Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269104 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by andresia(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2019
etech:
You did not run as an administrator, right click on CMD then run as administrator

Did that now, bro. Issue persists, still unable to install or launch applications

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2019
First, the battery is not original neither is it fake it’s just a normal replaceable battery. Back to issue, you have tried up to five batteries and nothing seems to change, I think the problem is not battery but an issue with the motherboard. The technician should focus on rectifying the issue from board
Makschinchin:
Please o, what do you mean by AMD processor??

The thing is this..

My laptop was working very fine before it turned off one day due to power surge/current. At that point, the battery on my system began to read not detected and if I plug in to light without battery it works fine.

I taught it was only a battery error , so I tried getting a new battery.. But then I noticed the system couldn't charge up all the batteries I tried. The seller told me to see a technician to work on the board, probably a faulty charging IC.

I took it for repairs and the technician told me I'll get a new battery first so that he can use it to work on it. He charged me for an original battery and brought one which he used to work on the system.. After the job was done, I tested it, the system was charging up the battery and I felt okay..

But when I got back home, i charged the battery to full capacity. I tried the system without plugging to light, just using the battery, only for it to suddenly shut down after about 30mins.. I turned it on again only for it to shut down suddenly again within 20mins without any warning..

I talked to the technician about it and he told me to bring it back for him to check.. I went back to him, he observed it, applied thermal paste turned it back on but noticed the system still shuts down abruptly after some minutes. He took out the battery and went ahead to change it.. The first one he brought also shut down after some minutes. The second one he brought didn't work on the system.

So he brought a third one. I tried using it there and it worked for about 45 minutes before turning off (while i still had about 50℅ battery life left). Tried turning it on at his office but it wouldn't come up, so we plugged it into light to charge (he said it was a new battery and needed to charge to full before usage). Since time was far spent and Lagos traffic is unbearable, I decided to take it home to complete the charging.

I took it home, completed the charging, plugged it out of light and used it again only for it to still shut down after about 30mins.. I immediately turned it on again and it went off after 10 mins. I turned it on again and it shut down after 20-30 mins..

Please gurus in the house help me out, could it be from the system or the battery itself?? I have attached a picture of the battery (5200mAh) he sold to me at original price. Please help me check if its an original replacement battery because he charged me for an original battery price more than the regular market price.. Could the fault be from the system or the battery??

Sorry for the long epistle, I just had to bare it all to seek advice from you guys.. Thanks for your anticipated responses

Cc: Udemzyudex, Computerboy, horllarmy, Razak5, kunleforreal, polimaf and other gurus, your candid advice is needed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2019
Did you re format the system?
andresia:

Did that now, bro. Issue persists, still unable to install or launch applications

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Makschinchin: 8:40am On Jun 19, 2019
polimaf:
First, the battery is not original neither is it fake it’s just a normal replaceable battery. Back to issue, you have tried up to five batteries and nothing seems to change, I think the problem is not battery but an issue with the motherboard. The technician should focus on rectifying the issue from board

Okay, thank you for your response. But the thing is this, it works very fine when plugged in without the battery.. I only have this issue when I don't plug it to light but use it on battery. The technician charged me a higher price for this battery against the regular market price. I know it's a replacement battery, but there are good and bad replacement batteries in the market.. Wanted to know if the one he sold to me is any good since he charged me a higher price for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2019
The scan shows you have issue with the windows-component based servicing logs (CBS) and the scan could not fix it you can do this manually.

1. To go services stop windows update service.
2. Make sure you login as administrator then go to location C:\windows\logs\CBS\CBS.logs
3. then delete the CBS logs you have there
4. start windows update service
5. restart your system

andresia:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by humblesteve(m): 9:32am On Jun 19, 2019
What’s the cost of MacBook Pro Hard drives ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 9:36am On Jun 19, 2019
Makschinchin:

The thing is this..

My laptop was working very fine before it turned off one day due to power surge/current. At that point, the battery on my system began to read not detected and if I plug in to light without battery it works fine.

I taught it was only a battery error , so I tried getting a new battery.. But then I noticed the system couldn't charge up all the batteries I tried. The seller told me to see a technician to work on the board, probably a faulty charging IC.

I took it for repairs and the technician told me I'll get a new battery first so that he can use it to work on it. He charged me for an original battery and brought one which he used to work on the system.. After the job was done, I tested it, the system was charging up the battery and I felt okay..

But when I got back home, i charged the battery to full capacity. I tried the system without plugging to light, just using the battery, only for it to suddenly shut down after about 30mins.. I turned it on again only for it to shut down suddenly again within 20mins without any warning..

