Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund (25817 Views)

How Ekiti State N4.7 Billion Bailout Fund Was Shared / Subsidy Scam: Uche Ogah Refunds N1.2b, Likely To Be Arrested This Week / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by ilerry007(m): 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
CHANGE..... I have seen Change in the war on terror I have seen Change in the war on corruption I have seen Change in the running of NNPC I have seen Change in our global perception I have seen Change in national leadership I have seen Change in the government belief in its ability and that of his nation I have seen Change in the fraud call oil subsidy I will see Change in power and other infrastructures I will see Change in distribution of petroleum products I will see Change in employment generation I will see Change in diversification of the economy I will see Change in the administration of our sports I will see Change in Tourism But if I can also see Change in the attitude of you and I. ..Change in our way old ways of wanting to have process subverted to have our ways faster....If I can see a Nigerian in Heathrow behaving same way in Murtala Mohammed Airport... THEN, CHANGE has finally come to stay because Change begins with you and I!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by MNDY(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
Please, what has happening or is happening with Kogi's own?
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by TheAdvocate(m): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
salisy:
Even Bayelsa dey owe workers arrears?.... SMH

Yes LG staffs not state government

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by ideology(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
MaleoPearls:
The deputy governor said the Federal Government refused to release the money because of the suspicion that Governor Seriake Dickson would use it for his re-election campaigns

Isn't that a good thing?
you missed the last line, "paying salaries is a morale booster" so It was not a right though it looks good
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by koolib(m): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Party or regional sentiments apart, its so wicked for a state as rich as bayelsa to depend on bailout to meet its fanancial obligations.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
Even with only 8 LGAs, they cant afford to pay salaries. Am wondering

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Babe u harsh ooo
tit:

i hates you!
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by adepiero: 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
anonimi:

Is Aregbeshola of Osun also in PDP?

Was his state bailout fund withheld? undecided
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by anonimi: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by PassingShot(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
tit:

i hates you!
See grammar!

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
I don't know how the apc apologists use their brains. Like seriously the whole thing is so amazing that I wonder if they have eyes and brain to read all. He said local government workers and not state workers. The state is trying to bail the local government councils out with the money. where is the issue of Bayelsa owing money or salary arise from? pls who can help to inform Aregbe da mad man to come and take 7million naira so he can pay beck next month. meaning if I should deduct the 7million from next month allocation, State of Osun will have zero allocation. wow!!!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by anonimi: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by menix(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
1.24 billion for 8 months salary
Let's hope it pays 2 month..

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by adepiero: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
anonimi:

How can it be withheld?
You sef
No vex grin

I know Aregbese is a bastard of APC. For him to give the best graduating student in Uniosun mug as gift but na Dickson drum dey sound presently so na him I dey face

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by nenergy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
iamauxin:
In a saner clime...you can't withold such money just because of elections...the people that suffer in such situation is the masses, not d well-placed few.
So he should have released it, so it can be #Dasukied?Nigeria is an insane clime grin

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by castrokins(m): 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
They Kept The Money For Sylva, But God Pass Them...

GoAndClearYourBacklog
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by PassingShot(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by ionsman: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Bailout funds dat was given Osun since last year and d people are stil been owed salaries? Even without bailout Pdp states are not oweing dat much,what do u mean by without capital infrastructures? So na only Apc states get capital infrastructures? You are a clown!

You just came across as a d.unce. It's actually honourable to be silent at times.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by ayindejimmy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
So Bayelsa is also owing workers salary. With all the noise i tot it was Only #OSun that was owing salary in Nja.
Btw, wats Bayelsa doing wit bail-out fund? Wats the populatim of Bayelsa's civil servant compared to Osun?
This people collect almost twice wat Osun collect as Fed. Allocatn. Bayelsans need to start asking cogent quest

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
Even bayelsa dey find bail out...this ijaw ppl ogogoro go kill them
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by ayindejimmy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Dimienedonkz:
I don't know how the apc apologists use their brains. Like seriously the whole thing is so amazing that I wonder if they have eyes and brain to read all. He said local government workers and not state workers. The state is trying to bail the local government councils out with the money. where is the issue of Bayelsa owing money or salary arise from? pls who can help to inform Aregbe da mad man to come and take 7million naira so he can pay beck next month. meaning if I should deduct the 7million from next month allocation, State of Osun will have zero allocation. wow!!!

you must av missed or cant comprehend this part.

The Bayelsa State government yesterday said it got N1.24 billion as its share of Federal Government’s bailout funds to states.

Now, is the bail-out fund meant 4 Local govts or states?
Who pays it back? State or local govt.
As long as its used 4 d purpose its meant for.
Which is to pay workers.
I see u dnt knw that all workers r paid by state govt.

