Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) (40500 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van / Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by PentiumPro(f): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2016
new2020:

Even though you don't deserve my response...you write so locally; uncivilized manner! I'll excuse you because you are Yoruba and expected!

Let's put the facts out...because you people are kingpin of propaganda!

1. The most educated ethnic group today in Nigeria is the Igbos...statistics say so not me! They lead in every measure of educational success; even simple Common Entrance of kids under 10 yrs old...they lead by wide margin!
2. When colonial whites arrived present-day Nigeria, they described the Igbos as " well civilized" and yorubas as "barbaric". I'm not making these up...these facts are well documented in many colonial books. Google is your friend!

Finally, Igbos are not yoruba mates...at all! Igbos are a superior race; only African race ever mentioned along side Jews, Germans, Japanese and Chinese as superior races!

You can lie for the human race. cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2016
new2020:

Even though you don't deserve my response...you write so locally; uncivilized manner! I'll excuse you because you are Yoruba and expected!

Let's put the facts out...because you people are kingpin of propaganda!

1. The most educated ethnic group today in Nigeria is the Igbos...statistics say so not me! They lead in every measure of educational success; even simple Common Entrance of kids under 10 yrs old...they lead by wide margin!
2. When colonial whites arrived present-day Nigeria, they described the Igbos as " well civilized" and yorubas as "barbaric". I'm not making these up...these facts are well documented in many colonial books. Google is your friend!

Finally, Igbos are not yoruba mates...at all! Igbos are a superior race; only African race ever mentioned along side Jews, Germans, Japanese and Chinese as superior races!

And was that why they picked zik to take over from them?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Biafrarep(m): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2016
charlesm91:
Abeg I dey serve for Owerri, any cinema dey here at all make I cool out for the Easter. Asked around but no one seems sure.
There are a number of them, you can go to kilimanjaro at ikenegbu layout.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 25, 2016
YOMIT:
The way Nigerians carry Shoprite for head is embarrassing, in SA Shoprite is not even among the top 5 choice for shoppers. God help us.

Guy, nah true talk o,, nah Pretoria I dey stay,, even shoprite dry here for drier, because there is a lots of stores and groceries here like OK GROCER, CHECKERS, INCREADIBLE COLLECTION, SPAAR, BQ, GAME, PICK n PAY, HYPERS, etc, thousands of them including small stores and malls,, but am ashamed to see this on news,, I can't show it to my South African friends,although am yoruba but I will show it to my biafran brothers here to see wat is happening in their region.
Government needs to bring back Kingsway

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by pure2012soul(m): 9:24am On Mar 25, 2016
new2020:

When you talk about looking local, no tribe looks more local than yoruba. Most of you even after living in abroad for 60 yrs, still look very local.
Flawless Victory- Mortal Kombat grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Durchmann(m): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2016
This is just pathetic!

To even think that most of the goods in there are imported from South Africa is what even annoys me the more.

We really have a long way to go. In the end, naira go hear am.

#buynaijatogrowthenaira

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by laribari(m): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2016
mavinc4u:

One thing you should understand is that there are people that do things for the fun of it. Probably they did it for the fun of it and nothing much.

well i hope so but we can't ascertain that because of the enthusiasm and the truth is that most of us were not used to shopping malls before now, yet i didn't act that way at first, neither have i seen anyone in Lagos do that before.

In between lines, i'm not Yoruba
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by dilini(m): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2016
Cubeet:
But we know say na Yoruba Dirty and Mumu pass for the whole Nigeria.
Secondly, most of the fools claiming to be Lagosians na from the dirty Village of Ibadan , Osuna, ogun, ondo, etc, You know say na only Lagos make sense pass for that dirty region. Weh dem go dey shit for potti, dey throway the shit for Road... Dirty people.
For Lagos sef na them de work under the non Yoruba companies.
Mumu deceiving themselves

You just wrote out the contents of my mind... some people aint worthy to be referred to as Southwesterners...SMH

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Cubeet: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

That is the reason why we are better than you people, we accommodate you guys to developed our place. If you must know, no place can be develop without outsiders. We know this and we make our place a place you can not resist.

