Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263472 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
@dfash: The best way to tackle video streaming when using slow internet connection is by combining internet download manager and mozilla. All streamed videos are actually flash content and idman automatically installs a plugin for it. When the page of your video loads, you will see a green bar saying download video. It can speed up download speed up to three times and you are assured that it will resume even amongst the unstable connection

@abdul: Did you remove your ide cables. That's the most likely thing that happened. It is also possible that your ram is bad. If your speaker is working you should be hearing a beep if the problem is from your ram. If it's your ide cable you changed, change the hard disk to auto set. In most drives this is done by inserting the jumper that you will see on the outlet in any of the pins in the middle. Do the same thing for the cd drive. This will make the pc automatically assign the master and the slave according to the device preferences. If it's your ram. Try and make sure it is fixed well. Unplug it, clean the port with hot air and plug it back again.

@Juni4Jay: You just want to make your game fast. Is your pc up to it? This may help. Run the game, press win key to leave the game and bring up your desktop. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up task manager. You will see the Program on the application list. Right click it and click 'go to process', then right click the process and select 'Set priority'. Change the priority to high. Note that if your system is slow, this may hang it. If you don't have enough ram, this may help: Go to your system services, stop all the network related services and the print spooler. Turning off your antivirus can also help largely. Your system will have a lot more ram to itself. You can also use a special defragmenter like wincontig or defraggler to defrag your game folder. These are just speed up tips. A software will do it better
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
@dfash: The best way to tackle video streaming when using slow internet connection is by combining internet download manager and mozilla. All streamed videos are actually flash content and idman automatically installs a plugin for it. When the page of your video loads, you will see a green bar saying download video. It can speed up download speed up to three times and you are assured that it will resume even amongst the unstable connection

@abdul: Did you remove your ide cables. That's the most likely thing that happened. It is also possible that your ram is bad. If your speaker is working you should be hearing a beep if the problem is from your ram. If it's your ide cable you changed, change the hard disk to auto set. In most drives this is done by inserting the jumper that you will see on the outlet in any of the pins in the middle. Do the same thing for the cd drive. This will make the pc automatically assign the master and the slave according to the device preferences. If it's your ram. Try and make sure it is fixed well. Unplug it, clean the port with hot air and plug it back again.

@Juni4Jay: You just want to make your game fast. Is your pc up to it? This may help. Run the game, press win key to leave the game and bring up your desktop. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up task manager. You will see the Program on the application list. Right click it and click 'go to process', then right click the process and select 'Set priority'. Change the priority to high. Note that if your system is slow, this may hang it. If you don't have enough ram, this may help: Go to your system services, stop all the network related services and the print spooler. Turning off your antivirus can also help largely. Your system will have a lot more ram to itself. You can also use a special defragmenter like wincontig or defraggler to defrag your game folder. These are just speed up tips. A software will do it better
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CHARLOE(m): 11:06pm On Aug 28, 2009
hi sky,
         tanx 4 dis offer. for sometime now i've not been able to access my external WD hard-drive. WHEN I CONNECT IT TO MY LAPTOP THE GREEN ICON APPEARS BUT CAN'T FIND IT IN MY COMPUTER. TANX FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED REPLY.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2009
The bot is attacking me again , angry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ABDULJELIL1(m): 5:34am On Aug 29, 2009
It's p3 dell desktop computer,i was b4 they took off electricity.When they restore the electricity,i tried putting it on but i can only hear hdd working,it doesn't display anything,it doesn't boot not even detecting any hard ware pluged on it.Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2009
@CHAROLE: It may be that your usb cord is bad. It can also be that your hard disk is damaged, though if that it is the case, it may appear empty instead of not appearing at all. Sometimes if windows thinks that your hard disk is spoilt, it will not appear in your computer. You can confirm whether the computer is seeing it by using the disk management tool. You can also start the tool by running 'diskmgmt.msc' Check if you can open it from there. If you can, then your drive is developing hardware faults and the only thing you can do is to handle it with more care. Make sure it does not undergo any shock. Don't put it in your pocket or places were it could be accidentally pressurised by something.

@ABDUL: Your ram could have had excess charges. Has is started working or is it still not working? If it's still not booting, then it may have undergone a circuit short which will cause it to stop working with certain cpu frequencies. Try holding pg down(or page up: depends on your motherboard bios). Or if you can reset the cmos jumper do so. If not just hold down pg down when putting it on. This should return the cpu clock to the normal factory frequency. After putting it on, go to the bios settings and just leave it on for some time to see if it will go off. If it doesn't go off, leave it and just restart it normally. If it goes off, find a place where 'cpu frequency' is written in the bios settings, then reduce it.

@Junijay: What's your system's specifications.

@Blackweaver: It's very nice to hear from you again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:39am On Aug 29, 2009
@CHAROLE: It may be that your usb cord is bad. It can also be that your hard disk is damaged, though if that it is the case, it may appear empty instead of not appearing at all. Sometimes if windows thinks that your hard disk is spoilt, it will not appear in your computer. You can confirm whether the computer is seeing it by using the disk management tool. You can also start the tool by running 'diskmgmt.msc' Check if you can open it from there. If you can, then your drive is developing hardware faults and the only thing you can do is to handle it with more care. Make sure it does not undergo any shock. Don't put it in your pocket or places were it could be accidentally pressurised by something.