I talked to the technician about it and he told me to bring it back for him to check.. I went back to him, he observed it, applied thermal paste turned it back on but noticed the system still shuts down abruptly after some minutes. He took out the battery and went ahead to change it.. The first one he brought also shut down after some minutes. The second one he brought didn't work on the system.

So he brought a third one. I tried using it there and it worked for about 45 minutes before turning off (while i still had about 50℅ battery life left). Tried turning it on at his office but it wouldn't come up, so we plugged it into light to charge (he said it was a new battery and needed to charge to full before usage). Since time was far spent and Lagos traffic is unbearable, I decided to take it home to complete the charging.

I took it home, completed the charging, plugged it out of light and used it again only for it to still shut down after about 30mins.. I immediately turned it on again and it went off after 10 mins. I turned it on again and it shut down after 20-30 mins..

Please gurus in the house help me out, could it be from the system or the battery itself?? I have attached a picture of the battery (5200mAh) he sold to me at original price. Please help me check if its an original replacement battery because he charged me for an original battery price more than the regular market price.. Could the fault be from the system or the battery??

Sorry for the long epistle, I just had to bare it all to seek advice from you guys.. Thanks for your anticipated responses

Cc: Udemzy.udex, Compute.rboy, horllar.my, Raza.k5, kunlef.orreal, po.limaf and other gurus, your candid advice is needed

Since it now detects and charges battery but only shut down when using on battery alone, go and get original battery first and test with it. Only then can we conclude its motherboard issue. Motherboard is always the last thing you want to work on....

As for your pic, that's not an original (OEM) battery but an aftermarket replacement battery. The one we call China battery and worst case, it's not even brand new. Brand new of replacement batteries last 2hrs or less then imagine the used one. Well... to be fair, OEM batteries are scarce to get unless you're lucky to get from a repairer if not you'll order it yourself from USA.

My point is, battery is still the suspect till you use OEM that has been tested to work on another laptop and it shut down in yours
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 9:41am On Jun 19, 2019
Hmmm from what you have said this only happens when the battery is in use but when it's plugged to power with no battery it works fine right?

Did the technician check for any overheating issue?

you have also replaced the battery with a follow come right?

please do a quick check on the windows event viewer and see if there are error code paste code here please. This might be a power management issue

Makschinchin:

The thing is this..

Cc: Udemzyudex, Computerboy, horllarmy, Razak5, kunleforreal, polimaf and other gurus, your candid advice is needed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2019
It’s the same replacement battery.

When the system shuts down, does the battery capacity reduces? I mean if it shuts down at 50% and when switched back on, does it go down to 20% or something lower
Makschinchin:

Okay, thank you for your response. But the thing is this, it works very fine when plugged in without the battery.. I only have this issue when I don't plug it to light but use it on battery. The technician charged me a higher price for this battery against the regular market price. I know it's a replacement battery, but there are good and bad replacement batteries in the market.. Wanted to know if the one he sold to me is any good since he charged me a higher price for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:50am On Jun 19, 2019
Your laptop is having charging issues.

If you notice that such doesn't happen when you use only charger but happens only when you use battery.
The battery is not the issue but motherboard charging section.
Let me explain, when you charge laptop the battery communicate with your sio chip aka controller using data, clock and temperature (from your charging ic to the sio chip) to determine if the battery is full or not, if it is fully charged it will tell the sio to cut off charging and if it is not, your battery will continue to charge.

If this Data, clock and temperature is faulty ( sometimes motherboard uses BJT to connect it from the charging ic to the sio chip, those BJT do get faulty.)
This fault will come, giving you false charge.

It will show you 60% but your battery charge is let say 15% and will off.

See a laptop technician, charging issues is one of the most difficult case in laptop repair.
Only experience engineers can handle it and you need important tools like DSO(oscilloscope) to read clock and data signals.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2019
Also go to device manager, under battery, uninstall the battery complaint driver and restart your laptop.

If problem persist after this, see a laptop technician and explain what I wrote up there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debbie2000(f): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2019
?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2019
Bring it to ikotun, we will confirm if it’s hard disk failure or just Re formatting the system
Debbie2000:
who can help with hp620 displaying "non system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key " around Ile epo iyanapaja?

How much will it cost me to repair?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
HP Zbook 15 intel core i7 for the sum of N150,000 up for grabs. If you are a gaming geek, this is for you �.

If you just want to use it for graphics, go for this.

Delivery is free within Lagos and it's pay on delivery.

Specifications

- HDD: 1TB

- Ram: 16gb

- 2gb Quadro nvidia dedicated graphics

- 2.70ghz processor speed

- Screen size : 15.6inch

- Memory card slots: MMC. MS. MS pro.