You come here because you you want to make money you can not make in your place. With that what do we get in return? Development

With all you claim you have, your place is still as local as ever.
This boy Mumu nor be Small. Na Once we go take know say na Olodo.. I don't think you ve moved out of your Village in Lagos or perhaps in Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by meekmellor: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

Why you dey deceive yourself like say you no sabi say your people local pass for naija.

The only place wey them they open eye na when them come London (Lagos) of naija.

Guy no pretend grin grin grin
most of ona wey dey carry laqos for head no be laqos indiqine so, qo yha state like osun(owerri betta pass dia) oqun(owerri beta pass dia) and so on...shhhhh, proudly PH pikin (we are the ones they call obio/akpor)

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by yusufyusuf1: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2016
many of them went there to take selfie
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by olutunde12(m): 9:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Pwayne2016:
do we have one in Ur entire state, stay der dey claim No man's land as ur own while ur father's land in Oshogbo rots...Shameless Yeriba tribal bigot

The point, my brother is that the guy missed it by attacking and abusing his fellow country people like that. You people make reasonable Nigerians lose hope in this nation. One day, if things continue like this, Nigeria will break any how......likely bloody!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by PentiumPro(f): 9:28am On Mar 25, 2016
These pictures dey pain Ibos for mind. grin
Wawa people, see as the women spread legs like Ebonyi women

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by charlesm91(m): 9:28am On Mar 25, 2016
Biafrarep:
There are a number of them, you can go to kilimanjaro at ikenegbu layout.
thanks, will check it out. Hope they get to show the bvs movie.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by tonychristopher: 9:28am On Mar 25, 2016
Biafrarep:
You are ignorant dude, an average Igbo person in Owerri or Enugu is far more civilized than an average yoruba person in Ibadan or Oshogbo, stop using Lagos as yardstick, its a former federal capital & "a no mans land" with its cosmopolitan nature. The first & last time I was at Ibadan, believe me I was disgusted & ashamed at the kind of medieval pigsty houses your folks were living in, the rickety buses, people going to work with chewing stick in their mouths, fat & dirty looking women wearing bras openly, dingy looking men with scars all over their faces & it seemed they use crude oil as cream! Many of them could not even express themselves in pidgin English, when speak English they reply in yoruba & the next thing they start cursing. Despite the influence of Lagos, SW is a very archaic region & thats a fact!!!

Lol

All I can say happy Easter.

You were trully at Ibadan ..have you been to challenge lately ?

Una no go kill me with laughter here

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by olutunde12(m): 9:29am On Mar 25, 2016
yusufyusuf1:
many of them went there to take selfie

so?
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by dandollaz: 9:29am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:
Chai!!!! This people local sha ooo grin grin grin

When them come Gidi, stay like 6 months them go begin do yanga like say them open eye before them leave their village. Yeye village people, even the ones wey go school still dey do like bush person.

Wetin annoy me pass na the way dem carry that tin for head.
Some even still sidon for ground dey wait for their turn to carry basket for head
Chai!!!! I tire for this people oooo
idiot is lagos state your state?most people there have travel alot but happy to see good thing come on there door step.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by henryhemon(m): 9:31am On Mar 25, 2016
They are local sha. I no go lie shop rite is what owerri people are using as efizy? When it's a normal kisok in many places,girls will be telling their bobo take me to stop rite.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by laribari(m): 9:31am On Mar 25, 2016
PentiumPro:
See as they invaded a shopping mall, just like the way they've been invading the SW in millions and yet still shouting Baifrat.
Villagers grin

babe you funni o! grin

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by tonychristopher: 9:33am On Mar 25, 2016
unite4real:

Guy if u must know, calculator is the fastest booting electronic device. Even faster than TV. To tell someone his brain boot as slow as calculator beats my imagination.

Nice lecture

You know your physics

I guess your igbo cos igbos are damn good in sciences

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by tonychristopher: 9:34am On Mar 25, 2016
henryhemon:
They are local sha. I no go lie shop rite is what owerri people are using as efizy? When it's a normal kisok in many places,girls will be telling their bobo take me to stop rite.

