embarrassing...it is frowned at.

Even the e-diots that have randy sex, castigate their peers that do the same and get pregnant doing it.

Oprah doesn't want kids? Now, ask Oprah if she gets pregnant and aborts it...then you'll get my point.

MRBrownJ:

4) a wife being pregnant by her husband, but not wanting any more children, could want an abortion, and the sex wouldnt be illegitimate, would it?!

How many married people have you seen taking their wives for an abortion because they don't want anymore children?

There are a thousand and one safe birth control methods for couples, abortion isn't part.

MRBrownJ:

as i have told you earlier, people having abortion know the consequences of their act, and STILL go ahead and abort. so why dont you care about your abstaining life, and let them worry about theirs?
btw driving a car face the risks of dying in deadly accident, yet i dont see you abstaining from driving. having a home face the risks of being attacked by armed robbers, does that stop you from having a home?! there are risks everywhere in life, and each and everyone of us are aware of this, but this certainly wont stop us from living the lives we desire for ourselves.
if she was a prostitute and wanted to abort her customer's child, she would still have that right... whether you like what she does or not.

Your examples don't relate to the topic.

I will keep driving cars because cars are GOOD and driving is also GOOD, I will own and live in houses because it is good...but I won't advise anyone to abort because it is BAD.

MRBrownJ:

sadly, you AND I believe that what this evil woman did is a crime by law, FACT!!!
while you believe that abortion is a crime, while the majority of the world DOESNT, FACT again!!!

Yes, what she did is morally wrong but it is still far better than aborting that lad.

She would have done better by handing the baby over to willing people that will take care of it.

MRBrownJ:

i am just giving you plausible reasons as to why people (even YOU) would selfishly accept abortion AND/OR plausible reason why this deranged women threw that baby in the dustbin... but hey, i am waiting for your answer.

In cases of rape, incest and the likes; the baby should be kept and the government should take custody of such child(ren) when born...while the offender should be prosecuted.

MRBrownJ:

i am sure abstinence will work for me or anyone else, but we DONT want it, and this is our decision.... accept it.

Now, frankly speaking.

This is the reason any country/community/individual will not make reasonable progress.

If you KNOW the bold...that abstinence is the best and will work for you and everyone else...and you don't want it, then I can only feel sorry for you.

The reason you complain of a bad Nigeria today is because of people like you in power; knowing the solution to the problems of the country yet, continuously refusing to do the solution, saying they don't want it...and expecting everyone to accept it as their decision.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 26, 2016
MRBrownJ:

it is RIGHT by people who think like us, isnt it?!

lets see... an early foetus has NO heartbeat, doesnt breathe and have NO brain activities, while a baby does. if you cant see the "obvious" difference, then its all on you bro

is a car engine A CAR?! is a seed a flower? hell no!!!! unless you add important ingredients into the mix, a foetus/car engine/seed will remain just that!

lucky for us then, and unlucky for the gazillions that didnt have that same chance. now, imagine if every single foetus came to term, how would the world cope?! use your brain pls.

just as dangerous as driving a car at high speed, yet many gladly do it. let each and everyone live their lives, so long as you live yours. if you are against abortion then DONT HAVE ONE, basta.

i dont care about such BS propaganda videos.

good... make sure you practice that in your life, and let others live the life they desire for themselves.

Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 26, 2016
benjibabs:

MrBrownJ & pinceprinz,

Both of you should stop deceiving one another. Because aborting within 12 weeks is legal (wherever) does not make it right. What is the difference between the young fetus and the grown one? It is not the same baby? Without the young fetus can there ever be the grown one? If the young fetuses "WHO" grew up to become both of you today had ended up being sucked out of your respective mothers, would you two be here today to contribute your quota? Do you even know how dangerous abortion is at any point in the pregnancy cycle?

AbortionsProcedures.com

What you're failing to realise here gee, is that so many factors could contribute to the need to abort. Those that easily come to mind are

-when the abortion is necessary to save the Mother from life threatening complications which could arise during the pregnancy , while giving birth or even after birth. - this is the prescribed abortion and it is legal to do it at any stage of the pregnancy. Accepted?

- Even legally married couples who for whatever reason be it economical, social or what have you might have to go abortions at some point in time. If done before it can be called a grown foetus with a life (beating heart and developing neurones) and you still call that wickedness, then its also wickedness when you throw away your cum filled condom cheesy

Talking abstinence, Yh abstinence is prescribed for those who ain't married isn't it? I'm cool with that for those of you that can manage, thumbs up in fact wink. But what about those who are married? They should also abstain after they've had all the babies they want? Is that what yo saying? cheesy
Or will you argue they'd have to continue using the 'infallible' contraceptives, condoms and the likes for forever? cheesy Man, yo still sleeping, Wake Up!

