Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society (3476 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free / Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by bawomolo(m): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2009
so prayers would provide a crime free society?
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by theviper1: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2009
common folks!, what were u expecting the dude to say,that he will drive all armed robbers into the sea by 2010,that all kidnappers will be whisked away to some jail,that his boys will stop "collecting"? he said what u expect such a man to say at that point in time. whether he promised or assured,what we really want him to do is start with his boys first. not to take contracts and store bags of cash in his office. but the nigerian police work is even made harder by the govt who doesnt pay them good salaries and grant them credit facilities to build their own houses,pay their wards schools fees and have atleast a lil japanese ride like their counterparts in many parts of the world. and plz Yar`sick,change the boys uniform to something good and let them have spares. (bt the spares should not be for renting to armed robbers oooo grin grin
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by achinu(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2009
yawn!!!!!!!! Let his actions speak, we've all heard this before, please spare us the ca-ca,
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by sley4life(m): 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2009
lets see if u can keep to ur words
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by jaho: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2009
Although, I don't know the newly appointed Acting Inspector General of Police, Ogbonna Okechukwu Onovo, but something interest in this man. For those who have forgotten, this is the second time Onovo is acting as Inspector General of Police (having acted for one day when Sunday Ehindero left office until Mike Okiro was appointed Inspector General).

So, what is it that interests me? From all indication, he must me a patience, focussed and highly tolerant personality. Otherwise, he would have left the Police force due to arrogance when he almost got the mantle of leadership but missed it by the whisker only for the mantle to be giving to an officer whom it is rumoured Onovo is senior to (I stand to be corrceted here).

With that singular dislpay of sportmanship and tolerance Onovo deserves the respect and co-operation of not just the Police Force but that of Nigerians as well. I am sure he will succeed. In order for Onovo to succeed (not in the contest of amassing wealth as seen in the case of Sunday Ehindero) he should lay his hands on the speech delivered by Barrack Obama in Ghana. It can serve as a blue print.

Just few quotes from the speech:

"No country is going to create wealth is its leaders exploit the economy to enrich themselves"

"No business(man) wants to invest in a place where the government skims 20% off the top or the head of the Port Authority is corrupt"

"No person wants to live in a society where the rule of law gives way to rule of brutality and bribery"

"Governments that respect the will of the people, that govern by consent and not by coercion, are more prosperous, more stable and more
successful than governments that do not"

I wish Mr. Ognonna Okechukwu Onovo the best in his acting capacity and his eventual confirmation. Younger Nigerians have a lot to learn from your personality.

smiley cool visit: www.internetbusinessdon..com
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by drharry: 9:50am On Jul 26, 2009
Initial GRA GRA, Very soon someone will open a can of worms. Onovo! Watch your back.
All the same wish you luck in your crusade.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by chuckvyl(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2009
@Poster
Onovo is not the acting IG he is the Inspector General dude.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by GeorgeD1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2009
talk is cheap! for crying out loud, what else did we expect him to say? did tafa balogun or mike okiro
not mouth the same words at inception? what would have been our reaction if balogun at inception
had come out publicly to say, "i will steal billions of naira. i will promote corruption more than my
predecessor"? would he have lasted more than a day on that seat? so, they know the right words to
say to fool the gullible while later on their actions just goes to prove the very opposite!
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by stmanpule(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2009
is Onovo in acting capacity or he's fully incharge ?
the man should adress the issue of bribery in force and killing of innocent citizens by his men.
http://playstationbase..com
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by MUZBO(m): 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2009
walakolobo:

The IG has promised more armed robbery in the country, more crimes, more rapes, more 419, more yahoo, yahoo, in fact, he has promised more police brutality.