If you have been to Owerri ..you will never call Owerri local

He state that has one of the highest educated people and proffesors

It's on record

If Owerri is local then ekiti is barbaric

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by ozimec(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2016
jaymejate:
Street ti take over grin

Op pls gimme the address

@No. 2 Egbu Red. Owerri
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Biafrarep(m): 9:37am On Mar 25, 2016
PentiumPro:

You can lie for the human race. cheesy grin
What he told you is fact! It is all over the internet on google, wikipedia et al, so why dont you stop being lazy & do a little research on internet since its obvious that you have access to it & cure yourself of generational ignorance! Igbos along with the Chinese, Jews & Germans have been classified as more advanced in intellect, IQ, genius in all human endeavor than all other races. This is not fiction neither is it thesis but facts that have been verified by many historians, psychologists & scientists. I'm sorry cos I know how frustrating it could be that your adversary is superior to you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Cubeet: 9:38am On Mar 25, 2016
princdebola201:
Mehn this igbos locality no be for here..grin

See as them dey behave like babarians.

No wonder them dey see Lagos as their Londongringrin
Funny when you Compare Lagos to London.. The Non Indigenes in Lagos are not only Igbos, there are Hausas, those from Ibadan, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo etc all in Lagos. It's a business Centre cos of the population.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Kingspin(m): 9:39am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:
Chai!!!! This people local sha ooo grin grin grin

When them come Gidi, stay like 6 months them go begin do yanga like say them open eye before them leave their village. Yeye village people, even the ones wey go school still dey do like bush person.

Wetin annoy me pass na the way dem carry that tin for head.
Some even still sidon for ground dey wait for their turn to carry basket for head
Chai!!!! I tire for this people oooo
If the residents didn't show up you still type another one, abeg commot here.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Bimpe29: 9:40am On Mar 25, 2016
checkolatunji:

I can understand that you have calculator brain so your brain boot slowly, that's why you need somebody to reply me instead of you to reply me immediately.
Olatunji, you're too much oo. See d way you dey attack them one by one. Na Messi you be for this thread ooo, hundred of defenders no go fit stop you from dribbling and scoring. I have changed your nomenclature on Nairaland to Messi. Lol

9 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Cubeet: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2016
Bimpe29:

Olatunji, you're too much oo. See d way you dey attack them one by one. Na Messi you be for this thread ooo, hundred of defenders no go fit stop you from dribbling and scoring. I have changed your nomenclature on Nairaland to Messi. Lol
Another Ibadan Mumu, by their comments you shall know them

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by tonychristopher: 9:47am On Mar 25, 2016
Bimpe29:

How long does it take a calculator to booth

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by bittertruthz: 9:53am On Mar 25, 2016
reportnaijanews:
Residents of Imo state came out in their numbers today March 24th to look and some to shop, at the newly commissioned Shoprite complex in the state. See more photos after the cut...

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/03/photos-imo-state-residence-invades.html

Oh Africa.

Re: Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 25, 2016
laribari:
I'm neither yoruba nor Ibo but let's face it, i have never seen anyone in Lagos malls acting like this sha oo.

Haba, this is too much especially when na young people dey carry things for head. I'm sure shoprite ran out of carts due to the crowd.

The thing with Lagos is that na only you go give yourself brain by your self when people look you in a disgusting manner and that is why you barely see things like this.

Imo State na perhaps the leading Educated State in the entire East, so i excepted more but i have so much love for Enugu sha.

Anyways, thank God for Shoprite, e for bad oo! grin grin

See the Caption sef.................. INVASION

Na real invasion oo
This is the opening day and there's a bonanza going on so you shouldn't be surprised at the throng and somewhat rowdiness. Its normal for all major business opening to experience an 'invasion'. It's absolutely not a sign of backwardness. These are innocent people who freely came out to show appreciation for the opening of a major mall in their vicinity. The frenzy will ease gradually as the days go by.

You guys really need to snap out of your negative interpretation of anything concerning the igbos and the SE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.