U simply dnt av any facts.
The facts r, Osun more worker than Bayelsa bt it gets less 4rm Fg. And both of them r owing workers

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by nextstep(m): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
eleojo23:
For how long will States keep depending on bailouts? Cant every state try to be self-sufficient without having to always depend on federal allowance for survival? What are the governors there for? They need to start engaging their brains in order to move their states towards self-sufficiency.

It's hard to be self sufficient as a state when oil/mineral revenue goes to the federal government directly. The bulk of tax on profits on industry in a state also goes to the federal government and a state dare not raise its tax rates for fear industry will simply relocate to a lower tax base. The bulk of citizens' taxes also go to the federal system.

The best a state can hope for is improve revenue from sales tax. To do so they encourage industry with incentives, which will hire a lot of people with good paying jobs. Those people will buy goods and services that match their income level, which leads to increased revenue from sales tax.

Even in US and UK, the states depend heavily on the federal government which bails them out on occasion. In fact the federal government often uses the threat of denying funds for roads, health care, etc to keep states in check.
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by maasoap(m): 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
bukynkwuenu:

i have seen you dont see....
if change is sleeping without light under this hot weather and buying 351unit for 10k which was 500unit under GEJ den i see chains and setback
if the rate of poverty n hungry kids,unemployed youth,hardship,inflation,killings(boko,agatu,rivers) dollar,insecurity,chriatian girls abduction and LIES keep increasing then i see nothing but chain...

burukutu govt led by dul*lardinho
GEJ privatised power sector and you all gave him supports. If you now buy 1 unit for 10k naira, you should know who to hold responsible instead of wailing. Or, you want Buhari to dictate to DISCOS, private firms what to charge you?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
What a lie... That money was actually used for the elections.. The bayelsa state government only had to wait for other monies to replete the state purse so thaf they clear all back logs... Should john jonah even provide such a reason for keeping the money... Something is surely wrong with our leaders... Pensioners are wallowing in poverty and this man is spewing rubbish as to why the bail out money had not been used up.... Nonsense...
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
MaleoPearls:
The deputy governor said the Federal Government refused to release the money because of the suspicion that Governor Seriake Dickson would use it for his re-election campaigns

Isn't that a good thing?
its a lie... Thats the problem.. The governments reason isnt enough excuse to keep indigenes of that state in hunger..
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by AUSVINS(m): 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
So Bayelsa state too dey owe salary?
Senator Ben Brus must hear this.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by millionaireman: 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
Shameful country. Federal government bailing out an oil-rich state. It's like a fellow who has wealth under the grounds of his house but has to go begging outsiders for help which has to come through wealth under the grounds of his house.

The colonial masters left in 1960; a new colonial masters for the south east region emerged since the mid 1960s.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by billyG(m): 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
ayindejimmy:

you must av missed or cant comprehend this part.

The Bayelsa State government yesterday said it got N1.24 billion as its share of Federal Government’s bailout funds to states.

Now, is the bail-out fund meant 4 Local govts or states?
Who pays it back? State or local govt.
As long as its used 4 d purpose its meant for.
Which is to pay workers.
I see u dnt knw that all workers r paid by state govt.

U simply dnt av any facts.
The facts r, Osun more worker than Bayelsa bt it gets less 4rm Fg. And both of them r owing workers
u v goofed dude, Osun by no way has more workers than Bayelsa, don't judge ignorantly because of the population. Bayelsais 90 civil servant state.
secondly, the state is borrowing to pay the local government workers so who is paying is no longer a question because it is clear from the thread that the state is bailing the local government out as the federal governmentgovernment's doing to your Osun.
Re: Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund by fulanimafia: 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
brainpulse:
CHANGE.....

I have seen Change in the war on terror
I have seen Change in the war on corruption
I have seen Change in the running of NNPC
I have seen Change in our global perception
I have seen Change in national leadership
I have seen Change in the government belief in its ability and that of his nation
I have seen Change in the fraud call oil subsidy

I will see Change in power and other infrastructures
I will see Change in distribution of petroleum products
I will see Change in employment generation
I will see Change in diversification of the economy
I will see Change in the administration of our sports
I will see Change in Tourism

But if I can also see Change in the attitude of you and I. ..Change in our way old ways of wanting to have process subverted to have our ways faster....If I can see a Nigerian in Heathrow behaving same way in Murtala Mohammed Airport...

THEN, CHANGE has finally come to stay because Change begins with you and I!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chyna Iwuanyanwu Is Dead / Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month / N1.3trn Looted Funds: Jonathan's Camp Lists Corruption Cases Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.