Does the above statement sound better than the one made by Mr Onovo? you fools.
Sharrapp dia! You are probably from Onovo's village. Let nobody tell us what they'll do let them just shut up and do it! Talk is cheap!
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by TS2(m): 5:17pm On Jul 26, 2009
dint thet all say that? abeg jo, give the jobless and hopeless something to do first
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by fortnnewi: 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2009
na today we begin hear say nyash dey back,make e go sleep cos na the same uniform all of them dey wear,
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by TS2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2009
abi. this is a usual thing in this country. i pray for the future of this country
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by Eaglebabe: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2009
What a wonderful nursery rhyme.Any way is a fine man,i don't mind him.May be l will get my own share of the national cake this time around.Brothers in the house help get their.I will not forget u people.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by otukpo(f): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2009
Crime free society? He can only wish for that, but cant get it even if he lays his life for that. His personal effort cant, the society, govt and the system will not allow him.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by MrCrackles(m): 9:24am On Jul 27, 2009
What an idiot. . . .All the past IG's said the same
Doesnt he think we are tired of hearing the same ol shit. . . . .
Crime free society in Nigeria is not beans. . . Not anywhere in the world! undecided
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by GeorgeD1(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2009
the guy is living in a fool's paradise grin
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by Nezan(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2009
Hope Onovo is not consumed by a scandal on his way out. He should shine his eyes very well.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by Adeomoayo(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2009
"How can I say what I think till I see what I say"-E.M. Forster. I wish Onovo could tell the masses new things for we've tired of hearing same things over and over again. For him to promise to continue the good works of his predecessors alone makes him a failure even before his confirmation. Let's pray for a man like Fasola as a president, this nation will start crawling and before we know what's going on the nation will start walking. Let's continue praying someday God'll deliver us from the hands of these tyrants that parade themselves as leaders.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by Scholosco: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2009
Of course! Free to the extent that the IG or their spouse ends up being stinkingly rich e.g Tafa, Sunday ,
I already know the outcome of this, i think he should rearrange the wordings to "Free Crime Society". I am yet to trust the Nigerian Police, it reminds me of the kind of police you see in Indian films ,  you know the story.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by GeorgeD1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2009
yeah, right. he wants to continue the 'good works' of his predecessor grin
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by Ak47storm(f): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
Hmmn, I guess he sud start by changin their uniforms 4rm black 2sth less evil-lookin, I av no confidence in d Nigerian police as my heart skips a beat wen i get stopped by dem on d road, They cud be robbers or kidnappers.smiley i wish him wel tho lets hope he is d 'messiah' of d police force.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by GeorgeD1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2009
partiality in the police (force). officers in blue, 'other ranks' in devil black! grin
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2009
Another noise maker.
i will love to see a crime nigeria under the regime of a man that has no vission
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by CGKing(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2009
Yeah right? Was what ur predecessor said before manifested some bullshit.
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by sley4life(m): 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2009
I wish onovo the best of luck
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by GeorgeD1(m): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2009
i can read more from what this man in not saying than from the usual
blabbles he is mouthing grin
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by jugo500(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2009
hey,guys lets stop talking like a kid let's pray for this GUY/MAN and the new  IG and maybe he may do good in his administration[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by Nezan(m): 11:10am On Jul 29, 2009
jugo500:

hey,guys lets stop talking like a kid let's pray for this GUY/MAN and the new IG and maybe he may do good in his administration[color=#000099][/color]
Lets hope so
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by GeorgeD1(m): 11:27am On Jul 29, 2009
and who is talking like a kid? better watch how you address people!
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by drn0(m): 12:21am On Jul 30, 2009
CRIME FREE SOCIETY? 4 WHERE? 9JA MY COUNTRY? HMMM. I DEY WAIT O, DIX OFFICER WHEY B LIKE SAY NA CHOP HE DEY CHOP SINCE HE JOIN NPF!!!
Re: Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society by GeorgeD1(m): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2009
actions speaks louder than words-as the cliche goes. so lets see what his
first steps will be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate / Jonathan’s Government Exposed:real Cost Of Fuel (without Subsidy) In Nigeria / PDP Moves Against Soludo Ahead Of November 16 Governorship Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.