Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches (36122 Views)

5 Important Health Tips When Watching Nigeria World Cup Matches / Man City Replies A Fan Over His Comment On Kelechi Iheanacho / Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by justmenoni: 4:49am On Mar 26, 2016
the eagles should not slip up...d eagles should not slip up...oh! the Egyptians have equalized!

grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by chudionu58(f): 5:01am On Mar 26, 2016
Kelechi Onwudiwe of supersports was damn too rudimentary and incompetent, permanently using the word "criminal, criminal " Ah ahn!
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by kadree(m): 5:32am On Mar 26, 2016
My brother, try listen to FEMI N THE GANG on 99.3 Naija info. Dos guyz r d bomb. B it epl, lalaga, ucl... any. Try dis n make me smile to d bank later.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ARKdiscloser7(m): 5:38am On Mar 26, 2016
He was also busy doing more of coaching than commenting.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ajasa4link: 5:45am On Mar 26, 2016
Where I watch d match, na with affam palm wine and better catfish with the damn music tuned up. Didn't hear any shiiiit commentary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by lordizak(m): 5:52am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:
Okay firstly I'd like to express my dismay at the poor diction and obvious lack of requisite knowledge Nigerian commentators portray in our NPFL matches and international matches vs other countries.

And secondly why are Nigerian commentators always expressing their support for the Nigerian side? what happened to just giving a fair commentary like it's done in foreign matches i watch on t.v?? you hear statements like "our" boys are playing well.

This lackluster unprofessional show of mediocrity did not start today but the commentator for today's match vs Egypt was very annoying, i mean it irked me so bad i had to volume down the t.v. but on a second thought i felt i should listen and laugh at his dumbfoundness.

As i kept watching the match, i wasn't satisfied with just listening and laughing so i started documenting (yep it was that bad).

So for those of you that didn't watch the match and those that were too angered to listen to the commentary, here are the one's i picked. Enjoy!

*The game is looking 3 points for the super eagles...really??
*Ogene Caro slide the Egypt number 11 and the ref says play on so If he likes he can lie down for the rest of the game....isn't this partial and rude to the opponent??
* As the captain of the side he would get up....(he said this when Mikel was fouled)... so only captains can get back to their feet after being fouled??
* A kick and a yellow card to....to...(trying to check for the players name but probably didn't find it)...to...(then he realised he could just say the country's name)...to Egypt
*Ogene trying to find his man...As it is this time or that time it did not work...
* As it is now the Egyptians would be satisfied going home conceding all 3 points to the super eagles...who told him that??
* He didn't need to do that a goal would still give us 3 points...showing preference and disrespecting the opponent again (this happened when an Egyptian defender cleared out Moses' golden chance to double the lead)
* We have 3mins to play and if you do 3min by 60 seconds we have 180seconds...the eagles should not slip up...d eagles should not slip up...oh! the Egyptians have equalized!

So there you have it, our joker of a commentator. Add up the one's i missed
Go and learn punctuation, u r not that good yourself.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by donodion(m): 6:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Cybertext:
An Egyptian corner kick was whipped in from the right hand side of the flank and it caused a little bit of pannick as the ball slipped off from the Nigerian goalkeeper to mikels face almost resulting to an own goal....
guess what our able commentator said...
"and the Egyptians are set to take the corner......oh my God!! that would have been criminal if that had gone in"

Like seriously

I read your.commentary and i laughed ao hard..thanka for spicing up my morning.gringringringringrin
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 26, 2016
ViVaMadrid:

The word is 'commenting' and not 'commentating'. Oh! You're welcome. wink
The word is 'commenting' and not 'commentating'. Oh! You're welcome.
just negodu... smh
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by sotadegrt(m): 6:31am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:
Okay firstly I'd like to express my dismay at the poor diction and obvious lack of requisite knowledge Nigerian commentators portray in our NPFL matches and international matches vs other countries.

And secondly why are Nigerian commentators always expressing their support for the Nigerian side? what happened to just giving a fair commentary like it's done in foreign matches i watch on t.v?? you hear statements like "our" boys are playing well.

This lackluster unprofessional show of mediocrity did not start today but the commentator for today's match vs Egypt was very annoying, i mean it irked me so bad i had to volume down the t.v. but on a second thought i felt i should listen and laugh at his dumbfoundness.

As i kept watching the match, i wasn't satisfied with just listening and laughing so i started documenting (yep it was that bad).

So for those of you that didn't watch the match and those that were too angered to listen to the commentary, here are the one's i picked. Enjoy!

*Ogene Caro slide the Egypt number 11 and the ref says play on so If he likes he can lie down for the rest of the game....isn't this partial and rude to the opponent??
* As the captain of the side he would get up....(he said this when Mikel was fouled)... so only captains can get back to their feet after being fouled??
* A kick and a yellow card to....to...(trying to check for the players name but probably didn't find it)...to...(then he realised he could just say the country's name)...to Egypt
*Ogene trying to find his man...As it is this time or that time it did not work...
* As it is now the Egyptians would be satisfied going home conceding all 3 points to the super eagles...who told him that??
* He didn't need to do that a goal would still give us 3 points...showing preference and disrespecting the opponent again (this happened when an Egyptian defender cleared out Moses' golden chance to double the lead)
* We have 3mins to play and if you do 3min by 60 seconds we have 180seconds...the eagles should not slip up...d eagles should not slip up...oh! the Egyptians have equalized!

sir, please, i don't mean to rubbish ur work but i am kind of confused here. Do not u think u shouldn't have used the apostrophe sign in ur ONES? Lyk, i am of the opinion dat u shud have typed thus; d 'ONES' i missed instead of d 'ONE's' i missed

