Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267905 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexcarz(m): 12:12am On Aug 27, 2009
deji2009:

just bear with me please
Please I'm still waiting for your response. sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:23am On Aug 27, 2009
@adexcarz could be a hardware or software related. can you please check no damages to the usb ports

Does it turn off itself when plug to mains or when running on battery

How long does it stay on for before it's switch off ?

did you get any error message ?

Ok, here what to try take the battery and charger out + any pheripherals

ATX RESET: hold your finger down on the power button as this would release any static build up

connect just the charger into the mains(make sure is running through the mains electric) immediately dont wait for anything repeatedly keep pressing delete key on your

keyboard if that doesnt work try f2 you come to a blue bios screen

leave this laptop till next morning whilst still plug to electricity remeber no battery

wake up if switch next morning remeber the laptop need to be plug to the electric for us to confirm is hardware fault

if swith off then 100% is hardware problem if doesnt shutdown whilst on the blue screen then it would be a software probem

if you"re pressing delete or f2 and keep switching off then you need take for repair
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 12:27am On Aug 27, 2009
@adexcarz: I think you should immediately change your fan. Overheating is a typical sign that it is not good. You can also lose it and check if it's blocked by an object so you wouldn't need to buy a new one. Your processor has a safety measure which makes it to automatically when overheated turn off to prevent it from getting burnt.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexcarz(m): 12:29am On Aug 27, 2009
deji2009:

@adexcarz could be a hardware or software related. can you please check no damages to the usb ports

Does it turn off itself when plug to mains or when running on battery

How long does it stay on for before it's switch off ?

did you get any error message ?

Ok, here what to try take the battery and charger out + any pheripherals

ATX RESET: hold your finger down on the power button as this would release any static build up

connect just the charger into the mains(make sure is running through the mains electric) immediately dont wait for anything repeatedly keep pressing delete key on your

keyboard if that doesnt work try f2 you come to a blue bios screen

leave this laptop till next morning whilst still plug to electricity remeber no battery

wake up if switch next morning remeber the laptop need to be plug to the electric for us to confirm is hardware fault

if swith off then 100% is hardware problem if doesnt shutdown whilst on the blue screen then it would be a software probem

if you"re pressing delete or f2 and keep switching off then you need take for repair

Thanks for your response. I'll do that right away.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:32am On Aug 27, 2009
@skydancer that right. The user need to test it in the bios setup utilty if it shutdown there then definitely is mechanic

fault. not sure if the user is using his laptop on the lap or the table as lots of ventilation is needed, on some bios screen

you can check the cpu fan temperature @ poster like I said if the laptop shutdown whilst plug to mains on that blue screen then that confirm is hw fault
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexcarz(m): 12:35am On Aug 27, 2009
@Deji2009,
adexcarz could be a hardware or software related. can you please check no damages to the usb ports : Yeah i just discovered one of the usb ports is damaged.

Does it turn off itself when plug to mains or when running on battery : BOTH

How long does it stay on for before it's switch off ? Approximately 2-5 mins

did you get any error message ? NO error messages.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:40am On Aug 27, 2009
@adexcarz Quote: Yeah i just discovered one of the usb ports is damaged. Then that the problem, I would also suggest you mention overheating to the engineer so he or she would check the cpu fan. Ok, good night
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexcarz(m): 12:43am On Aug 27, 2009
Thanks though it had been damaged along time ago because I remember trying to use the port sometimes and it didn't connect to the device and i didn't bother to check till now, Well I'll mention that to the Engineer. Thanks a lot skydancer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:45am On Aug 27, 2009
@oyb is it possible if we can have this thread at the top of the page. so that individual can post to one section rather than having too many messages scatter everywhere. what do you think guys ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:47am On Aug 27, 2009
because the usb ports is connected to the main board, if damage it would cause it to switch off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexcarz(m): 12:50am On Aug 27, 2009
I removed the battery and connected it to mains and there's no problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:59am On Aug 27, 2009
leave it till next morning if it shutdown on the blue screen then is faulty if doesnt shutdown then you need to repair the usb port should be fine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2009
@ deji2009 the computer product is GIGABYTE With S-series motherboards to harddisk with 20Gigs each
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dfash(m): 10:23am On Aug 27, 2009
WENEVER I WANT 2 WATCH ANY VIDEO ON MY LAPTOP ON THE INTERNET IT HARDLY PLAYS AND WEN IT DOES IT SCRATCHES LIKE A SPOILT CD PLATE.
COULD THIS BE 'COS AM USING STARCOMMS IBOOST OR WOT? PLS HELP ME I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM U.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunde300us(m): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2009
Wat u want to achieve is to stream video via the internet not from ur DVD player,in Nigeria u mite not get something reasonable cos the bandwidth u need to stream good quality video is in the range of 512kbps and dat u mite not get from any of the ISP we have in nija except maybe at nite when the network is less congested.
But i think u shld be able to stream audio,but not video ma guy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2009
xp or vista ? tongue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
@nearest just reformat the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Dfash does it also happen when you play cd or dvd ? xp or vista make and models please? knowing this will enable to determine if it is internet explore issue or the sound drives in

