Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) (40503 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van / Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by muller101(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2016
That's patronage. Open shoprite in osogbo let's see how many people will troop in. No money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by HRich(m): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2016
kaywiluv:
shocked this ppl local oo, na for der dey won take do dia village meeting?
How E take Concern you kwanu?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by unite4real: 9:05am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

I can understand that you have calculator brain so your brain boot slowly, that's why you need somebody to reply me instead of you to reply me immediately.

Guy if u must know, calculator is the fastest booting electronic device. Even faster than TV. To tell someone his brain boot as slow as calculator beats my imagination.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 25, 2016
naijaking1:
Such a crowd, just to spend their own money at a grocery store
Wait till they see Walmart!

asin, Walmart is coming to conquer...

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by muller101(m): 9:06am On Mar 25, 2016
PentiumPro:
See as they invaded a shopping mall, just like the way they've been invading the SW in millions and yet still shouting Baifrat.
Villagers grin
its osogbo shoprite. Look well
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by checkolatunji: 9:07am On Mar 25, 2016
Diesel1:
so na for ur village u dey live ?

Yes, my Village wey your people see as London. Dem won die for my place grin grin grin

Omo forget Lagos na London for Easterner's eye. Village or no Village. You need come Lagos make you see as una people dey behave

8 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Menace2Society(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2016
My country people grin
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by charlesm91(m): 9:10am On Mar 25, 2016
Abeg I dey serve for Owerri, any cinema dey here at all make I cool out for the Easter. Asked around but no one seems sure.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Luckygurl(f): 9:10am On Mar 25, 2016
grin grin grin
Hilarious comments

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 9:11am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

Omo the tin pain you oooo grin grin grin

Come Lagos you go experience first hand locality of your people. I know them pass you

Are you from Lagos state, just curious?

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by stubbornman(m): 9:12am On Mar 25, 2016
new2020:

When you talk about looking local, no tribe looks more local than yoruba. Most of you even after living in abroad for 60 yrs, still look very local.
if nah be be DAT dude I go back my head Cylinder... kai dis one pain
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by checkolatunji: 9:14am On Mar 25, 2016
calliking:

Two things are certain, your foolishness knows no bound and also the people that helped make Lagos look civilised are the non indigenous. We buy your lands in villages. Which yoruba man fit common 100 M buy land or buy shop. Dem no born una well to try am. When we have bought it, your women will bring their wares(mainly candy) to beg for attachment. And an average Ibadan man's locality is world wide.

That is the reason why we are better than you people, we accommodate you guys to developed our place. If you must know, no place can be develop without outsiders. We know this and we make our place a place you can not resist.

You come here because you you want to make money you can not make in your place. With that what do we get in return? Development

With all you claim you have, your place is still as local as ever.

13 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by stubbornman(m): 9:14am On Mar 25, 2016
YOMIT:
The way Nigerians carry Shoprite for head is embarrassing, in SA Shoprite is not even among the top 5 choice for shoppers. God help us.
its so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by kaywiluv(f): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2016
HRich:
How E take Concern you kwanu?

Biko, na dis kind thing dey piss me, must dey go n see if dey don't av anytin to buy?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2016
laribari:

That make it even embarrassing because some people there acted as if the items in the mall will finish that same day without the stock being replenished.

Bonaza usually runs through the first week or two.

Actaully, the truth is that in malls bonaza is not possible because they can't give you one for free, unless you are talking about the price. However, the items are already all discounted by price so that will not change even in the first 1 month.

One thing you should understand is that there are people that do things for the fun of it. Probably they did it for the fun of it and nothing much.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by checkolatunji: 9:16am On Mar 25, 2016
mavinc4u:

Are you from Lagos state, just curious?

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by mykel25(m): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2016
Lwkmd can't believe this.....shoprite don turn amusement park for dem....Y ibos be like diz na....i be think say na only hausa mumu sha...anyway that's d only thing that makes dem feel like they are in lagos sorry abroad tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Jimi23(m): 9:17am On Mar 25, 2016
Hilarious pictures. Street at the mall. Lol.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 25, 2016
dhakingpin:
[s]
may God purnish ur mouth for saying that shit, when u are talking about the most civilized and the most educated people is Yoruba man....Igbo na to open wan shit shop them plenty for lag and Abk....Hausa na to dae sell camel....u are now saying shit Abt Yoruba...Bleep you....Yoruba president are the most educated ....na ur pmb finish se condary school while good luck read zoology shit....f*ck u again for saying shit....65% of doctors in Nigeria are Yoruba even barister do ur research bro before saying shit... I don't blame Yoruba niggaz dat can't talk most of dem are from local area doe..[/s].

