Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265197 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
Bobbyunitedfc:
Pc stucked on "preparing automatic repair" what's the way forward out of this?
You might have to reload it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BoltLigarus: 8:24am On Jan 20, 2022
I've had a lot of computer troubles throughout my long computer work. But I could have never imagined how really painstaking it would be to transfer one email client into another! Thanks to someone from this forum who gave me import eudora to outlook instruction. So I downloaded this small utility and finished the process fast.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lacruz12(m): 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
Good day nairalanders!! Please I need help on how to solve the issue of laptop going off during use.

I notice it overheats a lot and this may be the cause of it. Also the fan runs loudly coupled with vibration.

How can I get thIs fix?? Please include how much it may cost me if I will eventually take it to an engineer.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2022
lacruz12:
Good day nairalanders!! Please I need help on how to solve the issue of laptop going off during use.

I notice it overheats a lot and this may be the cause of it. Also the fan runs loudly coupled with vibration.

How can I get thIs fix?? Please include how much it may cost me if I will eventually take it to an engineer.

Thanks
the fan is not working effectively, that is why it is overheating and shutting down. it is clogged with too much dust, may have to be replaced or cleaned and the heatsink cleaned and reapply thermal paste. 3k or 2k

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lacruz12(m): 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
Adewale1603:
the fan is not working effectively, that is why it is overheating and shutting down. it is clogged with too much dust, may have to be replaced or cleaned and the heatsink cleaned and reapply thermal paste. 3k or 2k

Thank you bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doracity82(m): 1:10am On Jan 21, 2022
Please gurus in the house help me. My HP 15 ac143wm laptop is not turning on. When plugged, the charging light is showing. And power on white light is showing too, yet it won't on. Pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dadrenaline(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Good morning.

Please, I just woke this morning to try and use my laptop only to find the screen flickering after turning it on.

What could be wrong?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2022
dadrenaline:
Good morning.

Please, I just woke this morning to try and use my laptop only to find the screen flickering after turning it on.

What could be wrong?
the flex cable might be shaking or disconnected
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2022
Doracity82:
Please gurus in the house help me. My HP 15 ac143wm laptop is not turning on. When plugged, the charging light is showing. And power on white light is showing too, yet it won't on. Pls help me
do you mean that, the screen is not displaying but the power light on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doracity82(m): 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Adewale1603:
do you mean that, the screen is not displaying but the power light on
the power light is on, the system is not turning on. Nothing is moving inside it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
Doracity82:
the power light is on, the system is not turning on. Nothing is moving inside it
you mean the power light and the charging light is on. do you hear the sound of the fan working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jemerson: 12:15am On Jan 22, 2022
Doracity82:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dadrenaline(m): 9:16am On Jan 22, 2022
Adewale1603:
the flex cable might be shaking or disconnected

Thanks.

I initially thought that I would have to fix/change the screen.

So, what will it cost to get the cable connected again, sir?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doracity82(m): 9:20am On Jan 22, 2022
Adewale1603:
you mean the power light and the charging light is on. do you hear the sound of the fan working
no sound from the system. Fan is not working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2022
dadrenaline:

Thanks.

I initially thought that I would have to fix/change the screen.

So, what will it cost to get the cable connected again, sir?
take it to the Pc technician, they would have to readjust the flex cable connector properly or replace it if the flex cable has been confirmed to be bad. in some rare cases, it might be the screen o