device manager. secondly upgrade your graphics and sound drivers in device manager and lets hope the ones you are using are up to date . thirdly

make sure you are running the latest DirectX which is DirectX 9c for xp and 10 for vista this how to check press windows logo+R type in the box

DXDIAG then press enter and look for Direct x version if you have older version then obtain a new one from www.microsoft.com.

example, if you go to YouTube and play a YouTube video, do you get sound distortion? just try playing youtube video and see if you have the same problem then try other web browsers like firefox, internet explore 8 or opera, good luck

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2009
just tried this on my internet and it work. ALT+left arrow make the page go back and right arrow to forward. just make things more easier
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Dfash i assume that normally your laptop/pc plays movies without any problem
when playing from a cd and you problem is only when you're streaming from the internet.

well normally when i decide to watch a video from say youtube i also get that kind of problem
(and like you i use starcomms) so this is what i do: most sites that stream video have a marker
showing not only your position on the video but also the amount of the video that has been
streamed to your pc (for instance in youtube shows a pink bar for the amount that has been
streamed/buffered to your pc and a red bar for your location).
once you start playing it starts buffering and will continue even if you pause - which is
what i do and only resume whenit has gone a long way so that i don't see those annoying pauses.
which is why usually once you've finished playing it to the end once the next time you try to play
it does without a hitch. (if you know where you can even locate the file and copy it to another
folder to play at your leisure provided you have a flash video player)

P.S. there are some sites where you will "ALWAYS" start over again, sort of like live streaming.
In such sites the methosd i've just mentioned won't work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megapro(m): 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2009
Pls, I have a problem with one of my systems.

when trying to run AutoCAD there is a is unsuccessful with a popout that reads: acutil15.dll not found
with ArchiCAD its libpartfile.dll not found
corel draw: 'configdir' missing.

where can I find these dlls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?acutil15

make sure you scroll down and click where it says click here to download
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 9:22am On Aug 28, 2009
@deji2009 what do i need and how do i proceed to start formating the system? there are two drives, C and D which is empty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ABDULJELIL1(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2009
Pls i'm having problem my pc.Once i put it on,i'll be hearing d hard drive working but d system not booting cos its not detecting or displace any components of d system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Juni4jay(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2009
Plz, i installed fifa09 on my laptop but it is very slow. How can i make it fast
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
@nearest since the D drive is emptied it means you not able to recover the machnine back to dafault, however you can get hold of the recovery disk from the manufacturer as this will reinstall your O/S back to scratch or you can take it to your a pc engineer. alright, x
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Juni4jay will make things more easier if you can tell us make xp or vista. hope you still have the game as you would need it after following the following diagnostics

1.uninstall the game.
2.delete all fifa 09 related folders (program files & my documents)
3.re install fifa 09 (completely clean install to make sure its default)
4.then install a gameplay you like
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chiebuka(m): 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
My pc is on but it doesn't display
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chiebuka(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
My pc is on but it doesn't display what do i do (P C busayo)?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
@chiebuka ATX RESET: Ok, here what to try disconnect the monitor, keybaord, mouse + any pheripherals

ATX RESET: hold your finger down on your pc power button as this will release any static build up

connect just the monitor, kb, mouse, power lead (make sure is running through the mains electric) immediately dont wait for anything repeatedly keep pressing f8 on the keyboard until you come to advance option select start windows normally
and then you should see the microsoft logo. is there any light on your monitor ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ABDUL JELIL can you break down what you mean please ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
@chiebuka ATX RESET: Ok, here what to try disconnect the monitor, keybaord, mouse + any pheripherals

ATX RESET: hold your finger down on your pc power button as this will release any static build up

connect just the monitor, kb, mouse, power lead (make sure is running through the mains electric) immediately dont wait for anything repeatedly keep pressing f8 on the keyboard until you come to advance option select start windows normally
and then you should see the microsoft logo. is there any light on your monitor ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.