Even though you don't deserve my response...you write so locally; uncivilized manner! I'll excuse you because you are Yoruba and expected!

Let's put the facts out...because you people are kingpin of propaganda!

1. The most educated ethnic group today in Nigeria is the Igbos...statistics say so not me! They lead in every measure of educational success; even simple Common Entrance of kids under 10 yrs old...they lead by wide margin!
2. When colonial whites arrived present-day Nigeria, they described the Igbos as " well civilized" and yorubas as "barbaric". I'm not making these up...these facts are well documented in many colonial books. Google is your friend!

Finally, Igbos are not yoruba mates...at all! Igbos are a superior race; only African race ever mentioned along side Jews, Germans, Japanese and Chinese as superior races!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by lonelydora: 9:18am On Mar 25, 2016
new2020:

When you talk about looking local, no tribe looks more local than yoruba. Most of you even after living in abroad for 60 yrs, still look very local.

Abeg take two chilled bottles for my head.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Tex42(m): 9:18am On Mar 25, 2016
Na wa o!

Shoprite don turn amusement park o.

The enthusiasm with which Nigerians patronize and talk about this "shoprite", u'll think the place is more a fun center than a store.

Like say them dey import the things wey them dey sell for the store from heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by menix(m): 9:19am On Mar 25, 2016
I sure say Emeka go carry 25 litre gallon come shoprite make him fit fetch the AC air..

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Irore: 9:19am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

So

Today na easter . No eat meat o.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 9:20am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

Is just a simply question. Why is it too difficult for you to answer?
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Biafrarep(m): 9:20am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

Omo the tin pain you oooo grin grin grin

Come Lagos you go experience first hand locality of your people. I know them pass you
You are ignorant dude, an average Igbo person in Owerri or Enugu is far more civilized than an average yoruba person in Ibadan or Oshogbo, stop using Lagos as yardstick, its a former federal capital & "a no mans land" with its cosmopolitan nature. The first & last time I was at Ibadan, believe me I was disgusted & ashamed at the kind of medieval pigsty houses your folks were living in, the rickety buses, people going to work with chewing stick in their mouths, fat & dirty looking women wearing bras openly, dingy looking men with scars all over their faces & it seemed they use crude oil as cream! Many of them could not even express themselves in pidgin English, when speak English they reply in yoruba & the next thing they start cursing. Despite the influence of Lagos, SW is a very archaic region & thats a fact!!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by dilini(m): 9:21am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:
Chai!!!! This people local sha ooo grin grin grin

When them come Gidi, stay like 6 months them go begin do yanga like say them open eye before them leave their village. Yeye village people, even the ones wey go school still dey do like bush person.

Wetin annoy me pass na the way dem carry that tin for head.
Some even still sidon for ground dey wait for their turn to carry basket for head
Chai!!!! I tire for this people oooo

Are you even listening to yourself, are you even from Lasgidi? Just because you were fortunate to live in Gidi you have the effontery to label those from the Southeast 'bush people'. I feel you need your brains to be checked and reformatted 'cos I believe this hating aint gonna do you no good. Grow up dude!!!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by PentiumPro(f): 9:21am On Mar 25, 2016
muller101:
its osogbo shoprite. Look well

You blind? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by dazzlingd(m): 9:22am On Mar 25, 2016
chai! maka why? talk of a third world country...
wen the whites were at this stage, we were probably still living in caves and on trees
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Cubeet: 9:22am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

Yes, my Village wey your people see as London. Dem won die for my place grin grin grin

Omo forget Lagos na London for Easterner's eye. Village or no Village. You need come Lagos make you see as una people dey behave
Shuttup Mumu, Which London. The reasons why they migrate to Lagos is cos of the population which encourages commercial activities. In Geographical aspect, it is closer to the Ocean, has a seaport,which also encourages the importing of goods. You wanna compare Lagos to London? Then take a stroll to Bariga, Mushin, Ejigbo, Ogogoro bus stop, Ikotun, and other dirty dirty areas.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Billygee2u: 9:23am On Mar 25, 2016
new2020:

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:
Chai!!!! This people local sha ooo grin grin grin

When them come Gidi, stay like 6 months them go begin do yanga like say them open eye before them leave their village. Yeye village people, even the ones wey go school still dey do like bush person.

Wetin annoy me pass na the way dem carry that tin for head.
Some even still sidon for ground dey wait for their turn to carry basket for head
Chai!!!! I tire for this people oooo
sheer hilarious

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) / Crypto Restriction Opens Nigeria To Fresh Foreign Scramble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.