@ABDUL: Your ram could have had excess charges. Has is started working or is it still not working? If it's still not booting, then it may have undergone a circuit short which will cause it to stop working with certain cpu frequencies. Try holding pg down(or page up: depends on your motherboard bios). Or if you can reset the cmos jumper do so. If not just hold down pg down when putting it on. This should return the cpu clock to the normal factory frequency. After putting it on, go to the bios settings and just leave it on for some time to see if it will go off. If it doesn't go off, leave it and just restart it normally. If it goes off, find a place where 'cpu frequency' is written in the bios settings, then reduce it.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:41am On Aug 29, 2009
Dfash: Thes best way to solve your problem is to combine internet download manager and firefox. Then you can download flash videos instead of playing them in your browser. It's much faster and consistent.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2009
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:43am On Aug 29, 2009
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:43am On Aug 29, 2009

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2009
The administrator should do something!!!! Please! sad sad sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:30am On Aug 29, 2009
@ABDUL JELIL, Thanks for the last time at least I now have a better understand on what the problem is. cheers mate

Ok, here's what to try disconnect all pheripherals from back of pc e.g. power lead, monitor, kb, mouse, speakers and others

ATX RESET: hold your finger down on your PC power button as this will release any static build up

connect everything back again, make sure monitor is plugged in properly immediately dont wait for anything

repeatedly keep pressing f8 until you see advance option press enter on start windows normally and then you should see the micrsoft logo preparing to boot into windows (since you had a power cut, please check all the usb port to make no damages) if still no joy then check to make sure your monitor is actually working or get swap tested just to be certain
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3spade3(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2009
My computer was off but now it's on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:36am On Aug 29, 2009
make sure you disconnect all pheripherals I know you be asking question like well, the power cable aint connected, so how

is it suppose to switch on. I know is weired but just follow the instruction  after you"ve disconnected everything hold down

you PC power button for about 30 seconds to release static electricity build up. let keep our fingers cross and hope it work . 80% of the time though it does. good luck brother
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2009
@3spade3 good morning brother, how can we help ?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:42am On Aug 29, 2009
@CHARLOE what make is your laptop vista or xp. I"ll take it your external HD is using USB connection. well, if that is the

case then can the USB port detect any other usb device e.g. ipod, usb stick. knowing this will enable us to tell if the external

hard drive is the problem or the laptop USB software might need reinstalling/updating. we ned to know this before we can think on what to do. all the best
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3spade3(m): 11:42am On Aug 29, 2009
deji2009:

@3spade3 good morning brother, how can we help ?

I was joking around lol. Just some morning humor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2009
Ok brother, have a nice day ahead.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2009
@external I forgot to mention, what make is your external hard drive e.g. Maxtor or Seagate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3spade3(m): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2009
deji2009:

Ok brother, have a nice day ahead.

You too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:53am On Aug 29, 2009
wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:55am On Aug 29, 2009
@CHARLOE was just doing some research for you and found this out. source: microsoft website this a known issue

EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT DETECTED IN MY COMPUTER

Resolution - To resolve this behavior, specify a different drive letter for the Removable Device:

1. Click Start on the taskbar, then right-click My Computer on the desktop or from the Start menu, and then click Manage.
2. Under Computer Management, click Disk Management.
3. In the list of drives in the right pane, right-click the Removable Device and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
4. Click Change, and in the drop-down box, specify a drive letter for the Removable Device, choosing one that is not assigned to the mapped network drives.
5. Click OK, and then click OK again.

This change automatically updates Windows Explorer, which now shows both the mapped network drives and the recently installed Removable Device. Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chiebuka(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2009
Sorry i loged out without waiting for reply, the monitor is on with the normal power light. My engeneer told me is the ram, could that be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chiebuka(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2009
Fellow Nigerian, i tried conecting my pc 2 internet with my nokiaN70 & its usb, after the conection, i clicked conect 2 internet icon, a dialog box opened 4the manual/authomatic configuration, on the manual configuratn after all the necessery input, the last box which is the for initializing code, i typed this (+CGDCONT=web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net) it wrote that this code might not be correct but i ignor it and click ok after hiting the ok buton, it pop that can't conect 2 the net with my modem. Pls help in this forum or boy_gpikechi@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2009
sorry, i dont have a clue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2009
Guys, this bluescreen has turned itself into something else, i formatted my pc and and installed Avg 9. . D following day, i did a full scan and was prompted to restart pc, after restarting, and sys booted to desktop, d bluescrren just appeared. . Since then its same thing. . Is it hdd or what could be the probs now. . Getting tired of desktops sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2009
@chiebuka, goto phone section, i did a full xplanation of that, or u can buzz me on y!m i will xplain it to you. . Am mobile now and my phones ba3 is kinda faulty. .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2009
@pcbusayo do you have an idea on how to connect a desktop to the internet with phone using a bluetooth?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2009
@stancozy, BSOD screen is similar to below. it wont just display blue screen it will tell you what the erros is. just take a look at the one below. we need to be specific

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2009
I have LG LCD WIDE TV THAT WAS TOOK OUT AS INSTALLMENT. NOW THAT THE INSTALLMENT HAS ENDED I WANT TO SELL IT IN NIGERIA. HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR IT. NO SCRATCH AND HAVE NEVER MOVE IT FOR THE PAST 9 MONTHS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.