- SD 4 USB Port

- DVD RW CD ROM HDMI

-Bluetooth: Yes

- HD Webcam: Yes

- Wireless network WiFi: Yes
- Battery backup: 4hrs

- Microsoft package: windows 10 installed

- Body look : As clean as new.

- Condition: Working perfectly with great battery.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Makschinchin: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
polimaf:
It’s the same replacement battery.

When the system shuts down, does the battery capacity reduces? I mean if it shuts down at 50% and when switched back on, does it go down to 20% or something lower

It works fine sometimes when I switch it back on, the difference won't be much before shut down. Only on two occasions did I notice that it switched off at 52℅ and when I turned it back on, it was at 64℅ (wonderment right?).. The second time it switched off at 40something person and when I turned it back on, it was at 17℅.. Apart from these two issues, it shuts down and turns back on at a slight difference
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Makschinchin: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2019
etech:
Hmmm from what you have said this only happens when the battery is in use but when it's plugged to power with no battery it works fine right?

please do a quick check on the windows event viewer and see if there are error code paste code here please. This might be a power management issue

Yes, it only happens when I'm using the system on battery.. When I plug the battery to light, or remove the battery and plug only system to light, it works fine and doesn't shut down.

Yes, he checked for overheating and used a thermal paste in it and cleaned it up.

I have replace the battery with other replacement batteries but still no show

How do I do a quick check on Windows event viewer??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
1. go to windows search.
2. type administrative tools then click to open
3. click on event viewer
4. expand windows log then click on system

Double click on the error you will see the code.

Makschinchin:

Yes, it only happens when I'm using the system on battery.. When I plug the battery to light, or remove the battery and plug only system to light, it works fine and doesn't shut down.

Yes, he checked for overheating and used a thermal paste in it and cleaned it up.

I have replace the battery with other replacement batteries but still no show

How do I do a quick check on Windows event viewer??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by huslerr(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
Help please. I tried switching on my system but it couldn't boot. I tried repairing but it's telling me " Automatic repair couldn't repair files..."
D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by andresia(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
etech:
The scan shows you have issue with the windows-component based servicing logs (CBS) and the scan could not fix it you can do this manually.

1. To go services stop windows update service.
2. Make sure you login as administrator then go to location C:\windows\logs\CBS\CBS.logs
3. then delete the CBS logs you have there
4. start windows update service
5. restart your system

Tried as instructed but met a brickwall

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
I need the casing for HP 250 g2, anyone?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Did you login to your computer as an administrator?

andresia:

Tried as instructed but met a brickwall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Makschinchin: 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
etech:
1. go to windows search.
2. type administrative tools then click to open
3. click on event viewer
4. expand windows log then click on system

Double click on the error you will see the code.

It's showing ErrorCode 126

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
My optiplex 780 is showing cpu fan error on booting i opened up the system cleaned debris and dust i even downloaded speed fan to monitor the temp the hdd was fine but the core0 and core 1 was high i am very confused right now bc i dont knw wat to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
Just format and save yourself any stress
huslerr:
Help please. I tried switching on my system but it couldn't boot. I tried repairing but it's telling me " Automatic repair couldn't repair files..."
D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by huslerr(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
polimaf:
Just format and save yourself any stress

I have too many files that I can't afford to lose
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
Back up the files or better still, if you little space in hard drive, don’t do a clean installation.

While trying the repair, did you use installation disc?
huslerr:

I have too many files that I can't afford to lose
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Greyworld: 2:04am On Jun 20, 2019
etech:

Hey boss I av a similar issue, but mine is this, the system wont power up until i remove the battery and plug it to a source of power. What could b wrong with it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2019
Change your battery. That’s all you need to do... if you’re close to ikotun in Lagos, I sell good replacement batteries
Greyworld:

Hey boss I av a similar issue, but mine is this, the system wont power up until i remove the battery and plug it to a source of power. What could b wrong with it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2019
please check there are more error codes in the event viewer relating to unexpected shut down.

Makschinchin:

It's showing ErrorCode 126
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2019
First check with another battery and see what happens.

Greyworld:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2019
Your system already told you what the problem is just take it to a technician to check that fan they might just need to change it also the heatsink should be checked. core 0 and core 1 is high that is a red flag.

Kvngfrosh:
My optiplex 780 is showing cpu fan error on booting i opened up the system cleaned debris and dust i even downloaded speed fan to monitor the temp the hdd was fine but the core0 and core 1 was high i am very confused right now bc i dont knw wat to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by huslerr(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2019
polimaf:
Back up the files or better still, if you little space in hard drive, don’t do a clean installation.

While trying the repair, did you use installation disc?

No

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.