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2022
Doracity82:
no sound from the system. Fan is not working
no sound from the fan, no hard disk activity, system does not power on. this is a motherboard problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Achor1111(m): 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
Pls, l need help.
After 1yr+ of non-usage of my hp3125, l on it, it displays "Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk"
It is a mini laptop.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Doracity82(m): 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
Adewale1603:
no sound from the fan, no hard disk activity, system does not power on. this is a motherboard problem.
OK. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
Achor1111:
Pls, l need help.
After 1yr+ of non-usage of my hp3125, l on it, it displays "Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk"
It is a mini laptop.
it can't find an Os on the hard disk. you need to install a new windows on it. or the hard disk might have been disconnected from the system, remove and reinsert it back properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 12:07am On Jan 23, 2022
Achor1111:
Pls, l need help.
It is a mini laptop.
How to Fix Boot Device Not Found Error?
1. Perform a Hard Reset
A hard reset re-establishes the connection between BIOS and the hardware. Performing a hard reset is easy and it may fix the boot device not found 3F0 error. Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Remove the computer from any docking station and unplug the AC adaptor from the computer.
3. Ensure no peripheral devices are connected to the computer.
4. Now press the Power button for 15 seconds to drain out residual charge.
5. Press the Power button to start the system.
6. Once the Startup menu appears, use arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally and press Enter.
2. Restore BIOS Default Settings
Sometimes, the system is configured to boot from an unbootable disk. To fix boot device not found 3F0 error , follow these steps:
1. Press the Power button to start the computer, and immediately after this, repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
2. To load and restore BIOS Setup Default settings, press F9 on the BIOS setup menu.
3. Once loaded, press F10 to Save and Exit.
4. Select yes, and then press Enter when it says Exit Saving Changes.
5. Follow the instructions to restart the computer.
3. Reset Hard Drive
There might be some loose connections, and resetting the hard drive may fix the boot device not found error. Follow these steps: few seconds to turn off the computer.
Unplug the power cable. reconnect the hard drive restart it to see if it works seamlessly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obinnanelson4(m): 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hello good people of this forum..... I have an Acer laptop, when I push the power button to ON it, it will come ON but after booting, it trips OFF and starts booting again by itself. This continues on and on and on. Please what could be wrong with the system and the likely solution? Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
obinnanelson4:
Hello good people of this forum..... I have an Acer laptop, when I push the power button to ON it, it will come ON but after booting, it trips OFF and starts booting again by itself. This continues on and on and on. Please what could be wrong with the system and the likely solution? Thank you.
what does it displays on the screen when booting, like any error code or information. it seems your system can't boot pass the bios stage, its in an endless loop of booting and rebooting again. this caused by a corrupted bios or bricked motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obinnanelson4(m): 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Adewale1603:
what does it displays on the screen when booting, like any error code or information. it seems your system can't boot pass the bios stage, its in an endless loop of booting and rebooting again. this caused by a corrupted bios or bricked motherboard.
sir, the booting is normal, but at the point of displaying the application interface screen after booting, it trips OFF and restart booting again and again and again like an endless circle.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
obinnanelson4:
sir, the booting is normal, but at the point of displaying the application interface screen after booting, it trips OFF and restart booting again and again and again like an endless circle.
this seems like a corrupted windows Os or bad hard disk. you have to reinstall another windows on that same hard disk, if the windows installation is unable to load or work on that hard disk, then you have get another good hard disk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Floda: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
Good eveng guys.
Please my system screen has issues. It initially was showing green lines and some patches but after a while the screen stopped coming on ( just a dark blank screen ). if you hit it sometime it comes up but goes back off.

Abeg who can help out.

It's an Elitebook 8540p.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
obinnanelson4:

So many things can cause this,you will need a laptop technician to Troubleshoot and check what the problem is.

Sometimes the cause of this kind of issue can be bad RAM, Bad processor, again water damage can cause this too(corrosion on a particular IC)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
Floda:
Good eveng guys.
Please my system screen has issues. It initially was showing green lines and some patches but after a while the screen stopped coming on ( just a dark blank screen ). if you hit it sometime it comes up but goes back off.

Abeg who can help out.

It's an Elitebook 8540p.

Point your torch light to the screen and see if you will see some characters on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 10:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
If you are in port Harcourt and you have issues with your system. Just dm me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Floda: 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
udemzyudex:

Point your torch light to the screen and see if you will see some characters on it.

No I can't see, anything just a blank screen..

Please how can I contact you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obinnanelson4(m): 11:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
udemzyudex:

So many things can cause this,you will need a laptop technician to Troubleshoot and check what the problem is.

Sometimes the cause of this kind of issue can be bad RAM, Bad processor, again water damage can cause this too(corrosion on a particular IC)
I see ... Thanks alot sir, I will look into that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obinnanelson4(m): 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Adewale1603:
this seems like a corrupted windows Os or bad hard disk. you have to reinstall another windows on that same hard disk, if the windows installation is unable to load or work on that hard disk, then you have get another good hard disk
ok sir. I will look into this. Thanks alot for your time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Floda:

No I can't see, anything just a blank screen..

Please how can I contact you

Call/WhatsApp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.