The point is Aborting a pregnancy before it can be said to be a living thing will always be more sane than having babies; you would later have to dump like the one we dealing with now, you wouldn't have the capacity to cater for as you would love to - Unloved babies most of the time grow into randy men that contribute immensely to greater levels of social maladjustments I will leave us to imagine.

And yh, Brown gave an excellent analogy to answer your is fetus not potentially the same thing as a human being conundrums. But really, if the immature, yet to be alive foetus issue can give you headaches, then semen you ejaculate while having protected sex , using spermicide , using pills by the females etc should also be kicked against since these elements when unguarded and allowed to fuse and germinate are potential human beings.

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:05am On Mar 26, 2016
Kay17:
The abstinence crowd wouldn't talk about the failures of abstinence. When sexually active adults are battered by raging hormones, when Nature has appointed the age when we reproduce, who are We to deny such a natural process?

Besides abortion helps keep the population stable, we can't recklessly bank on abstinence.

lipsrsealed ... well you are an atheist . And these motivated your mentors to carry out despicable horrendous acts against humanity . E.g Mao of China

https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-grasp-atheistic
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Temitope124(m): 6:59am On Mar 26, 2016
cry
gbaskiboy:
Op you have said it all, she is heartless
some have food they can't eat and some can eat but there is no food ....may the lord show mercy......
gbaskiboy:
some have food they can't eat and some can eat but there is no food ....may the lord show mercy......
gbaskiboy:
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by esosuo: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2016
Wicked world ,wat sin did dis young soul commit to get all dis from some one who is to protect it ? Dis world is not really a safe place even for the unborn murderers evry where
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by OkoAnike(m): 8:18am On Mar 26, 2016
Stupedinluv:
The man who impregnated her must be a shameless irresponsible looser

Sorry child embarassed

Hence, if a man that impregnate u is d same as you described, you will throw your own baby away too.... Huummmm?
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by LaExpert: 8:50am On Mar 26, 2016
Kay17:
The abstinence crowd wouldn't talk about the failures of abstinence. When sexually active adults are battered by raging hormones, when Nature has appointed the age when we reproduce, who are We to deny such a natural process?

The abstinence crowd probably don't know its failures...because it has none, and if you think there are; you may go on to mention them.

Can you tell me of anyone that abstinence has killed or probably harmed in anyway.

Kay17:

Besides abortion helps keep the population stable, we can't recklessly bank on abstinence.

Abstinence does it better.

Learn to appreciate good things...and reject bad ones.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Kay17: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2016
LaExpert:

The abstinence crowd probably don't know its failures...because it has none, and if you think there are; you may go on to mention them.

Can you tell me of anyone that abstinence has killed or probably harmed in anyway.

Abstinence does it better.

Learn to appreciate good things...and reject bad ones.

An individual in the motions of abstinence who loses control of his/her sexual urges and gives in to sex, is often in an unplanned situation without contraceptives or other means. Abstinence is as strong as one's willpower. And once such willpower falters, there is no safety net cos most abstinence crowd believe they will never fail.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Kay17: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2016
benjibabs:

MrBrownJ & pinceprinz,

AbortionsProcedures.com

The idea is babies develop in the womb. They gain significant attributes and features that make them more and more human. If you concede to this point, it means that there is an early stage whereby the baby isn't sufficiently formed to be regarded as a human with the special features that make it human.

It is at this stage the foetus can safely be extracted without moral consequences.

Abortion has a bad reputation but a careful scrutiny reveals its advantages.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by LaExpert: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2016
Kay17:

An individual in the motions of abstinence who loses control of his/her sexual urges and gives in to sex, is often in an unplanned situation without contraceptives or other means. Abstinence is as strong as one's willpower. And once such willpower falters, there is no safety net cos most abstinence crowd believe they will never fail.

As reasonable as what you opined seems, it is still highly flawed.

Someone who is in the motion of abstinence will;
1. Most likely not get trapped in a situation that will make him lose control and;
2. Recognise and avoid situations that will make him 'lose control.'

Ones willpower isn't faltered, if anyone has consensual sex, then it is his/her choice.

Why do you think someone at the verge of a sexual encounter and learns the partner is HIV+, will (most certainly) restrain himself?

Or will you have sex with someone you know has an STD because you have a sexual urge?

It all boils down to choice.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 26, 2016
This is horrible!

sad
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Kay17: 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
LaExpert:

As reasonable as what you opined seems, it is still highly flawed.

Someone who is in the motion of abstinence will;
1. Most likely not get trapped in a situation that will make him lose control and;
2. Recognise and avoid situations that will make him 'lose control.'