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by donodion(m): 6:32am On Mar 26, 2016
Cybertext:
An Egyptian corner kick was whipped in from the right hand side of the flank and it caused a little bit of pannick as the ball slipped off from the Nigerian goalkeeper to mikels face almost resulting to an own goal....
guess what our able commentator said...
"and the Egyptians are set to take the corner......oh my God!! that would have been criminal if that had gone in"

Like seriously

I read your.commentary and i laughed ao hard..thanks for spicing up my morning.gringringringringrin
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:42am On Mar 26, 2016
ogawisdom:

U missed d worst part i e "iwobi is making his first debut for super eagles" when he said this I made him d man of d match grin grin grin

He's right nowgringrin cos there's a "SECOND DEBUT" & that will be the second leg of the game gringringringrin
Naija commentators making matches boring since "1960"
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:46am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

Yea totally. They played beyond my expectations especially in the 2nd half...Moses threw away a golden opportunity to double our lead but my annoyance is mr. clown who was commenting rubbish

Similar to what Aiyegbeni did

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:53am On Mar 26, 2016
nicolosam:

"Commentating"
is the right word in this context! Thank you.

Very true cos "commenting" can be on any issue or thing while "commentating" is associated with football.

Nigerians correcting another even when one is right and they ... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by hope4nigeria(m): 6:55am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

Op u make me happy this morning when I saw this post! That comentator was a moooorooon, OMG, I was very angry, infact he was the curse of nigerian predicament. You forgot where he said "egyptian seen today, you see them no more" at that point, I nearly broke my TV, Thank God I didn't brake it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

sorry brother, it's the same naija inspired issue we are talking about
Your signature is inspiring!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by saintdennis(m): 7:02am On Mar 26, 2016
ViVaMadrid:

Sorry Mr english...the proper word the dude should have used is ' commentary'.
So you see nobody perfect 4 grammar, it's childish tryna correct someone on NL.

Obviously the commentator was whack, so he deserved a good diss.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by AMINDA: 7:04am On Mar 26, 2016
ViVaMadrid:

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by caphone: 7:06am On Mar 26, 2016
Lmao may be he took a blunt before the match.....iit was soo [b]high[/b]takiing. I really didn't notiice that atol. Jez dey yyeye masef deyy watch blaqstomach
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Harjet(m): 7:13am On Mar 26, 2016
I think u guys missed the part wen the commentator screamed Yeeeeeeee when Iheanacho took a shot towards the end of the 1st half
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

After giving the three minute extra time.... The commentator was like

"if u ask me three minute is a long time in football but a very long time in basketball "........... Abeg wetin bring basketball for soccer now

The match dey annoying but na d commentating dey more annoying

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus:

I don't listen to Nigerian commentators. As a matter of fact, I prefer foreign commentators for even Nigerian matches.

The way those guys (foreign commentators) draw facts and parallels with ease are amazing. Makes football watching interesting.
Ikr. The likes of Ian Darke, Martin Tyler, Alan Parry, Derek Rae, Daniel Mann, Arlo White, Peter Drury and Ray Hudson make the games so much more interesting
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by spencekat(m): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2016
They need to be properly trained.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Myde4naija(m): 7:22am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

yet they ask why we run away from our local league
and its very stupid and caward to run away from your problem, no one will solve it for you anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

mhmmm. To tell you the truth, i start watching the t.v an hour before kick off in epl matches cos i gain alot from the commentators' wealth of knowledge... gosh! those guys are amazing, they could tell a clubs entire history, they could mention every member of both teams...why can't we have that in Nigeria?

Even if Nigeria is in the one playing (eg World cup, Olympics, and age grade competitions that are global), the way those foreign competitor demonstrate knowledge of Nigerian football, you will be proud. But our own commentators, nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

ya that's true...he was like "it will be on record that today the 25th of March Alex Iwobi is making his first debut for Nigeria in a competitive match"

princemi:

ya that's true...he was like "it will be on record that today the 25th of March Alex Iwobi is making his first debut for Nigeria in a competitive match"

princemi:

'First debut'? Is nt that a tautotology?
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by anaton(m): 7:32am On Mar 26, 2016
ViVaMadrid:

Guy! free dictionary dey play store o.Its commentating. And oh you're welcome
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Mosb(m): 7:33am On Mar 26, 2016
My Country. My Country
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by donem: 7:35am On Mar 26, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
e be like say u like ps2 sha.
U be prophet I swear cheesy, after buying feul for 250 per liter in preparation for the game, switched to AIT, very boring game, very small pitch,

to make matters worse very childish commentary, had to switch over to pes things, the game wasn't worth it.

Funny enough when I was asked the scoreline, I bluntly responded 1-0 in favor of Nigeria, cos when I last checked Naija where leading.

Never knew the chickens didn't see off the game.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by HRich(m): 7:35am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

Na Change Commentator

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by jamalnation(m): 7:37am On Mar 26, 2016
Lol.. Na wa 4 9ja commentators.. The guy just dey shout who will be the watercarrier
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by HRich(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2016
ogawisdom:

U missed d worst part i e "iwobi is making his first debut for super eagles" when he said this I made him d man of d match grin grin grin
And yet he would see nothing wrong in his doings.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Wize1: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2016
One of the commentators on SS3 must have been Victor Ikpeba. Dont know how that guy still has a job on TV. Speaks terrible english, pronounces words lousily, without tact or reasoning. You have to hear him pronounce 'Chelsea'..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Turkish Club, Gulspor Sells 18 Players To Buy 10 Goats (Photos) / Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide / World Cup 2018: Messi And Argentine Team-mates Lands In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.