Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches (36094 Views)

5 Important Health Tips When Watching Nigeria World Cup Matches / Man City Replies A Fan Over His Comment On Kelechi Iheanacho / Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Temmytea70(m): 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
eDoc:

i gave up on english,when i found out that even george bush make mistakes in english language,we shouldn't forget that he is exposed to english and english alone.

My rule,if it sounds nice,then it can be said.

i need help here,using the words 'are' or is.
how are you?
why not
how is you?

of all are is meant to be used for more than one person,e.g How are they doing?
how many are they?

How is she?
can't be How are she?

I need help,explaning this?

Bro, why direct this question to me nah... ... . I was as confused as the person I corrected if not for dictionary... .. .

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
eDoc:

He passed the ball to azu..ighe...azu..iga..azu,i and my sister were just laughing.

at this point i was like wtf is he saying??
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
eDoc:

what of the part where a ball kicked way over the goal post and the commentator was saying,we don't have an airline if not nigerian airways would be sent to retriveve the ball(i'm paraphasing)

if it was an egyptian that kicked the ball,it seemed we need to send egyptian airline to get the ball.

yea this one too was very annoying. Trying to make a very lame joke
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by CLASSIClove(m): 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
the game ws really tough, doz pple play de game an collect dia salari an we ar here fight, 4 wat nw
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by KINGOFJAPAN: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
I thought i was the only one who noticed this, I watched the game all the way from South Africa, I couldn't believe the bias and the exagerration of that commentator grin
You haven't changed one bit grin grin Nigeria will give u headache one day.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by LeSudAfricaine: 10:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:

You haven't changed one bit grin grin Nigeria will give u headache one day.
You gotta admit though, the commentary on that game was beyond ridiculous gringringrin

You reckon i have a thing against Nigeria,? Not at all, me and other South Africans VandalZa, MduZa, PunkyVeer, MPSA etc are usually just responding to the bullshht nothing more. I was a huge fan of the Super Eagles of the late 90's , Kanu, West, Babayaro, Okocha etc glorious team

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by KINGOFJAPAN: 12:49am On Mar 28, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
You gotta admit though, the commentary on that game was beyond ridiculous gringringrin

You reckon i have a thing against Nigeria,? Not at all, me and other South Africans VandalZa, MduZa, PunkyVeer, MPSA etc are usually just responding to the bullshht nothing more. I was a huge fan of the Super Eagles of the late 90's , Kanu, West, Babayaro, Okocha etc glorious team
Beyond ridiculous?? grin grin
That's why I don't watch Super Eagles matches on local TV, if super sport ain't showing it then I'll just stream it online.

This is a new year lsd, learn to ignore the rantings of "ignorant" but patriotic folks.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by SenatorJames(m): 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
Though the commentary is partial, but i thought they are only running the commentary for Nigeria and not for the world.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by tck2000(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
Funny
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by tck2000(m): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2019
intercontinental ballistic missile

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leaked Whatsapp Messages Show Emiliano Sala Rejected Cardiff Commercial Plane (P / Benin Gets To The Quarter Finals Of AFCON2019 Without Winning A Single Match / Joshua Gets Second-Round KO Win Over Ngannou (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.