Ones willpower isn't faltered, if anyone has consensual sex, then it is his/her choice.

Why do you think someone at the verge of a sexual encounter and learns the partner is HIV+, will (most certainly) restrain himself?

Or will you have sex with someone you know has an STD because you have a sexual urge?

It all boils down to choice.

Just the same way cigarette smokers willingly struggle to quit. People don't make logical deductions to have sex, rather it is a biological response. Humans are not cold logical cases.

That's why people have burning desires, don't you think so?
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Princewell2012(m): 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
ShutdownBrown24:
What do you think is responsible for the dumping of new born babies in our streets by some ladies, do you think the guy responsible ran away, the lady is wicked, rituals, give your reasons because dumping of innocent babies is rampant this days,even we have heard cases of married women dumping their babies with reasons best known to them!!What do you think?

the bible says, can a mother forsake her suckling child...

The consept of that word mother have been greatly abused.

Op change the topic, as A prostitute dump her baby in a refuse. That would have captured the whole thing.

It is very good we take a very good look at the word mother. According to the bible.

No mother will dump her baby in a dusbin.

Only the wise will understand what am saying.

It is a story for another day.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by LaExpert: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kay17:

Just the same way cigarette smokers willingly struggle to quit. People don't make logical deductions to have sex, rather it is a biological response. Humans are not cold logical cases.

That's why people have burning desires, don't you think so?

Burning desires or not; it still boils down you making the choice.

Having sex is NOT a reflex action, it can be controlled.
No one dies from not having sex.

If that same 'chronic' cigarette smoker knows that next stick of cigarette will choke him to death, he likely won't lit it...despite his cravings.
If that gentleman knows he'll contract AIDS from that lady, he will restrain himself despite his 'burning desires.'

If the smoker truly suffers from addiction; Why do you think that same 'chronic smoker' will magically stop smoking when the doctor tells him further smoking will lead to dysfunctional lungs and death?

Must something wrong happen to people before they do the right things?
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Kay17: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
LaExpert:

Burning desires or not; it still boils down you making the choice.

Having sex is NOT a reflex action, it can be controlled.
No one dies from not having sex.

If that same 'chronic' cigarette smoker knows that next stick of cigarette will choke him to death, he likely won't lit it...despite his cravings.
If that gentleman knows he'll contract AIDS from that lady, he will restrain himself despite his 'burning desires.'

If the smoker truly suffers from addiction; Why do you think that same 'chronic smoker' will magically stop smoking when the doctor tells him further smoking will lead to dysfunctional lungs and death?

Must something wrong happen to people before they do the right things?

Don't burning desires becloud our judgments? In some people, they are able to maintain a firm control over these desires while others fail at it. Similarly addictions, most smokers know smoking is bad and injurious to their health yet they can't summon the will to control that addiction.

Our reason and self control conflict with our desires and emotions. We try to rein the desires to eat and have sex but not always successfully.

So your abstinence policy can only work for those with strong will.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by LaExpert: 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kay17:

Don't burning desires becloud our judgments? In some people, they are able to maintain a firm control over these desires while others fail at it. Similarly addictions, most smokers know smoking is bad and injurious to their health yet they can't summon the will to control that addiction.

Our reason and self control conflict with our desires and emotions. We try to rein the desires to eat and have sex but not always successfully.

So your abstinence policy can only work for those with strong will.

Everyone can actually have a 'strong will.'

If there were a strict government legislation against pre-marital sex, you will be amazed at how 'weak willed' people magically become 'strong willed.'
...but we are humans, we don't want to the right thing until we see the legislation, punishment or consequences first before we do it.

Just like LGBT, many who have burning desires to marry the same gender have magically conformed to the law...they can only @ worst, feed their desires secretly.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by fortunechy(m): 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
snowheart:
who are you to say that..na she give her self belle..
young lad is like u ar the one.am suspecting u.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Kay17: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
LaExpert:

Everyone can actually have a 'strong will.'

So you acknowledge they don't but can, right?
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by LaExpert: 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kay17:

So you acknowledge they don't but can, right?
Everyone can.
You disagree?
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by Kay17: 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
LaExpert:

Everyone can.

You disagree?

My point all along was they don't have, which apparently you agree to. Whether they can, I don't know.
Re: Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) by LaExpert: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
Kay17:

My point all along was they don't have, which apparently you agree to. Whether they can, I don't know.

My point is simply abstinence is better than abortion in all ways...which you also apparently agree to.

Regards. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinedu Eze Was Shot 9 Times By A Somalian Over Cellphone / Smuggler Who Taped 15 Phones To His Body Caught In Kenya (Photos) / Woman Throws Her 3-day-old Baby Into Dustbin In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.